Machamp's Dynamic Dojo!

Hello Everyone. This is a team I made a few days ago. I've been battling with this team for quite some time now and there seems to be some things that I wish to improve on with the help of members here.

This team is based around Machamp to alllow it to set up substitute safely and begin to sweep with Dynamic Punch.

Here It Is!

Changes in Bold

KrustyKrab (Crustle) (M) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Shell Smash

- Earthquake

- X-Scissor

- Stone Edge

This is my anti- lead pokemon I have enjoyed using that can really start off the battle fairly well. Start by using shell smash to boost the stats, and try to sweep from there. Earthquake for steel, rock types. Heatran w/o air balloon. Stone Edge to take care of annoying flying types as well as stab. Hits Thundurus leads hards. X-Scissor for psychic types that try to bother me like espeon and starmie.

Tentacles (Ferrothorn) (F) @ LeftOvers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Power Whip

- Stealth Rock

- Leech Seed

- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn with Rocky Helmet. I want to remove this big guy from the team since it is not doing so great with the team synergy for some reason unknown. Lay down stealth rock when it comes in, set up leech seed and wait. Might give it thunderwave to see if it is any better that way. I like this pokemon alot, but it seems to really do the job in some instances when I really don't need it.

Sydney(Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Marvel Scale

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SAtk

Calm Nature (+SpDef, -Atk)

- Dragon Tail

- Sleep Talk

- Rest

- Scald

I find this set to be fun to use since I just dragon tail the other pokemon I want to cripple. Its kind of like a whirlwind Skarmory haha. Ice beam to cover and cripple dragon types since it won't OHKO them. Recover to regenerate health. Scald in place of surf for the hopeful burn hax. I like bringing this in on other water types and walls so I can just dragon tail them out of there, and scout around. With stealth rock out, its even better.

Hercules (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: No Guard

EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Substitute

- Ice Punch

- DynamicPunch

- Stone Edge

The Macho Man of the team. This guy, once behind the substitute can really hurt other teams. Its been KOing around 2-3 pokemon per match when behind the substitute with the help of confusion by Dynamic Punch. Ice Punch to cover dragons. Might replace it for thunderpunch to hit bulky waters, or Fire Punch for Grass types like celebi. Bullet Punch is there for revenge kills is I ever take this guy out and bring it back.

Lamplight (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

- Fire Blast

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Since the team was lacking a pokemon that resists fighting type moves, I decided to bring in this one. It absorbs fire type attacks aimed at ferrothorn and can hit back hard with the wide coverage it has. Its scardfed to ensure the revenge kills. This guy is usually my last pokemon left in most battles I have had with this team. Its won some as well as lost some battles due to the scarf restriction and some mis predictions.

KittyKat (Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay

Trait: Magic Bounce

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Reflect

- Light Screen

- Psychic

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

My Dual screener. Bring it in on resisted hits, set up both screens and get right out of the fight until it needs to set up screens again. Hidden Power Fighting to hit steel types, and psyshock for walls. Might replace it for psychic to hit things harder since it has no investments in SpAttack.

That is the team at a glimpse, I wanted to add a support pokemon with heal bell/ aromatherapy and maybe wish to keep machamp as healthy as possible. This team has a few flaws since its neither a stall team or offensive. Willing to replace things for the betterment of this team that I can't seem to see. Thanks in advance. All rates welcome :)

Rate Away!

I have the imprision this team leans more on the defensive edge. You should think what wall walls Machamp, and counter it.
Do you have access to Wish on Espeon? If you do, run it over HP Fighting; Id'e also use Psychic on this specific set.
Also, with a Substitute up, Bullet Punch isn't of much use due to it's low damage output and poor coverage, Id'e run Stone Edge and Ice Punch.

I'd switch Ferrothorn's Rocky Helmet to Leftovers as Ferro doesn't really have a reliable form of recovery. Run Thunder Wave since Machamp appreciates the Paralysis support.

I believe the best set for Milotic is its Restalk set with Scald and DTail. You also get a boost of 1.5 to you defenses due to Marvel Scale.

I'd go Ice Punch on Machamp as otherwise your walled by Flyings, and your no longer walled by Gliscor.

Chandelure should be Timid and I can't say anything about the set as I've never used Chandy.

For Espeon, go Psyshock for sure, to deal some actual damage to Blissey (though it's not 50% so it'll just Softboiled.

Dual Screeners aren't meant to deal with Blissey, expecially on a Machamp-focued team; Id'e be more worried about damage on Conkeldurr.

I was thinking of replacing ferrothorn with somthing like celebi since it has the support moves to help out Machamp. But it would give the team another weakness to ghost types, and moves. Will test out the team with the new changes suggested.

@Irongross I tried out the wish on espeon but its usually ko'd or close to ko after setting up screens. Yes this is more of a defensive team.

I also think a Pursuit user could give you easier time dealing damage with Machamp; Weavile, Tyranitar, Scizor...take your pic.

Each one brings an extra weakness to the team except really scizor since it has some appreciated bulk. I may have to rearrange the team and replace either crustle which seems to help out this team quite alot lately or ferrothorn.

Using Scizor gives you two X4 Fire weaks, but as you have Flash Fire CHandelure you can just run the standard Scizor.

Thanks for the help. I'll update the team if I see it helped with my problems. Thanks for the rates so far.

Is there a Scizor set you would recommend for this team?

I think the Swords Dance set with SD over U-Turn works best 0-0. Now a days, everyone expects CB Scizor and switch to a Steel resist.

Threats:
- Volcarona
- Excadrill (Along with other strong physical attackers).

First of all, I want to mentioned that Machamp's EV spread of definitely be changed to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef since the Speed investment won't be doing anything at all and you'll want all of the bulk you can possibly get.

Volcarona is a very large threat for this team seeing as your only counter is Milotic whose Scald won't be doing much damage after it gets up a Quiver Dance. From there it can proceed to sweep your team if Machamp has been weakened or KO'd. There is a very easy way to overcome this problem though and that is to simply replace Chandelure with a specially defensive Heatran. It can take anything that Volcarona will want to throw its way and then force it out while removing any potential boosts using Roar.

The next issue that needs to be addressed is the weakness your team has to strong physical attackers like Excadrill and Terrakion. My suggestion is that you try using Gliscor in place of Crustle. It'll function just as well with the rest of your team synergy wise while also giving you with an amazing physical wall that can act as a stallbreaker and even potentially sweep. I'll give you the standard Swords Dance set with a bit of extra speed investment so that you can get off that first crucial Ice Fang against opposing Gliscor.

Milotic seems out of place because Dragon Tail really won't be doing much for you seeing as how you aren't running Spikes on Ferrothorn. Gastrodon would be a good Pokemon to use in this spot instead because it will give your team a counter to Thundurus as well as a way of dealing with Rain teams in general. You also won't be losing a bulky Water-type so it works perfectly synergy wise. These are just a few changes that will help you out; good team and good luck.

Sets:

Heatran @ Leftovers l Calm l 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Lava Plume l Toxic l Roar l Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb l Impish l 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spd
Earthquake l Ice Fang l Swords Dance l Taunt

Gastrodon @ Leftovers l Calm l 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Scald l Ice Beam l Toxic l Recover

Even without CB you can still Pursuit 0-0. Swords Dance also works well when people know you have Pursuit and think you banded.

Wow thank you very much Oblivion IX. I'll try those suggestions out. Thank you Iron gross and tangelo as well:) Hopefully this team can reach its full potential.

Shell smash crustle is an extremely underrated lead. I haven't battled someone else who used it but I've sweeped whole teams with it lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)