OU Favorites team

This is a team built from my list of favorites while still trying to be competitive. Each member of the team contributes with their different attack types as well as some having good defensive types. I tried to minimize a team having a shared weakness to a single type, and made sure not a single mon on the team shared the same type.

So, I have come up with 2 different teams, I'll be posting the team I use the most:

Agirudaa (Accelgor) (M) @ Focus Sash Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Spikes
- Yawn

Bug Ninja Knight! This is my overall favorite pokemon. It's design is perfect, just perfect. This guy is the team's lead, setting spikes up{I was originally against using "hazards", but I got the idea to do so when I found people just keep switching a lot due to Yawn.} and dishing out super effective damage against such leads as mew's cousins {Uxie, Mesprit}, Deoxys, and Tyranitar{either yawning it, x4 SE damage from Focus Blast, or x2 Bug Buzz}. An interesting strategy to use is to yawn, forcing a switch. While they do so, throw out spikes, then yawn again next turn, forcing them to switch again and giving a free turn for another set of spikes, or forcing them to stay in and falling asleep upon KO'ing Accelgor or attempting to anyways{thanks to sash, it takes 2 hits to KO Accelgor, unless you have harmful weather.} If they switch a priority user in, Jellicent blocks all priority attacks for no damage or not-very effective damage{bullet punch}, shadow sneak would pose a threat if it wasn't such a rare sight in OU. Jellicent also helps in spin blocking. Both Jellicent, Regirock, and Emboar cover Accelgor's weaknesses and are also appropiate counters to its threats. {Things like Heatran get unsuspectingly KO'd by it.}

Bellossom (F) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 255 HP / 144 Def / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- SolarBeam
- Moonlight
- Sunny Day
- Stun Spore

The much underestimated Bellossom. This pokemon is tied for favorite female mon{tied with Gotharita/Gothitelle.} Princess of the Flowers, she resists various common attacks like Earthquake, Rock slide, Stone Edge, as well as blocking Leech Seed and resisted Jellicent and Regirock's weaknesses. She switch in on Tyranitar's minions in sandstorm team's {Like Excadrill or Gliscor} change the weather on them or stun spore on the switch{hitting anything that may come in on Bellossom due to ground types not being immune to it.} Moonlight in Sunny Day gives her pseudo tanking abilities thanks to 3/4 HP regeneration and her speed being above average under sunlight{allowing her to outspeed the majority of bulky pokemon who usually have a type weak to her such as ground or water.} Even if a Tyranitar tries to switch in using tricks in order to keep sandstorm in, thanks to stun spore and moonlight, she can use the free turns from the switches to regain HP, stun spore, or change the weather on a predicted turn that Tyranitar or Politoed might come in on. Her Solar Beam can be spammed once the auto-weather mon is out, hitting the minions of both Tyranitar or Politoed for super effective or neutral damage. A 180 bp after STAB grass type attack hurts many things even on neutral. She is able to surprisingly 2-3ko many mons, including Gliscor{who receives anywhere from less than half to 60% from Solarbeam, while failing to 3ko Bellossom. Her fears are fire types and steel types. {Or combining them both, Heatran, her ultimate fear.} The only thing she can do is stun spore them if they are switching in. Otherwise, she runs if she isn't outspeeding them that turn from sunlight. Despite her weaknesses, her apparent unfamiliarity with most users gives her a surprise factor due to their being no concrete move set for her, many play against her expecting Hidden Power or something "expected" from her. Thanks to her bold nature and EVs, she is able to survive many physical attacks, even unboosted Outrages. I can't remember the bold version ever getting KO'ed save for super effective attacks.

Jellicent (F) @ Zoom Lens
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 255 HP / 100 Def / 155 SpDef
Calm Nature (+Sp Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Substitute

