Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Bloo's runs Toxic, not Earth Power

I also considered carrying an Air Balloon, but the extra kick is needed so very much.

And on second thought, it might be worth running Hydro Pump over Surf, just for insurance. Missing at crucial moments will hurt, though.

(And his Gastrodon doesn't run Earth Power either - Toxic/Surf/Ice Beam/Recover)

Eevee @ Focus Sash
Adamant|Adaptability
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Flail
Quick Attack
Return
Bite

Flail against a faster and boosted Volcarona,for example, and it will most likely result in an OHKO, and if fails, use Quick Attack. Quick Attack for priority, Return for STAB, but it and Quick Attack will fail to KO Volcarona, even if it receives the max damage roll. Bite is for Ghost-types. Clearly he is walled by Steel-types and Rock-types, so don't mention it.

P.S. I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else.

Lucario @ Air Balloon
Jolly|Steadfast
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Hone Claws
Extremespeed
Hi Jump Kick
Ice Punch

Standard, but just because I don't want to see any more Focus Sashes, I'm running Air Balloon. Pretty similar to an average Lucario, with the exception of Hone Claws and Hi Jump Kick. Hone Claws not only ensures Hi Jump Kick hits, it's boosted in power, too. Extremespeed is staple to Lucario, and Ice Punch is to make sure you're not walled by Gliscor or Dragonite.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
The Evee set is weak as fuck and completly outclassed by Bellydrum Extreme Speed Linoone.
And Hone Claws isn't worth using on anything else than Durant especially if you got SD and Close Combat if you are worried about HJK missing.

Leech Seed 2.0

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly|Poison Heal
6 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Substitute
Drain Punch
Leech Seed
Spore

This set takes full advantage of breloom's HP leeching moves to provide a pokemon with key resists, 2 methods of leeching the opponents HP, essentially double leftovers, and a 100% accurate sleep moves to promise a few more turns of HP recovery. This set is surprisingly difficult to wall. It is able to set up on walls and slower sweepers. All you do is sub if you think the opponent will either switch or use a status move, or spore if you think they will hit hard. From there, either get behind a sub if you aren't already and then start spamming your HP draining move of choice. The key to this set is minimizing breloom's already low HP. With as low an HP score as possible, breloom will recover the max percentage of its health back from the opponent. Long story short, it annoys people. Is walled by a few obvious pokemon such as gliscor and reuniclus, but it can still incapacitate both with a spore before switching. Enjoy

EDIT: Another personal creation i'll share with you guys

SwissArmy

Banette @ Choice Scarf
Jolly|Insomnia
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Trick
Shadow Claw
Thunder Wave
Destiny Bond

With the abundance of stallish/setup sweeper type teams, I needed something to disrupt my opponent's plan as much as possible while giving me the momentum back. Banette gets all of its power from the fact that no one knows what it is, or how it will come at them. Ideally, you use him early in the game to throw a wrench in your opponent's game. Standard trickscarf to begin with, but you are able to use the t-wave/destiny bond combo to take out one pokemon as well as disabling as many others as possible. Shadow claw provides surprisingly solid damage with banette's high attack (also some nice crithax for more rage). Scarf and shadow claw put you in a good position to check starmie, espeon, and reuniclus.

Have you actually tested this set yet? Because I was thinking about something like it (albeit for the Battle Subway) but haven't finished my second playthrough and therefore have had no chance to test it myself.

Leech Seed 2.0

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly|Poison Heal
6 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Substitute
Drain Punch
Leech Seed
Spore

This set takes full advantage of breloom's HP leeching moves to provide a pokemon with key resists, 2 methods of leeching the opponents HP, essentially double leftovers, and a 100% accurate sleep moves to promise a few more turns of HP recovery. This set is surprisingly difficult to wall. It is able to set up on walls and slower sweepers. All you do is sub if you think the opponent will either switch or use a status move, or spore if you think they will hit hard. From there, either get behind a sub if you aren't already and then start spamming your HP draining move of choice. The key to this set is minimizing breloom's already low HP. With as low an HP score as possible, breloom will recover the max percentage of its health back from the opponent. Long story short, it annoys people. Is walled by a few obvious pokemon such as gliscor and reuniclus, but it can still incapacitate both with a spore before switching. Enjoy

EDIT: Another personal creation i'll share with you guys

SwissArmy

Banette @ Choice Scarf
Jolly|Insomnia
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Trick
Shadow Claw
Thunder Wave
Destiny Bond

With the abundance of stallish/setup sweeper type teams, I needed something to disrupt my opponent's plan as much as possible while giving me the momentum back. Banette gets all of its power from the fact that no one knows what it is, or how it will come at them. Ideally, you use him early in the game to throw a wrench in your opponent's game. Standard trickscarf to begin with, but you are able to use the t-wave/destiny bond combo to take out one pokemon as well as disabling as many others as possible. Shadow claw provides surprisingly solid damage with banette's high attack (also some nice crithax for more rage). Scarf and shadow claw put you in a good position to check starmie, espeon, and reuniclus.
And as if by coincidence, I was working on the exact same set, but instead of Thunder Wave I used Shadow Sneak, just in case he needs priority to beat other priority.

