The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Because people don't fucking make mistakes right. You are the Arsenal manager and expect all your players to perform at Barcelona player level. The man hit the ball with his foot trying to block it by having the ball hit the side of his show and it hit the top.

chill the fuck out.

Because people don't fucking make mistakes right. You are the Arsenal manager and expect all your players to perform at Barcelona player level. The man hit the ball with his foot trying to block it by having the ball hit the side of his show and it hit the top.

chill the fuck out.
take your own advice. wow.

us arsenal supporters find comic relief out of moments like these.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ps: Lee, do you have any idea why Newcastle keep sending Lualua out on loan? I'm not complaining since he's superb for Brighton, but I reckon he could probably do pretty well in the Newcastle first team :/
true story - i played against Kazenga when I was younger. I was playing right back and he was on the left wing. i got in a few kicks.

maybe he should have been given his shot last season during our striker crisis but even then he was behind Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best and Ranger in the pecking order so being out on loan and getting first team experience is probably the best thing for him at his age.

So Arsenal supposedly back in for Mata and willing to pay 13m+, 13m that would easily wrap up Chris Samba or go a long way in getting a proper defender. Good priorities for a team that already has Van Persie, Arshavin, Wilshere,Walcott,Nasri, Chamahk,Gervinho etc yet at best two decent defenders and no reliable keeper.

I think Arsene has the right idea in sticking with Szczezny as keeper since he's about as reliable as they're gonna get really and he'll only improve with time, but I agree that they need at least one defender.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
N'Zogbia moves to Villa.
For £9.5m.

Also Bolton've signed Nigel Reo-Coker after he was released from Villa, and Tyrone Mears and Chris Eagles from Burnley for a joint sum believed to be around £3m. All 3 came on at half-time during the friendly win at Bury which we won 2-0 (Klasnic+Cahill), but they weren't reported as joining until a few days after... They should be faster!

group a
*croatia
*serbia
*belgium
*scotland
*fyr macedoina
*wales

group b
*italy
*denmark
*czech republic
*bulgaria
*armenia
*malta

group c
*germany
*sweden
*republic of ireland
*austria
*faroe islands
*kazakhstan

group d
*netherlands
*turkey
*hungary
*romania
*estonia
*andorra

group e
*norway
*slovenia
*switzerland
*albania
*cyprus
*iceland

group f
*portugal
*russia
*israel
*northern ireland
*azerbaijan
*luxembourg

group g
*greece
*slovakia
*bosna-herzegovina
*lithuania
*latvia
*liechtenstein

group h
*england
*montenegro
*ukraine
*poland
*moldova
*san marino

group i
*spain
*france
*belarus
*georgia
*finland

group a
*botswana
*central african republic
*south africa
*winner 7 (somalia-ethiopia)

group b
*cape verde
*sierra leone
*tunisia
*winner 6 (equatorial guinea-madagascar)

group c
*morocco
*gambia
*cot'e divoire
*winner 12 (chad-tanzania)

group d
*ghana
*zambia
*sudan
*winner 8 (lesotho-burundi)

group e
*burkina faso
*gabon
*niger
*winner 11 (sao tome and principe-congo)

group f
*nigeria
*malawi
*winner 1 (seychelles-kenya)
*winner 3 (djibouti-namibia)

group g
*egypt
*guinea
*zimbabwe
*winner 5 (comoros-mozambique)

group h
*algeria
*mali
*benin
*winner 9 (eritrea-rwanda)

group i
*cameroon
*libya
*winner 2 (guinea bissau-togo)
*winner 10 (swaziland-congo dr)

group j
*senegal
*uganda
*angola
*winner 4 (mauritius-liberia)

group a
*china pr
*jordan
*iraq
*singapore

group b
*korea republic
*kuwait
*united arab emirates
*lebanon

group c
*japan
*uzbekistan
*syria
*korea dpr

group d
*australia
*saudi arabia
*oman
*thailand

group e
*iran
*qatar
*bahrain
*indonesia

group a
*vanuatu
*new caledonia
*winner round one
*tahiti

group b
*fiji
*new zealand
*solomon islands
*papua new guinea

round one
* american samoa
* cook islands
* samoa
* tonga

* argentina
* bolivia
* chile
* colombia
* ecuador
* paraguay
* peru
* uruguay
* venezuela

group a
* el salvador
* suriname
* cayman islands
* dominican republic

group b
* trinidad and tobago
* guyana
* barbados
* bermuda

group c
* panama
* dominica
* nicaragua
* bahamas

group d
* canada
* st kitts and nevis
* puerto rico
* st lucia

group e
* grenada
* guatemala
* st vincent and the grenadines
* belize

group f
* haiti
* antigua and barbuda
* curaçao
* us virgin islands

group 1
* united states
* jamaica
* winner of group e
* winner of group f

group 2
* mexico
* costa rica
* winner of group a
* winner of group b

group 3
* honduras
* cuba
* winner of group c
* winner of group d

Lol@ Group G.

I can't understand why the hell Greece is first seed. And wow, Spain and France on the same group. That's exciting.

Others group/qualyfing are meh, same shit.

joined fantasy league, team name: The Law. last year i won my league with my friends by the slimmest of margins. this year i'm stepping up my game and looking for the domestic double.

i gotta feeling....

staying away from arsenal for the forseeable future, not liking that opening fixture list...

Group A in Europe really interests me Croatia/Serbia/Belgium are all very even and Scotland and Wales can cause an upset or two. Group G is a joke.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Bolton's South Korean international Chung-yong Lee (Right-winger) is out for 9 months (basically almost the whole season) with a double facture in his lower right leg after a tackle during a friendly win, 3-1, against Newport county, which caused him to be stretchered off.

Awful for us, means Chris Eagles is going to have to set up to the big-time and try to fill his boots really fast...

vdv took a knock against brighton in a friendly, hoping this doesn't affect my fantasy team!
As someone who was at this game, I can tell you that VDV took a very minor knock in like the 15th minute and then seemed kind of ok until he was taken off half an hour in, so I imagine he'll probably be fine but I don't really have any idea.

By the way, Slim Guldom Bennett was on for 30 mins in friendly vs Coventry yesterday got a pinpoint cross assist and 25m goal. Really like the look of him and hopefully there's more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)