Cartoons

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!

I like the original MGM/Hanna-Barbera versions better than the others.
Although you might avoid the Gene Deitch versions...it has wonky animation and bad storyline.

Here's the other title card, more colorful than the previous one:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm partial to the Regular Show and Fairly Oddparents.
Also Ed Edd and Eddy was frikkin amazing

As you can probably guess from my avatar, my current most favourite cartoon is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic; it just makes me extremely happy for no reason at all, which is very uncharacteristic of any other cartoon.. which might even make it my absolute most favourite cartoon of all time, even with the nostalgia factor added in for the others.

In no particular order for the rest,

Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, Franklin the turtle, The Wonderful Adventures Of Nils, Seabert, The Adventures of Paddington Bear, The Mask, Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, The Wacky Races, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, The Cramp Twins, Grim Adventures, Time Squad, SOS Croco, Once Upon a Time... Life.

and definitely tons more I've forgotten about

I was reminiscing with my sister about some of the older stuff we used to watch, like Hey Arnold, Aah Real Monsters, Jackie Chan Adventures, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Rugrats, The Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy, Dexter's Laboratory, Kablam, The Wild Thornberries, CatDog, Avatar: Last Airbender, and Fairly Odd Parents

Mostly stuff from the 90's, imo the shows back then were very good…
I rarely watch new cartoons anymore, except for a select few like Family Guy, The Simpsons, and whenever I catch Fairly OddParents on

Man, I miss being a kid.

I will however watch the Legend of Korra. Literally can't wait

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
That's about the third time I've heard this show mentioned on 3 different websites, what is the deal?

Anyway, I enjoy Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Fairly Odd Parents. I also watch the new Scooby Doo's and Looney Tunes if they're on, mostly for nostalgic reasons. Pokemon, if it happens to be on.

Phineas & Ferb was only good for one season, which was kind of disappointing. I'll watch Futurama and MacFarlane's shows occasionally. Family Guy and American Dad have gotten a little stale for me now.

The classics go without saying.

I've never watched Adventure Time, but apparently its amazing. I watch Spongebob still, but the new ones are pretty shit. Seasons 1-3 (and the first few episodes of season 4) are amazing.

I love old cartoons like Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs. I watch Phinneas and Pherb when I remember that Disney Channel exists. Adult Swim has some amazing cartoons which I'm sure most if not all of you are aware of, but I recently started watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force again and holy shit I remember how great that show is.

Avatar: The Last Air bender was a great cartoon. All the old Nicktoons are of course classics as well as the old CartoonNetwork ones they don't show. I'm also a huge fan of Looney Tunes but sadly they never show them on TV anymore.

i remember angry beavers and my gym partner is a monkey (or something along those lines) being pretty good, though i cant vouch for the newer shows since i dont watch tv as much as i used to

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've never watched Adventure Time, but apparently its amazing. I watch Spongebob still, but the new ones are pretty shit. Seasons 1-3 (and the first few episodes of season 4) are amazing.

I love old cartoons like Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs. I watch Phinneas and Pherb when I remember that Disney Channel exists. Adult Swim has some amazing cartoons which I'm sure most if not all of you are aware of, but I recently started watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force again and holy shit I remember how great that show is.

Avatar: The Last Air bender was a great cartoon. All the old Nicktoons are of course classics as well as the old CartoonNetwork ones they don't show. I'm also a huge fan of Looney Tunes but sadly they never show them on TV anymore.
adventure time will blow your mind, watch it.

two of my friends are huge fans of air bender, and with the new season imminent i may take the time to go watch it...

about adult swim, certainly super jail as i mentioned in the op, and i've seen most of metalocalypse, which i think is overrated tbh. i will most likely give aqthf a go in the future, plus the dangerdoom song is totally sweet.

I'm so enraged that I didn't check this thread out earlier. Literally all of the cartoons I have ever watched in my existence were listed in the first page of replies. The only one not mentioned yet is Zatch Bell, but that's an anime. RAWR! >[

I like pretty much everything stated ITT, except for Flapjack (it's just plain stupid) and Regular Show (it's normally terrible and has no plot, but it seems to have improved over time as opposed to standard cartoon depreciation. I'll see how it's doing in a few weeks back in the States.)

I'm rather suprised at the lack of Foster's and Codename: Kids Next Door love and the sheer amount of Chowder and Adventure Time hate. I agree with the general love of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but isn't that an anime?

Also, @Gymdude, look it up on Youtube and see for yourself. It's made by the same person who made Foster's and KND, and it is quite better than a lot of the drivel Cartoon Network has been pumping out lately.

I agree with the general love of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but isn't that an anime?
Nah, created by Nick, animated in Korea, like literally, every other American cartoon in the past three decades. I bring it up because thinking of good western shows that resemble anime reminded me of Cybersix. Anyone remember that gem?

They did, an still do. Check their ending credits sometime. A contact of mine even worked as a supervisor for Family Guy's animation in South Korea in its early years.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'd say don't shit up my thread with an argument, but this flamingfighter guy needs to reply.

Why do you think Koreans did not animate Western cartoons? They also animated Samurai Jack and a bunch of other CN stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)