Regigigas

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Why can't he just function as a general all purpose wall down in nu/ru (read 110 hp, defense, and special defense, as well as a usable 80 bp special attack).

There are better options for a defensive 'mon. Yes, his defensive stats are very impressive, but he has no recovery options. He can't even use Rest or stall for Leftovers recovery with Protect. He's also vulnerable to all entry hazards and Toxic.

Really, the most you can do with him is annoy your opponent with ParaFusion + Knock Off in the hopes of stalling out Slow Start. He just can't do anything else.

Honestly, Gigas is pretty good if smashpassed from Smeargle.

At plus 2 speed and attack it negates the slow start drop for five turns, after which it automatically goes to plus 4 in each. Could be useful.

I could see Smashpass Gigas doing Ok (if it worked) in OU with Gorybiss over Smeargle for the smashpass, but not much doesn't benefit from smashpass.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
There are better options for a defensive 'mon. Yes, his defensive stats are very impressive, but he has no recovery options. He can't even use Rest or stall for Leftovers recovery with Protect. He's also vulnerable to all entry hazards and Toxic.

Really, the most you can do with him is annoy your opponent with ParaFusion + Knock Off in the hopes of stalling out Slow Start. He just can't do anything else.

In nu? Isn't Mandibuzz RU? (Also if you manage to hit the five turn mark your golden).

I'm not sure. I suppose your right, there might not be anything better in NU, but big stats aren't everything when you have very little to back them up. While he may have few weaknesses, he has little in the way of resistances either, and there are still plenty of things that hit fairly hard in NU. Add that on to no recovery and I still can't see him walling much.

I'm not sure. I suppose your right, there might not be anything better in NU, but big stats aren't everything when you have very little to back them up. While he may have few weaknesses, he has little in the way of resistances either, and there are still plenty of things that hit fairly hard in NU. Add that on to no recovery and I still can't see him walling much.
This is definitely true, but unless you're up against a +2 Terrakion (OU example, I know) you'll be able to support the team nicely with Paralysis, switch-forcing, and Knock Off. I use him to help other sweepers set up (unless the parafusion goes inordinately well and he sweeps on his own).

Gigas probably won't be dominating any tier, but I expect that he'll be fairly common in NU.

I would just like to say that I was expecting Regigas to get Traunt and Slaking to get Slow Start in the dream world. I guess Game Freak isn't that much of a troll afterall.

But you can at least kill something with Truant >.>
With a little hax, and its 110 - 110 - 110 defences, you only have to use TW and Dizzy Punch. After 5 turns you have a fucking Jolly monster with 419 Atk and 328 Spd!! Is a sort of glass cannon, yes, but not like Rampardos or Slaking

^This is actually the second time today that I've seen somebody misuse the term "glass cannon."

A glass cannon is something that is very strong but very frail. Regigigas doesn't fit this description. When Slow Start is activated, he's weak and bulky. If you're able to wait out the Slow Start turns, he becomes strong and bulky.

Just wondering but, do opponents usually take the opportunity to setup on Regigi (just starting to grasp this "competitive feel")? Seems a bit gimmicky, but, with his bulky stats, it would seem that he could utilize a surprise Psych Up against setter-uppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)