Cave of Wonders XXIX - Fatwacrashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A stranger is pitching his TV series concept to a roomful of network executives.

"So it's about a group of people who survive a plane crash, and they end up stranded on a mysterious island in the South Pacific. Even worse, as they explore the island, they end up trapped in the bottom of a deep abandoned well."

"Sounds interesting," one of the senior executives speaks up, "I could see this being a primetime hit in a weekday slot."

"Yeah I'd agree," another executive interrupts, "but I definitely wouldn't run this on Thursday."

"Why not on Thursday?" asks the stranger.

"Because on Thursday, it's your turn in...."

If any of you are out there wondering who I am and why I deserve a well; hey, I'm just giving the voters what they want, step the fuck off.

I'm a 20 year old university student who is currently living in Wellington, the capital city of a mysterious island in the South Pacific. It's really nice here, I consider it a haven from the rest of the world. We don't live in fear of any international enemies looking to bomb us at every available opportunity, our economy is not circling the drain, our environment is not on the brink of total collapse, we're just that country that directors and tourists really rave about. Actually come to think of it we'll probably be fucked over by another earthquake any second. Ah well.

Though I've spent the majority of my life thus far in New Zealand, I was born in China and am ethnically Chinese, so I'm fluent in both Mandarin and English, as well as trace amounts of French and Japanese picked up during high school. Growing up as a stranger in a strange land certainly wasn't easy, and I like to think that's toughened up my hide somewhat, so to speak. I used to be quite neurotic about what others thought of me, but as I grew older I became less and less concerwhy am I writing about this like it's some unique experience? Every teenager goes through this shit.

I'm currently studying finance at Victoria University. Though art is an important part of my life, it's still just a hobby. I'm sure that if I started practising it in any sort of professional capacity I would grow to hate it. Being an Asian means you MUST study something 'substantial' so you can have a stable career, be it in the field of business, law, or medicine. Drawings are a fun distraction, but let's be realistic here, it's no way to make a living...

I can't remember the last time I sat down with a good book. My free time is usually spent on drawing, movies, anime, and games. I don't think I would pass for even a casual gamer since all I've played are some popular handheld titles. I know for a fact that my taste in music consists of generic popular trash but I really don't have the time to 'discover' new artists. The same could be said about my tastes in anime, I've got a truckload of stuff saved on my hard drive that I mean to watch but never get around to, since I usually end up streaming some comedy series (at the moment it's 30 Rock) and watching that instead. I'd like to say that my taste in films is a little more refined, but that's probably not true either.

My online personality is pretty true to what I'm like in real life, except it's the internet so a little more acidity is expected. My 'niche' here on Smogon is a pretty accurate analogue to what I was like back in high school. Someone who's good at art and English, a friend to almost everyone, and can be counted on to throw out a 'funny' remark or a pop culture reference here and there.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not sure of my position on anything, as evidenced by my overuse of qualifiers. I can usually be counted on to take the diplomatic position, flip-flopping in the middle ground, since I have neither the time nor patience to argue extensively for a particular viewpoint, this is despite the fact that I was captain of a successful debate team back in high school. I think this is ironic? Oh God I hope I'm using that word correctly, unlike everyone else ever.

I first discovered online Pokemon battling a little while after the release of Diamond and Pearl. I thought the new games kind of looked like ass but really wanted to battle with the new Pokemon, so I searched for an online alternative and got the recently released Shoddy Battle. It was from the Shoddy chat that I found out about Smogon's superior analyses. I registered an account to post a RMT which has since then been sadly lost in the purge, but I do remember it involving Swampert, Floatzel, and Ambipom. I then proceeded to never touch my account again, except for the occasional lurking in Stark Mountain.

Then around mid-late last year I decided to start spending more time here, for whatever reason, most likely boredom, and the imminent release of Black and White made it seem a swell time to hop back in. Stark Mountain and competitive battling was getting tiresome since I was never any good at that anyway, so I ventured out into the social forums. Smeargle's Studio and the IRC community gave me a reason to stick around. I started doing grammar checks for C&C simply because I thought, "Hey, how hard could this be?" And somehow I got drawn into that crowd as well. Around a year later and here we are, a user with a deceptively "old" join date and some kind of rank.

If this turns out poorly enough I might transmogrify this thread into Ask a Simple Question, Draw a Simple Answer Mark II, but don't count on it as I'm lazy.

So yeah, questions? Anyone? Bueller?

(fuck i just looked at the other well threads i think i wrote too much)

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What do you value most at smogon, and why?

