5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Are there minimum requirements for a computer to run RNG Reporter? I tried running it in my XP Partition to no avail, it kept telling me there was an error and gave me a code, but I didn't look it up.
Requirements? Not really. Any processor can do the tasks, it's just a matter of how fast they can do it. RAM is usually the limiting factor. The amount it takes up depends on the search you're performing. In general, the more results you get, the more RAM it takes to store those results.

Can you post the text from the error? We can determine what caused it from that.

is it possible to RNG breed a genderless pokemon? if so if you breed it with ditto, which is the male and which is the female? if not what do you breed it with?

Can you use PokeRNG to search for seeds in 5th Gen, or can it only be used for 4th and 3rd Gen?

is it possible to RNG breed a genderless pokemon? if so if you breed it with ditto, which is the male and which is the female? if not what do you breed it with?
I didn't know this either (until I asked), but the Ditto is the Female in Genderless Breeding.

There are very few genderless Pokemon that can be bred.
The Porygons, Electrode, Voltorb, Manaphy, and Ditto are the only ones that come to mind.

The non-ditto is the male, while Ditto is taken the female I believe...?

Can you use PokeRNG to search for seeds in 5th Gen, or can it only be used for 4th and 3rd Gen?

I didn't know this either (until I asked), but the Ditto is the Female in Genderless Breeding.
4th and 3rd only.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Damn. Searching for Shiny Wild Seeds takes forever.

Is there any other faster way to search for seeds, other than the regular way?
Not really. The search is actually incredibly fast if you had any idea what went into it. The size of the numbers alone makes each calculation take about 4x as long as a similar calculation in 4th gen.

Not really. The search is actually incredibly fast if you had any idea what went into it. The size of the numbers alone makes each calculation take about 4x as long as a similar calculation in 4th gen.
I don't disagree, but the speed of Shiny Eggs and Regular Wild Seeds make it seem so slow in comparison.

Ok I need serious help. I've been Sweet Scenting pokemon in Wellspring cave, and here's what I got. I check the date numerous times, tried a couple seconds before and after, checked the IV's via Pokecheck, checked my MAC address, EVERYTHING. and yet when I hit search, it comes up empty.

Please help if I'm doin something wrong.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You sure you entered time correctly?

Also, you could have had a button held down when you started the game, if you've already calibrated you should know your parameter range and thus decrease the parameter range.

Have you calibrated before? If not, I suggest you go watch a youtube vid on the subject :)

Does using a female Pokemon for breeding with a Ditto mess up the resultant IVs of the offspring? Today's the first time I've bred with a female Pokemon with a ditto, and it's also the first time I've gotten all the right natures (while trying to find my starting frame) with none of the right IVs. The only thing I can think is that the Ditto acts as the male of the pair, which is strange because I always thought of it being the female even with another female Pokemon, since in 4th Gen even with a female Ditto was the one to hold an Everstone. Is this so?

You sure you entered time correctly?

Also, you could have had a button held down when you started the game, if you've already calibrated you should know your parameter range and thus decrease the parameter range.

Have you calibrated before? If not, I suggest you go watch a youtube vid on the subject :)
Ya I entered time correctly, and I made sure I wasn't holding any buttons down. I watched Bearfan's video's, and still nothin :(

One thing is, you do NOT need completely specific IVs to figure out your info. Every time I've calibated and thought I had it wrong because my IV range wasn't small enough, I found out it was something else. Just capture pokemon at Victory Road and input their IVs as they are; don't waste time finding them out perfectly.

Also--and I've made this surprisingly simple mistake too--you are using White Version (English) right? Because that's really the only thing I can think that's off, unless you're using a DSi or something. Sorry I can't be of more help :/

One thing is, you do NOT need completely specific IVs to figure out your info. Every time I've calibated and thought I had it wrong because my IV range wasn't small enough, I found out it was something else. Just capture pokemon at Victory Road and input their IVs as they are; don't waste time finding them out perfectly.

Also--and I've made this surprisingly simple mistake too--you are using White Version (English) right? Because that's really the only thing I can think that's off, unless you're using a DSi or something. Sorry I can't be of more help :/
Meh I'm not that far in the game. I have 1 badge :P anyways ya It's white (english) and on a DS Lite

Is there anything special about breeding Drilburs? I can't seem to RNG this guy on my pokemon black. I have 2 flawless parents, ones ditto and international with an everstone. I have all the right boxes checked, but every egg I hatch isn't anywhere in my list of potential frames.

EDIT: and I've tried several different seeds

Is there anything special about breeding Drilburs? I can't seem to RNG this guy on my pokemon black. I have 2 flawless parents, ones ditto and international with an everstone. I have all the right boxes checked, but every egg I hatch isn't anywhere in my list of potential frames.

EDIT: and I've tried several different seeds

No, it's the same as any other breed. Have you verified that you're hitting the right seed? You said you have all the right boxes checked but I might as well ask; do you have the Method box on Breeding (BW International)?

No, it's the same as any other breed. Have you verified that you're hitting the right seed? You said you have all the right boxes checked but I might as well ask; do you have the Method box on Breeding (BW International)?
I'm actually on PPRNG, but yeah everything is right. I did a larvitar just before attempting this one and everything worked fine. Maybe I'll switch a parent or something. I know I'm hitting the right time, perhaps my timer0 is fluctuating, although it's never done so before.

Have you verified that you're hitting your seed by checking its ivs though? If the ivs match up ,the problem isn't your timer0. If they don't then your timer0 is probably sticking it to you.

Have you verified that you're hitting your seed by checking its ivs though? If the ivs match up ,the problem isn't your timer0. If they don't then your timer0 is probably sticking it to you.
I'm checking IVs, nature, gender and ability and they don't match up to any of the frames in my seed. But I know I'm pressing everything right, (I mean, it's only down to the second on B/W), that's why I think it might be my Timer0.

Red

I'm checking IVs, nature, gender and ability and they don't match up to any of the frames in my seed. But I know I'm pressing everything right, (I mean, it's only down to the second on B/W), that's why I think it might be my Timer0.
I have heard sometimes certain keypresses automatically gives you a certain Timer0, but I am unsure. Are you saving when you get the egg? or are you obtaining the egg and then going to the place where you want to hatch it, and hatch?

I have heard sometimes certain keypresses automatically gives you a certain Timer0, but I am unsure. Are you saving when you get the egg? or are you obtaining the egg and then going to the place where you want to hatch it, and hatch?
I'm saved in front of the daycare man. I get the egg, take it to hatch location and hatch. Nothing lines up with what I have. It's so weird, I've tried tons of different seeds.

Red

I'm saved in front of the daycare man. I get the egg, take it to hatch location and hatch. Nothing lines up with what I have. It's so weird, I've tried tons of different seeds.
I've seen you do breeding and stuff before. This is no diffrent. By what I've seen you are doing everything correctly. Sometimes, lol you just have to drop Pokemon down for a little while and do other things. Maybe when you pick it back up by tommorow morning, you can get it.

there could be many human errors you could have made, etc.

Or... Are you getting the same IV's consitantly? That is the biggest indicator your are hitting your other timer0

I've seen you do breeding and stuff before. This is no diffrent. By what I've seen you are doing everything correctly. Sometimes, lol you just have to drop Pokemon down for a little while and do other things. Maybe when you pick it back up by tommorow morning, you can get it.

there could be many human errors you could have made, etc.

Or... Are you getting the same IV's consitantly? That is the biggest indicator your are hitting your other timer0
Yeah, I tried the same seed several times and I'm getting the same drilbur but he's nowhere to be seen on my list of frames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)