Clothing

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Where do you shop for clothing and what are the kind of styles that you like to wear? Post cool stores too that can give you a good deal on stuff, and what brands you like.

For me, I like to think that I dress well. You can look really put together with a simple colored v-neck and a solid pair of shorts / jeans. The thing about solid v-necks is that you can pretty much do anything, and there are always a ton of nice colors. If you pick two pleasing colors that match, you look great. In the way of footwear, I always have a pair of Converse (standard color). I don't really like the look of heavily worn, "ratty" Converse, so I like to buy a new pair whenever mine begin to look worn / are wearing out. Plus they are cheap. My other go-to pair of shoes are classic Vans Slip-ons, charcoal. The neutral shoe + a beige pair of cargo shorts + a pretty colored v-neck looks really good. I also have some white skinnies, which go good as hell with a black v-neck and the Vans.

As for where I shop, I don't have a specific store. We have a factory outlet in our shitty little mall that sells quality shirts of brands like AE and stuff. You can get 3 for 20 on a good day, and the shirts last for a good while. Sometimes I go into JCPenney or something, since they have their own brand of t-shirts that are also really cheap, and last a good while as well. I also shop for jeans at JCPenney or similar stores. I don't see why people spend a hundred dollars on a pair of jeans when the thirty dollar pair looks just as good, except without the brand name. However, if I see a good deal at AE or American Apparel, then I will pick up a pair (if i need one, that is), since they tend to last more.

So, yeah. Solid colored v-necks, jeans and skinnies, Vans, Converse. What about you?

Throughout most of high school I really didn't care about how I dressed. I wasn't the type to go buy extremely generic clothes, but I'd often just go around wearing graphic t-shirt and jeans. I wasn't too terribly dressed, but just not much effort was ever put into it.

I started to get a bit more well rounded recently. I really do enjoy wearing polos or nicer shirts even if it's just a normal day of school. I still kinda off 'cause a lot of my pants are still really baggy, despite me being skinny as can be and having hair and shirts that really fit with skinny to semi tight jeans. I just don't like small pockets but I am manning up and accepting that, I 'spose.

tl;dr
But yeah, general get out is still a tee with jeans and possibly a zip up hoodie or something :/ Hopefully I'll learn to dress better as uni goes by.
Current shoes are these, by the way.

I wear different styles depending on my moods. I think thats kinda girly, but fuck it. I like clothes a lot though so I try and dress as nice as I feel like I wanna dress when I can. I hate working at jobs (like my current one) with a T-Shirt + khaki's uniform because it looks so ratty. But whatever.

I usually, like Bad Ass, rock a solid v-neck and shorts, but I fucking despise cargo shorts, so I always wear knee-high pleated or un-pleated shorts. With every outfit unless I'm wearing pants. Like, I cannot stand when my shorts go past my knees unless they are gym shorts which I usually wear in XXL because they are so fucking comfy, its like wearing a blanket (since I'm 5'10" 150 lb). I also have a slough of Polo T-shirts due to my working at their premise once upon a time so I'm not going to pass up a 3 dollar t-shirt in the nice colors they offer. Sorry. Sometimes, I've been known to put on a collared or button down (p.s. "collared" is an odd looking word) on occasion, but not so much anymore because I sleep until I have a half hour to get ready for whatever I'm doing. I also rock skinny jeans when I wear jeans, but not like jean leggings ("jeggings" as I've heard them called) skinny, but like less skinny? Idk how to describe them but they are looser than skinny jeans and tighter than regular jeans.

For shoes I pretty much have 3 types of casual shoes I wear: my flippy floppies, my Sperry's or my Converse (I have a pair of Zoo York's that are kinda like Converse, so I'm just gonna lump them in together). I can usually just use these 3 to get something decent going, but since feet gross me out I don't usually worry about it since I don't look at other peoples shoes. Also, since I don't wanna start a new paragraph for hats, I usually wear a NewEra hat, but only when I have longer hair, because when I have short hair I look like a chemo patient.