Who do you regard, on smogon or otherwise, to have affected you the most in your life? [Note: saying 'everyone' is a cop-out]

There's a degree of overlap here, but hopefully the answers will be as interesting as I predict them to be. Awkward sentence.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
favourite digimon

best looking smogonite

worst post

i love you

favourite fictional mouse

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
What is your name?

What compelled you to draw Paul McCartney as an Octillery?

What are your religious views?

What is your opinion on the death penalty?

When/how did you come across your mass gif collection/resevoir/website that has them all?

How do you always find the most appropriate one for every thread?

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
It would be me, obviously.

How did you go about honing your art skills? I like art but am absolutely no good at it.

As of this post, there are three Fate avatars in this thread.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
E@:(|)
If you were a God and wrote a bible or rulebook for your believers to follow, what religious practices would you force them to do to prevent themselves from suffering eternal damnation?

If you could remove any inconvenient Human necessity we have (such as pooping or constantly having to breathe) what would it be?

If you could combine any two animals what would it be and what would you name it?

If you were forced to swap faces (they would have your face from now on and vice versa) with any of New Zealands politicians, celebrities, or media icon; who would it be? Did I use the semi colon correct?

What is the most or one of the most mischievous or shadiest things you've done in your life?

When will you strike with your army of luvdiscs *-*?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chocolate or vanilla?

Mankind vs Micheals second match. Who wins?

Bolaball?

Best SMod on Smogon? Best alumnus in general?

Why?

Not?

Mars or Snickers?

Favourite food?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Favorite Pokemon?

If you had to make a team consisting of your top 6 Pokemon, what would it be?

How many gifs do you have saved on your hardrive?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
who is your favorite SS artist (active or not)
Either Cartoons! or CyzirVisheen, Cartoons! for his sheer versatility and fun factor, I can literally never predict what he'll come up with for the next issue of The Smog. Cyzir since his anime-inspired style is something that I hope to one day approach.

ps speaking mandarin is really cool
i know right

What do you value most at smogon, and why?
Definitely the people. If I didn't make the friendships that I have on IRC I would not be nearly as active on this website. Getting to know the user behind that 'intimidating' username/badgeset is one of the most interesting things about Smogon.

Who do you regard, on smogon or otherwise, to have affected you the most in your life? [Note: saying 'everyone' is a cop-out]
Probably my English teacher and/or my Economics teacher/debate coach during my last years of high school. They were fun people that ignited my passion for their respective subjects and my carefree outlook on life as well as other issues could probably be directly attributed to them.

Thoughts on the wellywood sign?
I'm gonna have to go with the majority consensus that's it's unoriginal and tacky; but on the other hand, I can't really think of a good alternative.

Also smocon NZ next year/summer break: y/n
Sure. Though my availability during summer is suspect.

Have you actually played Sengoku Rance or no?
It's one of the many games that I've accumulated on my hard drive and keep meaning to play. I finished Tears to Tiara and Chaos Head earlier this year so yay. I started Devil on G-String a while ago but that's turning out kind of meh so I might get started on Saya no Uta or something.

So what exactly IS going on in your avatar?

Yeah so someone probably asked before.
what you see is what you get

favourite digimon
I don't know nearly enough about Digimon to answer that with any degree of accuracy.

best looking smogonite
I wanna say...m0nkfish?

worst post
this one

i love you
oh

favourite fictional mouse
Tough one. Pinky and the Brain are fictional mice so they're disqualified. I'd pick Mighty Mouse if I could remember more about him. So let's go with Jerry from Tom and Jerry.

you are not fucking 20
am so

what threat of mine will actually get you to divulge your feelings about any specific anime series
lolthreats

What is your name?
And what is my quest?

What compelled you to draw Paul McCartney as an Octillery?
Octillery is a fucking badass cos he gets all the bitching moves; plus look at those eyes, how do you not see Paul McCartney?

What are your religious views?
When God does things right, people won't be sure He's done anything at all.

What is your opinion on the death penalty?
I have no moral objections to it, provided that it's reserved for only the most serious of crimes (murder, rape, paedophilia). Keeping people like that in prison for life creates an unnecessary drain on the taxpayer's dollars.

so when you were drawing victini riding on a keldeo did you feel the holy spirit flowing through you and giving you inspiration
As I held the stylus between my trembling fingers, I could feel a surge of mystical energy possess my very hands. My right arm moved in a surreal manner that was not my own, and before I could fully comprehend what had happened, an image of Victini riding Keldeo had appeared, radiating its unadulterated glory on my computer screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)