Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staraptor, Honchkrow, and Ambipom might be useful. Staraptor has good coverage, Honchkrow gets STAB off of 394 max Attack, and Ambipom is a decent scout and has Technician-boosted Pursuit if they stay in (I believe Pursuit's damage-doubling effect occurs before Technician does).
That is correct. For moves with variable power, Technician gives a boost if the move currently has 60 or less power but does not give a boost if it currently has more than 60 power.

Staraptor, Honchkrow, and Ambipom might be useful. Staraptor has good coverage, Honchkrow gets STAB off of 394 max Attack, and Ambipom is a decent scout and has Technician-boosted Pursuit if they stay in (I believe Pursuit's damage-doubling effect occurs before Technician does).
Hmm, Honchkrow looks like a cool one to try out for my RU team when I get around to it. Ambipom is a bit weak for OU though isnt he?

Also, I'm trying out pursuit metagross, and he's been pretty fun. I went with max attack and max SPDef so he gets around 290 for both defenses, and lefties for reccovery. 405 attack is very very nice. Also, I tried out bullet punch instead of meteor mash, and boy does it hit hard, scizor isnt the only good user of it.

I've been out of the OU metagame for a little while and I'm curious, what happened to Salamence? Why's its usage so low at this point? I suppose it gets some competition from Haxorus but it has better speed and way better abilities. I guess SR weakness hurts it somewhat but it can be gotten around. Doesn't it deal with Ferrothorn better too?

So my Hail team absolutely gets raped by Thundurus. What's a good counter for him, preferably someone who fits well on a Hail team? Post 2 above me reminds me as well, Haxorus plows through everything with Outrage. Help?

I wounder what would happen if you leveled up chansey at night
You would have a higher-leveled chansey, unless it had 200+ happiness, in which case you would have a higher-leveled blissey. If you were talking about happiny, which evolves while holding an oval stone during the day, then you would have a higher-leveled happiny.

So my Hail team absolutely gets raped by Thundurus. What's a good counter for him, preferably someone who fits well on a Hail team? Post 2 above me reminds me as well, Haxorus plows through everything with Outrage. Help?
1. There's a reason that Hail is used as much as the other weathers, Ice is a horrible defensive typing.
2. For Thundurus, it really lacks true counters, but if it lack Grass Knot, Unaware Quagsire can take it, if it lacks Nasty Plot+Focus Blast or Hammer Arm, Blissey/Chansey can take it, and if you can bring it in on a revenge kill or a Thunderbolt, Banded Mamoswine's Ice Shard could probably KO (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't feel like calculating it). Also, Froslass outspeeds, and can KO with Ice Beam/Blizzard, or paralyze with T-wave
3. For Haxorus, not much can take hits from it, but it only has 98 base speed, so you can try and find something to outspeed and KO on the revenge, or use Wobbuffet and just Counter it.

So, I understand that the nature/IVs for Thundrus/Tornadus are set once you talk to the old lady on Route 7, and that if you kill either Pokemon then you can fight the Elite Four to revive them with new IVs and a new nature.

With that said, say the Thundrus/Tornadus doesn't have a good nature or good IVs after it is revived. Is it possible to continuously spawn new versions of Thundrus/Tornadus by killing them and beating the Elite Four?

So, I understand that the nature/IVs for Thundrus/Tornadus are set once you talk to the old lady on Route 7, and that if you kill either Pokemon then you can fight the Elite Four to revive them with new IVs and a new nature.

With that said, say the Thundrus/Tornadus doesn't have a good nature or good IVs after it is revived. Is it possible to continuously spawn new versions of Thundrus/Tornadus by killing them and beating the Elite Four?
Yes. The RNG spawns new stats for a thundurus and its nature

You would have a higher-leveled chansey, unless it had 200+ happiness, in which case you would have a higher-leveled blissey. If you were talking about happiny, which evolves while holding an oval stone during the day, then you would have a higher-leveled happiny.

1. There's a reason that Hail is used as much as the other weathers, Ice is a horrible defensive typing.
2. For Thundurus, it really lacks true counters, but if it lack Grass Knot, Unaware Quagsire can take it, if it lacks Nasty Plot+Focus Blast or Hammer Arm, Blissey/Chansey can take it, and if you can bring it in on a revenge kill or a Thunderbolt, Banded Mamoswine's Ice Shard could probably KO (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't feel like calculating it). Also, Froslass outspeeds, and can KO with Ice Beam/Blizzard, or paralyze with T-wave
3. For Haxorus, not much can take hits from it, but it only has 97 base speed, so you can try and find something to outspeed and KO on the revenge, or use Wobbuffet and just Counter it.
Dont get any wrong ideas. Frosslass does not outspeed. Thundurus has a trolly 111 base speed. And frosslass is base 110. Just so the guy knows NOT to revenge with frosslass(unless it has a sash or scarf.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Starmie is probably the best revenger for Thundurus in the meta and can spam Blizzard in Hail, so that's probably your best bet with a set like Hydro Pump / Rapid Spin / Blizzard / Recover or something like that with Lefties to counteract Hail.

Blissey/Chansey are actually 2hkoed by +2 Focus Blast and don't really have anything to stop Thundurus from getting to +4, so I wouldn't rely on those.

As for Mamoswine:
252 Atk Choice Band Mamoswine Ice Shard vs 4 HP/0 Def Thundurus: 96% - 114%
79.48% chance to OHKO

Froslass doesn't outspeed and therefore needs a scarf, but Scarflass hits... depressingly weakly and isn't very good in general.

Regice is actually a neat option as its only 2HKOed by +2 Focus Blast and can beat it with Blizzard/Ice Beam in return. Even switching in on Focus Blast, Thundurus has only slightly better than a 50% chance of actually beating Regice thanks to Focus Blast's bad accuracy.

