The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie Bush to the Dolphins?!?!?!

Also, redskins only getting a 6th round pick for mcnabb.

Also, i'm pretty happy about the signings for the chargers.

Takeo Spikes, Bob Sanders, DO WANT. Hopefully Sanders can stay healthy.

Well, at least they're getting something instead of just outright cutting him (look at Palmer situation for example, they're gonna force him to retire with no benefit to either side)...besides, that's potentially TWO 6th round picks total in 2012 and 2013 :P

Sure it might not compensate for the 2nd rounders they gave up to get him in the first place, but it's not as if Shanahan and McNabb got along super well, elder one is obviously too enamored with his son to see reason or his failings as OC so far, and it's not completely McNabb's fault for bad performance considering the shitty team he's with; a defense ranked last overall doesn't help at all, nor the poor options on offense. So really, it's a win-win in this case that McNabb gets out and Shanahan saves a bit of face instead of just cutting.

Yep, it's official, Reggie bush is officially a Miami Dolphin. I was expecting the Saints to do something like this, considering they have Mark Ingram now.

Only a 5th rounder for Haynesworth...doesnt seem like quite enough for an former pro bowl player regardless of character issues

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sure it does, considering what his character issues actually are. Some character issues can be dealt with more easily than others. Haynesworth has displayed a deeper level of immaturity than other prior "character issue" players, and was treated accordingly with his trade value. Nobody is questioning his talent, but when you have a guy with that kind of attitude, it's a huge risk to spend alot on him.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Haynesworth will not be happy. He is moving from a 3-4 Defense to a...3-4 Defense. He hates those. Secondly, I don't expect that NE wants to play Fat Albert as NG, since Wilfork pretty much clogs that up enough. What is he going to do, play End for a 3-4 Defense? Thirdly, that NE "strictness" probably made Fat Albert groan the second he was told of the trade. He's not going to be a happy camper in New England, and I kind of expect him to get cut (not even counting the fact that he may be out of shape again). The fact that the Skins got a pick for him in this trade is a benefit.

Anyways, some news to report: Kolb's agent is negotiating and finalizing a contract agreement with the Arizona Cardinals currently, so expect the trade to happen some time today. While nothing is official, the deal is reported to have DRC plus an unknown pick (most peg it as a 2nd Rounder, but some sources are saying 1st) for Kolb.

R-C for Kolb was somewhat ridiculous, but Kolb for R-C AND a first/second rounder is insane, especially considering it has a chance to be a top 15 pick.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol if anything the CARDS should be asking for a pick with Kolb, not the other way around. Their front office must be bonkers, and Whisenhunt is probably ripping out what little hair he has left.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's official. Kevin Kolb to Arizona for DRC and a 2nd Round pick. Fun fact: Kevin Kolb signs a contract worth up to $63.5 million, with 21 million guaranteed.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Holy balls, I sure hope the Cards know something I don't. I have a nasty feeling Kolb is gonna be just another mediocre Matt Cassel/Jason Campbell type. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong lol. We'll see!

It's worth it. It's definitely worth it. If it ends up decent, Fitzgerald will more likely stick around. You put him through the same bullshit as last year and it's a 100% chance he leaves as a free agent next year. So by giving up that pick, you gain Kolb, and you now have a chance of playoffs (even if it is a first round exit) and you have a chance of keeping Fitzgerald beyond this season.

Play hard ball and you end up with the pupu platter of Anderson/Skelton/Hall all because of a 2nd round pick? Yeah right, smart trade for both sides.

Also if Matt Cassell can look good with Dwayne Bowe as his receiver, Kolb will look spectacular with Fitzgerald. Plus, they still play in a completely shitty division.

Erm yeah, can't help but feel that the Cards got reamed raw in that trade. I'm glad the Vikings got McNabb, especially considering how little they gave up to get him. As for the Haynesworth pick up, I feel like if there is any place that he can succeed it is New England, and they got great value out of the trade regardless (as usual).

Well, the pressure is all on Kolb now; succeed and not only does he make the Cardinals brass look smart, but they probably have enough to compete in an NFC West that is definitely getting reloaded. Fail, and not only does he live with being stigmatized as a waste, but likely gonna get all the coaches fired as well.

My Niners scare me, lost Spikes and the only thing we've signed is Smith...fucking loser that he is. These are going to be a rough several years I think...

Also, did anyone else catch Ochocinco to the Patriots before that article was taken off nfl.com? Or did they jump the gun on a false report?

Also, did anyone else catch Ochocinco to the Patriots before that article was taken off nfl.com? Or did they jump the gun on a false report?
It's still on ESPN.com, so I think it's legitimate. The Pats get Ochocinco with a restructured three-year contract. Bengals get two draft picks, one this year and one next season.

Well back on nfl.com, so guess it's for sure now.

Boy, both Haynesworth and Ochocinco...now I know better than to question Bellichick's moves, but I do hope these backfire somehow on the Patriots, as I hate them so dearly...on the other hand, football gods forbid the devastation the Patriots could unleash otherwise...

Damn Falcons. Do something >_<. Oh wait you can't because you wasted so much on Julio fucking Jones.

What? With the rookie wage scale in place, JJ's contract will not hurt the Falcons much in terms of cap room. The reason they haven't done anything is that they were too busy signing Tyson Clabo to a big deal.

But, of course, no one cares about OTs!

They still have the cap room to deal for a big free agent, and Ray Edwards is still on the market and is the "popular" choice for them to sign. Aside from that, they have no real position of need and thus no reason to pursue a big name free agent. The trouble with Edwards is that he's probably expecting almost as much money as Johnson got from Carolina, which is a little steep for someone with only 8.5 sacks last season.

I'm really liking the Greg Olsen move to Carolina. He didn't really fit in with Chicago's offensive scheme, but in Carolina with a rookie QB he'll have a chance to be Newton's go-to receiver. He's not going to be an all-star, but I'm confident that he has a chance to be rather productive with the Panthers. They might have other more pressing needs, but an undisclosed (usually means 4th+ round) draft pick for Olsen is well worth the price.

Guess they see Young as a good developmental player behind Vick now that Kolb is gone...boy their game is gonna change though depending on who's out at QB, Vick is both mobile and can throw, but Young just kinda stands and throws doesn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)