Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using this Froslass set pretty nicely for a while, but I'm beginning to wonder if I could forgo her for a better mon that can hit harder and possibly sweep.

Frosbit (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Destiny Bond
- Hail
- Thunder Wave
- Weather Ball

For the past month or so I've used her as my anti weather go to, starting hail after killing their weather setter, and it has been VERY useful for most games against weather teams, especially hard developed ones that rely a lot on their weather. On top of that, she slows down sweepers and with hail up can KO a number of dragons/ice weak pokemon. Also, in sun her weather ball is murder to a grass type. Destiny bond gets me a last ditch kill for something my party otherwise couldnt handle. She's been pretty good but I'm just not sure if it's worth it, because weather is a pain and nearly every team uses it, so it's very difficult to put up with. I'm wondering if there are good sweepers/similar mons to replace her, because she's a bit of dead weight against non weather.

That would be a great pokemon to plug into my team, but sadly I already have a spinner, special wall, and half my team immune to tspikes/sweepers die fast anyway so dont care about tspikes.

That would be a great pokemon to plug into my team, but sadly I already have a spinner, special wall, and half my team immune to tspikes/sweepers die fast anyway so dont care about tspikes.
If you give us more info on your team, we may make a better teamate for it. However, some good sweepers/attackers that are also hail inducers, other than Abomasnow(which you probably already should have considered) are Gyarados, Kingdra, Azumaril, l, Swampert(sort of), Milotic, Empoleon, Weavile, and Mamoswine. I mostly recommend Milotic, Empoleon, and swampert as surprise wall hailers, but the others are better sweepers and you did say you needed one. So take your pick.

Have u tried this? Might be helpful!

Anti-weather Lickilicky. (special)
116 HP / 140 Atk / 252 SpA
Expert Belt/Life Orb
Cloud Nine

Flamethrower/Fireblast
Surf/Icebeam
Powerwhip
Thunderbolt/Return/Explosion

Edit: this was taken from the lickilicky thread, and there are a couple of antiweather sets there, you might want to take a look =)

Assume that i have a level 100 chansey.Then can it evolve into blissey(by friendship)?
Unfortunately, no; friendship evolution requires you to gain a level.

Are there any other event-only moves (excluding Secret Sword and Relic Song since they can be gotten in-game if you have the right Pokémon) besides V-Create and Snarl (I know Snarl is also a TM, but it's event-only as well)?

Few quick questions :
1) I had a garchomp in my sandstorm team as a physical sweeper.
As he seems to be banned , what would be a good alternative for him in my team?
(got starter , phys wall , spec wall , spec sweeper , random + garchomp (wich needs replacement)
2) Why is chansey better then blessey ? blissey has more hp and defence i thought ?
3) My hail team has ONLY ice pokemon (sometimes combined with water/grass/ghost)
Wich makes it extremely weak against a fire move , is there anything that i should have on my team in this case ?
4) For a normal team , i have a snorlax , skarmory , weezing , what would be nice additions to that? And the 3 i have in the team allready , are they good ?

Ty :)

Unfortunately, no; friendship evolution requires you to gain a level.

Are there any other event-only moves (excluding Secret Sword and Relic Song since they can be gotten in-game if you have the right Pokémon) besides V-Create and Snarl (I know Snarl is also a TM, but it's event-only as well)?
1) I read somewhere here on smogon that if a Pokémon evolves via Happiness, it can evolve as soon as it reaches the required amount (Gen 5 only!). So if you give your Chansey enough Happiness-raising Items, Rby94, it should be able to evolve even if it alread reached Lvl100.

2)There are Freeze Shock and Ice Burn. Probably will become Kyurems signature moves in Grey.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze_Shock_(move)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Burn_(move)

1) I read somewhere here on smogon that if a Pokémon evolves via Happiness, it can evolve as soon as it reaches the required amount (Gen 5 only!). So if you give your Chansey enough Happiness-raising Items, Rby94, it should be able to evolve even if it alread reached Lvl100.
Happiness Evolutions have not changed. Some people misread something and thought it had changed.

Depends on how you're using him.
In most cases, Chansey is preferred.
I'm not sure why you've been pushing this point. Chansey struggles in Sand, is more or less completely worthless if hit with a Trick, and cannot run non-ST offensive moves. In this metagame, Chansey can be a liability.

While usage doesn't always correspond to viability, the fact that Blissey is used over 2.5 times more (June OU stats) should be telling.

In Pokemon Dream World when you have two areas unlocked, what is the chance of being sent to either of them?

Ie: a 50/50 chance or is there an outside factor?

50/50.

Snarl is released on an event male Zoroark in Japan, meaning that anything that can breed with Zoroark/Smeargle can use Snarl if they learn it from the TM.

