The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watching the u20 world cup? I saw Australia vs Ecuador drawing 1-1, a result we didn't deserve and got out of jail late through a stunning 30m free kick.

Apparently Wenger tried to get Henry to play for Arsenal for the last 5 mins, but he wasn't having any of it.

Also, Joey Barton's going to make a statement about his future on twitter at 4pm... not sure if that's a wise move, but it'll be interesting. Already fearing the worst..

http://twitter.com/#!/Joey7Barton/status/97999713067991040

Yup, he's on the transfer list. He can do a job at any of the top 10, but I reckon Arsenal or Spurs, maybe Everton (ie allowing Rodwell to move on)

Can't wait to see how Aguero does in the Premier League. Shame he's at Man City but whatever. Also really hoping that these rumours about Sneijder to Man U don't pan out.

Liverpool concede 3 goals again in a Pre-Season friendly. That's 3 goals in every game they've had. It's fine buying 100million worth of midfield this year but their defence needs some work.

i want man city to flop, they are all the bads things about football.
is the Snijder to man utd rumours going again?
hope it does pan out.

Arsenal bid rejected by Valencia.. kind of expected with the Arsenal way of being cheap.

Apparently Mata really wants to go to Inter Milan, but they haven't put a bid in.

Arsenal better go back after him.

Just finished making my fantasy team.. watch half of them get transferred out of the league now:

GK: Hart, Harper
Def: A. Cole, A. Hughes, Cahill, Enrique, Baird
Midfield: Barton, Downing, Modric, Song, Tchoyi
Strikers: Caroll, Hernandez, Strurridge

I figure Arsenal's plan to win a title is just buy as many great attacking players as possible and try and outscore everyone, fuck defending. Barton is sitting there a free agent they should have already signed him up.

Aguero will do well at City if he gets regular time, he is a much better player now then Torres was when he went to Anfield and is probably surrounded by a better midfield as well.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Joey Barton said:
"I am on a free but the honour of wearing those B+W stripes, surpasses that

"One day the board might realise, what the shirt signifies. HONOUR and PRIDE. Thanks for your continued support...........toonarmy"
:'(

I think I'm going to bet on it. My initial thought was fifty quid but I think I'd like to do it as a double with either the Swans or QPR. I like Newcastle a lot but they're getting fucked pretty hard :(

Fantasy site: Clichy went from 3% to 16% after the trade.

Just another hint Wenger.. I know, I know, beating a dead blind deaf frenchman. I'll stop.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
hey phadunk, i'll let you in on a little secret - Wenger is the second best manager in the Premiership so you should back off him a bit.

and hey fuck you guys, we'll stay up. We still have Collocini, Jonas, Enrique, Tiote, Ben Arfa and about half a dozen supposedly good French midfielders.

You've got a good deal with Routledge, akuchi. he's always been one of those players that is fast as fuck but not that technically great but he seems to have came on really well over the past season.

Yeah Barton and Nolan aren't the whole Newcastle team, they'll do fine.

As for people complaining about Wenger, he's a great manager but he needs to realise when change is needed in his team, what he's doing at the moment clearly doesn't work any more!

wenger is over rated imo, yes he does well, but he never solves the problems presented, the ammount of times over the YEARS teams have just played counter attacking football and tight marking and got a result, i would think a good manager would address that within a season.

hey phadunk, i'll let you in on a little secret - Wenger is the second best manager in the Premiership so you should back off him a bit.

and hey fuck you guys, we'll stay up. We still have Collocini, Jonas, Enrique, Tiote, Ben Arfa and about half a dozen supposedly good French midfielders.

You've got a good deal with Routledge, akuchi. he's always been one of those players that is fast as fuck but not that technically great but he seems to have came on really well over the past season.
I'll be interested to see how the French midfielders work out, actually. My boyfriend is very anti Routledge - he's been absolutely pissing himself that Swansea paid £2mill for him :( says 'if leon best is a 1/10, routledge is a 1.5/10' (where Tiote is an 8.5). I'm stinging a bit, haha. anyway FUCK THIS I WANTED MARCOS SENNA OR THAT GUY FROM BARCA B NOT WAYNE FUCKING ROUTLEDGE

Originally Posted by Fat Joey Barton
"I am on a free but the honour of wearing those B+W stripes, surpasses that

"One day the board might realise, what the shirt signifies. HONOUR and PRIDE. Thanks for your continued support...........toonarmy"
I would be honored to wear those b & w stripes for 80k a week too

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-win-battle-to-sign-enrique

Been saying they should get him for weeks. Don't think Johnson should be playing LB personally, then Aurelio hasn't been getting play for months and Kelly/Wilson/Robinson/Flanagan are good, but too young atm. Liverpool have needed a consistent experienced LB for a while now, Konchesky did shit last season as well...

So imo this is a brillliant transfer. Jose Enrique has been saying he's off if the NUFC board keep fucking about with players, so he definitely wants the move. And for £5mil it's very tasty (though some places rumour around £8mil).

Looking forward to see how Liverpool do against Valencia, hopefully they'll stop conceding! Hahah. Though granted, Stevie G and Suarez are still out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)