Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! I know the theme wasn't meant to be anything skeevy, I just found it funny how both you and Ritter went to the exact same place when thinking up your entries (if Ritter's isn't meant to be some sort of suggestive... thing... I will eat my hat, I can't unsee it).
Great. Now I can't unsee it. Thanks a lot. e_e

Here's a random fusion of Chimecho and Jumpluff. It wants free hugs!

Groudon, Kyrogre, and Raquaza were NOT impressed with what the combined ultimate form would look like.
This is my submission for the WSC week 1. However, I think that it may need adjustments. Any suggestions?

Elcheeso's WSC was the best as it didn't remind me of sex ed. I think they meant REbirth, not first birth. My laptop's VERY lenient parental controls couldnt see those two. I had to use my iPod.

Here's my new entrant for WSC (although a special-someone prefers the Child Birth one)

"When an elderly spirit passes away, a new form of life is born in it's place."

Hey guys, can someone take my current Avatar (taken from my Avatar on Gaia) and make it a Trainer Sprite please? For CAP ASB purposes?

Also, for the same purposes, the Golem line with Snake's Bandana?

I think I prefer that one, Toast, despite it being fairly simple. Kind of agree with bb19 up here, rebirth implies something different from babies being pushed out, imo, though it could go under the youth tag. Just wondering though, are animated sprites free to submit in the WSC?

@blastoiseboy19: What kind of parental controls are able to pick up seperate pics on a (relatively) kid friendly site and preemptively block them? o.o Do they somehow detect pics that look vaguely like genitals and block them? Does your laptop block cloyster as well, or only when it's been recoloured to pink? Didn't realise this shit had got so advanced, tbh.

@Master Win: The right ear (its left) is going to need some reshading I think.

@Exxmaniac: Haha, sorry! Btw, chimepluff is awesome, they go together really well.

Anyway, here's more of my crap. Decided I'd stick with the grounded digloon despite being sad about it. Here's ferroloon and ferrothloon!

I'd like some C&C on the phoenixes if anyones up for it. Not sure whether I want the smouldering ashes or having them still on fire... also not sure about braviary's head up there. Problem is that almost all bird pokemon have heads/necks that are far too thick or far too small/thin to connect properly to tropius' neck. /sigh. Opinions?

Edit: New 'loon requests would be cool, as well!

Sneasel/Weavile Loon
Cubchoo/Beartic Loon
You're Welcome :)

elcheeso said:
I'd like some C&C on the phoenixes
2nd one. Adds more life (ahem)
And there's nothing wrong with the neck, what are you saying.

Psst-are fairies related to rebirth/life/youth? Just asking.

@elcheeso: I'd like to see, like, the Magnemite line 'flooned. And I personally like the first phoenix better.

Thy Skimeow cometh into existence. I can't decide which color palette I like better.

^That is a good example of what happens when I sprite in the morning while I'm bored and half-asleep. The (even more) Mutated Mewtwo, everybody.

I'd like some C&C on the phoenixes if anyones up for it. Not sure whether I want the smouldering ashes or having them still on fire... also not sure about braviary's head up there. Problem is that almost all bird pokemon have heads/necks that are far too thick or far too small/thin to connect properly to tropius' neck. /sigh. Opinions?

Edit: New 'loon requests would be cool, as well!
I prefer the second sprite, but I do see something's up with the neck. Maybe using something with a more accentuated bend (like Arbok's tail, Charizard's neck?) would look better. Otherwise if you want to use Tropius I suggest trying these two things:

-moving the head up and to the left just a few pixels.
- or shrinking the yellow neck bit between his sets of head feathers

Another suggestion: Add some depth to the tail by putting a couple other "feathers" behind this one and receding to the left. Kinda like Fearow's sprite to provide a visual, but with more of a straight-line bottom edge.

'Floon request: Yanmega!

"Just wondering though, are animated sprites free to submit in the WSC?"

Of course! :D The rules state that you don't /have/ to submit an animated sprite unless the theme requires it, but you can still submit an animated sprite.

Psst-are fairies related to rebirth/life/youth? Just asking.
Fairies are affiliated with magic, health (potions and such), changing of the seasons, etc. So yes. Yes they are.

Two things o' my own I'd like to bring up.

1) Anyone got any cool Voltorb requests? I was thinkin' of doing some 5th Gen stuff, since all I've done is Tsutajaa.

2)

I'm quite sure I'm submitting this for WSC, but I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. Any changes?

Oh yes I can use fairies heeheeheehee

...what?

ToastTyrant13 said:
Anyone got any cool Voltorb requests? I was thinkin' of doing some 5th Gen stuff, since all I've done is Tsutajaa
Victini
Oshawott
Gigalith
=)

Personally I think your fetus entry was more interesting, but for the sake of appropriateness, go with this one.

Victini
Oshawott
Gigalith
=)

Personally I think your fetus entry was more interesting, but for the sake of appropriateness, go with this one.
Well, while I (and someone else) liked the other one, this one is much more suitable for competition. Besides, I think it looks alot nicer sprite-wise.

