Hoenn Cup - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus

There have been some changes and additions to the format, so please read the following carefully. Move down to post #2 for Round 1 pools.

Format:
  • 2 Leagues
  • 6 Divisions
  • 3 Divisions per league
  • 42 total players (increased from 24)
  • 7 players per division
  • 21 players per league

Each entrant starts off with 5 points. Each week they will be matched up in a pool with two other players and will play one game vs each player. They will gain/lose points based on their wins and losses in their pool (the number can not fall below 0):
  • 2 wins = 3 points
  • 1 win w/activity (Match was played/opponent was a "No Show") = 1 point
  • 0 wins = -1 point
In the event that a match is not played and a win is awarded to a player via coin flip, 1 point will be deducted from each player's points gained from the round (i.e. - Player X gets 2 wins, which nets him 3 points. However, one of his wins is given via coin flip. Player X now earns 2 points for the round instead of 3). Losses do not gain or lose points unless they were decided by activity or coin flip.

Example:
Possible Records In One Round said:
*Bold Names indicated win

Pool #1
Player A vs Player B
Player A vs Player C
Player B vs Player C

Player A: 2-0 = +3 Points
Player B: 1-1 = +1 Point
Player C: 0-2 = -1 Point

OR

Player A vs Player B (Activity Win)
Player A vs Player C (Coin Flip)
Player B vs Player C

Player A: 1-1 = 1-1(Coin Flip) = +0 Points
Player B: 1-1 = 1-1(Coin Flip)-1(Activity Loss) = -1 Point
Player C: 1-1 = +1 Point
Pools will change each round and there will be 5 rounds total. Everyone will not get to play everyone else, but no one will play each other twice (until possibly Wild Card Week/Playoffs).

At the end of the regular season period, points will be added up and the player with the most points in each division will be the Division Leader. These players will move into the playoff round. The players with the second most amount of points in their division will become Wild Cards that are eligible for the Wild Card Round. If there is a tie for either Division Leader or Wild Card, rankings will be broken down by first by head-to-head, then by win/loss records (first by number of wins, then by losses).

During the Wild Card Round, Wild Cards will be separated into pools of 3 against the players of their own league. Instead of competing for skill points, players will play Best of 3 Matches against the other two players in their pool. The player with the best record will move on to next week's playoff round. Rankings will be broken down by wins, then by losses during Wild Card Week. Ties for this round will be broken down first by total season points gained, then by head-to-head (from regular season results), then by win/loss records (also from regular season results; excluding Wild Card week results).

For all consecutive Playoff Weeks:
  • Matchups will consist of Best 2 out of 3 matches
  • League Semifinals will once again separate players by league and match them up randomly with one of the other three players
  • Finals will match up the remaining four players, once again in their respective leagues. The winners of these matches will be dubbed their league's "League Leader".
  • The Hoenn Cup Championship will matchup the League Leaders. The winner of this match will be the Hoenn Cup Champion.

Deadlines & Activity:
I am enforcing strict deadline rules for this tournament. Each round will only be a week long (with possible leeway as school will be starting for some people in the duration of this tournament). If you have issues scheduling a match and believe you'll need an extention, you must notify me via the thread for the current round, VM, or PM at no later than 48 HOURS before the current week's deadline. If you are playing your match within a few hours after the deadline will have passed, I won't penalize you, but notify me first and make sure it gets done within that time frame. Other than that, any potential exceptions for extentions will be handled at my discretion.

I STRONGLY recommend that you post or message me whenever you attempt to contact your opponent. I will not know if you've been sending messages to your opponents if you do not tell me and when I have to make a decision at the end of the week I can only make assumptions as to your general activity in this tournament.

Battle Rules:
You may use either Pokemon Online or Netbattle Supremacy (http://www.mediafire.com/?ybu2brt8bwk85fa) simulators to do your matches.

• ADV/3rd Gen Mode (PO) or Full Advanced Mode + XD Modes (NBS)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Apply PP Ups.
  • Battle Timeout
  • All Pokemon listed in Smogon's Uber Tier are banned.

