Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
gorgeous texture pack, snkz, what is it?

it looks a little like coterie but i remember the hud and reticle being different in that

Its soartex texture, its a higher resolution then the regular textures. I saw Dan's screen-shots and thought it looked amazing

More info on the Endermen from ign

The Endermen are a dark, ominous mob that will slowly go about their business, moving blocks around the map. They ignore you…until you look directly at them. While you can approach these eerie beasts in close quarters safely, actually putting the mouse reticule on them causes them to stop what they're doing and turn towards you. They'll watch you and remain still as long as you remain continue looking at them. But the second you turn they spring into action, charging at you with great speed and dealing massive damage when they reach you. Running away will only get you so far too, since they'll continue to stalk and pursue you by teleportation.

That's fucked up.

I will have so much fun with this when they show up (they'd better drop something good)

*Puts on Leather Armor*
*Holds Diamond Sword*
*Checks quick-use slots for porkchops*

Time to go hunting Endermen

Though I hope if they spawn in the grinder, they don't turn hostile when you look at the tower and they just so happen to be behind wherever you're looking.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If these things start taking apart random buildings it will not be very cool. To expand on Aura's comment Mobs do seem to "see" you through blocks and will walk near you. But based on that entire blog post I doubt that Notch would make something like that to frustrate people.

Since Black Buddha hasn't posted the pictures of the town I live in, I'll just post it now since I had some free time and was able to take some screencaps of this town.

Basically it's a town along the Red Line with the general coordinates of x=1047 z=342. There's a little stop there (thanks to Sy123) so that any visitors can get off their minecart and visit the town. There's only a few people leaving there other than me (shucklesmyhero, asdfghjklm, _isaiah, firestix or Nightmare Jigglypuff and CHUKLAE or Dark Pulse). The main thing I'm asking is for a name for this village.

The village also has some really cool scenery. It's basically a bunch of mountains encircling the central part of the village, which is a thick forest. Most of the houses are located on the mountains, but...

Here are a few screenshots of the village. Not shown: the central part of the village, with a thick forest, waterfall and asdf's house. There's also a mushroom farm, tree farm and a pathway linking the various parts of the village.

Yeah, so that's the village. Any suggestions for a name?

Noice, is that the place with the zombie dungeon underneath one of the houses? There were some cool caves around there too, I seem to remember. Ummm as for a name, how about 'The Sanctuary', i dunno!?

Noice, is that the place with the zombie dungeon underneath one of the houses? There were some cool caves around there too, I seem to remember. Ummm as for a name, how about 'The Sanctuary', i dunno!?
Yeah, it is. The house in question is a short walk away though.

I'm getting Minecraft soon, should I just buy the one off the site?
Also, I am going to be playing on an HP laptop. Is that okay or will there not be enough memory?

I'm getting Minecraft soon, should I just buy the one off the site?
Also, I am going to be playing on an HP laptop. Is that okay or will there not be enough memory?
How old is your laptop? Minecraft is pretty technically heavy (for the wrong reasons) so it might be too much depending on how old your laptop is, so maybe other people can give you references.

Buy it off site, that's the official way to do so.

How old is your laptop? Minecraft is pretty technically heavy (for the wrong reasons) so it might be too much depending on how old your laptop is, so maybe other people can give you references.

Buy it off site, that's the official way to do so.
It's a couple years old, it is a Presario V3000.

And by off site, do you mean like buy it in a store like GameStop or on Ebay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)