Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 down, one more to go, then i can start my challenge.

so far i've been given PickPocket the zubat, Tyrouge, Slick the wooper, Trollbird the pidgey, and a totodile.

That said, I want to do a Ruby Scramble, this one without trading. I think this is labeled a Variable Challenge, from memory. Each one will be of a different sort. The types to be filled are;

Super-Complex Challange
Payback Challange
Music-Themed Challange (Note: No Whismur or Altaria)
Variable Challange
The Walk in the Park Challange
The Difficult Challange (Medium-Hard)

As normal:
- NN are required
- If it can evolve, it must evolve
- Reserving the right to reject, though I probably won't.
Alright... For your music challange, take a male Torchic. Name it John. John is a rabid fan of the beatles, especially the man who shares his first name. Therefore, his mus--err, sorry, moves, by Winona will consist of:
Come Together (whatever you want, because he's gotta be free)
All You Need is Love (Attract, Captivate, or something along those lines.
Yellow Submarine (Dig-Paul can't go underwater so this'll have to do)
Revolution (A fighting type move, so Paul can start a Revolution)
John may evolve freely, the only restriction being that he may not be a Combusken before you beat the first gym.

@Piemonade: It sounds like you are taking an all Gen 4 nat pokedex available challange. If you are, take a Beldum. It must solo one of Fantina's pokemon to evolve; if you don't feel like doing that, solo all of Byron to evolve. No restrictions otherwise.

If, other than Squirtle, you can only use D/P pokemon, then take a Carnivine. No restrictions because it sucks.

@SimonSays: For your payback challange, take your Whismur.
This little bunny is sick and tired of everyone treating it like it's a soundbox, and it's sick of it. So, it must not know any Sound-based moves.
NN Muted.

@SimonSays: Super-Complex Challanges are my specialty. (Well, I do just about everything except hard challenges, so that's not exactly accurate.) Give me a few minutes to do some research, and I'll edit the challenge into this post.

EDIT: You get MC Hammer the Shedinja! Even as a Nincada, this little guy has admired MC Hammer, but, unfortunately, he ends up running his life pretty much the way Hammer did. Here's his life story:

Nincada- The Early Days: When you catch Nincada, you must name him Stanley, since that's MC Hammer's real name. You must catch him before you fight Roxanne so he can get experience being out in the world. MC Hammer started off working as a bat boy for the Oakland A's, so Stanley must never use a move in battle while fighting a Pokemon with a name beginning with A. He also did beatboxing at the Oakland Coliseum, and he wants to spread this joy to Muted, so he must always be sent out with Muted in double battles (if you want to use one, you must use both). MC Hammer wanted to be a professional baseball player as a kid, so Stanley must learn and keep Mind Reader, so he can always tell what type of pitch is being thrown. Unfortunately, MC Hammer failed to make it onto the San Francisco Giants, so Stanley must faint immediately after using Mind Reader (Marill used Water Gun, Stanley used Mind Reader; Marill used Water Gun, Stanley fainted) in order to evolve, at which point he must immediately forget Mind Reader. (He must evolve at the next level-up after this occurs, and it must be before Level 25.) Also, once he evolves, he must solo every Pokemon taller than him that he is sent out against, since they are obviously Giants.

Shedinja- Rap Career and Beyond: You must get a Shedinja from evolving Stanley, since that's the only way he can legitimately sing "U Can't Touch This." As soon as you can, rename him MC Hammer. The next restrictions begin to apply at the indicated level and continue to apply forever: Level 25: MC Hammer is very close friends with Vanilla Ice, so he may never use any move while in battle against an Ice-type, even if they are taller than him. Level 28: His third album was Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em, "'em" meaning his fellow rappers, so he may never use any move while in battle against a Pokemon that can learn Wrap. Level 31: His fourth album was Too Legit to Quit, so he may never switch out unless he is facing a Pokemon he can't attack. He has no moveset restrictions other than never learning Mind Reader until he reaches Level 35. At this point, he begins spending so much money on music videos and a touring group that he can't afford any move with over 80 Base Power before STAB. At Level 40, this limit drops to 60. (Hidden Power, Frustration, and Return count as having 0 Base Power.) However, he wants to get his glory back, so he must solo Steven's Aggron and Metagross. Unfortunately, he never reclaims his former glory, so he must faint against one of Steven's other Pokemon (this will be tricky!).

And that is the story of MC Hammer the Shedinja. Good luck!

