Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

But the gimmickry and crap is better than nothing at all. Little things like the Ullapool Caber and the Targe are cool.

Also, the Engie tied for second in most submissions for polycount sets. On the blog, it said

We're plugging away at the Engineer update. He's an interesting class to work on, because he creates a larger footprint in the game than any other class. This means we have a lot of options to work with, and the resulting set of ideas is truly daunting. ...we've already built and playtested some things that haven't worked out (with no false modesty, I think we've mastered the art of rapidly making things that aren't fun)...
The Engineer isn't any more important than any other class, but he deserves some love for having the least amount of updates.

Did anyone have to re-download TF2 after the last update to Steam? I couldn't figure out a way to not download it. It's even telling me that I played yesterday, but I can't figure out where my Application files went.. grrrr....
Did you check in steam\appdata? Sometimes when TF2 makes you download giant updates, it's because your files are too defragmented. I had this problem the other day. Rather than do a sys defrag (I did that later), I downloaded GCFScape. Exited Steam, defragged each TF2 .gcf, reopened Steam, clicked 'resume' on the update, and then it said it was ready to play. Might do the trick if that happens to you again.
Little things like the Ullapool Caber and the Targe are cool.
Eh, I wouldn't call the Targe little, since it spawned the Demoknight and even another type of shield and yea...

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Doesn't Steam have its own defrag option for game files? It works well enough for me.

Anyways at this point I don't think people care if there are thematic packs for the engineer. I doubt there will be any sentry or dispenser replacements at any point in the near future. I wouldn't mind just a "bag o' toys" update for the engineer that gives him a ton of cool guns to play with.

In terms of wrenches I think he has a nice selection, the only thing I really want is a wrench that creates more powerful buildings in exchange for less metal/swinging speed and whatnot. Perhaps with building skins that have more armour for visual effect.

Does anyone else have problems with DeGroot Keep?

My computer isn't great, but it can usually stay at around 15-20 fps during action on other maps. On Degroot, however, I get about 7 fps.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh whatever, went ahead and re-dl'd the game. Then the update fucked up my game so I had to figure that out. Oof

Am I the only one that things for the time being it'd be nice if Valve cooled it with the updates. Kinda overwhelming and underwhelming. So many that really don't add very much to the game.

Oh also if anyone has the new Demo sword I'll give you a Strange Eyelander for it

Eh whatever, went ahead and re-dl'd the game. Then the update fucked up my game so I had to figure that out. Oof

Am I the only one that things for the time being it'd be nice if Valve cooled it with the updates. Kinda overwhelming and underwhelming. So many that really don't add very much to the game.

Oh also if anyone has the new Demo sword I'll give you a Strange Eyelander for it
What's your Steam ID? Don't think I have you added. (I also don't have the Persian Persuader, but still!)

Also I think there are updates needed but they should be beta'd and maybe put together in a major update, tired of downloading a patch and every server having to update every single day, though bugfixes are good.

What's your Steam ID? Don't think I have you added. (I also don't have the Persian Persuader, but still!)

Also I think there are updates needed but they should be beta'd and maybe put together in a major update, tired of downloading a patch and every server having to update every single day, though bugfixes are good.
Really, Valve needs to take more advantage of the beta to test its weapos. It's annoying when things like the Tomislav and Cow Mangler come out and we have to deal with their broken stupidness until they patch the weapons

i'll think about it, hold onto it for me

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Changing disguises and being able to disguise and backstab without trying to find the 1 vs 1 perfect setup is rather helpful in starting some chaos with a spy. So the Eternal Reward doesn't have that much going for it.

Unless you happen to be omfgninja in that case nothing really matters.

yer completely destroys valve servers unless there are some decent guys pubstomping. real dudes go enforcer/dr/regular knife, or full vanilla, maybe ambassador if you're a sniper spy. the full saharan set deserves a mention too. the rest of the unlocks aren't worth using unless you're not planning on being good/are already too good that it doesn't matter what you use, imo.

also the wrangler got toned down recently, i think, so there's that.

The wrangler did get toned down so now im a bras beast heaver.
brass beast/sand/gloves of running. HAving great successs or my tomislav.

It's so good :I
Lately, however, I've been doing Shotgun Only Heavy with some Fists of Steel to deal with sentries. Been doing it a lot with my bros and TheMantyke, and it works more than it should some times (and it's a fun gimmick).

but otherwise I just rape with heavy by going Tomi/Sandv/GRU. It's hard not to rape with that loadout.

@Minwu I think it was the July 21st patch. They adjusted the charge time of it by 5% or something like that. Not alot but I do remember it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)