Regular OU Team

Hi First of I wanted to say thanks for actually reading my thread. Next I want to say thanks for rating my team if you do so. So shall we dive into the main attraction of the post.

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Nature:Jolly
Evs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
~Ice Punch
~Iron Head
~Stealth Rock
~Trick

Since I replaced Quagsire with Swampert I needed to have entry hazourds on this team so I put Stealth Rock on Jirachi. The main plan is to have Jirachi has my lead and Trick the Choice Scarf to my opponents lead and when they switch set up my own Rocks. I usually get Leftovers and sometimes I get a Life Orb if my opponent leads with a sweeper and tries to boost on the first turn. Iron Head is STAB and a hax to the opponent and Ice Punch takes care of Dragons that I switch in on alot.

Quagsire@ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Nature:Relaxed
Evs: 252HP/252Def/6 Atk
~Waterfall~
~Earthquake~
~Toxic~
~Recover~

Quagsire has replaced Swampert on my team because of his great ability unaware. He comes in on a potential physical sweeper like Excadrill and stops him in his tracks. This Quagsire has taken out Dragonite, Gyrados, Volcarona, and Lucario mostly by toxic stalling but when it is over Quagsire has plenty of health left over thanks to recover. I am thinking about investing some Evs in Spec D because some physical sweepers are sometimes mixed and the mostly one shot my Quagsire on the special side. The moves Waterfall and Earthquake are for basic STAB and Toxic is to help ware things down quicker. Recover is one reason why I replaced Quagsire for Swampert, instant recovery is just better than no recovery or using Rest and waiting to wake up again only to Rest one more time.

Latias@ Light Clay
Nature: Bold
Evs:252 HP/236 Def/ 22 SpD
~Reflect~
~Light Screen~
~Recover~
~Dragon Pulse~
Now support is really where Latias stands out from her brother. The reason why so much defense is run is for one reason, pursuits. CB Tyranitar's pursuit (I think that's the strongest pursuit) only does 47.8% - 56.6% to this Latias without reflect up if you stay in. If reflect is up it only does 23.6% - 28.6% to this Latias, possibly allowing me to stall it out with my recovery move. CB Scizor's U Turn only does 81.3% - 96.2% to Latias without Reflect up, and it may sound unimpressive at first but for Latias that is pretty good. Reflect and Light Screen are there so any sweepers on your team will have an easier time setting up.

Shaymin@Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Evs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
~ Leech Seed
~Aromatherapy
~Seed Flare
~Earth Power
This Shaymin focuses purely on defense and team support as opposed to supporting its own sweep, and as such it capitalizes on its significant bulk and the resistances of the Grass-type. Leech Seed grants Shaymin recovery and supports the team at the same time, and is preferable to Synthesis given the move's reduced effectiveness in Sand and the current prevalence of said weather condition. Aromatherapy helps to distinguish Shaymin from other walls and tanks, allowing it to cure its teammates of a status condition. This is particularly useful if one of my main attackers suffered a surprise burn.The final two slots allow Shaymin to defend itself.

Nasty Plot @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
~Nasty Plot
~Thunderbolt
~HP Ice
~Focus Blast

Simple Nasty Plot sweeper. With fantastic offensive stats and great coverage this will blow through unprepared teams. Added Focus Blast for more coverage. And Lum Berry to try and get one more Nasty Plot.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback
- Drain Punch​
An amazing set. It can wall Excadrill very well especially if I have some Bulk Ups already prepared for it. Mach Punch is my only priority move on here which I needed badly. Drain Punch helps it stay alive longer along with Lefties. Payback is for those ghost and physics that lurk around waiting to come in and try to compete against him. Evs maxed in Atk and some in HP and Spec D to help him live longer and to get more kills. Guts is a great ability to on him. Many people expect Sheer Force and proceeds to burn him then when a Mach Punch kills them from one Bulk Up then they realize.
Thank You Eternal for the set.

Changes in Bold

Okay, here we goooo! :P
On Swampert, I would say either chose Earthquake or Beam, and get rid of it for Yawn. Yawn gives you an extra turn to get up Stealth Rock, or just do whatever you want, really.
For Latias, I believe that it is outclassed by Latios as a screen user. Yes, I know that sounds really weird, but there's a reason: Memento. Memento will let you get a free set - up turn if used on a sweeper. Try Reflect l Light Screen l Memento l Draco Meteor, 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def.
On Scrafty, change the ability to Shed Skin. It allows you to set - up without being hindered by status moves. Then, change the 252 Atk Ev's to Sp. Def. With over 300 Sp. Def and +6 Bulk Up, your opponent's going to be hard - pressed to KO you. Also, replace Brick Break with Drain Punch. Drain Punch hits hard, while recovering your health. Since it's a set - up sweeper, it won't have any time using status moves, so replace Toxic with Ice Punch, to OHKO / 2HKO Gliscor.
On Thundurus, it's the same deal with Thunder Wave. I believe that Thunder Wave should be replaced with Substitute. It lets you set up Nasty Plots in the face of walls. If you go this route, change the item to Leftovers, so that you don't bleed yourself out.
Lastly, although this is a minor nitpick, you should change Jirachi's Fire Punch with Thunder Punch, since it has almost perfect coverage with Ice Punch.
Overall, a nice team. Good luck!

first of all i would expand some descriptions before this gets locked. on thundrus i would go with tbolt not thunder for much better accuracy. Thunder misses at the worst of times.
On thundrus i would try focus blast over twave for better coverage. This allows him to beat terrakion ferrothorn and other common threats. on scrafty i would definately get rid of brick break for drain punch. It heals a lot and makes him a much bigger threat. But once again it makes it harder to rate with the roles being so short. Try to make them at least 6 sentences.

