Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Either One

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Both

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello one and all now with the Pokemon VGC pretty much over and done with a lot of you might be noticing that you have a little down time. Well not to fear because a friend and I plan on hosting a live Pokemon Tournament at Purdue University. We wanted to possibly get some sponsors from local stores and what not. Hopefully a video game store for prizes, hotel for cheap room fare because your not all gonna fit on the dorm floor, and finally local food places.

-Looking to be hosted on Labor Day Weekend
-Quarterfinals and onward will be showed on T.V.'s

RULES
All Released Pokemon are Useable
-No Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, and Meleotta
-Includes released dreamworld Pokemon
-4 Ubers in a team & 2 in a battle (Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom)
-No using the same Pokemon (Obvi)
-Bring 6 Pokemon Use 4
Can't use the same item twice
Action Replay is legal, we at this moment have no way to check for hacks, but that doesn't mean make your Pokemon's stats 999.
Moves and Stats of a player's team will be checked if requested and for quarterfinal matches.

If you have any questions contact me by private message, I would like to leave this topic strictly to suggestions and what to do to make this all happen.

Thank You for your time

VGC!! Also awesome choice at Purdue! I'm gonna apply there this year (senior year in highschool) and I live in Indy =) PERFECT!!

Sorry for not updating with a post, but here is a bit of information for everyone.

-Looking to be hosted on Labor Day Weekend
-Moving back to Purdue on August 13th or so, so will begin to talk to local shops for sponsorship
-Getting a DS Device Capture, basically shows the DS on a t.v. screen like at actual tournaments

If you have any ideas to get more people interested leave a post. Also tell your friends get them interested.

These will be the rules used at the tournament.

RULES

-No Keldeo, Genesect, Meleotta.
-2 Ubers Allowed (Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys, Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Zekrom)
-Bring 6 Pokemon Use 4
Action Replay is legal, we at this moment have no way to check for hacks, but that doesn't mean make your Pokemon's stats 999.
Moves and Stats of a player's team will be checked if requested and for quarterfinal matches.

Any questions or fixes please post.

RULES

-2 Ubers Allowed (Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys, Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Zekrom)
-Bring 6 Pokemon Use 4

Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys, Manaphy, and Shaymin were all banned last year and I would assume it is going to remain this way for VGC'11 (no one knows for sure). Also, do you mean 2 ubers allowed on your party? Or in a battle? Last year the rules permitted you to have 4 ubers in your party but only 2 of them in battle.

Edit: IMO Kyurem should be added to the "Ubers List."

Arceus I believe wasn't released at the time so that's why he wasn't allowed. Kyurem will be moved to Ubers, can't believe I didn't see that.
Since all Pokemon at this point are useable or there is someway to get them. I believe they will try and use each one.

And yeah will go with the up to 4, but only 2 in battle.

From now if their is ever an update it will be made in the first post put in bold.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
All event pokemon are banned from VGC events. It's why victini wasn't allowed this year, or Manaphy the year before, or well, any of them. The reason Arceus isn't allowed is because it's an event mon, not wether it's released or not.

That didn't click till you said that alrite scratch that then all event mon are sadly out.

So new ban list Celebi, Jirachi, Mew, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phione, Deoxys, and Arceus.

If any other mistakes please post, trying to make this a viable VGC 2012 tournament.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
All event pokemon are banned from VGC events. It's why victini wasn't allowed this year, or Manaphy the year before, or well, any of them. The reason Arceus isn't allowed is because it's an event mon, not wether it's released or not.
Don't lie, TRU Dragonite was allowed in 09.

Don't lie, TRU Dragonite was allowed in 09.
Event pokemon means ANY pokemon that is unobtainable without an event like darkrai or mew or manaphy, not something that can be caught ingame without an event but still happens to be from an event.

RULES

-Bring 6 Pokemon Use 4

Those two are incompatible in BW. You can have either ubers or bring 6 pick 4, but not both.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Event pokemon means ANY pokemon that is unobtainable without an event like darkrai or mew or manaphy, not something that can be caught ingame without an event but still happens to be from an event.
Level 50 Dragonite was not obtainable in game back then without hacking/event.

@SixoneSix I'm alittle confused at what you mean. We were probably going to use IR, can you not to that kind of battle in IR. If thats the case we'll probably be able to do Wifi which I believe works.

BTW if anyone knows how to hack the Tournament Battle thing in the Main Menu of your game to create an event please tell me.

Hey guys I know that I haven't updated this post in awhile, but I just read some interesting news that there may be fall regionals for the VGC. If that is true then this tournament may or may not go on. If it does we'll go by whatever rules the TPCi announce. We'll find out on September 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)