Switch Off Your Mind Tournament - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by Earthworm who is a pretty cool guy

Smogon Tournament Rules

Switch Off Your Mind Tournament

switching takes too much effort so this tournament will involve absolutely zero switching, perfect for today's stressed battlers

Originally hosted by CaptCombee

Sign-Ups
Round One

General Rules:

• Battles must be played on the Pokemon Online simulator. The server you play on is up to you and your opponent. If you ask for your opponent's Friend Code I will track you down and steal your left kidney.
  • Standard Gen 5 OU battle, Smogon's banlist is in effect!
  • You are not allowed to join if you are lucky enough to be ICBB or banned from joining tournaments.

Clauses:

• Species Clause - Use six different Pokemon on your team please!
  • Sleep Clause - You can't put any opposing Pokemon to sleep in this tournament.
  • Evasion Clause - Moves like Double Team are pretty gay. BANNED.
  • OHKO Clause - Moves like Sheer Cold are even gayer. BANNED.
  • Self KO Clause - If your last Pokemon uses a move that forces a tie eg Destiny Bond, you lose G_G
  • Wifi Clause - Turn that shit on.
  • Battle Timeout - Don't make your opponent wait it out. Real battlers don't go to the bathroom in the middle of a battle, THEY USE A BOTTLE.

Specific Rules:

• No Switching until your Pokemon faints!!!!!!!!!!
  • Baton Pass, Volt Switch, and U-turn are not allowed. DON'T
  • Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, and Circle Throw are not allowed either!
  • Memento is now banned
  • Your Pokemon may not hold Red Card or Eject Button!
  • No moves that puts the opponent's Pokemon to sleep! Feel free to Rest yourself up though.

This round will last approximately one and a half weeks, as for the deadline, let's say Friday 5th August 12:01 AM EST

Pairings:

ironbullet93 vs lady salamence
undisputed vs sgv
mcmeghan vs badalcristiano
zeph vs delko
soto vs lunar.
scimjara vs grimm70
seven deadly sins vs vratix
ciele vs focus
blue_tornado vs agammemnon
.robert vs .carloo~
eternal vs taylor
badabing vs ojama
.kyuusei. vs .i wish you well.
yoshiken vs dc.
gokartmozart vs pi-dimension
lakers vs breludicolo
supermarth64 vs espyjoel
pimpgangster vs zdrup15
pippy vs iconic
icey the king of ice vs high turtle
jabbathegriffin vs darkloic
-manu- vs iggdrasil
raseri vs kaonohiokala
-frexa- vs bloo

Why did reyscarface get an activity win last round when I contacted him more times AND the one time he agreed to battle he then changed his mind and left instead? I understand that I'm just whining but if anything that should be a coinflip and not an activity win.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why did reyscarface get an activity win last round when I contacted him more times AND the one time he agreed to battle he then changed his mind and left instead? I understand that I'm just whining but if anything that should be a coinflip and not an activity win.
in future please make a post like BEFORE the round is over and i decide on the next round's match-ups, since there were no posts from either of you in the thread all i had to go on were rey's words on IRC, you can't honestly expect me to go to everyone's profiles and check for correspondence

anyway i have verified from the VMs on rey's profile that you were indeed more active in contacting your opponent, so you go in over rey

sgv and i basically had the same strategy, i just forgot to put the right ability and lost because of it :/ man i hate this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)