5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I use the pokedex iv checker and it gave me perfect ivs(my poke was UT lv 100)
Should I increase the max to creat a range anyway?
Oh you rare candied it to Lv. 100? That wasn't necessary but it's fine. I only suggested you use the pokedex IV checker because some people don't know how to use more complex IV checkers properly. The pokedex IV checker is correct if you entered the right info but you can try widening the max/min IVs if you want.

Make sure you actually have your DS date and time set to the date/time you enter in reporter and make sure you're pressing A at the clock screen at the exact second you enter into RNG reporter.
Make sure you're using a DS lite/original DS and a retail cartridge. Maybe double check the MAC address again.

I always go up to 1000. You should be able to find a seed soon if you're using the 5th Gen. Shiny egg finder. :)

Can someone explain to me how to RNG a shaking spot/fishing spot
I think in a nutshell it's:

Find an IV frame above 1
Find a PID frame above...I dunno, something kinda high?

Hit your seed, walk around (away from grass) in a set path until you hit your IV frame (128 steps * Pokemon in Party) and hope a shaking spot comes up. Enter the shaking spot when you know you hit your IV frame and see what pokemon/nature it is.

From there repeat the process except advance the PID by chatting the difference between the target and actual frames.

Keep in mind I've never done this before so not everything might be accurate. But for sure you need to account for moving NPCs.

I think in a nutshell it's:

Find an IV frame above 1
Find a PID frame above...I dunno, something kinda high?

Hit your seed, walk around (away from grass) in a set path until you hit your IV frame (128 steps * Pokemon in Party) and hope a shaking spot comes up. Enter the shaking spot when you know you hit your IV frame and see what pokemon/nature it is.

From there repeat the process except advance the PID by chatting the difference between the target and actual frames.

Keep in mind I've never done this before so not everything might be accurate. But for sure you need to account for moving NPCs.
Thanks, I'll try this out. I couldn't find any guides on it so I wasn't even sure where to begin, but this helps. Thank you.

I'm going to do a roamer, shiny, and now I'm doing some searching, to get some more info. And I saw some people are talking about the E4, now, my question is, is doing Roamer RNG at E4 easier then doing it at the house, with the rain? (I'm sorry, but I've been away for some time, and missed a lot)

I'm going to do a roamer, shiny, and now I'm doing some searching, to get some more info. And I saw some people are talking about the E4, now, my question is, is doing Roamer RNG at E4 easier then doing it at the house, with the rain? (I'm sorry, but I've been away for some time, and missed a lot)
Shinyness is easier at the E4, but IVs are almost impossible. So go for the method at the house.

Shinyness is easier at the E4, but IVs are almost impossible. So go for the method at the house.
IV's are going crazy because of the battle? Hmm I guess I'll need to figure out my starting frame in the rain then:pirate: Thanks anyway:toast:

EDIT:

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/ubereffective/ RNG REPORTER 9.81
non c gear, ANYONE SEE a problem with this ds paramiters search? Finding paramiters is the first step right?
Are you using a retail/legit game? If not, then I guess that's the problem, as AFAIK flashcards are acting differently...

Are you using a retail/legit game? If not, then I guess that's the problem, as AFAIK flashcards are acting differently...[/QUOTE]

NO I'm using a legit game. When EXACTLY should I press a to start the game? ONce the video with N starts? then do I start as fast as possible (c gear turned off) and sweet scent as fast as possible, After I do that then I level it with rare candies and check it's ivs with the rng tool and input. NO MATCHES?

IV's are going crazy because of the battle? Hmm I guess I'll need to figure out my starting frame in the rain then:pirate: Thanks anyway:toast:

EDIT:

Are you using a retail/legit game? If not, then I guess that's the problem, as AFAIK flashcards are acting differently...
Look through this thread for a post by Madarame, he translated a spanish guide I posted.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
NO I'm using a legit game. When EXACTLY should I press a to start the game? Once the video with N starts? then do I start as fast as possible (c gear turned off) and sweet scent as fast as possible, After I do that then I level it with rare candies and check it's ivs with the rng tool and input. NO MATCHES?
yawn read the guides / watch the videos

@ Uber Effective

When you RNG with Non C-Gear, the only time that it matters that you Press "A" is to actually start the DS GAME (you know, when you turn on the DS, it gives you options to start the DS game, Download Play, play a GBA Game, ect. THAT SCREEN.)