When I saw female Jellicent, I really liked her design, but didn't think there would be room on my original team. When my original team showed that some members filled the same niche despite different typings, I split them off into three teams which I haven't finished building yet. There was finally an opening on this team and Jellicent seemed to do better on this team than on the other team{She shared the same weakness to dark type attacks as Eviolite Gotharita on the other team, thus making them food for the all too common, all too mighty Tyranitar.} Jellicent covers the weaknesses of many of the pokemons on this team, and also happens to be the teams rapid spin blocker. Hydro Pump allows her to do maximum damage and will even let her 2 to 3 HKO some pokes under the right conditions. Will-O-Wisp boosted by Zoom lens gives her a 95% accurate move to give burn status to anything that switches in. Substitute blocks status or a move that might have KO'd her while allowing her to hit back the same turn with either Hydro Pump or Will-o-Wisp before switching out. Originally, I thought a bold version would work better, but having boosted spdef allows her to take even minimal damage from non stab super effective special attacks. She originally had Blizzard to hit Dragons hard, but eventually, this build just seems to do better all around. It's even defeated some mons by just staying in and recovering while they slowly lost HP from burn. Will-O-Wisp really works wonders on offensive mons that lack recovery moves and makes their attack feeble, allowing her to survive with her lesser defensive stats. Probably the only poke on the team with the highest survivability.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 255 HP / 255 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Curse
- Drain Punch
Rock Guardian. It's design is incredible. The team's stealth rock user, Stealth Rock+Spikes has worked wonders for this team, and when done right, made every strategic switch the opponent made a free attack for the team. Originally, it had thunder wave, rock slide, and swagger, for pseudo flinching effect, but this made it weak to Excadrill and other ground mons. This moveset works surprisingly well and allows it to survive against sand stormers, while letting it hit steel types back hard with drain punch when it previously had to run from them. Ice Punch is for the dragons, although, I've been thinking of giving it thunder wave again{swagger would backfire and make the enemy more powerful sometimes, even if they were paralyzed, in fact, thunder waving/swaggering something like Ferrothorn only made it so that it would sweep the entire team with a maxed out Gyroball, especially if the "hax" didn't work for 10 turns{sometimes happened, even if both statuses were active.} Curse allows it to survive even super effective STAB attacks like close combat{taking only 30%-40% after a curse, and allowing it to hit back hard due to the stat downs the opponent would get.} Regirock has been a staple on various teams, and proves to still be. It's careful nature prevents it from being OHKO'd by even strong special attackers, allowing it to at least set up. I don't know why more people don't use Regi, it's stats are insane.

Lickilicky (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 255 HP / 255 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Dragon Tail
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
It looks like a fat, normal/dragon type to be honest. I really like the design and have been thinking about putting it on my team since its debut. After finding out about this moveset, he was suddenly viable, gaining extraordinary bulk after a curse, and being able to effectively phase anything without taunt stopping it. Annoying sub users pose some threat if it doesn't attack the same turn they set up a sub. Rest allows it to survive statuses and sleep talk lets it keep increasing its stats/phasing. At first, this mon was amazing,{especially in UU}, but in OU, sometimes it finds itself KO'd in no time against a good player. This is the team's only phaser and way to stop baton pass users and magic guard users. It's lack of weaknesses is refreshing but if a strong fighting type comes in, theres almost nobody to switch to that won't be hit hard by a fighting attack of any kind. If Jellicent switches in, even if the attack had no effect, the next attack is usually payback, and off their strong attack, usually KO's the Jellicent who won't be able to sub in time and doesn't have a defense boosting nature.

LickyLicky was awesome, but is being considered for replacement and moved to another team. Candidates for its spot so far have been Mew, Gotharita, and Steelix. Mew because it can do its job of phasing too, while bulking up and also posing similar if not greater bulk than the Lickster. Mew suffers from being KO'd easily by a super effective, stab Tyranitar who fears nothing from it. Gotharita brings reflect to the team as well as being able to out last the team's ultimate threat, Sigilyph, who walls everybody if the phaser has been KO'd or the poke facing Sigilyph isn't resistant to its store power attack or status move. Gotharita, having eviolite boosted defenses, can rest off anything Sigilyph throws while surviving a maxed out store power. Then after a few calm minds, it can keep hitting Sigilyph until it gets a critical hit. Steelix is another consideration, bringing a steel type to the team as well as possessing the phasing move Dragon tail. Some testing is needed on Steelix before it's flaw can be fully determined.

Emboar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break
- Wild Charge
- Flame Charge

An awesome design, a bipedal boar is neat. It brings the much needed fighting/fire type attacks to the team. Allowing it to hit Tyranitar, Ferroseed, and Scizor hard, and when having less than 30% hp, allowing it to take out bulky mons such as Gliscor{although Emboar is usually taken out by its own recoil afterwards. This monster switches in on something that fears it, flame charges on the switch out{unless the other team has heatran, then brick beak on prediction.} If it flame charges, it reaches 350 speed, allowing it to out speed the majority of the metagame. Wild charge is there for coverage, however, unless the water type mon has already taken some damage, it always fails to KO it, and ends up getting KO'd back in the proccess by a super effective attack. Leftovers helps it recover recoil damage, but it might do good using life orb{although it would quicken its own self-KO's}.