First of all, I want to point that I also enjoy team-supporting Latias movesets. Well done!

To support your team even move, I would use Wish on Latias over Recover-you switch out after using the Screens anyway, and that way you could refresh weakened sweepers.

Your Scrafty is a bit messed-up; replace Moxie for Shed Skin, Toxic for Recover, Crunch and Payback, and BB for Drain Punch; also change EVs to 252HP/4Def/252SpD, Careful.

And obviously, use TB and not Thunder on Thundurus.

I would suggest you to focus on Latias's support; who benefits the most from Screens support?

@shadowxevo I will take your advice for Scrafty,Thundurus and Jirachi. I think I will keep Latias on my team but replace Recover with Wish.

Thanks to all you guys I will test out these changes.

At present you are 6-0'd by Excadrill, so I suggest replacing Jirachi with Bronzong.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Relaxed 252/0/252/0/4/0
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis

With Bronzong now carrying Stealth Rock you can replace Swampert with Gastrodon, which you need pretty badly because Volcarona is also a severe problem for this team.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Storm Drain
Calm 252/0/4/0/252/0
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Good luck.

Cool team Nagato. I really like the originality and idea behind this team. The Latias set with Dual Screen and Wish to support your set up sweepers. Taking Thundurus' sweeping abilities to the fullest. But as Tobes mentioned, Excadrill is a big problem to the team. A Swords Dance + Earthquake from a standard Air Balloon Excadrill does 70.54% - 83.17% to his Swampert. So that is a "decent" revenge killer if you have it at good health. But the Life Orb Excadrill would be the biggest problem to this team. While Double Dance Terrakion is just as threatening as Excadrill to this team.

The only thing I can think of to fix the Excadrill and Terrakion problem is by replacing Scrafty for Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr is just as bulky as your Scrafty, but there's one big thing that differentiate Bulk Up Scraft from Bulk Up Conkeldurr, and that is Mach Punch. Your team really needs a the Mach Punch to save yourself from opposing sweepers like Excadrill and Terrakion. So I really suggest using this set:

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers -- Guts
Nature: Adamant - EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback
- Drain Punch

Good luck!

You can try a CB Azumarill to take care of Terrakion and Excadrill. It could also be good against some rain teams, just if you wanted to try something out of the ordinary

Cool team.

I agree with Eternal's suggestion to replace Scrafty with Conkelldurr, as it would save you from getting swept countless times.

On Thundurus, I would highly suggest that you replace Substitute with Focus Blast and add Lum Berry over Leftovers. Focus Blast is necessary in order to hit pokemon like Ferrothorn and Magnezone, and without it, it will be hard to sweep. Lum Berry blocks status, and can give you the ability to set up a free Nasty Plot on pokemon like Jirachi.

Speaking of Jirachi, I would replace Thunder Punch with Stealth rock, as your team is very Volcarona weak, and adding Stealth Rock to Jirachi would allow you to run a Quagsire instead of Swampert.

Swampert@ Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed
Evs: 252HP/252Def/4 SDef
~Scald~
~Recover~
~Toxic~
~Earthquake~

Quagsire would let you defeat Volcarona, and also stop other pokemon such as Thundurus and DD Scrafty from harming you too much. Scald allows you to burn physical attackers, especially Ferrothorn switching in. Toxic lets you wear down pokemon like Volcarona, and EQ lets you hit steels that are immune to Toxic. Quagsire can also help you defeat pokemon like Excadrill, although LO excadrill still deals massive damage to it, which is a reason why Conkelldurr should still be used over Scrafty.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

Its a solid team, but uses some outclassed movesets and Pokemon. First off, you need to fix your weakness to SD Excadrill and SD Lucario. The first change I would suggest is replacing Swampert with a Quagsire, who thoroughly outclasses the Swampert set you're currently running through instant recovery and its fantastic ability Unaware, which negates stat boosts. This makes Quagsire an excellent counter to Excadrill, Landorus, Terrakion, and Lucario. You can run the same evs, but consider a moveset of Waterfall | Earthquake | Toxic | Recover. Waterfall is useful for Volcarona, since Scald runs off Quagsires lower special attack and barely scratches it.

Since you now lack rocks, you can simply use it over Thunderpunch on Jirachi. Thunderpunch is mainly used for Gyarados, who Quagsire handily defeats anyway. I would also recommend running max speed on Latias. CB Tyranitar is very uncommon these days, with most opting for specially defensive versions who are really setup bait, or Scarfed versions, which beat you anyway. Max speed is very valuable for Latias to set up a screen before it takes the hit, especially against Pokemon such as Infernape, Terrakion, Salamence and Virizion. I'm also a bit unsure about Wish. Recover would be the better option since its unlikely that Latias will have time to get both screens up and Wish, and Recover allows Latias to switch in multiple times to support your team.

Thundurus' moveset could do with a bit of tweaking. I would recommend running Lum Berry as the item to beat specially defensive Jirachi, one of its top switch-ins. This allows you to run Focus Blast over Substitute, since Lum Berry accomplishes pretty much the same thing: prevent status. The extra coverage is very valuable.

DD Scrafty is a far more superior option than your current set since you will likely be playing under screens. Couple Scrafty's excellent bulk with screens, and you can easily gain multiple boosts without much trouble. The speed you gain is very valuable, as otherwise you become susceptible to being revenge killed once the screens wear off.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)