League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
They've got to learn how to 1v2 eventually, or at least learn that if there is a jungler and they can't 1v2 they should stay out of top. You can say "no one buys wards at my level" too if you want, but the point is you might as well use every level you get to learn the game, jungle included. If jungling causes your team to lose, not the end of the world. If it teaches everyone involved to be better players in the future, it was worth it.

Just downloaded this. Way too confusing. Any tips on how to learn it?
You kinda just have to play a lot. Probably try reading some build guides on mobafire to get a handle on the roles of each kind of character as well. The level system is very helpful in making sure you are paired with other new players like you, and ensuring that as you learn the game, the players you play against stay at your level. As a rule of thumb, rememvber to try to communicate, even if it is only through typing, and be cautious. Don't rush in and give the enemy free kills, as it only gives them extra money, making them even stronger with new items.

Yeah, I got staying behind the minions down, but what do you do with melee characters? Also, the controls seem kind of shitty. I always end up running head first into turrets. Also, why does scrolling suck? You barely move the mouse and it goes flying.

Edit: Thanks for the links, I'll check those out.

blue start is actually bad because you won't have enough blue time to gank once you hit 4. not starting at blue is risky because fiddles jungles considerably slower without it so all in all fiddles is a powerful jungler if uninhibited.

smite big wraith
drain x2 one golem, autoattack second golem in between drains
drain x1 second golem, autoattack to death
drain x1 small wraith
dark wind other wraiths, autoattack to death
drain x1 big wolf, dark wind x1 big wolf, autoattack to death
drain x1 healthier wolf, autoattack camp to death
drain blue and autoattack until smite range
rest of jungle is piss easy now - go take your red and gank, or fuck their jungle since you will be at full health

you can do this with a doran's ring only if you memorise the order, mana regen yellows make it easier. you can go boots/3 pots or mana crystal/2 pots if you really don't want to buy doran's but your jungle will be slower (esp if you go boots). this route gets you to 6 faster too for the classic 'crowstorm from bush' gank
So basically this path, I die either at blue or right after blue.

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
Yeah, I got staying behind the minions down, but what do you do with melee characters? Also, the controls seem kind of shitty. I always end up running head first into turrets. Also, why does scrolling suck? You barely move the mouse and it goes flying.
If you're a melee character, chances are you're more bulky and can therefore handle taking some attacks. Buy a Doran's Shield or a bunch of health potions right away if you're having trouble.

You can change the camera control settings in the options menu (under interface I think, there's a scroll bar at the top). That way you can have the camera move slower.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Skarner Mechanics Preview

reetings Summoners!

Today, I wanted to give a little sneak peek into the gameplay behind Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard.

The idea behind Skarner is to get on people, stay on them, and really capture that inevitability of being run down by a predatory creature. Additionally, we wanted to avoid an instant gap closing mechanic so there's appropriate counter-play.

The primary way Skarner accomplishes this mission is through his ability Crystal Slash and his passive, Energize. Crystal Slash does a quick, point-blank AOE and empowers the ability if it hits. Empowered casts will do bonus damage and slow (making successive uses really useful for sticking to his target). His passive causes his spells to cool down faster each time he auto-attacks - a natural combination with the empowered Crystal Slash.

Properly utilizing Skarner's passive is central to his gameplay as a whole. For example, Skarner's ability Crystalline Exoskeleton puts up a shield that grants additional movement and attack speed while it's up. The bonus attack speed will help greatly decrease the cooldown time of his abilities, leading to additional Crystal Slashes or more uptime on this steroid.

Skarner's marquee ability is Impale. This ultimate causes him to skewer an opponent with his tail and drag them around for a few seconds. The positional manipulation of the ability can turn a teamfight by peeling an enemy off of a wounded ally, or dragging a greedy enemy into a tower.

Players have been asking for another monster champion for a while, so we're happy to deliver Skarner, our own weaponized arachnid.
this guy sounds so cool. impale sounds like itll be a lot of fun, like singe's grab but with more control over where the opponent will wind up.

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
this guy sounds so cool. impale sounds like itll be a lot of fun, like singe's grab but with more control over where the opponent will wind up.
Agreed, its basically a 100% guaranteed kill if you latch on and drag into a turret.

wrote this for my LoL team to consult in regards to the jungle (i jungle for my team) for when i'm not available. removed sensitive information about the team and i decided to publish it for the greater public

here

hmm how hard is it to pick up LoL if you're a dota veteran?
LoL is easier to play because there's no denying and people's roles are a bit more defined - one thing you may have to get used to is the importance of using items to maximize one or two stats as opposed to items that in other MOBAs would increase overall ability (because LoL doesn't have the STR/AGI/INT system).

If you've played DotA, you can probably pick up LoL very quickly. The basics are the same: last hit, last hit, last hit, don't overextend.

For anyone who's interested, I'm attempting to compile an item tier list, and we need as many community opinions as possible to make this work.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/theorycrafting/item-tier-list-7029

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yo thorns you missed a champ from your list

Jungle Taric

Does work.

Tyler was a nob and sold all his AP items because he is a nob

That was a strong game

I was greatly enjoying rushing in with no real regard to the consequences given our team composition

For some reason the less intelligently we set-up the more likely we are to win i dont even. it was almost as awesome as that game we had 3 mid and a jungler and also still somehow won

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
down 30 kills and still win np

yi the man putting the team on his back even while worthless alex goes flying into the trashcan repeatedly

Kinneas, was that ranked? I have about that many wins normally. I also asked because I have never heard of Jax or MF in ranked because there are more viable options.

Also, thank you Thorns, that is a really neat guide. I like how simple it is, yet it explains the benefits to each jungler and what makes them good!

pookar

Banned deucer.
k so i just hit L20. gonna buy some runes. my main niggas are Nasus Rammus(lane but isy said i should learn jungle) Annie (if we "need" AP carry). Obviously if i jungle rammus i should get his runes first, but if i dont, what runes would benefit me most from getting for the champ? and also any suggestions? reading guides mostly says "get this one and the others are personal preference" so idk

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Instead of buying runes for one champion, you should get runes that have the most general use. Armor and Magic Penetration Marks, Armor and MP5 Seals, Cooldown and Magic Resist Glyphs, and HP Quints (Armor and Magic Pen are good too).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)