Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting closer lol

is there a similar list customized for each pokemon and including how they're able to learn each attack?

basically the big list you see after you type a pokemon's name into PO, but exportable.

getting closer lol

is there a similar list customized for each pokemon and including how they're able to learn each attack?

basically the big list you see after you type a pokemon's name into PO, but exportable.
Well, that same site has a search bar in the upper right corner, where you can type in whatever Pokemon's name, and it will tell you what you want to know, I don't know about exportable though. :?

For a Genesect (DW obviously), what's a good move besides Flamethrower to use on the standard Timid Scarf set alongside U-Turn + BoltBeam? Also, what move do I use on CM Keldio besides Hydro Pump and Secret Sword (not HP-Ice)?
u can try bug buzz on the genesect and hp electric or hp dark on the keldeo

Yes. I would never use Brick Break and EQ together because it seems extremely redundant. Run Rock Slide+EQ and you'll be able to hit Ice/Flying types (Salamence, Weavile, et cetera). The only reason I'd see to run Brick Break is if you were deathly afraid of TTar. Earthquake and Rock Slide are more effective than Earthquake and Brick Break (at least in my opinion).
FERROTHORN. That is the only reason to run Brick Break, but its the only one it needs.

Hey guys this is my first post and I am just trying to figure out where to start. I have no idea about competitive pokemon playing and what anyone is talking about on this website. It all sounds like french to me. if someone can point me in the right direction on how to get started or what I should do that would be awesome.

@Ironic Trout: In most cases, we'd suggest you'd go sign up for Battling 101 but due to, um, recent events (you won't understand for a while), the next session won't be happening for quite a while. You might want to read this for now. It's a bit outdated, but it's still helpful. In case you didn't know, Smogon enforces a free Pokmeon battling simulator called Pokemon Online; you can get it here.
EDIT: Darnit, I was Accelgor'd.

Well, that same site has a search bar in the upper right corner, where you can type in whatever Pokemon's name, and it will tell you what you want to know, I don't know about exportable though. :?
ah, thank you, the search bar does work

and, yes, it is copy-pastable and thus able to be placed in excel

i will have to perform multiple searches for each poke if i want to include how the moves can be learned, but this is more than good enough for now. thanks!

There's a bit of a wait time in searching in Smogon. To bypass that, search smogon "pokemon name" into google. That way you don't have to wait.

Was thinking about a BP that has bulk but also great speed and came up with this on the spur of the moment:

Drifblim
Unburden
Flying Gem
Jolly
- Acrobatics
- Stockpile
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Not sure on the EVs. Use Acrobatic and get the flying gem to activate and Unburden doubling my speed. Then go for Sub and stockpile to boost defenses while I BP when the time is right.

Only problem is that should I be more concern w/ Drifblim's lackluster defenses or should I max HP and dump a hefty amount of EV's into speed to maximize the HP in the sub's and outspeed base 100 and up scarfers.

So, I dont know if this has been asked or not, but I have a small question about Mold Breaker. I know it negates abilities that prevent attacks from working, such as it stopping Levitate from nullifying Earthquake. My question is, does it only do it on one pokemon at a time? Let me explain. When you send out a pokemon with Mold Breaker, (for this example, Rampardos) it shows a message that "Rampardos has Mold Breaker." Now, lets say Rampardos is facing a Magnezone. Rampardos goes for Earthquake. Magnezone switches out to Latios, who has Levitate. Does Mold Breaker still work on Latios' Levitate? Or is it similar to Intimidate in the fact that it only works on the pokemon that was out when the "has Mold Breaker" message was shown?

So, I dont know if this has been asked or not, but I have a small question about Mold Breaker. I know it negates abilities that prevent attacks from working, such as it stopping Levitate from nullifying Earthquake. My question is, does it only do it on one pokemon at a time? Let me explain. When you send out a pokemon with Mold Breaker, (for this example, Rampardos) it shows a message that "Rampardos has Mold Breaker." Now, lets say Rampardos is facing a Magnezone. Rampardos goes for Earthquake. Magnezone switches out to Latios, who has Levitate. Does Mold Breaker still work on Latios' Levitate? Or is it similar to Intimidate in the fact that it only works on the pokemon that was out when the "has Mold Breaker" message was shown?
It works on every Pokémon that Mold Breaker affects (Earthquaking their Levitate will always work, no matter the Pokémon).

