Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Togekiss viable at all in OU? I've been thinking about using her for paralysis support/annoyance.
If you're making a HaxKiss with the same purpose as HaxRachi I guess it would depend how bad the Ground/Fire vs. Electric/Ice/Rock weaknesses are for your team.

Jirachi's typing is obviously much better defensively, though Togekiss' 85/95/115 Defenses aren't bad by any means, especially with some investment. 120 base SpA is also pretty solid, even more so when you look at the insanely large offensive as well as support movepool Togekiss has.

Imo, Jirachi and Togekiss are two of the best parahax/support Pokemon in that style, so I guess it would just depend on what you need more for your team and how well you can compensate Togekiss' "lesser" typing.

Hope I could be helpful.

empolean's offensive sets have gotten worse this gen as its main set last gen is illegal (petaya berry) its best set now is probably agility + surf/hydro pump + ice beam + grass knot

gengar use timid nature always

What would be a good Ev spread if I wanted to make my stunfisk into a mixed wall, with more focus being on its special defense??

empolean's offensive sets have gotten worse this gen as its main set last gen is illegal (petaya berry) its best set now is probably agility + surf/hydro pump + ice beam + grass knot

gengar use timid nature always

thank you sir what about EVs and item on Empoleon?

To elaborate, this is the set.

Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Ice Punch / ThunderPunch / Zen Headbutt
nature: Jolly
item: Life Orb / Air Balloon
evs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe

Just switch in, Agility, and sweep.

Is Togekiss viable at all in OU? I've been thinking about using her for paralysis support/annoyance.
Oh, my, god. I think I'm in love. Metagross is my #1 favorite pokemon, and I used to use a four attack tank set, but this... this is just amazing. I just swept an entire team with it and nearly a few other teams. VERY underestimated threat, meta needs to get higher up on the usage again.
I tried life orb for the set, as EQ isn't as common as it used to be and you'll probably be attacked using agility anyway. Thunderpunch is VERY nice, it lets me sweep those rain teams :D. I considered ice punch, but a Meteor Mash hurts landorus and gliscor nicely anyway and the rest of my team has ways of dealing with part ground types. Psychic is only really reccomended for stuff like machamp or conkelderp I think, not much else. Also, do I need to run jolly? Or could I go adamant for the extra power? I don't know what I would lose speed tiers to if I'm not jolly, care to say what pokemon I'd lose out on if I went adamant?
..but.. this is.. just amazing. I love metagross even more now.

What is empoleon's petaya berry set btw?
Personally, I've been using him as a specs wall and utility, and empoleon is a freaking beast. For my set, I can bring him in to suck up draco meteors like it's a light breeze;

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs 96 HP/252 SpDef Empoleon: 40.24% - 47.45%

And Ice Beam or a STAB scald bring the hurt too. He can lay stealth rocks and roar even for great phazing utility. And if you can get him in the range for torrent to activate, scald will hurt like crap.

Oh, my, god. I think I'm in love. Metagross is my #1 favorite pokemon, and I used to use a four attack tank set, but this... this is just amazing. I just swept an entire team with it and nearly a few other teams. VERY underestimated threat, meta needs to get higher up on the usage again.
I tried life orb for the set, as EQ isn't as common as it used to be and you'll probably be attacked using agility anyway. Thunderpunch is VERY nice, it lets me sweep those rain teams :D. I considered ice punch, but a Meteor Mash hurts landorus and gliscor nicely anyway and the rest of my team has ways of dealing with part ground types. Psychic is only really reccomended for stuff like machamp or conkelderp I think, not much else. Also, do I need to run jolly? Or could I go adamant for the extra power? I don't know what I would lose speed tiers to if I'm not jolly, care to say what pokemon I'd lose out on if I went adamant?
..but.. this is.. just amazing. I love metagross even more now.

What is empoleon's petaya berry set btw?
Personally, I've been using him as a specs wall and utility, and empoleon is a freaking beast. For my set, I can bring him in to suck up draco meteors like it's a light breeze;

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs 96 HP/252 SpDef Empoleon: 40.24% - 47.45%

And Ice Beam or a STAB scald bring the hurt too. He can lay stealth rocks and roar even for great phazing utility. And if you can get him in the range for torrent to activate, scald will hurt like crap.
very good sir but i am looking for all-attacking set empoleon as i have a stealth rocker alresy

Here is my list of pokemon which I want to make a wifi team with , Make a team\s with them :

Lucario
Gengar
Latias
Heracross
Ferrothorn
Pinisir
Virizion
Hydreigon
weavile
Excadrill
Slamence
Tyranitar
Jumpluff
Cincinno <3
Milotic
Conkeldurr
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Garchomp
Drapin

I can't find a Black / White dmg calculator to save my life.
Could someone give a quick number crunch of about how much damage a standard Excadrill set would hit a Reuniclus for with X-Scissor? And how much damage would an Excadrill take from a +1 Psychic from a Reuniclus?
EV spreads are copy / pasted below for calculations.

Excadrill:
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Reuniclus:
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

In most simplistic terms, can I reliably come in a predicted Reuniclus's +1 Psychic with Excadrill and KO with a Life Orbed X-Scissor.

