General Arabian Discussion

PS2: Champions of Norrath. Pretty fun dungeon crawler. I play with my wife for the most part.
I used to play that game with my friend. It was really fun, my favorite part was running around with one of those special bows that poisoned anything you shot with it. The thing about that game was that I was always reluctant to let go of a weapon that I had some kind of enchantment (fire, poison, lightning) on, even for an obviously better weapon.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
PC: Touhou Shoot the Bullet. For some reason, I've picked up interest in this game, again. Came back to it and cleared Scenes I believed to be impossible before! Which is amazing to me. I'm 3 Scenes short of EX stage.

I think my best new pics are either this or this.

360: Fallout New Vegas - Finished the game with Caesar's Legion. I feel bad for the Baby Deathclaws whose mother I vaporized in the Quarry Junction... Cazadors were extremely annoying though, especially the Legendary one. (Fun fact: I came up with my account name from playing this.)

GCN: Shadow the Hedgehog - Finished all stories. What really surprised me was the pure Dark endings. Never thought I'd hear Powerman 5000 in a "kids" game.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
um

Elder Scrolls 4 - It's pretty cool. I haven't bothered with the main storyline yet. I started the Dark Brotherhood stuff, which is pretty cool, and got entangled in a couple of quests while trying to steal shit. I'm new to WRPGs except for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, so it's a bit confusing, but I think that I have it down well enough. I'm poor so I can't buy Skyrim at 60 dollars, but I picked this one up cheap at 20. Definitely a good play, I can see myself sinking a ton of hours into this. 9.3/10

Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow - Purchased this for eight dollars on eBay, so it was a good deal. It's fun as hell, and pretty hard. My first Castlevania game, but if they're all this good then I'd like to play them. I like the RPG elements (stats, equip "spells", fuse souls and weapons) that go with the platforming elements that go with some very fun Action/Adventure stuff. Extremely cool. I picked up a couple DS games to tide me over until maybe Shin Megami Tensi: Devil Survivor Overclocked comes out for 3DS, but if not that then the holiday season shitload of awesome games. I already played the hell out of Zelda and don't feel like Master Quest juuust yet. 9/10

Final Fantasy III - It's okay. I probably should have gotten IV or V or whichever one is on DS. It's some standard RPG action, pretty linear. Sad that there's no real story to speak of and I hate losing my stats when I change jobs. I'm "stuck" on one boss (I really just don't feel like progressing lol). 7.3/10

999 - This is SO GOOD. The atmosphere is just amazing, and the story is fantastic. I played fr like 8 hours straight the day I bought it. I got the three bad endings and each time I play through, things that had no meaning last play through are suddenly fucking conspiracies! I can't quite bring myself to get another ending....I played for 13 hours according to my 3DS over the course of a few days, so I was a bit burnt out. I recommedn this to anyone with a (3)DS. 9.7/10

I ordered Metroid Prime Hunters and that's coming in the mail soon, so I'll be sure to give my opinion on that. I also found a BOATLOAD of N64 games (SM64, OOT, Star Fox 64, Banjo Kazooie, DK64, Turok 2) as well as my N64. I just need to order some power and av cords off of eBay.

AJers

Your typical e-wench
Diablo I & II (PC)- An RPG game where you are battling "the devil" (and his brothers in Diablo II); pretty simple/timeless storyline that is easy to follow. I fell in love with Diablo I in High School but didn't finish the game due to other obligations. My sister moved back home a couple years ago and brought Diablo II with her; I played (and finished) the game, only to discover that it restarts and makes you go through the levels again with harder monsters to battle. I think I got about half-way through the game the second time before I just wandered off. Regardless, I love them and they're definitely on the *one day I need to sit down and play this game, again* list.

Other than that the only games I really play are:
PC- tetris, puzzle/"I spy" games that my mom gets
360- COD: Black Ops; Halo (3 or Reach); the recent Final Fantasy; I own Madcom 3 and DMC4 but I haven't played either and my sisters own a million games they want me to play that I haven't gotten around to. Assassin's Creed is probably the next game on my "I should probably try it" list.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've just finished Mass Effect 2, the most cinematic game I've ever played. Seriously the whole experience felt like watching some awesome interactive 26 hour sci fi series. The gameplay too is much improved from the first one - as I was anticipating, having read reviews of both before deciding to play through them in order.

Also enjoyed my playthrough of Portal 2, another incredible sequel. The storyline is markedly improved and the feel of the game is deliciously dystopian, with fantastic voice acting from Stephen Merchant - probably one of the only games with a script that has made me literally laugh out loud.

Now thinking of going back to recruit the dwarf king with my new party in Dragon Age: Origins. I've played a good 140 hours of that game and still not completed it - having decided to restart my character from the very beginning. It's not often I get stuck on 'Normal' difficulty on a game... If I can't beat her this time around, I'll have to take the difficulty down to easy!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood: Recently beat these two, now going back to do all the sidequests. Going back to AC2 is ass though because the fight system in Brotherhood is that good. Also I hate race sidequests.

