Smogon Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament Summer Edition II: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

hey guys, great turnout this year, let's see if the activity can match it though. a few things to note, as edited recently in the signup topic, i've decided that i'm going to give out 16 BYES to the players whom i feel are familiar with the current format. originally it was just meant to avoid the awful, AWFUL, round robin finals, but it also allows newer players to play against each other in round 1 on a more level playing field. anyway the 16 players with byes are the following:

reno
shrap
floppy
nexus
ice-eyes
lizardman
hobo-joe
sapphire birch
asim
pidge
the pugilist
shinkou
bluecaptain
nesp
kd24
nilf

again, sorry if you're actually good but i was basing this on my personal knowledge and your OP. it shouldn't be too bad though as round 1 is just a bunch of newbies anyway!

next thing is i subbed out some of the people who said they might have activity problems. sorry about this but activity has been a HUGE issue in previous tournaments so i'd like to have as little difficulty with it as possible.

FINALLY, i decided to to sub in kd24 directly into the tournament as he has been an active member of the past 2 tournaments and has had some personal issues recently which prevented him from signing up earlier. ANYWAY.... the pairings.

ROUND 1:

Crafty Scrafty vs makiri
LoveDestiny vs Atticus
von fielder vs Quagsires
The Chaser vs Terrador
Fabbles vs drcossack
reyscarface vs Lord_Liam
smashlloyd20 vs sheep
Arch vs the interwebs
LightWolf vs temperantia
flamestrike vs WrekK
royal flush vs camelman00
JabbaTheGriffin vs Walrein
rudy vs AlphaSpade
Heist vs StevenSnype
icsy vs Darthenos
ENZ0 vs X-Sandstreamer-X

SUBS:
1. zystral
2. kurashidragon
3. undisput3d

since this is round 1 i really don't care if you decide to have it a best of 1 with no side decks. just get em done!

The deadline for this round is AUGUST 9th but please try to get it done ASAP.

If you can Temperantia, you should get on IRC and join #yugioh, there are plenty of people there you can practice with that aren't semi-retarded :P (You could also join #capasb while you're at it!)

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
loss winn winn

Had some extremly fun matches with Temperantia. That strategy was something I sure didn't except, and bar for being prone for bad draws, it is p potent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)