• 7-8 -> Comment why

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 9 -> Comment why

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 10 -> I love you

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
9001th Stall Team

So, I made another stall team last week, and I wanted to post it here. The main reason i made this was to test Sub Toxic Jirachi and see if it really works. It (the team) is working really fine for me, but when I look at it I feel something is wrong or I'm missing something (lol), so I would really love some rate and feedback on it.

Team Bulding

Ok, I already told I was planning to test Sub Toxic Jirachi, so, my obvious first pokemon was... Wobb... joke.

Next, I would like some defensive thingy that could resist Fire and Ground and setup on some Jirachi checks' face. My choice was between ResTalk Gyarados or SubRoost Dragonite, but I opt for the later because Jirachi resists Ice and can't take many powerful Eletric atacks.

Since SubToxic Jirachi and SubTail Nite are some of the most switch-causing sets on the current metagame, I was really in need to take advantage of this, so as a common stall team i would like some entry hazards. Skamory was the first thing comming to mind, giving another useful Ground imunity and checking many physical threats my team would otherwise fail to, such as Excadrill. As a bonus, Skarmory could force even more switches with Whirlwind.

I find it hard to make a stall team without abusing to the infamous pink blob. I had weakness to both Fire and Eletric (types that are usually special), and I also had Skarmory, and SkarmBliss is probably the most annoying and useful defensive core. Give me a reason to don't throw it here. Blissey was a no-brainer.

Although it seems a strange choice to use another Normal pokemon while I already had Blissey, but Porygon2 was a great choice. Everyone that has faced a good one nowadays know how it's a beast. While giving me another annoying and ragequit inducer set in Sub Recover, Porygon also checks some prominent threaths to my team, including DD Dragons with a fire move such as Nite and Mence, Taunt Gyarados, NP Taunt Thundurus and others I can't remember right now.

Ok, now I had 5 pokemon. The last pokemon, to fill the remaining weaknesses. Probably the most prominent ones were Focus Blast Reuniclus and Hidden Power Fire Espeon. a Bulky SD Scizor could do well against Reuniclus, but I don't know if it could kill espeon with an unboosted bullet punch (gonna calc), and it would overall add another already troublesome fire weakness. BandTar could be a good choice, but Dragonite hates sandstorm. I was unsure on what should i get, when a very strange choice came to my mind. A Sub Disable Gengar.

So, how is a Gengar suposed to fit on a stall team? Good question, even I don't know. Strangely enough, it was working. It couldnt safely switch into Espeon and Reuniclus cause of Psychic, but it was easy to revenge kill. Substitute the Psychic, Disable, Substitute again and bang, Reuniclus were unable to touch me. Only problem was that if Espeon had some few Calm Minds under his belt, he could outdamage my Shadow Ball with Hidden Power Fire (rofl?).

Even then, it was working enough well, he cleaned up some late-games, did a good job for Espeon and Reuniclus and all I wanted. Then I realized some flaws on my team. I would want both Spikes and Stealth Rock, and i didn't got a dedicated Stealth Rock user, so I needed to run it on Blissey or Jirachi. Problem is, nor Jirachi nor Blissey had a free moveset, so it was hard to fit SR into the team. SR outclass Spikes IMO, so I also played a few games with only SR on Skarm, but I didn't did enough well. After lot of time thinking and testing, thinking and testing, thinking and testing... I finally came up with the perfect pokemon to fit Gengar's spot: Claydol. He gave me all I was in need (Check to Espeon and Reuniclus and Stealth Rock support) and also gave me Rapid Spin Support, a Fighting resist and a Ground immunity. I made my own designed moveset for it to fit on my team.

Moveset Explanation

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

So, the cute little deadly annoying pokemon I made the team around (not exactly did, but suposed to) So, if you're thinking about using this set on your team, I really recommend. With proper support, it's a real real beast. In one game or two, it may seem to work like any Jirachi, but when you face a team that is not prepared for it or you can save it until late game, be ready to pwn. In almost any bulky and/or fast pokemon, Sub Toxic is already annoying, but now imagine it on a pokemon that from this three things, is all: bulky, very bulky (100/100/100, nuff said); relatively fast (outspeed many defensive pokemons and even some offensive ones); and the signature, got a STAB attack with 60% flinch rate, this mean, 60% of the time I'm be able to rack up even more poison damage and annoy even more my opponent. Substitute, Toxic and Iron Head are already explained, and Fire Punch deals with most non-Heatran steel types that are immune to Toxic and resist Iron Head, such as Ferrothorn.

Best Team Synergy: Dragonite, Blissey

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
- Substitute
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

My second pokemon, Dragonite is always a pain to (try to) take down; 91/95/100 defenses are nothing to scoff at, while Multiscale and Sub+Roost+DTail make him annoying as this guy. :happybrain: Switch on something that can't hit me, Substitute as enemy gets a counter in, Dragon Tail off the counter as he breaks my Substitute and if hopefully another pokemon that can threat me gets in, Substitute, Roost if possible and repeat the process. With entry hazards and Toxics by my other pokemons, chances are: My opponent will ragequit. Substitute, Roost and Dragon Tail already explained, and since I didn't need a stat move since I already got some toxics on my team, Earthquake was a filler, and I already catched or weakened a lot of unawared steel types such as Heatran with ballon breaked and Jirachi.