Okamiden: Decent handheld sequel to one of the best games I've played. I got stuck at a stupid part of the game and although I read online how to get past it (because it is that dumb) I haven't gotten back into it. If anything this game suffers from an overworld that is split it two halves (rectified via teleporting gained later), and stupid way upgrading weapons is now. Partner puzzle solving is also ass and the formula for solving all of them has been seen before and never changes. It is good but it just makes me want to play the original.

I've been feeling like playing a good old job system RPG again. So I might pick up FF3 or FF5. Unless anyone knows of any better ones (not tactics though).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
FF5 is super amazing. I recently played it for the first time and it blew me away. It's not an FF you play for story and it's pretty breakable, but it's just fun from start to finish.

^Yeeeah. Another FFV lover! My second favorite after VI.
P.S. the reason it's story is actually great is because it's a parody of the older games. See: Exdeath lol

Been playing Killing Floor with some other folks (dak, pluff, dan, etc) lately. It's pretty fun, basically it is a co-op horror survival game, up to 6 players kill off waves of zombies, restock on guns, ammo and armor, repeat. After last wave, a boss comes that is hard to kill. Basic idea is that you stick together and work as a team, but we have hit the problem that we can solo most of the easiest difficulty when we play together, but going 1 diff up slaughters us. I suppose we just have to practice. The game also has a sort of RPG touch with it's perk system, where you level up different perks by using the guns or other equipment meant for that perk. For instance, a Sharpshooter gains levels by headshotting with rifles/pistols, while a Support Spesialist gains levels with Shotguns and weldings (locking/unlocking doors).

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay I've been playing FFV lately and I must say I am enjoying it.

My only thing with the job system as it is would be that you really can only have one class and then a sub-class with one skill. I do know freelance has two slots and one class later will have three.

Being me I almost want to have every class master everything for the hell of it.

My current group is

Bartz: Currently: Mystic Knight lv3, Knight lv 4, Monk lv 4, Blue Mage lv 2

Lenna: Currently: White Mage lv 4, Black Mage lv 3, Time Mage lv 4, Summoner lv 2, Blue Mage lv 2, Geomancer lv 1

Faris: Currently Knight lv 3, Theif lv 4, Mystic Knight lv 4, Blue Mage lv 3,v

Galuf: Currently: Time Mage lv 2, Knight lv 1, Monk lv 4, Summoner lv 3, Blue Mage lv 3,

Not the order they are in of course. Trying to have two fighters, Lenna my healer, and Galuf will be my support mage, or whatever the heck I need him for. I’m at lv 21-22 and I’m heading for the earth crystal.

Fighters

On my Summer holidays so when im not going out theres not much to do apart from E'v train pokemon... but when i find space inbetween this i usealy playing on the ps3 or Wii

SSBB (Wii): classic, and you can never get bored with creating your own maps.

UFC 2010 (PS3): hoping this would occupy my time, it turned out i had to retire within a day or two? still when you get so good you can just pound them till their pretty much TKO

MK (PS3): I listened to Skrillex "Reptile"... then i got back into the game.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (XBOX360) Pretty cool game with amazing graphics and real good gameplay value to it. For some users it might seem a bit too long but I guess I personally like long games. Online play is just amazing, thats all i got to say. this game got me hooked big time. Would give it a solid 9.2/10.

Well, I have a very limited available range of games, but I can say some of the games I am playing/have played stuck in my head.

Pokemon Ruby hack Pokemon Snakewood: OH. MY. GOD. The references.... This game is funny, difficult, complex, infuriating and even contains cake! And Dr Seuss! And it's set in a post-zombie-invaded Hoenn! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The (so not but some people seem to think so ) bad tiles and occasional bug do not counteract its PWNAGENESS! Unfortunate name though...

Final Fantasy IV: OMG YES I LOVE THIS GAME! What can I say? Smooth pleasing lines and curves, great storyline, battle system, storyline, items, storyline, graphics, storyline, Augments, EEEEEEEP! You spoony bard!

Pokemon Pitch Black: Aragornbird made this. Enough said. Oh, and also, wild Audinos hold rare Candy, everone is genderswapped and the challenge is quite remarkable.

Others: Too many good games...*explodes*

Let's see...

For the 360:
Call of Duty: Black ops, I'm addicted, I don't even know why. Play with goons from the Something Awful forums and have a great time, working on my 5th or 6th prestige (can't remember) and generally jerk around with SMGs, shotguns and ACOG snipers.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, pretty fun, I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoyed AC2, I already leveled up all my recruits to assassins so I'm kinda pissed I can't do much more with them except murder dudes. The story isn't as gripping in my opinion.

Red Dead Redemption, I've only just started this, but I really like it, I love the random encounters and it makes the world seem very alive. I also think the characters are the best ones rockstar have ever made, very likeable.

For the 3DS: TC's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, a very good SRPG, with enough depth and difficulty to make me really fucking shitty at it. I'm terrible at SRPGs. But it's fun and I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

LoZ: Link's Awakening, I never played it, so I picked it up on the eShop. I'm on the last boss and I can safely say it's one of my favorite zelda games ever, it has a charm and humour that you don't see in any other game in the series, and is also pretty hard in some parts.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge: An awesome DSiware game that I missed and picked up on the eShop. A very cute and charming metroidvania game based on a fun transformation mechanic that's well worth the 12 bucks or whatever, I've gotten tons of hours into it and it's a great time.

