The Everything NHL Thread

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/08/01/sp-isles-vote.html#ixzz1Tsjxce1m
Voters were clearly concerned, however, with the prospect of higher taxes.
"If it was so good why didn't the owner pay for it himself?" said Mary Beth Molloy after voting no.
Anita Abbenda said she voted no "because the taxes are high enough."

[...]

Wang tried to privately develop the property about eight years ago, envisioning an expansive complex of office buildings, apartments and retail stores. That proposal, called the Lighthouse Project, failed because of community opposition. Now, he is backing a publicly financed plan.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't...?

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Let them move east into Suffolk County instead of going west into Brooklyn. There's already an NYC team that sucks balls, there doesn't need to be two.

Never let them move to KC or Quebec. Especially Quebec.

Glad to see him getting paid. As a native of Michigan I fear him since he's pretty easily the best player in the modern era at annihilating the Wings singlehandedly every single time he plays them.

Also, I didn't comment before but 1 year for Parise and arbitration for Weber... curious if we won't actually see some top end talent moving for once!

7.5 for Weber, would make his cap hit the highest in the league for D-men. Preds obviously should take the deal because they're like 7 mil from the cap floor anyway

7.5 for Weber, would make his cap hit the highest in the league for D-men. Preds obviously should take the deal because they're like 7 mil from the cap floor anyway
I heard that because it was a team selected arbitration they don't have a choice. So he's with the Preds for another year, but in that time they can trade him or resign him for a long-term deal.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Man the predators are such morons; if there is one position where the money is worth it, it's defenseman (and arguably a playmaking center). Goalies have the most movement on the value spectrum dependent on system, and wingers / shooting centers depend on the players getting the pucks to them. Playmaking centers (Crosby / Thornton) are the only other players I wouldn't hesitate to drop as much money as necessary on.

Why would you sully your relationship with your captain, a top 5 defenseman in the league (lidstrom / keith / doughty / chara), for what will be a difference of about 2 million maximum -___- (in a rising cap era)

Damn, morons. If Weber takes this to heart and moves on to another team, what a shame for what has historically been a team I root for due to annual underdogs / Barry Trotz.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Im sure Bettman would love a team in either Seattle or Portland. The northwest is entirely uncovered by the NHL.

From my point of view, of course, they can all eat shit until I get my team back.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This NHL RDO camp is pretty interesting. I enjoyed finding out that Brendan Shanahan does have a certain interest in testing PKs in which icing remains illegal. I am absolutely certain PK units can adapt to that and actually manage to clear the zone without clearing the puck all across the ice (either with a soft clear or by coming up with more ways to exit the zone with the puck). It's something I've always been clamouring for and I am glad it is at the very least being studied and considered. I don't hold much hope this will ever actually be brought into the NHL however.

Other stuff I found interesting :

I enjoy that glove passes being legal is being tested and I wish they also considered allowing goals scored with a skate (or scored in any way that is not a high stick). I never understood why that was an illegal play.

Then there's the new smaller net, which I feel is very likely to get the green light as soon as next year.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...=AtnKU0W6ljLCMAI2N6BRACx7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp10785

Legit criticisms of one of my favorite teams. I dunno what the reaction to this will be (I really hope people don't dismiss it as sour grapes).

Interesting that Matt Bradley says Semin could be the greatest player in the world, after saying he love Ovechkin. Testament to Semin's skill / potential I guess, and even more of a testament to his underachieving. I mean, we all knew he was a bit of a flake but this is taking it to the next level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)