Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a decent roughly-decided team? At the moment, I have

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Hasty (Can't change)
252Atk/4SpDef/252Spe
- HJK/CC
- SD
- ES
- Blaze Kick/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid
252SpA/4Def/252Spe
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- HP-Ice
- Taunt

Salamence @ Scarf
Naïve
200Atk/52SpA/252Spe (Aerrow's spread for his Mence thread.. Dunno if I should trust this spread, but it looks promising)
- EQ
- Outrage
- DM
- Fire Blast

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful
252HP/however much I needed for 323 Def and 328 SpDef
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
252HP/252Def/4SpDef
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald

Politoed @ Scarf
Modest
4Def/252SpA/252Spe
- Surf (can't get Hydro Pump)
- Ice Beam
- Psychic (Can't get HP-Electric)
- Focus Blast

I'd add descriptions, but since I haven't tried the team as a whole, I dunno what works and what doesn't. I want to get it as perfect as possible before I start OU-battling in the Wi-Fi section. I've been thinking of replacing Vaporeon with the Shaymin I posted, but I'm mainly using Vappy for a cleric/Wish support, while not getting murdered by Physical attacks and for the nice boost to Scald in the rain.

I know Fire Blast/Blaze Kick in the rain is a bad idea, but I think it's worth it on 'Mence and I'll probably be using Stone Edge/Ice Punch on Luke anyways.

Edit: Oh god I have a perfect Scarfrachi, why didn't I remember it? I know SpDef Jirachi is all the rage these days (I have a good Calm one if it's the only actual viable set), but I just love Haxrachi, so should I replace Zen Headbutt with Thunder Wave? I also have Fire Punch on it, but in the rain, I dunno if it's usable.. If I were to use Jirachi, what should I take out?

Salamence @ Scarf
Naïve
200Atk/52SpA/252Spe (Aerrow's spread for his Mence thread.. Dunno if I should trust this spread, but it looks promising)
- EQ
- Outrage
- DM
- Fire Blast
Since I won't waste space on something I won't write about, I'll just leave in Salamence's set. If you want to see how "worth it" Salamence's Fire Blast is in the Rain, Sassy 252 SpD/252 HP Ferrothorn is a 3HKO, since every hit from that set will do 37.5%-44.32%.

P.S. Calm SpD Fire Punch Jirachi is NOT worth it in the Rain.

Since I won't waste space on something I won't write about, I'll just leave in Salamence's set. If you want to see how "worth it" Salamence's Fire Blast is in the Rain, Sassy 252 SpD/252 HP Ferrothorn is a 3HKO, since every hit from that set will do 37.5%-44.32%.

P.S. Calm SpD Fire Punch Jirachi is NOT worth it in the Rain.
I meant I have Fire Punch on my Scarfrachi lol, my Calm one has some random crap like Reflect/Wish/Thunder Wave/Doom Desire

Edit: I just checked, my Scarfrachi actually is just a normal Haxrachi.. it has Wish/Iron Head/Fire Punch/Ice Punch, with Jolly and 252Atk/4SpDef/252Spe.

I meant I have Fire Punch on my Scarfrachi lol, my Calm one has some random crap like Reflect/Wish/Thunder Wave/Doom Desire
Woops, my bad. Still, Fire Punch ScarfAchi isn't worth it in the Rain. Here is a calculation with Adamant Jirachi with 252 Atk EVs again Sassy standard Ferrothorn, in rain.
34-09%-40.91% = 3-4 hits to KO, not factoring Leftovers recovery.

Jolly, will do less, of course, but if you want the calcs for that also, just ask.

EDIT: Now let me get the calcs for THAT, against standard Ferrothorn, in rain.
EDIT2: Here you go.

So I have a decent (not flawless) SD Impish Gliscor with enough Speed to outrun max Tyranitar (would've been 72 EV's if I had 31 Speed IV, but I don't so I had to add more), and I'm torn over whether I should use Taunt for Jellicent/Blissey/etc, or Protect for scouting and guaranteed healing. My other moves are Facade, EQ and Swords Dance, and I'm also considering Bulldoze over EQ since it lowers the Speed of switch-ins; but since this set is offensive I think I'll stick with Earthquake.

@ Aura
Thanks for the calcs, I've decided not to run rain because it hinders too much of my team.