If you give us more info on your team, we may make a better teamate for it. However, some good sweepers/attackers that are also hail inducers, other than Abomasnow(which you probably already should have considered) are Gyarados, Kingdra, Azumaril, l, Swampert(sort of), Milotic, Empoleon, Weavile, and Mamoswine. I mostly recommend Milotic, Empoleon, and swampert as surprise wall hailers, but the others are better sweepers and you did say you needed one. So take your pick.
Ok, here you go;

First off I have a devensive core that deals with hazards and such;
-Empoleon is my special wall and does it very well, laying down rocks and roaring.
-Armaldo takes most physical hits well, being neutral to EQ and fighting, and spins/knock off.
-My main special sweeper, Chandelure.
-My secondary sweeper, Rotom-C, which has trick to dispose of any bulky threat

Then I have a team spot not filled that is for a pokemon with good mixed defenses, but can hit physically very hard. I've had Ferrothorn here, and Metagross here, but can't really pick anyone yet :/

And finally, the spot at which Froslass is sitting in currently, is a spot I think is threat elimination. Froslass is my weather threat eliminator. Any specific major threats in the metagame I need to counter (such as weather), are hopefully countered by the pokemon in this spot.

So I need some assistance with the physical hitting mixed defender and the threat elimination spots.

Have u tried this? Might be helpful!
thank you for the effort, but sadly Cloud nine users aren't that good, as the weather continues when they die.

In trade threads, what are credits?
Ive been seeing them in almost every trade thread and I always wondered what they are used for. Anyone?

They are like IOUs to the trading community. Someone sees something they like in another person's thread, but the person who has the pokemon doesn't see anything in the first person's thread that they like. The first person gives he second person a credit in exchange for the pokemon essentially saying "If you ever like something in my thread, you can have it for free"

How do I post on Smogon?I wanna post and ask which pokemon is better
This thread seems like the best place for that kind of post. Please don't make a thread just for that purpose.

Or, you can consider the options for a certain role on your team, and think of Pokémon that do a similar job (Ferrothorn or Forretress for support, etc.) then ask which one would be best, while adding a description of the rest of your team - the reason for picking similar Pokémon before asking is because it's not easy at first glance to say whether Metagross or Vaporeon is better (for example), because they serve different roles on a team.

Few quick questions :
1) I had a garchomp in my sandstorm team as a physical sweeper.
As he seems to be banned , what would be a good alternative for him in my team?
(got starter , phys wall , spec wall , spec sweeper , random + garchomp (wich needs replacement)
Excadrill is always an option, but a good team usually has means to take care of him. Landorus is also pretty good. Dugtrio, Sandslash, and Cacturne are really some of the only ones worth noting.

2) Why is chansey better then blessey ? blissey has more hp and defence i thought ?
Blissey does have better HP and Def. (one of her advantages over Chansey), but with the Evolite, Chansey gets a 50% boost to both defenses, which gives her higher defenses then Blissey. This means that Chansey can't run Leftovers, and she shouldn't run any attacking move other then Seismic Toss due to her abysmal offensive stats.

3) My hail team has ONLY ice pokemon (sometimes combined with water/grass/ghost) which makes it extremely weak against a fire move , is there anything that i should have on my team in this case ?
I've seen Tentacruel on a lot of Hail teams. He can provide a crucial fire resist.

4) For a normal team , i have a snorlax , skarmory , weezing , what would be nice additions to that? And the 3 i have in the team allready , are they good ?
Weezing and Skarmory are both physical walls, and you should consider replacing one of them with something like a special wall/tank or a support 'mon. That said your team needs some good offensive presence. Look around the RMT forum for some good ideas.

thank you for the effort, but sadly Cloud nine users aren't that good, as the weather continues when they die.
Some Lickilicky users run anti-weather. He gets Sunny Day, Rain Dance and Sandstorm.

Can I get some suggestions for some good SR setters for balanced and offensive teams?

The only ones that I've used effectively so far are Heatran, Bronzong and Tyranitar.

Can I get some suggestions for some good SR setters for balanced and offensive teams?

The only ones that I've used effectively so far are Heatran, Bronzong and Tyranitar.
-Forretress. The master of Hazards. He sets up all hazards, can spin them away, has great defensive stats, and only one weakness (that is easily covered by occa berry). (My personal favorite)
-Aerodactyl. the nightmare of 3rd gen. He can set up rocks quickly, then start sorta sweeping if it wants to.
-Skarmory. It sets up rocks and spikes, and can heal.
-Donphan. It can Set up rocks, has sturdy, has decent stats, can Ice shard, and can rapin spin.

-Forretress. Set up bait
-Aerodactyl. Predictable, frail one-trick pony that fails to do anything else aside from SR
-Donphan. Rarely gets to switch in and/or set up.
Skarmory and Ferrothorn are okay, but still invite too many switch ins for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)