Best Team Synergy: Jirachi, Blissey, Claydol, Porygon2

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roar

Standart Skarmory set, check to many physical threats such as Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Terrakion and another over 9000. Roost obviously to recover health and keep alive, Spikes is a great form of entry hazard (in fact, all forms of entry hazards are great) and Skarmory is a great settuper of it, Brave Bird as my STAB attack to kill things such as Breelom and Conkeldurr, and Roar to phaze enemies away, causing even more hazard damage (over Whirlwind just for lolz :p).

Best Team Synergy: Blissey, Claydol, Porygon2

Joy (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Another standart one. Blissey is incredible awesome at taking special attacks and isn't even 2HKOed by any unboosted special attacked thrown at it (non super effective ones normaly wont even 3HKO assuming lefties) and many boosted ones. With Skamory, makes probably the best defensive core out there. Wish and Protect to keep herself healthy, Toxic obviously to spread poison and cripple Nite, Haxor, and many other common switches. I usually run Flamethrower on Blissey, but this time it wasnt really needed since i already had Fire Punch on Jirachi.

Best Team Synergy: Pretty much all of them

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Recover

Although it appears to be the standart one, Substitute changes all. Even more than a defensive pivot to some counters like Gyarados and Dragonite, this Porygon2 is a incredible annoyance stalling with Substitute and Recover. BoltBeam, while being one of the best super-effective move core out there, hits super-effective and OH or 2HKO Thundurus, Gyarados, Salamence, Dragonite, Gliscor, Landorus and others.

Best Team Synergy: Dragonite, Skarmory, Blissey

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 112 SAtk / 156 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball

So, Claydol won the disputed spot. I was trying to mix Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock and ability to counter Espeon and Reuniclus in one set. I ended up with this. Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock are self-explanatory, taking hazards away of the field (especially usefull for Nite) and setting up the easiest-to-setup entry hazard of his own. Calm Mind and Shadow Ball are made to check non-Shadow Ball Espeon and Reuniclus, since you can Calm Mind alongside them, resist their stabs and their coverage moves (or at least be neutral) and kill them with a super effective shadow ball

Best Team Synergy: Dragonite, Skarmory, Blissey

Aerodactyl - Skarmory
Breloom - A bit trickier since I need to let a poke to sleep. But after sleep clause is activated it's easy, Dragonite beats non Stone Edge variants and Skarmory beats all another ones
Conkeldurr - Dragonite beats non Stone Edge variantes, Claydol beats non Payback variants, Skarmory beats both
Darmanitan - Never faced one, but heres how I would beat him IMO: Life Orb sets are trickier and I would need to switch well enough, making he die to Recoil and Life Orb; Choice Band set I need to scout the first move and them I would play according to the move he's locked into
Deoxys-S - Outside of lead position, his most threatening set is the Sub Toxic, and Jirachi can beat him IMO
Dragonite - Skarmory
Empoleon - Blissey, nuff said
Espeon - Claydol
Excadrill - Skarmory
Gengar - Jirachi
Gyarados - Porygon2
Haxorus - Skarmory
Heatran - Blissey, Porygon2, Nite for some variants
Heracross - Skarmory, Nite for some variants
Hydreigon - Skarmory
Infernape - Dragonite, some variants are a bit trickier
Jirachi - Impossible to fully counter this dude, but my own jirachi beats most special or defensive sets and Skarmory beats more physical ones
Jolteon - Porygon2 traces Volt Absorb, nuff said
Kingdra - Not too trickier anymore without Swift Swim, and Skarmory beats him IMO
Kyurem - IDK If it can kill Blissey with Specs FB, but Jirachi also checks non Hidden Power Fire variants
Landorus - Porygon2
Latios - Blissey (I need to watch out for Trick)
Lilligant - Another trickier due to sleep, but after he's revealed Jirachi can take on all non-HP Fire variants, Nite and Skarm can beat non HP Ice variants, Porygon2 and Blissey (not sure) can beat both
Lucario - Dragonite beats physical variants lacking Ice Punch, special variants are a problem IMO
Machamp - A bit trickier due to confusion, but is beat by Skarmory
Magnezone - I can switch out of this guy, lol, if i could Blissey is probably my best bet
Mamoswine - Skarmory, Jirachi
Metagross - Skarmory
Mienshao - Skarmory, Nite
Reuniclus - Claydol
Roserade - Trickier due to Sleep Powder, but after clause is activated Blissey can beat her and Claydol can come later to spin away TS
Salamence - Skarmory beats non fire attack variants, Porygon beats all of them
Sawsbuck - Skarmory
Scizor - Skarmory, Jirachi IMO
Scrafty - Skarmory, Dragonite
Shaymin - Trickier due to SpDef drops, but Blissey and Dragonite can beat it
Sigilyph - Never faced one, when I do I will post here
Smeargle - Is there a counter to Smeargle? Lul
Starmie - Blissey, Prob Jirachi
Terakion - Skarmory
Thundurus - Porygon2
Tornadus - Porygon2 or Blissey IMO
Tyranitar - Jirachi and Skarmory for some variants. The rare Boah can be trickier.
Venusaur - Porygon2 and Nite beats most variants
Victini - Very trickier, since its used to hit and run. At full health and with rocks down, Nite can easily take a V-Create
Virizion - Skarmory
Volcarona - Blissey, Dragonite can also beat non HP Ice variants
Weavile - Skarmory, Jirachi
Zoroark - A bit trickier due to Illusion, but with Wi-Fi clause is easier to know when its really it, and Jirachi can beat him IMO