In case of a dispute on which simulator to agree on, Pokemon Online takes priority.

List of Entrants:
  1. Earthworm
  2. Navy
  3. makiri
  4. Steven Snype
  5. BIHI
  6. Cristal
  7. DarkLoic
  8. Rydro
  9. Butterfreeak
  10. kael
  11. Ciele
  12. Folgorio
  13. Fried Rhys
  14. JabbaTheGriffin
  15. Kevin Garrett
  16. San_Pellegrino
  17. wilson46
  18. Royal Flush
  19. 199 Lives
  20. ENZ0
  21. .Robert
  22. _TyRoGuE_
  23. Krack
  24. Pedrock
  25. Agammemnon
  26. Veteran In Love
  27. IronBullet93
  28. fuzzy
  29. ToF
  30. H-C
  31. McMeghan
  32. Tomahawk9
  33. smashlloyd20
  34. Aqualouis
  35. Go10
  36. HSA
  37. Golden Sun
  38. Boudouche
  39. Heist
  40. reyscarface
  41. DracoMalfoy
  42. Jackal

List of Substitutes:
  1. Steeli
  2. chuzzle1
  3. DC.
  4. Stallion
  5. Lamppost
  6. -Manu-
  7. blarajan
  8. MarceloDK
  9. Celebi42
  10. Vinc2612
  11. Raspberry
  12. Ningildo
  13. Kaluun
  14. Celsius
  15. Marcurcio
  16. pokemonrocks777
  17. HBK
  18. Boubecas
  19. HiipFire
  20. Blue_Blur
  21. Ojama
  22. fatty
  23. Huy
  24. wraith
  25. Goodluck
  26. _Rewer_
  27. Pkrs
  28. Vaz
  29. .Kyuusei.
  30. Playa
  31. undisputed
  32. Windsong
  33. Limitless
  34. The Kyle
  35. Alphajolt
  36. Tobes
  37. Zeph
  38. KnightoftheWind
  39. franky
  40. SoT
  41. M Dragon
  42. Nails
  43. V[ajinTupacZ

** For round 1 only, substitutions will be made in the event that a player drops from the event, or if they have not shown activity (via posting in this thread/messaging) within 48 hours of the deadline. With the potential exception of ]V[ajinTupacZ (see note above in "List of Entrants") subs will be chosen at random to replace a dropped/inactive player. Those who dropped can still choose to be eligible for the Emerald League starting in Round 2.

The Emerald League:
Wait, What!?

The Emerald League is a special side event / mini-tournament I've decided to include. Starting Round 2, 16 lucky substitutes will paired off in a 1v1 single elimination bracket with new pairings each round (same deadlines as the main event). They will follow the aforementioned battling rules in a Best of 3 format. Any remaining players will once again become subs for this side event, eligible for substitution only during Round 2 (Remember that both the main event and Emerald League share the same numbers for the current round).

When the final 2 contestants remain, they will be allowed to challenge any eligible Wild Card player for their spot in the tournament, also following the aforementioned battling rules in 1v1 Best of 3 format. Challenges must be completed before the challenged Wild Card plays any of his Wild Card matches and he MUST answer the challenge. I'll include a reminder and details as needed when the Wild Card Round begins.

Records for current rounds will be actively updated, however points will not be totaled until the round is completed and the next round starts.

Now that I'm done stuffing your face with text, we can move on to the meat and cheese of this tournament. As usual, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to bring them up. Let's make this a successful and enjoyable tournament!