@ Virizion

Don't give up Taunt, whatever you do - it's one of the best moves in the game - as you then become set-up fodder. If you really want Protect, give up SD, although, protect generally isn't needed.

@ Virizion

Don't give up Taunt, whatever you do - it's one of the best moves in the game - as you then become set-up fodder. If you really want Protect, give up SD, although, protect generally isn't needed.
But I have SD to set up along with whatever their Poké is, so I could just kill them with Facade/EQ.. Taunt just seems better suited for a completely defensive Gliscor who can't damage a whole lot.

Edit: AAAAUGH. My game just froze when I opened my DS and pressed "B" to get out of the PC.. I taught Lucario SD, levelled it and Gliscor from 65 and 50 respectively to 100, got rid of Gliscor's Speed to modify it perfectly, and shifted 252 SpA into 200Atk/52SpA on Mence. My gameplay time is like 300 hours over 999:59 I think, and this is about the second time it froze randomly. Does it just freeze every few hundred hours?

ok guys i LOVE warstories so i wanted to make on one teenie tiny thing do i add the descriptios of each turn when the battle is done or in the battle?(i actually thought that guys took time to wirte up each turn while on their DS then i discovered PO........) also when i put save log where can i see them i cant find it anywhere on my documents:P

But I have SD to set up along with whatever their Poké is, so I could just kill them with Facade/EQ.. Taunt just seems better suited for a completely defensive Gliscor who can't damage a whole lot.

Edit: AAAAUGH. My game just froze when I opened my DS and pressed "B" to get out of the PC.. I taught Lucario SD, levelled it and Gliscor from 65 and 50 respectively to 100, got rid of Gliscor's Speed to modify it perfectly, and shifted 252 SpA into 200Atk/52SpA on Mence. My gameplay time is like 300 hours over 999:59 I think, and this is about the second time it froze randomly. Does it just freeze every few hundred hours?
I guess it freezes after prolonged use? I'm not a Nintendo tech expert, lol.

Thank you.
Another question then.
Which is better for wifi battling,eviolite chansey or blissey?
I haven't played singles in quite awhile (I've been playing the VGC metagame), but from what I've heard, Blissey is generally the better choice because it's not as crippled by Trick, and even with Wish/Softboiled, the lack of Leftovers hurts more than you'd think.

Blissey is more commonly used; it's OU, while Chansey is UU.

Why isn't Umbreon used more often? It has 394 max HP, 350 max Defense and 394 max SpDef, semi-reliable recovery in Wish (and IMO, Wish is a much better recovery move for the Curse set than a Recover-clone could be), Curse to boost its likely-uninvested Defense (and Attack, so you can do a bit of damage) with Baton Pass to pass the Curse boosts to something holding a White Herb, and Inner Focus to stop Haxrachi and Togekiss. Dark typing isn't that bad defensively, although it's weak to Conk and Scizor (and Tyranitar's Superpower), which sucks. It's basically a Dark-type Cresselia, which is good IMO.

Why isn't Umbreon used more often? It has 394 max HP, 350 max Defense and 394 max SpDef, semi-reliable recovery in Wish (and IMO, Wish is a much better recovery move for the Curse set than a Recover-clone could be), Curse to boost its likely-uninvested Defense (and Attack, so you can do a bit of damage) with Baton Pass to pass the Curse boosts to something holding a White Herb, and Inner Focus to stop Haxrachi and Togekiss. Dark typing isn't that bad defensively, although it's weak to Conk and Scizor (and Tyranitar's Superpower), which sucks. It's basically a Dark-type Cresselia, which is good IMO.
Probably for the same reason that Cress is RU (i.e. it doesn't actually DO anything, just sits there and walls, then gets killed eventually), then adding in a total lack of movepool?

Why isn't Umbreon used more often? It has 394 max HP, 350 max Defense and 394 max SpDef
So thats why my Metagross took so long to kill the thing, 405 attack and it's taking around 40% each hit? I thought something was up..

But just as Nijaskills said, every time I've fought an Umbreon, it fails to accomplish anything except pissing me off for taking so long to kill it.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright I just need to say that "Thank you" posts are not necessary and there's literally no reason to post them. It's okay, they know their information helped.

So stop it okay!

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thank you genny for that informative post. i really needed that xD

also umbreon's defensive stats dont help with its weaknesses (resisting dark and ghost attacks, that has low bp attacks, while se against fight and bug, which has strong people attacking with it (close combat from something in every tier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)