Kingdra@leftovers
Sniper
Relaxed/Sassy
252 hp, the remaining EV's in defences (your preference)

Rest
Sleep talk
Outrage
Scald

Kingdra is often used as an offensive pokemon, but with 75/95/95 defences (and only one weakness) it can be a great mixed wall capable of hitting back. Outrage is used because you
can't get locked into it when using sleep talk. Outrage still hits hard with no attack ev's. It
2hko's frail offensive pokemon like starmie, gengar, infernape and many more. Scald has decent
power and has good coverage with outrage. Sniper is the prefered ability, because outrage will
crush everything that doesn't resist it when you get that crit. Swift swim is also viable, because even with a speed reducing nature, you will outspeed most unboosted pokemon when rain is up.

This set isn't outclassed by Dragonite because it doesn't get destroyed by ice beams. And there are a lot of bulky waters with better defensive stats, but none of these can hit back their attackers as hard as Kingdra.

This one isn't amazing, but it's fun to play with

Lopbunny@ Iron Ball/Choice scarf/ w/e
Klutz
Jolly
252 HP 252 Spe 4 Def
-Entrainment
-Agility
-Baton Pass
-Return

Entrainment here works as a glorified knock off, stopping the opponents ability and item. Works especially well against stuff like Poison Heal Gliscor and Magic Guard Flame Orb Sigilyph. After getting rid of the item Lopbunny can take hits decently well from non SE/ non boosted attacks. I use agilipass since often stuff will switch out/hit with weak attacks so I take the opportunity to pass to things like Nidoking. I've also used a more offensive set with Ice Punch/Thunderpunch/Return and 252 Att, but to less success

This one isn't amazing, but it's fun to play with

Lopbunny@ Iron Ball/Choice scarf/ w/e
Klutz
Jolly
252 HP 252 Spe 4 Def
-Entrainment
-Agility
-Baton Pass
-Return

Entrainment here works as a glorified knock off, stopping the opponents ability and item. Works especially well against stuff like Poison Heal Gliscor and Magic Guard Flame Orb Sigilyph. After getting rid of the item Lopbunny can take hits decently well from non SE/ non boosted attacks. I use agilipass since often stuff will switch out/hit with weak attacks so I take the opportunity to pass to things like Nidoking. I've also used a more offensive set with Ice Punch/Thunderpunch/Return and 252 Att, but to less success
Entrainment doesn't negate the opponents item. You could probably run Switcheroo over Return if you're not deathly afraid of Taunt.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A person named Aigis on the server used this set, and was pretty happy to share.

name: Tinkerbell?
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Softboiled
item: Life Orb
nature: Modest
evs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe

I'm honestly not sure what's up with his EVs, though (outrunning Scizor is nifty though). Nevertheless, I tried it out a few OU battles, and it was alright. Being able to disguise itself as the standard Bolbeam / support Clefable is pretty nifty, as many Heatran, Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar assume its a free switch-in, only to be roasted by either Blast. Thunder Wave is used for team support, while Softboiled is for the usual recovery. As an offensive Pokemon, it's pretty noteworthy that it can't take damage from hazards or Life Orb, further disguising Clefable as an outclassed Bliss.

critical salamence/MYSTICcurse gengar

a nice surprise for the opponent. so instead of having ddance just have a good chance of x2 power

salamence @ scope lens
ability: intimidate
adamant nature (+atk -spa)
- focus energy
- dragon claw
- earthquake/roost/aqua tail
- stone edge
EVs: 252 hp/ 252 atk/ 4 spe

i doubt it but this could possibly work,

gengar @ petaya berry/leftovers
ability: levitate
timid nature (+spe -atk)
- curse
- substitute
- protect
- shadow ball
EVs: 4 hp/ 252 spa/ 252 spe

Just because a set is different does not mean it's good. I'm sick of seeing scrub sets involving shit like attract and focus energy.