Piemonade (AKA Daniel) is starting his second Diamond Scramble...Yay!

Let us see here, I will choose a starter, with a random number generator.

1. Okay, so Generation 1, looking good.
3. Starter 3, which is water, which in Generation 1 is Ultra-Turtle himself, Squirtle!

Time for my Ultra Random.

8. Umm...Wartortle...really? I'll try again.
400. 400? Oh no...you have got to be kidding me...Bibarel...Yay...

Game: Diamond
Trading: Only to evolve
Needed Pokemon: Squirt/Ort/Toise and it's line, Bidoof/Bibarel, and...yeah
Excluded Poke's: Sudowoodo, All Sinnoh Starters and Staraptor, Gyarados and Steelix.NO MORE WATERS
Difficulty: Medium-ish-kind-of-sorta-ish

And don't even think about giving me signatures...I wish for them to be NEW and innovative!
Still need 3 moar pokemon for my team.

Currently I have

1. TM13's (IaR's) Cheri Berry Zubat.
2. Simon Says' ZOTS, Tentacool.
3. Vacant, Must have a Squirtle, Which HAS to evolve.
4. Vacant, Must have a Bidoof, which HAS to evolve.
5. ShinySkarmory's, Stupid, Stupid, STUPID, Beldum. (which will have to solo Byron because Take Down vs. Ghost...ffffuuu!
6. Vacant

@Piemonade: You get your Bidoof. Nickname it Tardy. It must be caught upon completing Eterna Forest and it cannot evolve until it learns Hyper Fang. It can never be at the lead position until a gym or Galactic base is reached. It must have the following moveset ASAP:
- Yawn
- Giga Impact or Hyper Beam
- Dig
- Dive (if possible; if not, any other move)
Also, during the Elite Four, it can only be sent out against any given member's last Pokémon.

@Piemonade: Your team has a massive Electric weakness, so you'll get Shame the Onix, who is embarrassed to be a Rock-type. He must be taught the Stealth Rock TM you get from defeating Roark and use Stealth Rock as his first move whenever he enters battle, even if rocks are already up, to try and shake all those disgusting rocks away from him. He may evolve after soloing 3 wild Steelix in Iron Island. After evolution, he may no longer know any Rock-type moves, to signify that he's moved on from his embarrassing past. Rename him whatever you want at that point. In addition, he must lead every Elite Four battle that does not have a solo requirement.

@Cheeselord: You get Contamin8r the Grimer. It must solo all Water-types you encounter who do not interfere with another challange. It can evolve after successfully poisoning 11 Water-types.

I'm starting a mono-poison challenge in sapphire, no trading. Any challange that isn't too ridiculous is fine
Ooh, new member! Welcome to Smogon!
Take a Zubat from Granite Cave. Name it FFUUbat. (Spell it exactly like that). It wants to inflict as much pain and frustration as possible, so you must have the following moveset ASAP:
A guaranteed status effect move: (attract, confuse ray, supersonic)
An attacking move that has a chance of causing a status effect: (ex: poison fang)
A flinchhax move (ex: bite)
A crithax move (ex: air cutter)
A move that limits the opponent's move choice (taunt/torment)
A move that neutralizes the opponents 7 turns of setup (haze)
Yes, I know there are 6 choices here. You will choose 4 of these categories to create your own custom FFUUbat. You may never have more then one of a category, unless the move could belong in two categories. You may replace a move in a category, but only for another move in the same category. After Flannery, you may evolve to Golbat, and after Sidney, you may evolve to Crobat. You may reevaluate (read:change) your choice of categories once and once only when you reach Lilycove, though you may reserve this chance for later.

Have fun.

Still need 3 moar pokemon for my team.

5. ShinySkarmory's, Stupid, Stupid, STUPID, Beldum. (which will have to solo Byron because Take Down vs. Ghost...ffffuuu!
What you do is you go to the nearest route, and use up all your Take Down PP after you've beaten all the trainers but before you fight Fantina. Then, you'll be able to start with Struggle instead of waiting 40 turns to deal damage.

I appreciate your pain though.

