Smocon 07 - Coming or not?

Are you coming to Smocon 07?

• Yes. I am a definite attendee.

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • I am planning on it, but haven't finalized anything yet.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I am not coming, and I don't know why I am bothering to vote at all.

Votes: 135 74.6%

• Total voters
I live in toronto and i'll be there at the time but working. ot sure if i have enough street cred to attend this :o

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yes, Gorm, you do, and even if you didn't we still want you to go. Everyone is welcome at this.

I'm a definite. I don't care how poor I am once this comes around, I'll be there, it's fucking dirt cheap! If I can't afford the $15 Cdn to room with Mike, I'll sleep at cloud's place in bed with Mama Mia, I don't care. I've always wanted to taste me some genuine curry, if ya know what I mean.

WaterBomb, you still driving us up???

I also live in Toronto, so although I wouldn't want to chill in a hotel for a week, it'd be cool to just go meet up with you guys once or twice over the duration of your stay. I know I'm not really active in the community and that I'm not on the best of terms with a lot of you, but I think I've mellowed out since my "What kind of a name is Porcupine Tree?" days. It'd be cool to see you guys, I think.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
is anyone around the philly area gonna be driving? or is anyone gonna be driving through the philly area? I'd prefer to chip in 50-100 bucks for gas rather than playing 400 for a plane ticket.

Fig

Needs to stop disappearing.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gp, if you could catch a train into Harrisburg I could pick you up at the train station and then drive up. Your choice though.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Gp, if you could catch a train into Harrisburg I could pick you up at the train station and then drive up. Your choice though.
If WB doesn't end up going, I'm hopping in with you on your way up. Totally.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
looks like I'll be one of the only people paying for a plane ticket again...

you guys sure are a drain on the wallet! but that's okay, it sounds like good practice for having a girlfriend

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I will definitely be going, though I would need accomodations. But this is too cool to miss! I voted the first choice, because I'm pretty sure I won't be that busy this summer and all I need is just to get and be able to live there.

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

you guys sure are a drain on the wallet! but that's okay, it sounds like good practice for having a girlfriend
get a sugar momma with many rupees.

like me.

fuck you i beat you to it (BAN ME PLEASE) now what.

also, i can probably accommodate one of you, hopefully, in my basement. it is cool down there and we will mostly be drinking and ircing. exciting, i know. dm is at the top of the list because he is my brother from another mother.

I have to plane it from Los Angeles if I do decide to go. Which costs more.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
get a sugar momma with many rupees.

like me.

fuck you i beat you to it (BAN ME PLEASE) now what.

also, i can probably accommodate one of you, hopefully, in my basement. it is cool down there and we will mostly be drinking and ircing. exciting, i know. dm is at the top of the list because he is my brother from another mother.
I also think I should be given priority either in your basement or in one of skarm's cheap rooms, considering the price I'll have to pay to get there in the first place! I'll have to upgrade to an Adult's wallet to have any hope!

Edit: yes i got you good with that crack about the Adult's wallet

I voted yes but I realized "hey it doesn't really matter since I live here!"

I know I haven't been active in the community recently but I hope its still cool if I make a cameo! PS I am so staying in cloud's basement :rolleyes:

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
absolutely, i may even be able to fit more than one of you down there, provided you don't mind sleeping on couches haha. if it saves you good money you're definitely welcome at my place.

im pumped.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
absolutely, i may even be able to fit more than one of you down there, provided you don't mind sleeping on couches haha. if it saves you good money you're definitely welcome at my place.

im pumped.
Of course you'll fit more than one, I had always just assumed you and I would be cuddling. But add Jason into the mix too, and that's a menage a trois of Smogon Royalty!

I would go, but this is one of the bad things about being young.

and even if i was old enough, i'm still pretty unknown here, so yeah.

natalie

property of alex
if i overcome great odds and have some savings by then. have two jobs at the moment but i keep spending it on crap.

Fig

Needs to stop disappearing.
is a Contributor Alumnus
A compulsive buyer eh? I have that problem too Natalie. I hope you work it out, it would be a pleasure to meet you.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright well of course the people travelling the farthest/spending the most would be given priority in the cheap rooms/cloud's basement. Cloud doesn't live downtown Toronto, exactly, so let's not try to crowd his place otherwise we'll be pretty far apart and all.

There are eight spots in the rooms:

Myself, anyone from Texas, Jason, and others farther from the NE part of the continent would get priority for the cheap rooms. Remember, Fig can possibly get cheap rooms too so all is not lost.

Edit to this:

Possible people coming (either 100% or very likely coming) that could room:

myself
mop
jason
dm
kongler
gp
brain

I don't include some others because they aren't finalized or, like Fig, can get themselves accomodations as well. As you can see we haven't even filled up 8 spots yet.

I'll be there!

also, you put MoP, is he a definite still even though he seems to have gone on hiatus?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
He is, yes, because he is coming with me to NYC/Philadelphia after Toronto. I talk to him often on AIM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)