The End

So yeah, here it is, I would really like feedback and rate; dont worry, keyboard won't bite you ;)

Hey,

This is an okay team. I have actually tried out a Sub Toxic Jirachi before and I find it to be innefective. I think a much better idea is to use Toxic Spikes on this team. Claydol is by far the weak link on this team, so I suggest using a Roserade in it's place. Perhaps a Sub CM Jirachi could work over your current Jirachi set, this lets you get up free turns of set up because of Toxic Spikes. Your Porygon seems strange, Thunder Wave is very important becuase Multi Scale Dragonite will still set up on you, also because of no leftovers Porygon sorely hates Substitute. I see a big weakness in the form of Trick Room Reuniclus. I think perhaps a Scizor would work in place of Dragonite, since it provides a similar role and can check Reuniclus with a spread of 240 HPl40 Atkl228 SDef and an Adamant nature. Mixed Dragons also seem problematic and you need a spin blocker so using a Gengar over Porygon 2 will give you improved results. Finally I see a large weakness to Conkeldurr, it sets up on most of your pokemon and can even beat Skarm. I suggest running Latias over Blissey. It has a bigger offensive presence and is another phazer. Running a set of Dragon Pulse/Psychic/Roar/Recover will give you a nice special wall. I think trying out these changes will greatly improve this team, good luck!

Hey there.

As The Tyranitar stated, Sub Toxic Jirach is pretty ineffective in this metagame. I would recommend changing it to the standard special wall set, as that can beat Reuniclus and Espeon much better than Claydol can.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
- Protect
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

40 speed evs are recommended so you can outspeed standard Nasty Plot Celebi. With Wish and Protect on Jirachi, it can become a self sufficient wall.

Now that Jirachi has Wish + Protect, replace Wish and Protect on Blissey with Softboiled and Aromatherapy. Keeping your pokemon status free is very important in stall.

With Jirachi taking care of Reuniclus and Espeon, you can replace Claydol with a Forretress. This would also give you Toxic Spikes support, which would help your pokemon, especially Porygon2, stall out the opponent's team even easier.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 14 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Speed)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Volt Switch is chosen because it will allow you to gain momentum, being able to scout their switch to spinblockers, namely Jellicent, and send in a pokemon, such as Porygon2 to counter it. Toxic Spikes support is very beneficial in a stall team, hindering sweepers and walls alike.

Finally, one minor note: Change Roar on Skarmory with Whirlwind. It's not that big of a deal, but since Whirlwind hits Soundproof pokemon, there's no reason to not use it over Roar.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll test these tips out. Also, Oz, Forretress 252/252/14? About the Roar, lol, it's just a joke, I don't think of any soundproof pokemon that poses a threat outside of Electrode, and it got almost no use in this gen since Poli now got Drizzle

If I'm being honest, I don't see why you're running Skarmory + Claydol instead of Forretress + Anything Else. Forry can spin and sets up both Stealth Rock and Spikes, as well as Toxic Spikes if absolutely necessary. I'd recommend running a SpD Heatran in the spare slot, since it can use Stealth Rock and let Forretress run dual Spikes, Rapid Spin and an attack, and since it synergises well with Forretress and Jirachi in general. In this vein, I'd also give Jirachi Ice Punch instead of Fire Punch so that you can deal with opposing Dragonite and Gliscor more effectively, who both threaten your team significantly once Porygon2 is removed.

If your not using an attack on Blissey, why not use Chansey? Same set, more all around bulk. Yea, loss of lefties sucks but the added bulk is really worth it.

So yeah, I tried many of those changes and I prefered MasterOfOz's ones. I basically switched my Jirachi set for a standart Special Wall, switched Claydol for a TS SR Forry and also switched my Porygon2 for a Dusclops, since they are counters for about the same pokes, and since I was running all hazards, a spinblocker really was a must. It's working even better than before. Thanks (:

hey nice team but i found that taunt can really give this team problems, i suggest using a choice user/magic mirror poke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)