As per Victinorb, Oshaworb, and Gigalorb

Edit: WSC Week 0 poll is up guys, go vote! :D

Changed the wings a little bit on my Rebirth sprite. I also added a cape that looks like a spread out globe! Anyways, heres the backstory.

It was a stormy night. Groudon, kyogre, and raquaza stared out into the vast expanse of space.
Groudon was the first to speak. "I don't like the looks of this. Has Cyrus really taken control over palkia and dialga?"
Raquaza answered him. "Unfortunately, yes. And they will be too powerfull to overcome as long as we are separate."
Kyogre gave him a confused look. "What do you mean raquaza?"
"If we are to defeat them, then we must combine to make the ultimate form!"
Groudon sighed. "Is that seriously our only option. I mean, I love you sis and bro, but I don't want to be that close together..."
Raquaza shook his scaly head. "I'm afraid there's no other option. We must do it now!"
The three pokemon formed a triangle around the earth.
Raquaza lifted his head and said "By the powers of Fire! Water! And Nature! Change us into the ultimate form!"
FLASH!
The three titans were gone. Taking their place was a small fairy like creature, with and orb of water, a beautiful blossom and a orb of fire circling its body. even though it was small, it radiated immense power. All thoughts from each pokemon could be heard.
Raqaza spoke first. "Are you ready you two?"
Groudon and kyogre answered simutaneously. "Yes older brother, we are ready!"

C&C PLEASE!

except for the whole thing looking oddly symmetrical after you copy-and-flipped the parts, it's good.
The idea of Groudon-and-Kyogre-feather-things used as swords is cool, not to mention the entire flame, water orb and flower thingies.

@blastoiseboy19: What kind of parental controls are able to pick up seperate pics on a (relatively) kid friendly site and preemptively block them? o.o Do they somehow detect pics that look vaguely like genitals and block them? Does your laptop block cloyster as well, or only when it's been recoloured to pink? Didn't realise this shit had got so advanced, tbh.
My dad works for a computer company, he can do most anything short of making unicorns have a fourth horn. and i think that the comp blocks based on image, not site. idk. but yeah, im not the best with computer; just MS paint.

'Loon spam inc! I think I got all the requests done so far, so if anyone wants to see any more, feel free to say so. Think I'm at 61 'loons so far, not including shinies. :O

Thinking I might redo bearloon with a black nose or something, /shrug. It's a pretty boring 'loon.

Magneloons!

Tail looks a bit weird, might need to do some scratching on the tail facing down and redo this one.

@RitterCat: Penises are always appropriate.

Yaay~ I just got inspiration for a Dex and started working on it, everyone's favorite...

Koffing! Yup, a Koffing-Dex. It's admittedly a bit harder than it should be, 'cause sometimes I'm wondering if I should layer a part over or under a smoke cloud or something. Oh well. Enjoy Koffasaur, Koffecho, Koffloon, and Koffturn!

Aww...dangit! I hoped to see more of the Elemental Pans.
But who cares, Koffing dex is cool! My favorite is Koffasaur, it looks so natural. Even the name sounds natural o_0
Though I do wonder how you would incorporate complex sprites such as Tyranitar into a Koffing.

I think elcheeso is my favorite spriter simply because of all of those Drifloon, but why is there a missing spot between Bearfloon and Artifloono? I assume that was intentional but I dunno. Also the Entei 'floon has red eyes, dunno if that was intentional either lol.

I should probably start a dex to contribute, probably with Spinda. Any ideas for what else I could do?

I think elcheeso is my favorite spriter simply because of all of those Drifloon, but why is there a missing spot between Bearfloon and Artifloono? I assume that was intentional but I dunno. Also the Entei 'floon has red eyes, dunno if that was intentional either lol.
Ho ho, my master plan to increase my popularity via drifloon and be voted spriting prom king is going well! But yeah, all intentional, I have the 'loons listed by pokedex no. and evolution line (i.e. magnezloon is listed with its pre-evolutions instead of later on), except for the legendaries which are all listed together and seperate from the regular 'loons (though still by 'dex no.). The eye thing is the same for every 'loon, they get coloured (or at least 2 pixels do) based on the colour of the regular pokemon's eyes... except for 'mons who have black eyes, in which case they get white. Some are just harder to see than others.

I should probably start a dex to contribute, probably with Spinda. Any ideas for what else I could do?
I dunno if you're asking for spindadex requests or ideas for a different 'dex... if the latter, I'd go for something like skitty or woobat. Any of the smaller 4 legged dog/cat 'mons has potential, I think (so like vulpix/growlithe/poochyena etc). If the former... I say jynxda! I'd say jynxdex would be a good idea but I tried that myself for awhile and it was extremely painful.

PS: Artifloono is THE BEST NAME EVER AGHHH! I wish I wasn't so OCDish about this crap because that name is bloody awesome and I would totally use it. Two thumbs up.
PPS: Totally unrelated (and also not really directed at Kipp specficially), but I forgot to post this earlier, it's meant to be a zorua/vulpix/gastly fusion which was requested by dela_Cruz... I think the cloud needs a different colour scheme but I'm not sure what to use. /shrug.

Well I'm back dunanananan
On a lesser related note to anyone who remembers me sorry about all the links I broke. It created a lot more work for some people. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)