Detailed Result:
252 Atk Life Orb Excadrill X-Scissor vs 252 HP/252 Def Reuniclus: 52.36% - 61.79%
2 hits to KO

Detailed Result:
0 SpAtk Reuniclus Psychic vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Excadrill: 23.2% - 27.35%
4-5 hits to KO

No, you can't OHKO, but if you haven't been dented up too much already, your Excadrill can take a few more Psychics for that needed KO.

and here: http://masara.byethost15.com/SilverlightDmgCalcTestPage.html

edit: but then it would probably go for focus miss on you

very good sir but i am looking for all-attacking set empoleon as i have a stealth rocker alresy
I can't recall them off the bat and I'm on my phone atm but if you want to know the evs right now go to the main forum index page, scroll down to fifth generation then ou analyses and shift through the pages until you find empolean. Also useful for other pokemon evs

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For either one you're going to want 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD Bold.
And it depends on your team and the set. If you aren't using an attacking move other than Seismic Toss, then use Chansey. If you're using Ice Beam/Flamethrower or are using it on a Sand/Hail team, then use Blissey.

which is better for setting up hazards Ferro or Forre
In most cases, it is Ferro, since it has access to Leech seed for recovery, and is bulkier than Forry. However, if your team has a need for Rapid Spin, or if you want toxic spikes on it, only Forretress has access to those moves. Also, if your team is fighting-weak, Forretress doesn't add a further Fighting weakness.

Here is my list of pokemon which I want to make a wifi team with , Make a team\s with them :

Lucario
Gengar
Latias
Heracross
Ferrothorn
Pinisir
Virizion
Hydreigon
weavile
Excadrill
Slamence
Tyranitar
Jumpluff
Cincinno <3
Milotic
Conkeldurr
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Garchomp
Drapin
You really should make your own, but this could work in UU:
Drapion, Serperior, Milotic, Emboar, Weavile, Heracross

Mk, I know this is going to be a very stupid question but ... I just bred my Rotom to have Hidden Power [Ice]. It has a base power of 67, and it's been buggin me ALL DAY as to whether this will be good enough to fight in competitive battling. What do you guys think, is a base power of 67 good enough, or should I really try for 70?

Also, when I turn Rotom into Rotom-W, will his IV's change ? and if so, enough to change my Hidden Power ? Should I figure out his Hidden Power after he "Changes form" ?

Mk, I know this is going to be a very stupid question but ... I just bred my Rotom to have Hidden Power [Ice]. It has a base power of 67, and it's been buggin me ALL DAY as to whether this will be good enough to fight in competitive battling. What do you guys think, is a base power of 67 good enough, or should I really try for 70?

Also, when I turn Rotom into Rotom-W, will his IV's change ? and if so, enough to change my Hidden Power ? Should I figure out his Hidden Power after he "Changes form" ?
Since every point of damage counts, you should try your best to get 70 (if not /maybe/ 69). His IVs won't change when he changes form, so it won't matter whether he's Rotom-W or not.

Since every point of damage counts, you should try your best to get 70 (if not /maybe/ 69). His IVs won't change when he changes form, so it won't matter whether he's Rotom-W or not.
Thanks man, and yeah your right, I'll try to get 70 although it's taking forever ... Do you have any suggestions as to faster breeding it? Because Ik you can have this

x/x/x/31/31/31 + x/x/x/31/31/31 for a 1:16 ratio
Blah Blah Blah, I've tried this for like over 20 hours, hasn't been doing me justice since you still need an odd IV in Hp, and even IV's in Attack and Defense to even be a 65 base power in Hidden Power

They never told you how to get the x's, how do you do it ??

Thanks man, and yeah your right, I'll try to get 70 although it's taking forever ... Do you have any suggestions as to faster breeding it? Because Ik you can have this

x/x/x/31/31/31 + x/x/x/31/31/31 for a 1:16 ratio
Blah Blah Blah, I've tried this for like over 20 hours, hasn't been doing me justice since you still need an odd IV in Hp, and even IV's in Attack and Defense to even be a 65 base power in Hidden Power

They never told you how to get the x's, how do you do it ??
An x means it does not matter what Iv that stat has. no matter if it is 0-31
If this is what your asking

An x means it does not matter what Iv that stat has. no matter if it is 0-31
Oh, I should have been more specific, my bad on that one. Considering that I want a base power 70, is there an easy way to get Odd Hp, and even Defense / Attack ? Because you can only pass down 3 Iv's so I don't understand how this works .. :/

Oh, I should have been more specific, my bad on that one. Considering that I want a base power 70, is there an easy way to get Odd Hp, and even Defense / Attack ? Because you can only pass down 3 Iv's so I don't understand how this works .. :/
For 70 BP HP Ice you're looking for one of these three spreads:

HP/Atk/Def/Spd/SAtk/SDef

31/30/30/31/31/31 (This one being ideal, as you have max IV's in everything Rotom wants)
31/31/31/30/31/31 (This is probably the worst of the three. It misses a Speed stat)
30/30/30/31/31/31 (1 HP less than the top one. Solid)

Considering only 3 IV's get passed down though, how would you breed this type of rotom ? Just keep doing it till you get those ?

What specifically does Life Orb do? Boost move power? Boost attacking stats? Boost the minimum and maximum damage by 30%? A lot of the wording in smogon analysis makes it seem like it could be any of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)