I feel like I'm kinda weird because I don't wear "one type" of clothing. Like, I can be frat-fucking-tastic when I wanna be, or I can dress down and look like a skater kid or whatever when I wanna be too. Maybe I'm just lucky. Does anyone else dress like that? Wear clothes of other "cliques" or social groups with another social group? Maybe I'm just reading too much into nothing.

My favorite stores/brands to shop at are usually just department stores like Khol's or J.C. Penny's or whatever, mostly because I'm poor. But sometimes I'll go to real store in like the mall or something. I'm not really concerned about brand names or anything as long as its a nice color and not made of shitty fabric. I used to care more in high school but now that I'm out on my own I don't really care that much, but my viewpoint on life as a whole has drastically changed since then so that's probably got something to do with it.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I usually just wear plain or graphic tees with a pair of jeans.

Sometimes if I'm feeling really gay or something I'll wear some of my sweater vests with a tie and slacks or whatever.

(I also do most of my shopping at dept. stores such as Khol's or Gordman's, whatever has a clearance rack with cheap shit)

I've always worn flame pattern bowling shirts with my spiffy shoes for occasions I consider semi formal

any other time I wear novelty tees and shorts/sweatpants

AFter coming back to the states I really need a different style fo clothes (everything I have was either issued or no design plain colors.). But in my younger years I was a military brat.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Back in high school, it was all about rocking the Nike shirt, Baggy jeans and the Nike shoes. Oh and that semi preppy American Eagle stuff. I laugh when I think about it.

I try to dress a bit better now. It's usually slim fitting jeans, or a nice pair of trousers. I've been slowly accumulating my wardrobe, and a few of my staples are plain colour tees, a cardigan, a few dress shirts I wear here and there to school. The pea coat I have I found was too big for me (after two years of wearing it), and I'm looking to get a nicer one in the fall or winter. I've been wanting a leather jacket for a while too, so I'm probably going to get one soon. Finally, I'm gonna round out my outerwear with a nice black or navy blue blazer that I can find. I found a really nice one at The Bay, but when I went back, they were all gone. Urban Outfitter's blazer doesn't look that great, so I'm going to keep looking.

I used to hate v-necks, but I found that they're actually very nice looking. I now have three (well, two are pseudo v-necks, but they do drop a bit further down than crewcuts, it's hard to explain). Looking to get a few more from Uniqlo when my brother comes back from Korea with my clothes requests.

I find that you don't have to go looking for the most expensive shirt or sweater, or pants ever. It's all about the fit. You can buy a 15 dollar shirt, get it tailored for 3-5 bucks, and make it look like a million bucks. People think they can go out and buy the nicest clothes and think they look nice; it doesn't work like that. It's all about the fit.

I'm also looking to get a few pairs of shorts, but since summer is pretty much over, and the fact that the only place I can find a decent pair of shorts, without being too baggy, being cargo pants, and being too goddamn expensive (I'm fucking looking at you American Apparel), I'm probably only gonna get one pair when I go to America later this summer.

Usually, I now shop anywhere that has clothes that look nice. American Apparel, Zara, Mexx, Aarmani Exchange (kind of pricey for a student, so I only go for a sale), Esprit (their winter stuff is great, their summer stuff is terrible). I used to like Guess, but I find that their stuff is too trashy or too flashy for me. I really wish we had J crew, or Nordstrom or Macy's in Canada, but you got to make do with what you've got.

For shoes, I've got a pair of Nike casual shoes (green and white), a pair of green Chuck Taylors (I love these), and flip flops. I only wear flip flops when I'm leaving the house for a bit, because it looks kind of trashy in my opinion. I've been wearing my Nikes less and my Chucks more. I'm looking to get a pair of Sperry's, and a nice pair from Aldo, or find a nice sale in America at Nordstrom or Macy's when I go.

And Fishy just reminded me, I fucking love scarves. I lost my nice scarf when I went to America last winter, and I've been raring to get another. Going to hit Le Chateau for a nice wool scarf, which is gonna cost me like 30 bucks.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I usually just wear plain or graphic tees with a pair of jeans.