3. For Haxorus, not much can take hits from it, but it only has 98 base speed, so you can try and find something to outspeed and KO on the revenge, or use Wobbuffet and just Counter it.
Raikou can OHKO after rocks with Specs Thunderbolt. Or Scarf'd Weather Ball in Hail/Sand. And Thunderus fails to OHKO back, even at +2 (Focus Blast is its best bet, dealing 79.2% - 93.2% to 4/0 nuetral nature after a nasty plot).

You need a physically defensive steel type to take Haxorus's Outrage. I mean like a 252/252 Impish Forretress, which won't be doing much back. Or a 252 HP Metagross (29.7% - 34.9% from a Choice Band Jolly Haxorus), who 2HKO's with Meteor Mash or Ice Punch.

Hi All ,
I have asked this before, but being a little OCD / Perfectionist about it, I really need an opinion. After countless hours of breeding, I finally have a Timid Natured rotom with HP Ice, the only problem is that ... it's base power is 69. Is this good enough to pass in Wi Fi ? Because it's been quite a pain trying to get base power 70, if that 1 point really does count, I'll keep on breeding, but if not I just want to get to battling already ..

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the damage difference between 70 bp and 69 power is completely neligible. just start battling xD

the damage difference between 70 bp and 69 power is completely neligible. just start battling xD
Thanks dude, I needed that :) And I will, just gotta get my gliscor up and running, wanna battle me sometime ? I do OU / UU battles if your interested, send me a message sometime man

Actually, I have yet another question (To be honest, I'm quite new to Pokemon Wi-Fi Battling). So, the other day, I tucked away my Gligar in Pokemon Black to get his dream world ability. I went onto the website, and went around exploring, finding a couple pokemon here and there to get dream world abilities in the Entra-Link. The thing is, after I was done, I went to untuck my Gligar and all, but it wasn't in the Entra-Link. I read up on it, I can't really figure out what to do. What do I do here ?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Your Pokémon does not gain a DW ability by being uploaded to Global Link. You must befriend a Pokémon in the Dream World (Isle of Dreams) and transfer it to your DS game.

The DW ability are on the mons you see in the DW.

Suppose you upload your Zubat to the DW. You befriend a Zubat there. The Zubat you befriended will have Infiltrator(DW ability), while the one you originally sent will still keep Inner Focus.

Hi guys :)

I recently bred a pretty good Naive Tangela in hopes of turning it into a Chlorophyll-Growth Tangrowth.
-I am adamant about keeping Giga Drain on it >_>
-Growth is necessary
-Clear Skies provided by Nintales
-HP Fire is sadly out of the question :(

Ok now that that's out of the way, I was thinking of running Quake/Slide for coverage. But seeing that Giga Drain is my main method of attack, my leftover EVs should go into special attack right? But then Quake/Slide becomes pointless if it doesn't damage some grass-resistors.
So my question is: Does anybody know how to allocate my EVs? I know that at least 240 go into speed : |

(also, is Power Whip really _THAT_ necessary?)

-----

This also go me thinking, will Tangela + Eviolite + Chlorophyll + Growth make a good sweeper? It has great Sp.A and meh HP which will get Drain'd back to life like never better.
Considering it loses out on Quake/Slide the rest of my moveset will probably be Sleep Powder and Wring out >_<

Yeah any help/experience is welcome :s
Thanks in advance.. (and I hope I'm posting in the right place..!)

Hi guys :)

I recently bred a pretty good Naive Tangela in hopes of turning it into a Chlorophyll-Growth Tangrowth.
-I am adamant about keeping Giga Drain on it >_>
-Growth is necessary
-Clear Skies provided by Nintales
-HP Fire is sadly out of the question :(

Ok now that that's out of the way, I was thinking of running Quake/Slide for coverage. But seeing that Giga Drain is my main method of attack, my leftover EVs should go into special attack right? But then Quake/Slide becomes pointless if it doesn't damage some grass-resistors.
So my question is: Does anybody know how to allocate my EVs? I know that at least 240 go into speed : |

(also, is Power Whip really _THAT_ necessary?)

-----

This also go me thinking, will Tangela + Eviolite + Chlorophyll + Growth make a good sweeper? It has great Sp.A and meh HP which will get Drain'd back to life like never better.
Considering it loses out on Quake/Slide the rest of my moveset will probably be Sleep Powder and Wring out >_<

Yeah any help/experience is welcome :s
Thanks in advance.. (and I hope I'm posting in the right place..!)
So you bred a Naive Tangela intending to use Giga Drain? Honestly I'd evolve it since it only gets about 4 or 5 useful special moves. And not being able to use HP Fire kind of hurts. Tangela has good Special Attack and Defense, but due to it's bad movepool, you'd be better off trying for a Tangela with the right IV's for the HP you want, or simply using Tangrowth.

That said, if you're wanting to use Tangrowth use Growth/Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb, and for the last slot something like Tickle to possibly set up something on your team or Bind to run away from Steel types which wall you.

Thanks for the input Benny, but Naive is not counter productive, it helps Tangrowth outspeed certain threats. And yes I know the lack of HP Fire hurts >__<

Naive also lets me use Tangrowth's 100 base attack stat which is the primary reason I'm not running Timid so yeah evolving it and using Quake/Slide is best I guess.

But does anyone know if there's a specific amount of Attack EVs I should run before dumping it all in Sp.A? I kinda don't know how to figure that stuff out..

Forgive me I thought for some reason Naive lowers SpA. >_<

You should invest more in Attack, so perhaps a spread like 172/80/252 would work. Not sure what threats you outrun with max Speed, so you could run a little less in exchange for more bulk or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)