This mon is also with Licky on the replacement list, being moved to a team where it might do better. It's replacements being either a fighting mon that doesn't share a major weakness with other team mates, Bisharp, a set up sweeper, or something bulky. Bisharp would bring some pseudo-sweeping abilities as well as resisting some of the weaknesses on the team, although it would also bring another mon with a fire weakness to the team.

Threats list: The only thing that comes to my head is that DREADED SIGILYPH and baton pass users. Ironic, since other teams easily handle them due to having numerous sweepers. HAZARDS is another weakness, is there anything other than rapid spin to remove it? It's kind of sucks if there isn't other options than rapid spin for removing hazards.

Non-threats: Strangely enough, this team has eaten many weather teams leads like Tyranitars and politoed. Its like Tyranitar is a normal mon to them. And even more strangely enough, this team is torn apart by non-weather teams. Gliscor is also a non-threat, as Jellicent, Bellossom, Regirock, Licky, and even Emboar have KO'd Gliscors that tried anything against them. Heatran is also taken out by strangely enough Accelgor{Focus Blast}, Emboar{Brick break}, Regirock{Drain Punch}{Also, Earth power from Heatran does nothing to it}, and Jellicent {Who walls it perfectly with its high special defense while resisting its STAB fire attack}.

Weaknesses: This team lacks any true sweeping mon. Theres nothing on this team that can set up and sweep. Nothing on the team that gets a strong stab attack that has good coverage on it. {My other teams have dragons, bugs, or fighting types that can swords dance/dragon dance and sweep.

Pokes being considered for team: Bisharp, Gotharita, Frosslass, Gligar, Scizor, Dragonite, Kingdra, Steelix, Mew, Scrafty, Electivire, Poliwrath, Cloyster, Haxorus, Regigigas, Terrakion, Toxicroak{to wipe out toxic spikes}, Xatu{Had a mixed sweeper Xatu with Drill Peck/Psychic back in gen 2. Maybe theres better moves for it now.}, Infernape, Hariyama{a primary player on my generation 4 team} Sigilyph{I like its design, but it seems like everybody is using it now} Jolteon, and Magnezone. These are favorites that can go on this team to replace Licky, Emboar, or both.

EDIT 2: Editing now.

Finished.

Uhhh you shouldn't post a thread unless your ready to have the whole thing set up. Needing description but I can already see an excadrill problem as well as Heatran. You should think of taking likilicky put for something better like a gliscor. Also maybe infernape instead of emboar for better move coverage.

To be completely blunt I'd replace Jellicent with an RU mon and take this to that tier, because there is no way this team is going to function in OU.

Okay, I finished editing it. Had to post it so it won't get deleted by the computer while its in post mode.

Ironically enough, Excadrill and Heatran have both been non-issues to this team. Excadrill always finds itself switching out or staying in and getting KO'd even after a swords dance. It's sweeped my other team though{due to having a redundant earthquake weakness/having no bulky types on the team.} Heatran seems to pose a threat, until it meets Jellicent or Regirock, it usually goes down or whatever switches in for Heatran gets hurt or status'd.

EDIT:

Tobes: This team does wonders in the tiers below OU, but i wanted to see if it could compete in OU somehow. LickyLicky seems to fall short for some reason in the OU tier, due to their being so many fighting attacks.

EDIT 2: What I think is keeping this team alive in OU is the surprise factor. But dang, Emboar and LickyLicky get KO'd sometimes without doing much. At least Accelgor is actually doing good in OU.

I don't really undestand Jellicent's EVs, what do they accomplish?

Also, Bellossom is pure grass, grass doesn't resist rock OR fighting. ._.

Why run Hydro Pump on Jellicent? Surf or Scald is usually the better option, also run Taunt over Substitute, because it's really not going to do much for you. If you want a fast Spiker, use Froslass instead. She's got the speed and Taunt to get spikes up, while also acting as a spin blocker.

But yeah, like Tobes said, maybe you should just remove Jellicent for something else and make this into an RU team.

Thundurus can pose a threat to your team but like many others' teams, your team is very weak to Excadrill, try switching Regirock for Gliscor, it walls Excadrill completely

I to love everything about Accelegor, but it's ATK EV, I think that you could try it with a Choice band and Uturn, also adding final Gambit wouldn't be a bad idea as a finishing move

I'm agreeing with tobes your pokes just aren't viable enough in ou with better options available.

Also put leftovers on jellicent if your keeping it and over wide lens on bellosom, or maybe wise glasses if you want some extra power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)