Oblivion Awaits! Part II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I get this please?
As for the critique, You did a very nice job with the shading. The symetry is expected because of the design. It looks a little plain for a boss...I would suggest a gapping maw of jagged teeth, or apendiges like Ferrothorn's that will allow it to hang from a cave ceiling and stalk. If you have ever played The Legend of Zelda Windwaker then you proboly has seen the 2nd boss that is a rough example of wht a plant boss should look like.

I would name Skrillex (Named after the band) or Shrillex

I like the picture, it is really intresting in the way blades come out here and there. It looks like a portal and it makes me feel hipmotized when looking at it. I think it could reel in prey by attracting them in and then stabbing them with the deadly blades that will kill them with ease. I could trap them in it and digest them just like fly traps.

Over all, it does not remind me of a flower to be honest tho. It reminds me of a shield that an evil demon would use to fight. It may also be used as a boomerang when you throw it at someone because of the spikes coming out of different places, just like captain america's shield.

I would name it "Shi no hana" which means Flower of death in Japanese.

I choose number 15!!

Not judging entries just yet, but these are pretty nice critiques from other people, I'll admit. As for distributors, the spots are all taken. Thanks to those that were willing to partake it. I forgot to mention it was first come first serve (which most people do anyway).

to start of that drawing s epic. It just sinks into my soul. It feels like i discovered soething new about myself. I honestly like. I don't know what was going thr ur mid when u made this but it is just amazing. O yea n tnx for th give away.

As for a nick name i would call it the "Blossoming of Eternal Truth" cus that just fits and sounds cool

for the lottery i would like number 13 please

Edit: i would like the third heatran pls

I really like the aesthetics of the piece of art especially how it starts as largely straight lines with slight curves but as you start moving out the curves become much more significantly pronounced especially as you head outwards. It looks pretty good from what I can only assume is free handed, there are spots here and there where it is uneven but you largely won't notice it unless you're looking at it really closely. For something that looks free handed it does look pretty awesome. Also the bottom end of it looks like a dragon roaring (the circles on the bottom left and right being the eyes and the bottom points looks like a dragons mouth with a full set of teeth)

I would name the piece Rose de Drago, cause of the dragon thing I just mentioned and the flower in the middle of it.

I'd like to enter Team Gamma.

I know a good name for the evil boss on your artwork. How about..... hmmmmm.... "Gaiaku"?

Japanese meaning: an evil and harmful influence.

[Team Delta]
13. cjgamer
14. StealthX
15. Ninjawes
16. SHINYWEAVILE (Put me here)

As for the artwork, I think it is great! When I was younger, I used to love drawing perfectly symmetrical things, no matter how random they were, even if they were just a bunch of random lines. This reminds me so much of it, and it's just so awesome. You know, I sort of imagined it as a form of god kyurem in it's god stone. It was super awesome. Anyway, I think it should have a name like, "The KYURGODSTONE" or something like that. IT'S JUST SO AWESOME!

To me, this artwork reminds me of two things: hostility and fragility. The hostile side of the artwork is reflected in the menacing aura it exudes due to the artist's renditions of many sharp angles and, for want of a better word, blades. Anything that is sharp and uninviting demands respect and expects you to not trifle with it. However, beneath the outwardly menacing exterior there lies what appears to be a fragile, almost crystalline, lattice work interior. Symmetry, as people have been talkig about, is something that is found in nature quite commonly in a right-left pattern such as that seen in a butterflies wings, and so it is hard to place your creation as organic, inorganic, or a combination of both.

As for a name, I like 'nether grasp', as it alludes to something that is unseen (and the malzahar reference in your thread title) and can also be a homonym for the word 'never'. Don't try and touch this creation a you'll get hurt, but at thesame time you run the risk of damaging it'd delicate core.

For the heatran, good job!!! I would very much like the hp grass one please!
Also, if the positions have not been filled yet, could i please have number 25 in the lotto?
Regards, the_duke

I'll have number 32 for the lottery.

As for your art... the symmetry was done rather well. Small errors in the symmetry are not apparent unless you're actually LOOKING for them, which is always good, and personally, the art is good enough that little points of asymmetry don't bother me. Considering that your work is so symmetrical and part of the beauty of it hinges on symmetry, that's saying something. you do a good job of drawing the eye in toward the center of your work, which I presume is the focal point. There isn't much of an illusion of depth, if that's what you were going for - I presume it's an aerial view of a flower? - but that's difficult to pull off anyway, particularly if you're drawing from your head and don't have a good reference in front of you. I got more of an impression of some winged Eldrich abomination than anything (like a Sigilyph, perhaps?).

Could you send me a link to more?

Put me in at #1 please.

As for the critique, it is very well done. The shading is excellent, as well as the design overall. The kaleidoscopic design in the middle of the art is very cool and meshes well with the overall design. The blade-like protrusions on either side are a very nice touch, and add a definite flare to the design. The tail-like protrusion also meshes well with the rest of the design as well.

I would like the HP Grass Heatran.

For the lotto, I'd like spot 31, please. Those in the knows say prime numbers are the way to go.