If anything run Focus Energy + Scope Lens on Absol or Honchkrow. When using Night Slash after an FE, critical hits are a flip of the coin.
And Curse on Gengar isn't good. They switch out and you just lost 50% + whatever attack they used.

i doubt it but this could possibly work,

gengar @ petaya berry/leftovers
timid nature (+spe -atk)
- curse
- substitute
- protect
- shadow ball
EVs: 4 hp/ 252 spa/ 252 spe
Focus Energy especially isn't worth it when you have Dragon Dance. However, this one is interesting, especially since it can pretend to be Sub-Disable at first. Protect can be useful, but mono-Ghost coverage is dangerous. The set doesn't look very reliable, but it could be fun.

gengar @ brightpowder/leftovers
timid nature (+spe -atk)
- curse
- substitute
- pain split
- shadow ball
EVs: 4 def/ 252 spa/ 252 spe

troll set to the max. Curse to drain your own health and force switches, Pain Split to keep yourself healthy to throw more curses out, and STAB Shadow Ball to do decent damage to most things (especially since only ghosts aren't hit by Pain Split). Brightpowder is the best item for this since, frankly, no other item really does that much good (lefties undermines pain split, he doesn't really need attack boosts, and pinch berries don't help very much with only one attack) and a bit of hax in your favor can ruin your opponent completely.

My favorite t-tar ever: The anti lead/weather lead
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed Nature(+Def, - Spe)
Counter
Pursuit
Aqua Tail
Taunt

EVs 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4HP

This set is awesome for sand teams while shutting down other weather teams. the negative speed boost makes sure that your weather is activated last, allowing your sand team to role in. Of course, many people will see your team and probably lead with a counter first. That's where Counter comes in- to Counter the Counter! XD

Corny jokes aside, if someone who runs a sun team sends Ninetails out first, it will most likely retreat. Azelf and Uxie are also guilty of this. That's where pursuit roles in to hit them hard. This works best with a nice Stealth rock out. Taunt is there to stop either stat boost or other hazards like Ferrothorn and Foretress from setting up.

timid nature (+spe -atk)
- curse
- substitute
- pain split
- shadow ball

troll set to the max. Curse to drain your own health and force switches, Pain Split to keep yourself healthy to throw more curses out, and STAB Shadow Ball to do decent damage to most things (especially since only ghosts aren't hit by Pain Split). Brightpowder is the best item for this since, frankly, no other item really does that much good (lefties undermines pain split, he doesn't really need attack boosts, and pinch berries don't help very much with only one attack) and a bit of hax in your favor can ruin your opponent completely.
Life Orb boosts SB, and drains HP, so it could be considered.

timid nature (+spe -atk)
- curse
- substitute
- pain split
- shadow ball

Gengar @ Mental Herb
Levitate | Timid (+Spd, -SAtk)
188 Def / 68 SDef / 252 Spd
- Curse
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Disable

This is the ultimate troll set. As soon as you have a sub up at the end of a turn, you can just go to town on anything and everything.
Mental Herb + Disable prevents you from becoming taunt bait. You could run a Lum Berry if you're afraid of being status'd on the switch, but Sub stops them and not Taunt, so it's not the best option. The defense EVs leave you with 203 in both, and you can rearrange them to your liking depending on what side of the spectrum you want to wall more. Pair with anything capable of spreading paralysis around (parashuffling Dragonite is ideal) and/or tspikes support for maximum trolly effectiveness.

Also, Brightpowder is banned in competitive play, with good reason.

Hmm...this does seem to be infringing on Sableye's territory...60/60/75 defenses and blistering speed vs 50/75/60 and priority on everything
sableye for some reason doesnt have access to curse, tho

spiritomb may be a better option (significantly better defenses), but doesnt have disable and wont outspeed anything that hasnt been slowed down (making twave support even more vital)...running taunt alongside mental herb prevents it from becoming taunt bait, but does less than disable in attempts to keep its subs up.

Spiritomb @ Mental Herb
Pressure | Bold (+Def, -Atk) / Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
- Curse
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Taunt

====

EDIT: come to think of it, running taunt on Gengar would make it less vulnerable to phazing and more capable of stallbreaking, while disable allows it to stall out offensive foes...but im not sure which would be more useful.

hmm...what about protect+torment w/ lefties over ps+taunt? or does your hp recharge too slowly to make that work? maybe if you're baton passed an ingrain, and thus have double lefties recovery and are immune to phazing...though that would make you very vulnerable to ground-type moves...

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone considered that a Jirachi using Iron Head while holding a King's Rock has a 90% chance of flinching its opponent?

im not sure how well this is, but

lead t-tar
leftovers/impish/relaxed
max hp/max def
sandstream
stealth rock
thunderwave
pursuit
dragon tail

prettty straightforeward, SR is SR, no explanation needed. thunderwave is awesome. it can also cause swithces, so pursuit is great. and dragon tail is there to cause switches. so with SR, Sandstorm, pursuit and d-tail damage. it slowly wears your opponenet down. the ev's give t-tar max defensive bulk, with the sandstorm boosting his sp. def, but you can give him more sp. def evs if you want. impish and relaxed both increase defense, but relaxed decreases speed, in case you want to make sure you get up SS

this thing does have trouble withground types, as t-wave doesnt hurt them, so aqua tail is an option, but you probably wont outspeed, so i go d-tail anyway

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone considered that a Jirachi using Iron Head while holding a King's Rock has a 90% chance of flinching its opponent?
King's Rock only affects damaging moves that don't already have a flinch rate (ex. Blizzard); it does not increase the flinch rate of moves that already have that ability.

