5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

They do not need to be level 50 to check; I use Pokemon from Victory Road and have no problem (They're usually 37-40). Your problem is elsewhere. Can you list all the info you have in your DS Parameters window?

Afterwards I decided to increase the ranges (I've tried it before but I got a result this time).

Would the second one be my stats that I put into the RNG reporter?

It just seems strange that my GxStat isn't 6.

I seem to be coming across a problem. I'm trying to breed a naive shiny regenerator mienshao with IVs 31/30/30/31/31/31.
MY Parents' IVs (Mother and Father respectively) are 31/30/30/31/27/27 and
31/31/31/17/31/31

I've put in the specified parameters (31/30/30/31/31/31, 50%Male/Female, Ditto parent, Everstone nature, and ability one) n the time finder.
I've searched through about 4 complete years and nothing has popped up. Could I be doing something, or is it that hard to find a good shiny egg spread.

I figured there would be a seed that was Fe/Fe/Fe/31/31/31 or Ma/Fe/Fe/31/31/31 or some other variation of it to yield the desired IVs. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks

Afterwards I decided to increase the ranges (I've tried it before but I got a result this time).

Keep the original "Seed Encryption Variables" range and expand your IV range by +/- 2.

Why are you starting up at 0 seconds? You realize that means you have to set the clock to 15:19 and wait an entire minute for it to hit 15:20:00?

I seem to be coming across a problem. I'm trying to breed a naive shiny regenerator mienshao with IVs 31/30/30/31/31/31.
MY Parents' IVs (Mother and Father respectively) are 31/30/30/31/27/27 and
31/31/31/17/31/31

I've put in the specified parameters (31/30/30/31/31/31, 50%Male/Female, Ditto parent, Everstone nature, and ability one) n the time finder.
I've searched through about 4 complete years and nothing has popped up. Could I be doing something, or is it that hard to find a good shiny egg spread.

I figured there would be a seed that was Fe/Fe/Fe/31/31/31 or Ma/Fe/Fe/31/31/31 or some other variation of it to yield the desired IVs. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks
Use 2 or 3 keypresses (5th gen DS parameters setup), everstone helps and perhaps get a foreign flawless Ditto (you're not using a flawless Ditto why?).

When finding my Parameters am I supposed to go into the game anytime during that second or do I have to hit A in the same way each time like trying to hit a seed on Gen4?

When finding my Parameters am I supposed to go into the game anytime during that second or do I have to hit A in the same way each time like trying to hit a seed on Gen4?
As long as you hit A from the clock screen at the correct second you should be fine. Standard seeds don't use delay so there's not much precision needed.

Keep in mind that standard (non c-gear) can only be done on a DS original/DS Lite and the default parameter search setup works for retail cartridges not flashcards or emulators.

I know my Acekard runs on DS mode, I get the exact Vcount and Timer0 via AR codes, but the problem is that I still don't get results on the DS parameter search. I just need to know that it's still impossible to RNG on a DSi, even if Acekard runs on DS mode.
I need confirmation of this. I have tested out the AR codes when my DS lite was usable, and they work btw.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I need confirmation of this. I have tested out the AR codes when my DS lite was usable, and they work btw.
The other parameters can actually be different on a flash cart as well. That could be your problem. As far as not working even though it's DS mode, I would say it probably wouldn't know the difference and it is possible. That's just an opinion though.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If a Japanese Pokemon evolves on an English cart and its name changes to an English one, is it still considered an foreign Pokemon?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If a Japanese Pokemon evolves on an English cart and its name changes to an English one, is it still considered an foreign Pokemon?
I believe it is still considered Japanese. It's not the name that does it, it's a flag in the pokemon's info.

The other parameters can actually be different on a flash cart as well. That could be your problem. As far as not working even though it's DS mode, I would say it probably wouldn't know the difference and it is possible. That's just an opinion though.
Possible but I've expanded the search for some and nothing. I'll try everything, but I don't want to end up with random parameters that don't work. (Happened to me once before...)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I use an Acekard 2i myself. For me my parameters are:
VCount - 60-70
Timer0 - D00-F00
GxStat - 6
VFrame 7
Second diff. - +8

The last three have never changed for me btw. Is your card set to boot the last game played automatically? It really helps by making it much more consistent. I have to recalibrate very often though.

By the way, where did you get the codes to see your VCount and Timer0? Are they in the default cheats? If not could you either post or PM them to me? Thanks.

I use an Acekard 2i myself. For me my parameters are:
VCount - 60-70
Timer0 - D00-F00
GxStat - 6
VFrame 7
Second diff. - +8

The last three have never changed for me btw. Is your card set to boot the last game played automatically? It really helps by making it much more consistent. I have to recalibrate very often though.

By the way, where did you get the codes to see your VCount and Timer0? Are they in the default cheats? If not could you either post or PM them to me? Thanks.
Did this before, but often get 4 results. (None which have at least 3-4 seconds from starting time) You are using a DSi, correct?

Also they're for Japanese B/W. I'm not sure if I can convert them to US. (And still, it might not work for US versions)

Red

Fixed. ;)
My definition of click is to firmly press down for roughly 15 seconds, idk about you. A hold would be like a WWE Death grip to pin down for 1 full minute, imo. xD

I have experiance button mashing from SSB, so I apoligize for this error.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Did this before, but often get 4 results. (None which have at least 3-4 seconds from starting time) You are using a DSi, correct?

Also they're for Japanese B/W. I'm not sure if I can convert them to US. (And still, it might not work for US versions)
No using a Lite. I'm sorry if I didn't realize that you're using a DSi because I've only checked the last page or two. But I find it odd that you can't even find a single result that works...

JP only codes eh? Bleh. Thanks anyways.

Im sorry but can anyone tell me how you can rng a ditto in the giant chasm? I know its been said beforebut i dont feel like going back like 20 pages. Any help is appreciated.

I'm trying to do a shiny capture on frame 1, PID frame 88 in Wellspring Cave but can't find my initial PID frame. Is there a particular range that I should be looking within for my starting PID frame when doing a wild encounter? I am used to breeding where the starting frame is somewhere around 40-60 but I'm getting PID results that don't show up until well into the hundreds when I sweet scent as soon as the game starts and the ivs confirm that I hit my seed. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or if I need more info in it. Any help is much appreciated.

I'm trying to do a shiny capture on frame 1, PID frame 88 in Wellspring Cave but can't find my initial PID frame. Is there a particular range that I should be looking within for my starting PID frame when doing a wild encounter? I am used to breeding where the starting frame is somewhere around 40-60 but I'm getting PID results that don't show up until well into the hundreds when I sweet scent as soon as the game starts and the ivs confirm that I hit my seed. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or if I need more info in it. Any help is much appreciated.
On the RNG reporter there is an option, calculate Initial PID Frame. Do that first, then look at the PID around the calculated initial PID frame. You can do this for breeding which also makes it easier.

On the RNG reporter there is an option, calculate Initial PID Frame. Do that first, then look at the PID around the calculated initial PID frame. You can do this for breeding which also makes it easier.
I have been doing that but for some reason what I am catching doesn't show up for another 500 frames and yet the ivs seemed to match up. (At least the range I have at Lv. 20 makes it look like they do.) It didn't seem like I was missing my seed but is that most likely the problem?

EDIT: never mind. It turns out my starting frame was one earlier than the calc gave me. Thank you for your help. :)

Are there minimum requirements for a computer to run RNG Reporter? I tried running it in my XP Partition to no avail, it kept telling me there was an error and gave me a code, but I didn't look it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)