Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ True. All of this is really just for bragging to the world about your rating. ^^
Except in free mode, only some people see. In ranking mode, anyone with a PGL account can see. So it all depends what you want to get out of this.

Usually never go ranking mode, because there is an extra long waiting time.
Besides, I've noticed that the people who disconnect the most are actually experienced people with 'stars' and a lot of wins.

Every time an opponent DCs on me the image of an ugly kid looking super pissed in my head. He/she would throw his/her DS onto the floor cause I would've won. xD

Ugh... I was about to win a really close match against someone with 250+ wins in free mode when they disconnected. I was honestly surprised at that. I thought someone who played the game that much would have a better attitude.

I think I had that impression at first, but playing against numerous high-win players has changed me. I find it's most the players with wincounts between "pretty low" and "very high" (about 50w - 275w) who D/C the most, percentage wise. I believe this is because one or more is the kind of player who has just made a big bound in his team structure/strategy and got a crapload of wins because of it, landing somewhere in the 50-275 range. Said player got cocky and felt slapped in the face when he had to confront the reality that every team can lose. Beginning players don't tend to have the confidence to be bothered if they lose and don't feel the weight of it especially since they can quit the GBU without losing much. Advanced players have made many teams, and realize that fighting a team they just couldn't beat just means making an adjustment and trying again. That's just an on-the-spot guess, though, and since it's still a very close run between the different levels of wincounts and since the scales are very finely graded anyway (50-275 is mostly a convenient range to use) I wouldn't take what I'm saying as law.

Ash makes a good point. When I test my gimmick teams (or even good teams), I do not disconnect if I get swept by something like Lucario (who is actually very hard for me to beat for some reason), and I theorize a Pokémon I can use to take care of Lucario and put it in my team (although when I have it, I never ever find Lucarios until I take it off of my team..)

As far as I am concerned, that is all part of the fun of the game though. I am currently training a couple of new Pokémon up to level 100 (I know they don't need to be, but it's just nice, haha...) to have a whirl with online. I don't play with the emulators on the computer, so it feels more of an accomplishment to take Pokémon I've trained into the arena.

Pretty much everyone has been disconnecting mid-battle on me while I use my literal weather team (All 5 weather-starters and Ferro). It's kinda sad, really.

Okay, lately playing the random match up... I've come to a great part. :x

Because of my DS wi-fi connection is kind of weird sometimes... I disconnected right before I was winning a match. I wonder if the other guy made a weird face seeing that. :x

And I just have to say this. Today I was battling against a guy with over 400 wins... was kinda nervous, because, you know... the numbers.

The game turned out pretty intense and even, was kind of a mind game but I played somewhat well with using the 'snatch' move. Was actually planning to save the video afterwards, because the battle was going great. But the retard DC'd on me when I killed his pokemon with a crit. (But even without the crit, I would have won anyways). I was kinda pissed then...

A question cause I need some advice...

I noticed now that snatch doesn't work on will-o-wisp and leech seed n such...
Except for taunt and magic coat. Is there any other move that can grab or reflect those kind of moves?

Because in my team I have one with taunt and substitute(but it is a little fragile). One pokemon with Snatch. One pokemon with protect. Any better options for preventing gimmics done on me? (I replaced magic coat with trick room)

I don't use magic bounce pokemons in my team. Because of the typing coverage.

It's supposed to appear on your list of avatars once "the ranking results are announced," according to the GL site. If you are 100% certain you were one of the hundred top OVERALL players, and do not have the trophy available at all, I'd contact them right away.

I couldn't find any results in the FAQs about persons unable to claim a trophy, which may be because with so few recipients the problem isn't considered worth answering or because it's just a mistake and not an actual issue. Are you entirely sure that you were within the top 100 count of all players who played in EVERY battle format? The trophy, according to the site at least, is not for people who just exceled in individual battle styles.
I'm absolutely sure because I got a pop-up telling me to claim the trophy.

Some of this stuff is comedy gold. Anyways, I once battled a girl who used Hippowdon, BEAST, and Swagnemite. I easily got rid of her hippo, then sent in Reuniclus. She D/C after 7 turns.

Yesterday really annoyed me. I think I played about 14 games?
I lost twice, won the rest, 10 of them DC'd... -.-

I'm absolutely sure because I got a pop-up telling me to claim the trophy.
I made it in to the top 100 as well and submitted a ticket to support but all they can come back with is,

"Hello James!

Thank you for contacting Pokemon customer Support!

We see you are experiencing an issue with your Global Battle Union Trophies not updating. We will be forwarding this to the appropriate personnel for review. Thank you for playing Pokemon!

Sincerely,
The Pokemon Support Team! "

Eh, every single Rotation battle I've had today ended in a disconnect from my opponent. Not a surprise as all of them were "noobs" with no items, underleved Pokémon, etc. but one of them had 125 Rotation wins though he had a crappy team.. I saw the disconnect coming from a mile away as soon as I saw his wins + team. Although what surprises me is that I'm using a semi-gimmick team (Eeveelutions except Jolteon, and my greeting was "When it comes to EEVEE, my choice is always MULTITYPE!"), which people usually don't disconnect on.

Game Freak needs to do something to get more people playing rotation. It's such a wasted opportunity right now. I've been meaning to make a better rotation team, but I've only lost once with the not-terribly-good one I have. This Lapras does not deserve to win all the time...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just faced someone in doubles free mode that had 1884 wins to his record, and after his speed boost blaziken missed with stone edge and then got KO'd in return the screen went blue.

I've found that every battle mode not named Singles has way more disconnectors than Singles mode does. I've probably played about 80 Rotations and Triples combined, yet I only have about 30 battles finished (about 5 losses - the people aren't very good, usually in-game teams). Some noob disconnected earlier even though I was sure I lost (He had a Tyranitar in backup; my Scarfmence got Burned by Volca's Flame Body, then his Empoleon KO'ed with Ice Beam since I was locked into Outrage, and I didn't have my Hail Tentacruel), which was strange..

I just faced someone in doubles free mode that had 1884 wins to his record, and after his speed boost blaziken missed with stone edge and then got KO'd in return the screen went blue.
Speed Boost Blaziken seems a strange choice for Doubles, especially from someone with so much experience--I've seen two in all my battles. Hi Jump Kick is so risky in a Protect-heavy environment, and speed is so different in Doubles than Singles, I can't see much purpose to it.

I lost count how many DCs I've received. Worst part is when they have the audacity to switch an item or two, and change there leads to outsmart me? Also, after they lost and DC? Seriously?

Yeah, the person thought T-bolt from a scarf Porygon-Z (it was LO before) would kill of the rest I had. (30% Thundurus and full-HP Politoad)

Quite explains why I have 10W/2L when it should be 20+W/3L. (Lol, the last lost was because my internet went off for a while.)

That's really lame, that people do that stuff. :T

I'm really not that good (I actually came here to hopefully learn how to improve) and have only played on PBR and three BW WiFi Random Matches. I win quite a lot on PBR, but that's mostly because it's got quite a few people without developed teams, so it's not much of an accomplishment (although I have had some interesting matches against some interesting teams and some miracle wins- also, kicking Uber teams' butts is always fun).

But, back to topic, with my three BW matches I lost all three times... and I can accept that. I'm not that good. I just play for fun. :\ I like the strategy and seeing other peoples' strategies.

Although, sometimes some of these disconnections could be because of the sensitive nature of Nintendo WiFi- mine loves to cut out randomly all the time. Although, luckily, it only had me disconnect on a battle once, and it hadn't even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)