Click here for venue directions
High Wycombe Campus
Queen Alexandra Road
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire
HP11 2JZ

Registration Begins: - 9.30am

Registrations Close: - 10am

As you may or may not know 1-Up Events are holding an Independent UK VGC Style Gaming Championships.

On the 30th July 2011 in High Wycombe this UK tournament series will be coming to its eagerly anticipated Grand Final event.

On the morning of the UK Finals on the 30th July players who have not already qualified through the regional events held over the past few months will have the oppotunity to compete at a last chance qualifier to qualify for a spot in the Finals that afternoon. According to the 1-Up Events site there is no cap on the amount of players that may enter the last chance qualifiers and you can either register to compete on the day of the event or prior to this event online.

Availble Qualifier Places - 24

1-Up Events have announced 24 places are available at the last chance qualifier

Direct link to 1-up events LCQ Registration:
http://www.1up-pokemon.com/Last Chance Qualifier.html

Attend on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=225184647521314

Players Attending the LCQ:

- Flinchy Stryder
- Havak
-fantom0
-Picollo (pending)
-Twash
-bmarmalm
- PenguinX
Players Already Qualified:

- GiantEnemyCrab (GEC)
- Lord Feraligatr
-Pokemafia
- Pokérob
-Hoyle

According the the 1-Up Events Facebook page, there will definitely be 24 spots for qualifiers in the LCQ, not 16.

I will be attending. Expecting to cut it close time-wise in terms of arriving for the LCQ, but hey, I take risks and they pay off.

LCQ makes me rofl because heaps of pros are going and I can just imagine there not even being one match of LCQ and it being a simple turn up and you have a spot thing.

Not Long now!!!! Just grabbed an Update from 1-Up Events according to their FB page they already have 14 registered players for the last Chance Qualifier this weekend, ....I wonder how many players will turn up on the day?

PengX, tblakey, and B-Lulz are through to knockouts I think.

tblakey lost and is out, waiting for more news.

(I didn't go, SkyNet's car died a couple of days ago =[)

edit: B-Lulz and Peng lost top 8 :sadface:
edit2: and tblakey didn't make knockouts

randomer wins, td99 second, gree demolished avery1 and has custom dsi's-3rd
group stages; my group; top 2 equal points, 3rd Dozz (awesome guy) by 1 point, me 4th by 2points.
very good day, lots of trolling XD

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Twash >_<
Yeah, I lost to Havak in top 8. He crit my Jellicent with a Rock Slide quite late into the battle, and at the time I didn't think it mattered but looking back I am pretty sure it did. Either way, he is the better player overall and he would actually be able to make use of the plane ticket if he won it, so I'm kinda glad it came out this way in the end (too bad you lost to a 12 y/o)

If anyone is interested in how well Smogoners did:
Top 2 - nope
Top 4 - Havak, 7014gree
Top 8 - PenguinX, B-Lulz
Top 16 - No idea
I'll add in others as I remember them.

I had a really fun day today; I thought it would be really crap without twash, skynet and gec around but it was actually really good fun, even if most of that fun came from taking the piss out of some of the retarded stuff our opponents were using (Scarf Dig Archeops wtf bro)

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tyler Hagan don't worry the gec will will be in n outing and tearing up the Gaslamp Hilton with you
!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)