Now, for a critique. As a whole, it looks great. It's fit to be an emblem to some organization. It's like something you'd find at a major crime scene on a piece of paper as the only lead. There's also something that caught my attention while looking at it as a whole. Because of the way that the width expands as it goes from bottom to top and the 6 blade-looking parts curving out and upward, it reminds me of a boss that I can't quite remember. The boss was just a torso with a pointed base which led to large, crossed arms, armored shoulders, and a large head with either horns or maybe a crown. Maybe I'll remember later. Moving on. There are 6 other blade-like parts that remind me of Earth's sword from Zatch Bell. Seen here:
http://images.wikia.com/zatchbell/images/e/e2/Earth_and_Elly.jpg
Assuming that the boss isn't completely static like in the Mother games, those blades might rotate and the center of the boss could change color to give the impression of a never-ending tunnel of colors.
That's all I can think of dealing with specific parts. My last comment on the design is: I love the symmetry. It just wouldn't be the same at all, and I suppose when dealing with plants, it's almost necessary.

And finally a name. When it comes to nicknames, I like to mix words that describe it in order to make a really cool sounding name. One of my favorites that I thought of was for a Golurk. 'Youkaiser' a combination of youkai(demon/ghost) and kaiser (emporer). You say it's supposed to look like a sinister flower, and I'm not sure what game would have a flower as a final boss, but if it was was "Florapture" works well. 'Flora' for the flower part and 'rapture' since it could bring about the end of humanity(or not. The rapture part doesn't necessarily work well since it depends on the boss' role).

Looking at the art work at first glance, it resembled an advanced spaceship. Then, it looked like it could be some sort of metallic flying object with wings...maybe a Gundam, a spacecraft with metal wings, heck I even thought it could be a gargoyle or Gliscor made of steel. I did notice the pattern of a snowflake in the middle afterwards, so then it looked like two objects that clashed with each other, believing in each's own ideals(or something like that). Then, I read further down the post and you mentioned that you thought about a flower. The light bulb came on after that. Dunno how I missed it looking like a flower but it does.

It truly is some boss artwork you've got there. Sticking to the flower theme, I thought of two names. I really can't pick which one is better though, so I'll just go with the one I put more thought into: Heart of Scalgon. The nickname doesn't seem that original, but I came up with for several reasons. One being that it's your artwork and the second being that the artwork could represent a flower shaped like a cold, fierce heart on the outside that would not hesitate to hurt others to defend it's ideals(does that make sense?) but on the inside is the soft, gentle snowflake.

If I do win the ErupTran, I'd like to request the HP Electric one.

Also, can we do both parts of this giveaway? If so, I'd like to join Team Gamma(spot 11).

Awesome giveaway!

I did a piece of work like that a while ago. The reason pieces like that look so cool is because of the symmetrical structure (as you probably know). The beautiful thing about that kind of structure is that you never have to end it. So I don't know how you feel about the piece (whether or not it's finished), but you can ALWAYS expand upon it. I see what you mean about the flower. I imagine it from the top of the flower, even though it seems to have some sort of a stem.

If you care enough about it, I noticed a few things about it.

1. There's two sets of three black spikes on each side. the top right set seems a bit thinner than the other side.

2. You have three big spikes on each side of the picture. The ones on the right look better. They curve up more elegantly lol. I don't know.

Altogether, it's pretty symmetrical bar a few details. I would recommend continuing it. If you're into it, you can see how large it gets. When I did one like that, I just worked on it for about four months. It was a Giant Colossus between two obelisks, and at the bottom there was a small person looking up for perspective. This picture reminded me of that.

For the name, I don't know if you play Magic: The Gathering - but I would name it Myr Genesis. It reminds me of an artificial life-form coming to life.

And could you put me on team Theta? Thanks.

I would prefer the HP Grass one please.
About the artwork:
It is amazingly intricate while somehow it doesn't look remotely over the top but all those blades. the pencil shading adds a nice 3-D effect but I don't think it is as effective as it could be. Maybe you should try picking ONE direction for the light to be coming from instead of every-which-way.
Nice artwork all the same (me so jelly) and some nice Pokés u got there!

Lottery Spot #27

Desired Heatran: HP Grass

Image Name: Reasonable Dissent

In viewing the image, my mind immediately drifts to the fractal images that I google every time I get a new computer at work. Setting my background to an image in which I can get lost has a certain appeal around three o'clock in the afternoon. While your image would benefit from thinner lines and vibrant color in my opinion, I like the symmetry and complexity present. I especially enjoy what appears to be the illusion of symmetry on two axis, with the only actual symmetry occurring on one. This adds to the viewers ability to actually get lost in the image.

I could see the image as a tattoo in its current form, as a black light or wallpaper image were it to have bright colors.

I feel like this is a work in progress, as it almost doesn't seem to do the image justice to leave it as is. You could go someplace special with this image, giving it a place among top results in a google image search for "abstract wallpaper."

FC: 2623 4078 6242

i will say the very first thing i thought of when i saw this was a gliscor for some reason.moving on from that, the blades on the top part appear to be like a three fingered hand coming from the star like shape in the middle, combined with wings on the bottom. Its a really varied image, abstract and lets you project a lot of different things onto it, part of which I think has to do with the fact that its black and white. The detail you put in towards the center gets kind of overlooked for me at least initially because its so small compared to everything else, until i get drawn into it, and then I'm lost tryiong to figure out what I think the drawing is of again. Its a fascinating image based on its ability to not let you pin down what exactly it is. It really makes you think, something I think is important for a lot of drawings. Your various shades of black and grey were also really well done, highlighting some parts, letting others shift into the background. The symmetry is also really nice, since I'm a fan of symmetry, and I can just imagine printing it out and folding it different ways to see what it would look like. It is quite a fun image, you did a really good job.

also, id like the grass, not concerned about what spot i go in, and as for a name... Scion. I like it because it has the sc like in scythe or scissor and the jagged edges remind me of something like that, and since scion means a descendent of a notable family, it does kind of have a sort of superior hint to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)