I'm starting a mono-poison challenge in sapphire, no trading. Any challange that isn't too ridiculous is fine
You get Quagmire(giggity) the male tentacool. Must keep Poison Sting(only poison move it can know until sludge bomb) and poison every female pokemon it fights with it. Evolve after poisoning 10 trainer owned female pokemon. Get tm for Sludge Bomb as soon as you possibly can, and teach it to Quagmire(don't replace Poison Sting). Then, after you poison a female pokemon with Poison Sting, you must finish it off with Sludge Bomb. Do this to 20 female trainer owned pokemon. Sludge Bomb must be the most powerful move(in base power) that Quagmire may use in battle. You can have Surf, but you cannot use it in battle.
NOTE: Quagmire can fight any pokemon, regardless of gender, so feel free to fight all male pokemon(besides the 10 females) if you wish.

Tell me if this doesn't make sense, I can clarify.

@Cheeselord: You receive Gentleman the Gulpin. Gentleman is so refined that he may never use a Poison-typed move. Ever. He also finds physical attacks to be below him, so he may never use any physical attacks either. (Basically, you have to beat Wattson before he can do anything.) He must always know at least one status move to symbolize his status. As a gentleman, he is competitive in nature, so he must never be more than five levels below the highest-levelled Pokemon in your party. He must also hold the BlackGlasses as soon as you can get them, because they're the closest thing you can get to a monocle.

Shinyskarmory, I'm not exactly new, but I've never really posted before. Thanks for the welcome.

SuperScrafty, it makes enough sense to me, thank you

need two more pokemon

That said, I want to do a Ruby Scramble, this one without trading. I think this is labeled a Variable Challenge, from memory. Each one will be of a different sort. The types to be filled are;

Super-Complex Challange
Payback Challange
Music-Themed Challange (Note: No Whismur or Altaria)
Variable Challange
The Walk in the Park Challange

As normal:
- NN are required
- If it can evolve, it must evolve
- Reserving the right to reject, though I probably won't.
@SimonSays: Super-Complex Challanges are my specialty. (Well, I do just about everything except hard challenges, so that's not exactly accurate.) Give me a few minutes to do some research, and I'll edit the challenge into this post.

EDIT: You get MC Hammer the Shedinja! Even as a Nincada, this little guy has admired MC Hammer, but, unfortunately, he ends up running his life pretty much the way Hammer did. Here's his life story:

Nincada- The Early Days: When you catch Nincada, you must name him Stanley, since that's MC Hammer's real name. You must catch him before you fight Roxanne so he can get experience being out in the world. MC Hammer started off working as a bat boy for the Oakland A's, so Stanley must never use a move in battle while fighting a Pokemon with a name beginning with A. He also did beatboxing at the Oakland Coliseum, and he wants to spread this joy to Muted, so he must always be sent out with Muted in double battles (if you want to use one, you must use both). MC Hammer wanted to be a professional baseball player as a kid, so Stanley must learn and keep Mind Reader, so he can always tell what type of pitch is being thrown. Unfortunately, MC Hammer failed to make it onto the San Francisco Giants, so Stanley must faint immediately after using Mind Reader (Marill used Water Gun, Stanley used Mind Reader; Marill used Water Gun, Stanley fainted) in order to evolve, at which point he must immediately forget Mind Reader. (He must evolve at the next level-up after this occurs, and it must be before Level 25.) Also, once he evolves, he must solo every Pokemon taller than him that he is sent out against, since they are obviously Giants.

Shedinja- Rap Career and Beyond: You must get a Shedinja from evolving Stanley, since that's the only way he can legitimately sing "U Can't Touch This." As soon as you can, rename him MC Hammer. The next restrictions begin to apply at the indicated level and continue to apply forever: Level 25: MC Hammer is very close friends with Vanilla Ice, so he may never use any move while in battle against an Ice-type, even if they are taller than him. Level 28: His third album was Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em, "'em" meaning his fellow rappers, so he may never use any move while in battle against a Pokemon that can learn Wrap. Level 31: His fourth album was Too Legit to Quit, so he may never switch out unless he is facing a Pokemon he can't attack. He has no moveset restrictions other than never learning Mind Reader until he reaches Level 35. At this point, he begins spending so much money on music videos and a touring group that he can't afford any move with over 80 Base Power before STAB. At Level 40, this limit drops to 60. (Hidden Power, Frustration, and Return count as having 0 Base Power.) However, he wants to get his glory back, so he must solo Steven's Aggron and Metagross. Unfortunately, he never reclaims his former glory, so he must faint against one of Steven's other Pokemon (this will be tricky!).