@Ironic Trout: In most cases, we'd suggest you'd go sign up for Battling 101 but due to, um, recent events (you won't understand for a while), the next session won't be happening for quite a while. You might want to read this for now. It's a bit outdated, but it's still helpful. In case you didn't know, Smogon enforces a free Pokmeon battling simulator called Pokemon Online; you can get it here.
EDIT: Darnit, I was Accelgor'd.

How long is 'quite a while'? I really would like to get started as fast as possible.

just a quick question about the battle subway- ive gotten a 14 winning streak on the single train but it still wont let me on to super doubles- why is that?

Just a question -- how successful can be a Togekiss (with Serene Grace, always) with Baton Pass, AncientPower, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, and a defensive Nature and EV spread?

Just a question -- how successful can be a Togekiss (with Serene Grace, always) with Baton Pass, AncientPower, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, and a defensive Nature and EV spread?
I dont see why u would give him baton pass if u barely give him stat boosters ? (i could also just misunderstand tho)
Other then that , Togekiss is imo very ice in a defensive way , but i would always look for a healing move (i believe it has roost)

1 Question .
Smogon has been the best site to plan teams on for diamond and pearl , with a review on almost al pokemons.
Now with black and white live smogon is kinda 'outdated' , meaning it doesnt have much info on those new pokemons ( on the forum , but spread around everywhere)
So i was wondering , when is smogon gonna make a black/white part on the main site as there is for dpp ?

Was thinking about a BP that has bulk but also great speed and came up with this on the spur of the moment:

Drifblim
Unburden
Flying Gem
Jolly
- Acrobatics
- Stockpile
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Not sure on the EVs. Use Acrobatic and get the flying gem to activate and Unburden doubling my speed. Then go for Sub and stockpile to boost defenses while I BP when the time is right.

Only problem is that should I be more concern w/ Drifblim's lackluster defenses or should I max HP and dump a hefty amount of EV's into speed to maximize the HP in the sub's and outspeed base 100 and up scarfers.
I'm probably not the best advice giver as i'm not a veteran in pokemon.
But in my opinion i wouldnt pump too much into defences , knowing u are gonna sub up anyways.

@Soulfly I know it's way gimmick dude, it's just a test idea ;) (and baton pass boosts in all stats isn't often a bad idea).

1 Question .
Smogon has been the best site to plan teams on for diamond and pearl , with a review on almost al pokemons.
Now with black and white live smogon is kinda 'outdated' , meaning it doesnt have much info on those new pokemons ( on the forum , but spread around everywhere)
So i was wondering , when is smogon gonna make a black/white part on the main site as there is for dpp ?
I reiterate your point: when we'll see in the Smogon main page articles about Black/White metagame and strategies? Many people don't look at the forums, only in front pages (as I was some time ago).

just a quick question about the battle subway- ive gotten a 14 winning streak on the single train but it still wont let me on to super doubles- why is that?
Too access a super train, you need to get a 21 win streak in the corresponding normal train (the singles train to access the super singles train, the doubles train to access the super doubles train). You'll know when you reach that point because you'll defeat one of the subway masters and be taken back to the central terminal when it happens.

Wrong train?

You need to beat the Subway Bosses as well as Ghetsis in order to gain access to the Super Trains.

Can Tri-Attack paralyze ground types and burn fire types? Can ice type Pokemon be Frozen? I'm sure the answer is no, but just wanna be sure and if the answer is yes, can Tri-attack freeze ice types?

Can Tri-Attack paralyze ground types and burn fire types? Can ice type Pokemon be Frozen? I'm sure the answer is no, but just wanna be sure and if the answer is yes, can Tri-attack freeze ice types?
Tri-Attack can paralyze Ground-types except Golurk, Fire-types can never be burnt, and Ice-types can be frozen through Tri-attack, according to Bulbapedia, but not through any other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)