The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? With the rookie wage scale in place, JJ's contract will not hurt the Falcons much in terms of cap room. The reason they haven't done anything is that they were too busy signing Tyson Clabo to a big deal.

But, of course, no one cares about OTs!

They still have the cap room to deal for a big free agent, and Ray Edwards is still on the market and is the "popular" choice for them to sign. Aside from that, they have no real position of need and thus no reason to pursue a big name free agent. The trouble with Edwards is that he's probably expecting almost as much money as Johnson got from Carolina, which is a little steep for someone with only 8.5 sacks last season.
And then they release Jenkins and J. Anderson to free up $8mil in cap room. The only reason they would have waited until the end of the week to release them is because they are close to a deal with one big FA or a couple of FAs.

edit: yay

Chicago traded Olsen because he didn't really fit with Martz's offensive scheme, which doesn't utilize the TE very much (Olsen had 70 targets, the same number as Forte did) and thus he was considered unnecessary. I'm liking the move for Williams, though, because even if he's washed up defenses still need to consider him as a deep threat.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Naturally, the Bills stand pat and watch everyone else in the AFC East get fucking monstrous. Same shit, different year.

Supposedly, the Bucs are going to use their massive piles of cash to get an island.

Not like a Revis Island style cb, but an actual island.

Nnamdi Asomugha might sign with the cowboys, MIGHT.

Edit; now cowboys are out of the race, and the eagles are into the mix.

EDIT: He's going to the Eagles. BOOM.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The Eagles to this year's offseason: "good game".

That being said, some are pegging this move as the end of the Asante Samuel era, but I think they just keep NA, Asante, and DRC. And win.

Well that was a rather quick change of pace, from Jets to Cowboys to now Eagles landing him. So now you have Nnamdi and Rogers-Cromartie on either side, definitely a bit of a formidable prospect.

Jets better get on the ball and get their Cromartie resigned, as well as Edwards now that they aren't gonna dump the bank on Nnamdi. Cowboys...I hate Cowboys.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Fits well with the eagles gameplan. This team is gonna be fun to watch. If they get Desean Jackson's ass back we are gonna have something great here.

This isnt surprising at all. Eagles have been front runners for months

is there a list to all the available free agents? i wonder if the falcons can pick up somebody with the 7m they have.

pending an injury to Vick, I don't even think the Packers can stand up to the Eagles now
I dunno, maybe if the Packers are as injury riddled as last year for sure, but they have quite a few healthy bodies coming back. Either way, I'd be willing to peg Eagles as easy NFC East favorites, as Giants are the only other decent team still intact, Redskins are a mess and Cowboys...bleh...

Boy the Eagles and Panthers have sure done their part in making this a VERY pleasing offseason for me. Still, there's lots of football to be played.

Pats vs Eagles will likely be the favorites for the Super Bowl but when's the last time the offseason favorite has even gotten to the big game let alone win it.

Charger fans know what I'm talking about. = =

Really like what I'm seeing from the panthers so far, keeping the core intact while getting help where they needed it. I especially like the trade for Greg Olsen, That's the guy I wanted them to draft back when they got Beason.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Gaither to the Raiders...I don't know how to feel. Gaither from 09 was a player I'd really really be loathe to see go but Gaither from last year...eh he was just a lazy fatass who refused to get into shape and get healthy. Time will tell how it will affect us.

Boy the Eagles and Panthers have sure done their part in making this a VERY pleasing offseason for me. Still, there's lots of football to be played.

Pats vs Eagles will likely be the favorites for the Super Bowl but when's the last time the offseason favorite has even gotten to the big game let alone win it.

Charger fans know what I'm talking about. = =
Saints Colts...so "the last time" is both teams and recently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)