For my Mac: Fumbbl, a free internet java-run version of Games Workshop's BloodBowl specialty game. It's a fucking awesome RPG element "fantasy" football game where you pit you team or orcs or elves or whatever against another players and beat the fuck out of their team (or get your team beaten).

I recently borrowed the original Modern Warfare and boy it kills Black Ops. It blew my mind when it occurred that there was once a time when CoD was only a little bullshit.

Playing Pokemon Online and making a lengthy career of being raped by hax.

Started a new file on Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. I've only beaten it once before and I've already gotten myself stuck in the Dodongo's Cavern...at least the Water Temple will be easier.

I recently played Brawl for the first time since its release. How come nobody ever told me how much it sucks? :(

My collection of games usually include two things: either they are hacks(whether made by me as troll hacks, or others' serious hacks), or Fire Emblem. Yeah, I lack creativity. :/ I also have the occasional PMD to play if I'm really bored.

Pokemon Blaze Black: Wow. Fuck. This hack is insane. I only found the middle somewhat easy because I had Speed Boost Blaziken raping the fuck out of everything(lol uber much). Too bad my save died while I was grinding for Skyla, and I couldn't get No$GBA to ever work again. =.=

Pokemon Crystal Enhanced: This crazy hack made by someone called Fireburn(trololol) which is quite trollish if you attempt to nuzlocke it, which is what I'm doing right now. ugh. Insanely high levels and high amounts of grinding. Fun.

Fire Emblem 6: HM of this game is gay. Very gay indeed. I'm on Chapter 7 and I can't count the countless amount of times that Marcus (or Mr. Overpowered-Character-with-bad-growths) has saved my life. >_>

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky: The remake of Explorers of T/D is IMO one of the best games for this series. It basically touched up on whatever was lacking on T/D, did some actual character development(Wigglytuff isn't just a random idiot now and Team Charm aren't those random girls that appear, stay around for one part of the game, then vanish entirely forever), and improved on a lot of the gameplay. I've gotten so addicted to this that I've actually bothered raising Palkia(the best Pokemon for exploration purposes) all the way to max IQ. The new starters were also great: Pikachu may be excellent due to being evolved compared to the others, but Shinx was infinitely 100x better: it still has Discharge for Monster House-raping purposes, but it has Charge to amp up the power to overkill levels. Awesome stuff.

Trauma Center: One of a few games that wasn't related to Pokemon or Fire Emblem(lol). This game was quite fine to say the least with a rather nice plot, but there were some earlygame missions that were ridiculously hard(thrombi are bitches). :/

FF12: Revenant Wings: meh. Pretty awesome to say the least, but the lack of a post-game storyline or something irked me.

I recently got a PS3 so I've basically been playing PS3 games lately

Batman-Arkham Assylum: I had heard a lot of good things about this game so I decided to pick it up. I thought it was a very good game. My favorite parts were the stealth parts where you have to take down all those joker thugs while atop gargoyles. I also thought the general atmosphere, with the Joker taunting you everywhere you went, was also very well done.

Uncharted-Drakes Fortune: Uncharted 2 was the one I had heard great things about but I wanted to play the first one before delving into the story of the second one. I am glad I did because Uncharted-Drake's Fortune is a great game. The action is very well done and I love the atmosphere and mystery of the island you're on and of El Dorado. Only complaint is that the gunfights can get really repetitive, it seems like you're in a gunfight every 5 minutes.

Uncharted 2-Among Thieves: This game is right up there with Metroid Prime and Super Mario Galaxy 2 as one of the best games I have ever played. The action sequences and cinematics are top notch. There's not a single dull moment in the game and I found myself immediately wanting to play it again when I was finished. I probably would've too if I didn't have more games to play.

Red Dead Redemption: I'm still playing this game (I'm in the Mexico portion of it) but this is another one that will eventually end up on the "Best games I've played list". There's so much stuff you can do in this game it's unreal. Whether it be story missions, gambling in poker or blackjack, or taming horses and patrolling for criminals, there's always something to keep you occupied. My personal favorite thing to do is hunt bounties.

Games I'm looking forward to playing:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Batman: Arkham City
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

During holidays I played on my DS Lite mostly, and then mostly Advance Wars Dual Strike, Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright: Justice For All and Dragon Quest IX.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike is amazing. I've never been into games like this, but it's good. Like, really good. My tactics are absolutely horrible, but it's still a lot of fun to play, and have the idea you're into control of something big like an army.

Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright: Justice For All is another good game that is quite intriguing to play. You grow attached to the characters and the storylines are actually quite deep, and sometimes it's quite challenging to point out the right contradictions. I played the first Phoenix Wright too, but I think I like Justice For All better because of the weird characters.

I played Dragon Quest IX before (beat the main storyline, and then something more), and decided to play it again with some of the later classes in the game (used a cheat to gain them, not much fun in doing stupid quests for them if you ask me). The game looks good, plays well, and collecting items and equipment is always fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)