5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So turning and walking into another patch at once don't stack? Good to know about the 20 steps and shaking patches though.
Ah.. sorry, I guess I misunderstood. This is kinda weird but if you're running, turning and walking don't stack. If you're walking or riding a bike, they do and it's +4.

Ah.. sorry, I guess I misunderstood. This is kinda weird but if you're running, turning and walking don't stack. If you're walking or riding a bike, they do and it's +4.
Ok then. That'll make my PID advances much easier to do then.

Just need some clarification on the wandering NPCs now. Anyone? :)

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
3. Just need some clarification on wandering NPC trainers. Do they act the same as in DPPt where if I defeat them, they will stop wandering, and remain so so long as I remain in the area, even if I save, turn off the game and start it up again? I'm hoping all the wandering NPCs will be trainers there so I hit my frames... (106 for IVs, 230 for PID)
If you defeat them, they will stay frozen until you leave the area, and upon your return they will not ever be able to be frozen again.

Saving is fine. Zari did this and RNG'd Pokemon as he progressed through the game, in each zone.

I do not know my starting frame, but I caught my hasty thundurus on frame 559 after 8 chatot in winter, also I would like to believe that starting frame varies depending on how many seasons changes when you leave the house( In rain I caught my thundurus on frame 2241 after 30 chatot which is crazy high, since rain advance less than Snow), so my number or anyone else number might be way off from what your actually getting.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Post fkin 3 said:
  • Roamer Information
    • Roamers have their own encounter method, and are not considered Wild Pokemon.
    • Their IVs, nature, and PID are set immediately after it flies away.
    • Rain advances the PIDRNG by 60 per second.
    • Snow advances it much less (Around 260 frames after your initial frame)
    • They cannot be synchronized.
    • If your roamer is first encountered shiny (upon release), checking in the Pokedex would show the shiny sprite.
    • Although it is possible to RNG a shiny Roamer with the Elite Four, it will not let you get IVs
      • Battling with the Champion increases the PIDRNG frame by 6, the Roamer is then generated at the Hall of Fame Machine.
This is of course with no season changes.

I have a Question. I tried to Egg abuse RNG Using Standard abuse for the ivs and using the Chatot Records to manipulate Nature and Ability. While I was able to get the correct nature and ability, I was, however, off in the ivs.

What my desired IV spread was: 31/5/31/31/31/24

What I instead got: 31/0/21/31/31/31

So I was wondering if anyone knows how to resolve my IV problem

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have a Question. I tried to Egg abuse RNG Using Standard abuse for the ivs and using the Chatot Records to manipulate Nature and Ability. While I was able to get the correct nature and ability, I was, however, off in the ivs.

What my desired IV spread was: 31/5/31/31/31/24

What I instead got: 31/0/21/31/31/31

So I was wondering if anyone knows how to resolve my IV problem
Not to ask a stupid question, but you took inheritance into account for this, right?

Um inheritance? Perhaps not... How Do I Take a look at that?

I'm not sure if you can, if you're using the Non C-Gear "Capture" tab, with it set as "Gift" at frame 8. (which works like a breeding tab)

The way I discovered Mine was just by trial and error (you need to know the parent's IVs though, so you can see what it inherited from who) ((It would be handy to breed a completely Flawless pokemon and something, THAT YOU KNOW THE IVs OF! And check the baby's IVs, assuming you hit your seed))

Toast++

Even if i Standard Abuse the egg?
Yes. 3 IVs come from the IVRNG that is normal with captures. The other 3 are inherited from parents. Inheritance is determined by the PIDRNG, the same one that controls your nature and ability among other things. That means if you advance your PIDRNG, you're also changing the nature and ability.

I'm having a little trouble with getting a shiny egg. Without going into too much detail yet, I'm basically entering everything correctly (checked this MANY times) and am getting the right egg in every respect except that it isn't shiny. What's funny is, when I change the max frames shown in RNG Reporter (just abridging it from 10000 to 1000, for instance, not changing anything important) suddenly it shows the appropriate frames as being shiny, like it did in Shiny Egg Finder. Yet when I hatched the egg it was like it was before, perfect IVs but not shiny. Can anyone help? I can't give more information now but I'll try tomorrow.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
I'm having a little trouble with getting a shiny egg. Without going into too much detail yet, I'm basically entering everything correctly (checked this MANY times) and am getting the right egg in every respect except that it isn't shiny. What's funny is, when I change the max frames shown in RNG Reporter (just abridging it from 10000 to 1000, for instance, not changing anything important) suddenly it shows the appropriate frames as being shiny, like it did in Shiny Egg Finder. Yet when I hatched the egg it was like it was before, perfect IVs but not shiny. Can anyone help? I can't give more information now but I'll try tomorrow.
pix and seeds or it's not helpful.

Toast++

Correct nature/gender/ability? Everstone or not?

The seed is 6EFC0EE4D8CB60C9. It's BW (International), Timid everstone, Ditto parent, frame 177. If you want me to post all the info in all windows of RNG Reporter, tell me please, but I can't take pictures so it takes a little while to write it all.

Toast++

Assuming a flawless female parent, there are several in that area that would yield a flawless egg without the right PID. 173, 175, 179 & 181 all result in the same thing without the correct PID. The last even have the same inheritance altogether.

Shiny Egg Finder said 177, 179, and 181, and RNG Reporter said so too (once; it doesn't anymore), but going for it I only got the perfect offspring with the right gender and nature, not with shininess. It's not possible either that I hit a different seed that just happened to be perfect also, because, as I recall, there weren't any within 20 frames of the target.

I'm having a similar problem! I'm about to start breeding Lightning Rod Pichus, and I'm searching seeds. I found tons of viable seeds to use (And yes, I did enter the correct ID/SID) but when I paste them in RNG Reporter, they aren't showing up shiny. :(

Btw, I'm using Breeding BW International, with a Timid Everstone nature. If you need screen shots I can show you. Is there any way to fix this? :/

Edit: Nvm, I just closed RNG Reporter, and reopened it and it worked. I probably did something wrong and I wasn't even aware (I do that a lot) ._.

I'm having a similar problem! I'm about to start breeding Lightning Rod Pichus, and I'm searching seeds. I found tons of viable seeds to use (And yes, I did enter the correct ID/SID) but when I paste them in RNG Reporter, they aren't showing up shiny. :(

I'm using Breeding BW International, btw, with a Timid Everstone nature. If you need screen shots I can show you. Is there any way to fix this? :/
Same problem here.:/

Toast++

Btw, I'm using Breeding BW International, with a Timid Everstone nature. If you need screen shots I can show you. Is there any way to fix this? :/
Same problem here.:/
I'm guessing this is some kind of bug. I took Ashenlock's info and manually checked for shininess of the PIDs that came up. None of them fit the criteria. For now, just confirm in the main window. It seems to be working properly.

I may take a look at the code later today to see what's up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)