Something I have been using with a lot of success is DD Mix Latios

Latios (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Given EVs for Max Speed to speed tie other Lati@s. Rest to hit 276 Atk and 300 SpA, these are just arbitrary numbers spawned by my OCD need for significant numbers. The idea is to come in on something you can force out, and then get a DD. After one Dragon Dance, Latios can speed tie even Scarfed base 110s. Once enemy Steels are removed (Magnezone or even Heatran support is crucial to this set's success, if the opponent has a Scizor, this set is completely shut down). Outside of Steels, almost nothing can take a Draco Meteor AND an Outrage- only one of the two, the other will hit it very hard. Also key to this set's success is bluffing. Any sort of Physical Latios is totally unexpected, so if you can bluff as a Special Latios by just using Draco Meteor at first, eventually they will send in a Special-based Pokemon. (Ex, Volcarona, who has taken as much as 80% on the switch-in). Alternatively, you can reveal that it is a DD set right off the bat, and wait for them to send in a Physically-based Poke, but this isn't as effective. Earthquake is there for Heatran and for general coverage, but if you really hate Scizor, HP Fire is an option.

This set has a few advantages over Salamence and Dragonite.
1. It is not weak to Stealth Rock
2. Unique typing means it takes Special Hits better at the cost of more Physical weakness.
3. Higher speed
4. Greater surprise value
5. With an alternate EV Spread, Latios is capable of higher SpA, but it will more or less need to get a Dragon Dance up to hit hard Physically...

King's Rock only affects damaging moves that don't already have a flinch rate (ex. Blizzard); it does not increase the flinch rate of moves that already have that ability.

Something I have been using with a lot of success is DD Mix Latios

Latios (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Given EVs for Max Speed to speed tie other Lati@s. Rest to hit 276 Atk and 300 SpA, these are just arbitrary numbers spawned by my OCD need for significant numbers. The idea is to come in on something you can force out, and then get a DD. After one Dragon Dance, Latios can speed tie even Scarfed base 110s. Once enemy Steels are removed (Magnezone or even Heatran support is crucial to this set's success, if the opponent has a Scizor, this set is completely shut down). Outside of Steels, almost nothing can take a Draco Meteor AND an Outrage- only one of the two, the other will hit it very hard. Also key to this set's success is bluffing. Any sort of Physical Latios is totally unexpected, so if you can bluff as a Special Latios by just using Draco Meteor at first, eventually they will send in a Special-based Pokemon. (Ex, Volcarona, who has taken as much as 80% on the switch-in). Alternatively, you can reveal that it is a DD set right off the bat, and wait for them to send in a Physically-based Poke, but this isn't as effective. Earthquake is there for Heatran and for general coverage, but if you really hate Scizor, HP Fire is an option.

This set has a few advantages over Salamence and Dragonite.
1. It is not weak to Stealth Rock
2. Unique typing means it takes Special Hits better at the cost of more Physical weakness.
3. Higher speed
4. Greater surprise value
5. With an alternate EV Spread, Latios is capable of higher SpA, but it will more or less need to get a Dragon Dance up to hit hard Physically...
I like it. But ps, that's not true. King's Rock takes the flinch chance of the move you were using (let's call it p) and does something to it.

p + (1-p)*.1 is the new flinch chance. Taking Iron Head from a Serene Grace Jirachi gives you a p of .6. That makes it .6 + (1-.6)*.1 = .64, or a 64% chance to flinch with Iron Head. Not worth it.

im not sure how well this is, but

lead t-tar
leftovers/impish/relaxed
max hp/max def
sandstream
stealth rock
thunderwave
pursuit
dragon tail

prettty straightforeward, SR is SR, no explanation needed. thunderwave is awesome. it can also cause swithces, so pursuit is great. and dragon tail is there to cause switches. so with SR, Sandstorm, pursuit and d-tail damage. it slowly wears your opponenet down. the ev's give t-tar max defensive bulk, with the sandstorm boosting his sp. def, but you can give him more sp. def evs if you want. impish and relaxed both increase defense, but relaxed decreases speed, in case you want to make sure you get up SS

this thing does have trouble withground types, as t-wave doesnt hurt them, so aqua tail is an option, but you probably wont outspeed, so i go d-tail anyway
Hmm. I could see running that EV spread. I would run Aqua Tail over run Dragon Tail though, as it could make your opponent send in a counter, and seeing as you aren't outspeeding anything you are going to end up being the one who is going to be forced to switch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)