Aura Storm

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the rates guys

Looks like a really solid team The only suggestion i have (idk if its been said already is change rock slide to Stone Edge on tyranitar. Ya you get flinching possibilities with rock slide but in stone edge you get 25 more base power (which plus the STAB boost is a little more power plus stone edge has a high critical hit rate so you have more of a chance to make it twice as strong.
Thanks, It's really personal preference for me. I don't miss out on any noteable OHKOs and I HATE Stone Edge's accuracy.

I think you really should consider aggron for your team. He 4x resists flying, which will help your huge magikarp weakness. In addition, Aggron OHKOs back with Head Smash.
The problem is Magikarp 50HKOs Agron.

I was in the process of making a team just like this. The problem is that LO Gengar will go to work on your team. I would make Tyranitar scarf to handle that and he can take on Thundurus easily. Last I would change Skarm to Heatran with stealth rock, to counter Rotom's grass switch-ins and force them out. You can get rocks up a lot quicker this way.
LO Gengar isnt really much of a threat.

1. Focus Blast dosen't OHKO Tyranitar and Pursuit OHKOs him.

2. If need may be I can sac something and bring Rotom in who outspeeds and OHKOs him.

3. Latias can come in on a Focus Blast and scare him off.

Also, SubDisable is often used over LO Gengar anyways. Adding Heatran adds some unwanted overall team weaknesses and there aren't any Grass pokemon that give this team trouble.

LO Gengar isnt really much of a threat.

1. Focus Blast dosen't OHKO Tyranitar and Pursuit OHKOs him.

2. If need may be I can sac something and bring Rotom in who outspeeds and OHKOs him.

3. Latias can come in on a Focus Blast and scare him off.

Also, SubDisable is often used over LO Gengar anyways. Adding Heatran adds some unwanted overall team weaknesses and there aren't any Grass pokemon that give this team trouble.
I think you are underestimating the power of LO Gengar a bit. I did the calcs for you with the exact EVs, nature and Sandstorm in effect: 103% - 121.8%. So yes it is a 1HKO.

Yes it is uncommon but when u see one play smart.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, guess my calcs were wrong:/, thanks for pointing out the threat. I still have other ways to deal with it and I've literally never ran into one lol. Anyways Scarfing Tyranitar may help with Gengar and Thunderbro, but it leaves me open to some other threats.

Thanks again for pointing that out.

I think you really should consider aggron for your team. He 4x resists flying, which will help your huge magikarp weakness. In addition, Aggron OHKOs back with Head Smash.
I'm not 100% sure here, but I feel like this is referencing the Belly Drummed Magikarp with Flail that is infamous for sweeping teams (max attack + max flail = ubers dropping dead, according to the video).

o.O But even so, I'd imagine Tyranitar with Sand would eliminate that problem (due to sandstorm damage).

Also, great team! Only thing I think you might have to worry about is a physical fire-type after Rotom-W is gone. Otherwise, nice coverage!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha this is hilarios i laughed forever when i read this. ButI personally would not consider aggron it doesn't help the team. It also adds another 4x fighting weakness. And magikarp has no flying type attacks.

I'm pretty sure the comment is more meant for trolling. And aggron does not have the speed or the utility to be in any team outside of trick room with rhyperior. Having aggron would make an even worse weak link than when there was scizor.

Since I can never seem to get in on the official tutoring rounds, I'll just have this to say: What was the philosophy you followed when making this team? Did you just decide to base your team around Lucario and a couple others for a core, then built the rest of the team to cover weaknesses?

Seriously, I have no idea how to synergy/analyze threats. Proof: Last RMT I posted up, some jerkwad went in and made enough changes that I blindly accepted...ended up with four weaknesses and no resists when it came to water, and guess how long it took me to find a Drizzle+Swift Swim team on the PO server. >:(

(As a side note, Aura Storm is the official name of Lucario's Final Smash in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but to me it screams Focus Blast.)

Roar on Latias... huh I never thought of that. I'm going to have to try that.
also the team looks really good though you may want to try stone edge over ice fang on gliscore

He can't afford to lose ice fang. It's a crucial tool for physical wall gliscors and stone edge has nowhere near the usefulness that ice does foe both flying dragon and grass types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)