Smogon Fantasy Football - 2011 NFL season

I think thats because when I joined it said there was 1 slot left. You probably should increase the league size, waterbomb.

pookar

Banned deucer.
for league c i swear there was something dumb i complained about last year that we all wanted to fix.. its possible it was "flex" position which i believe you added, but if there is anything else you can think of bring it up (i looked over the scoring and everything seems fine)

also the possibility of having 2 flex w/r/t positions ??

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You might have complained about the points for return yardage but I don't think that was a huge sticking point. Also I'm gonna go ahead and increase the league size back to 12. The reason people can't join right now is because there are pending invitations, which I will remove now. This should open up 4 more spots.

Joined league C as Ten Seconds Flat

Honestly, how many people think that Arian Foster deserves to be drafted ahead of Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson? Obviously he had an amazing year last year, but running backs hardly repeat career years back to back (see Turner '08-'09) and the Texans play quite a few high power offenses this year. I can't see him as any more than a "high risk, high reward" player, but that's not something you want from a top-3 pick.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I never draft players high that had a huge breakout year prior, because they always disappoint. I passed on Ray Rice last year for the exact same reason, and I am very glad I did. I value consistency over hot/cold in fantasy any day, so a player like Adrian Peterson is far more useful to me than an Arian Foster type who most likely will have a "coming back to earth" year, especially with his knee issue. Now, if he continues to produce this year, I may consider him the following year. But if I had a choice between him and AP or CJ, the other two I would take without hesitation.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Depending on your PPR settings, Ray Rice may or may not have actually outscored AP and CJ last year. Just sayin'.

sup i guess i'll join league c since b is full ~n~

edit i am in league c as 'dicknibblers' name subject to change but probably not

if a spot in league b opens up i would like to join but i am not going to be a (BAN ME PLEASE) about it, it's just not my style to be a (BAN ME PLEASE)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Alright folks looks like Leagues A B and C are all full. If you're late to the party, you'll probably have to wait til next year (unless there is substantial interest between now and the beginning of September to create a 4th league).

@Lakers - did Hero accept his invite yet?

hey guys I made this league again http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=86737 there are only 3 slots left so, sorry, I would rather take people I at least vaguely know until I have to do otherwise; if there is not enough interest I will just give out the password at large, but for now just let me know if you want to join.

It is an 8 team league with each team having 2 QB 3 RB 3 WR 2 TE 2 K 2 D 1 RB/WR 1 TE/WR and 8 bench spaces. It was pretty fun last season, I got the most points but zerowing won it all! Playoffs are 2 weeks each and 2 rounds. The league is geared for every position to score points...it is an interesting setup that allows a lot of drafting strategies to work.

Alright folks looks like Leagues A B and C are all full. If you're late to the party, you'll probably have to wait til next year (unless there is substantial interest between now and the beginning of September to create a 4th league).

@Lakers - did Hero accept his invite yet?
He did not, so if he doesnt accept it by next week there will be 1 open spot for league B

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
uh oh, look who's playing the first week in League C? It's a repeat of last year's championship. Will pookar be able to take me down this time? We shall see!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"Depending on your PPR settings, Ray Rice may or may not have actually outscored AP and CJ last year. Just sayin'."

Sorry, I typically don't give 8 points per reception in my leagues ^_^
At the typical 1 PPR, he outscored them. At .5 PPR, which is what we used in "League A" last year, he was directly behind those two in scoring.

Better Than You Think©. :justin2::justin2::justin2:

Man, Arian Foster even had the most Rec Yds of all RBs. ._. And was second in actual receptions, ahead of Mr. Rice and behind LeSean McCoy. After the huge drop-off from Foster, there wasn't much difference between RB #2-10ish.

pookar

Banned deucer.
yo for league C want to add a third WR? i know theres a flex spot but still. personally i like being able to start more players, but if nobody else is down with that im fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)