And that is the story of MC Hammer the Shedinja. Good luck!
@SimonSays: For your payback challange, take your Whismur.
This little bunny is sick and tired of everyone treating it like it's a soundbox, and it's sick of it. So, it must not know any Sound-based moves.
NN Muted.
Alright... For your music challange, take a male Torchic. Name it John. John is a rabid fan of the beatles, especially the man who shares his first name. Therefore, his mus--err, sorry, moves, by Winona will consist of:
Come Together (whatever you want, because he's gotta be free)
All You Need is Love (Attract, Captivate, or something along those lines.
Yellow Submarine (Dig-Paul can't go underwater so this'll have to do)
Revolution (A fighting type move, so Paul can start a Revolution)
John may evolve freely, the only restriction being that he may not be a Combusken before you beat the first gym.
Go onto Route 110, and roll a die from 1-6.

1: Plusle/Minun(Plusle is so rare anyway :x)
2: Electrike
3: Zigzagoon
4: Gulpin
5: Oddish
6: Wingull

Now roll another die from 1-4(if you get 5-6, re-roll). This represents the amount of moves you may use.

Now roll another die from 1-5, and subtract 1 from the result. This is the amount of moves that can be taught through a TM. If you get 6, re-roll. If you get a number higher than the number on the 2nd die, lower it until it is equal to the 2nd number.

Finally, roll a die from 1-6. This represents its held item. It must hold it from the moment you get it until the end of the game.
1: Magnet
2: Mystic Water
3: Silk Scarf
4: Sharp Beak
5: Poison Barb
6: Miracle Seed

Finally, generate a random number from 1-100. This represents the minimum level you may evolve at. If the number is lower than the normal level the Pokemon evolves, the Pokemon may evolve at its normal level.
SimonSays's WITP Challenge: Take a Bagon named ROFL. Kill 1 of Drake's pokemon.

Still looking for that last slot. =]

Currently on route 35, just caught my yanma and my nidoran(f)
Team so far:
90's Kid the Tentacool lv 22 @ Shell Bell
Liquid Ooze

Acid, Poison Sting, Bubblebeam, Supersonic

Not A Guy the Nidoran(f) lv 12
Rivalry

Growl, Scratch, Tail whip, Double kick.

Dummy007 the Yanma lv 12
Speed Boost (YAY!)

Tackle, Foresight, Quick Attack, Double Team

I'll begin training tomorrow and than ill challenge Whitney.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
TM13, SimonSays, your doing it wrong. =P

SimonSays, for your hard challange, take a Zubat. Obviously, it has to hold a Cheri Berry to fight, if it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out. That was the easy part.
Now for the Hard Part...When Zubat enters the battle, it may not switch out until it's paralysed, & it can never be the lowest leveled member on your team. It's final moveset must consist of the 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th move it learned in its lifetime (In other words, its final moveset must consist of Bite & 3 other moves of your choice), & it must solo both Flannery & Norman. It cannot evolve until it solos Flannery & it cannot evolve again until it solos Norman.
The hardest part of it all? Name it Giffica, after the infamous Nuzlocke/Scramble troll that once rampaged the aforementioned two threads.

Have fun.

@Piemonade: Your team has a massive Electric weakness, so you'll get Shame the Onix, who is embarrassed to be a Rock-type. He must be taught the Stealth Rock TM you get from defeating Roark and use Stealth Rock as his first move whenever he enters battle, even if rocks are already up, to try and shake all those disgusting rocks away from him. He may evolve after soloing 3 wild Steelix in Iron Island. After evolution, he may no longer know any Rock-type moves, to signify that he's moved on from his embarrassing past. Rename him whatever you want at that point. In addition, he must lead every Elite Four battle that does not have a solo requirement.
Steelix (by which I mean Onix aswell) is in the excluded pokemon section

Also, I need A squirtle, someone off to pick up off of ShinySkarmory's Carnivine, and some other random thingy that isn't Bidoof, Carnivine, Squirtle, Zubat or Tentacool, and isn't a Water, Poison or Grass type.

Steelix (by which I mean Onix aswell) is in the excluded pokemon section

Also, I need A squirtle, someone off to pick up off of ShinySkarmory's Carnivine, and some other random thingy that isn't Bidoof, Carnivine, Squirtle, Zubat or Tentacool, and isn't a Water, Poison or Grass type.
You get Brawl the Squirtle. It believes that it is in Brawl, and can only use moves that it knows in SSBB(Water Gun, Withdraw, Waterfall, and Hydro Pump. Evolve to Wartortle after soloing Maylene's Lucario(a fellow Brawl Character), and evolve to Blastoise after you acquire all of the moves listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)