Exactly WHEN you press it is based on your target time. (but it's VERY important to search your Parameters. For example, because of how MY game works, I have to Press "A" 1 Second BEFORE my Quote-"Target Time")

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't understand what you were trying to do x{ lol, sorry.

Congratulations, just out of curiosity. What AR do you? The first one? or ARDSi?
ARDS. not sure what version as i haven't used it in a while. datel won't let me update the firmware though.

i want all my legends in masterballs, so have to trade another 47 pokemon to get the gift masterball, or stop spending all my money on crack and buy an ARDSi.

about to go for a modest chandelure as soon as i find a hp fighting frame.

just a quickie:

will advancing the PIDRNG frame in an area (ie. grass), where there is multiple pokemon species, also alter the species that i battle?

Would someone be able to check what parameters I got with this information? I'm on vacation and don't have access to RNG Reporter on my SGSII (Phone).

Woobat - lv.10 - male - Calm nature
IVs:

HP: 10 - 11
Att: 17
Def: 18
SpA: 17
SpD: 8 - 13
Speed: 16 - 17

Date: (Month) 3, (Day) 10, 2011
8:26:12 (please search between 6-16)
Keypress: Right

Pokemon White (English, European, Retail)
MAC Address: 00165669F112

I hope this is all you need to get my parameters.

Thanks in advance!!

How do you find your starting PID frame? I have my ID and SID along with everything else but my starting PID frame. I understand how to to standard seed RNG on Black and White.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How do you find your starting PID frame? I have my ID and SID along with everything else but my starting PID frame. I understand how to to standard seed RNG on Black and White.
Put the seed in the main window under Method 5 PIDRNG and click calculate starting frame on the right side. The starting frame will be put into the starting frame box above your seed.

Using 9.81 BETA.

I'm preparing to RNG a Shiny Jolly Landorus with the spread 31/31/31/x/31/31. Just a few questions to ask.

1. Walking in the grass and turning in the grass (saying grass because IIRC, that's the closest thing with wild pokemon near Landorus) each advance the PID frame by 2. So if were to walk back and forth in grass, it'd advance the frame by 8 per "cycle of walking" right? (4 per step?)

2. What if I'm walking OUT of the grass while in the grass? Just 2 for turning, 4 for both, or none because I'm walking onto an area with no wild pokemon?

3. Just need some clarification on wandering NPC trainers. Do they act the same as in DPPt where if I defeat them, they will stop wandering, and remain so so long as I remain in the area, even if I save, turn off the game and start it up again? I'm hoping all the wandering NPCs will be trainers there so I hit my frames... (106 for IVs, 230 for PID)

Thanks for any help. :)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Using 9.81 BETA.

I'm preparing to RNG a Shiny Jolly Landorus with the spread 31/31/31/x/31/31. Just a few questions to ask.

1. Walking in the grass and turning in the grass (saying grass because IIRC, that's the closest thing with wild pokemon near Landorus) each advance the PID frame by 2. So if were to walk back and forth in grass, it'd advance the frame by 8 per "cycle of walking" right? (4 per step?)

It is +2 for most cases. It also advances by 1 per 20 steps and another 1 if a shaking patch appears. There is possibly more, but it's inconclusive at this point.

2. What if I'm walking OUT of the grass while in the grass? Just 2 for turning, 4 for both, or none because I'm walking onto an area with no wild pokemon?

It advances by 2 for every step into grass. If you're leaving, it stays the same. Turning also doesn't count outside of grass.

3. Just need some clarification on wandering NPC trainers. Do they act the same as in DPPt where if I defeat them, they will stop wandering, and remain so so long as I remain in the area, even if I save, turn off the game and start it up again? I'm hoping all the wandering NPCs will be trainers there so I hit my frames... (106 for IVs, 230 for PID)

Not sure here.. someone else will have to jump in.

Thanks for any help. :)

It is +2 for most cases. It also advances by 1 per 20 steps and another 1 if a shaking patch appears. There is possibly more, but it's inconclusive at this point.

So turning and walking into another patch at once don't stack? Good to know about the 20 steps and shaking patches though.

It advances by 2 for every step into grass. If you're leaving, it stays the same. Turning also doesn't count outside of grass.

Alright, got it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)