Ruby League

Snorlax Division:
  • Golden Sun - 5 points
  • Cristal - 5 points
  • wilson46 - 5 points
  • Agammemnon - 5 points
  • Royal Flush - 5 points
  • ToF - 5 points
  • San_Pellegrino - 5 points

Tyranitar Division:
  • Go10 - 5 points
  • 199 Lives - 5 points
  • Navy - 5 points
  • Kevin Garrett - 5 points
  • Pedrock - 5 points
  • Heist - 5 points
  • reyscarface - 5 points

Blaziken Division:
  • H-C - 5 points
  • Folgorio - 5 points
  • Boudouche - 5 points
  • Aqualouis - 5 points
  • Tomahawk9 - 5 points
  • DracoMalfoy - 5 points
  • Steven Snype - 5 points

Sapphire League

Gengar Division:
  • Butterfreeak - 5 points
  • Krack - 5 points
  • makiri - 5 points
  • ENZ0 - 5 points
  • BIHI - 5 points
  • Fried Rhys - 5 points
  • JabbaTheGriffin - 5 points

Skarmory Division:
  • kael - 5 points
  • McMeghan - 5 points
  • HSA - 5 points
  • DarkLoic - 5 points
  • IronBullet93 - 5 points
  • Jackal - 5 points
  • .Robert - 5 points

Swampert Division
  • _TyRoGuE_ - 5 points
  • Earthworm - 5 points
  • Ciele - 5 points
  • Rydro - 5 points
  • smashlloyd20 - 5 points
  • Veteran In Love - 5 points
  • fuzzy - 5 points

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Round 1 Pools:

Pools are set into
tags, but you may still use CTRL + F to find your name quickly. Bolded pools are those that have finished for the round.
Pool #1
  • Cristal vs Navy
  • Cristal vs San_Pellegrino
  • Navy vs San_Pellegrino

*San_Pellegrino has replaced ]V[ajinTupacZ.

Pool #2
  • Butterfreeak vs smashlloyd20 - Coin Flip
  • Butterfreeak vs Steven Snype
  • smashlloyd20 vs Steven Snype

Pool #3
  • Aqualouis vs Pedrock
  • Aqualouis vs ToF
  • Pedrock vs ToF - Coin Flip

Pool #4
  • Boudouche vs IronBullet93
  • Boudouche vs kael - Activity
  • IronBullet93 vs kael - Coin Flip

Pool #5
  • DracoMalfoy vs H-C
  • DracoMalfoy vs zarator
  • H-C vs zarator

*Go10 has replaced zarator and receives his 1-1 record for this round as well as his point total (6 points when round 2 begins).

Pool #6
  • makiri vs DarkLoic
  • makiri vs Jackal
  • DarkLoic vs Jackal

Pool #7
  • Fried Rhys vs Tomahawk9
  • Fried Rhys vs Veteran In Love
  • Tomahawk9 vs Veteran In Love

Pool #8
  • .Robert vs Folgorio
  • .Robert vs Rydro
  • Folgorio vs Rydro

Pool #9
  • 199 Lives vs Agammemnon
  • 199 Lives vs Earthworm
  • Agammemnon vs Earthworm

Pool #10
  • Ciele vs fuzzy
  • Ciele vs Heist
  • fuzzy vs Heist

Pool #11
  • BIHI vs ENZ0
  • BIHI vs Krack
  • ENZ0 vs Krack

Pool #12
  • Kevin Garrett vs McMeghan
  • Kevin Garrett vs wilson46
  • McMeghan vs wilson46

Pool #13
  • HSA vs reyscarface
  • HSA vs Royal Flush
  • reyscarface vs Royal Flush

Pool #14
  • _TyRoGuE_ vs Golden Sun
  • _TyRoGuE_ vs JabbaTheGriffin
  • Golden Sun vs JabbaTheGriffin

For those that are 0-0 in their pool and haven't shown any activity as far as trying to contact their opponents, remember that after Sunday, August 7 @11:59pm GMT-5, I will be replacing them with substitutes. This is also the deadline for requesting extensions.

Deadline for Round 1 is Tuesday, August 9 @ 11:59pm GMT -5

Just wanna make something clear, i'm doing my battles on PO. I don't have NBS and i don't intend on downloading it for this.

Ps: ]V[ajiin lol it's been so long, good to see he's still around.

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
Contacted Tof and sent a vm to pedrock. I'm waiting for his answer

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lost to Pedrock, i was unlucky but well, he was an opponent pretty fair play and he won a good game ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)