Sometimes if I'm feeling really gay or something I'll wear some of my sweater vests with a tie and slacks or whatever.

(I also do most of my shopping at dept. stores such as Khol's or Gordman's, whatever has a clearance rack with cheap shit)
Holy crap are we similar. Even though I'm the gay one, I would never be so gay as to be caught wearing a sweater vest, but I do wear a lot of hoodies/sweaters.

Khols. Rocks. If you want any kind of graphic tees, go there.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
target used to be my entire wardrobe staple, then i got a job and money and was finally able to get to the 'check out' screen of all my nordstrom and urban outfitter shopping carts.

going through another clothes purge, just because i'm becoming more of a brand whore/good will frequenter. future paycheck is going to a chunk of items from urban outfitters, mostly different color'd thin tanks and v-necks, stuff you can layer easily for now and the coming autumn season! for a while i only wanted to wear skirts, and was rockin' three skirts i bought in an american apparel store over seas (and my first time in an AA store irl fo real), all of them high-waisted and vibrant colors.

definitely a mood-clother! this is most obvious through my color schemes, which one does always exist. i'm really specific about coordinating colors/patterns into my outfit for a day, even if it's just making sure colors will complement one another and i don't look totally thrown together at random. i used to not care about shoes, then i bought a cute pair from macy's, and then i went through the regrets of buying shoes (or clothes at all) online. oh well! ! my favorite pair of shoes is a pair of moccassins from DSW, and the right sole is tearing off but i may actually go out and buy super glue some time soon and fix that shit.

also omg autumn is coming

so in love with scarves like you don't even know~

i am an advocate of 'rolled up pastel/shade button-up over shade/pastel t-shirt'

i own like one pair of jeans because i haven't been shopping in a long time :|

i work at american apparel so unfortunately its kind of all i wear now since im loath to spend money on clothing i cant wear at work ~_~ (but i get 50% off so its p good)

i mostly just wear their dress clothing though, so many button ups/slim dress pants. its at the point where i feel kind of like a slob if i'm not wearing a collared shirt. will post pics later i guess???

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i work at american apparel so unfortunately its kind of all i wear now since im loath to spend money on clothing i cant wear at work ~_~ (but i get 50% off so its p good)

i mostly just wear their dress clothing though, so many button ups/slim dress pants. its at the point where i feel kind of like a slob if i'm not wearing a collared shirt. will post pics later i guess???
I would shop at American Apparel more, except their button ups are around 70 dollars, and I could do much better than that going to the States and buying from the discount racks at Macy's or Nordstrom. Their henleys are also a bit too long.

They've got nice t-shirts and V-necks though. And their hoodies are soft as hell.

boss sweater

bringing this gem out of my closet

at first you might think its just an ugly, 3 sizes too large sweater.. but then it gets
EVEN WORSE. like what are those? dogs, foxes, wolves...? I don't even know

i'll probably actually post later, this was just much more important or maybe my priorities are fucked??

I would shop at American Apparel more, except their button ups are around 70 dollars, and I could do much better than that going to the States and buying from the discount racks at Macy's or Nordstrom. Their henleys are also a bit too long.

They've got nice t-shirts and V-necks though. And their hoodies are soft as hell.
yeah dont get me wrong, i would never buy any of their 'fancy' shit if i didnt work there. its all of fairly poor quality and outrageously priced, but it looks pretty nice and my discount makes it affordable.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
ivysaur how dare you call boss sweater ugly, how dare you dude

on topic:

v necks, cool graphic tees, polos when im feeling like a douchebag, football (soccer for the smartass americans) jerseys for physical activities, and many many plaid shirts

skinny jeans, shorts when its hot, sometimes ill go with bootcut jeans if i think they look good but never if theyre too baggy, i just dont like baggy jeans

converse / vans / less sporty but more casual pumas and nikes sometimes, and i also love
that kind of mouccasines for more formal stuff. in summer theres also a fuckload of flip flops around so i go with those

i am a sucker for scarves (NO REY SCARF ACE) and berets too (dont ask why), currently have 4 berets (black gray white blue) and around 10 scarves for no specific reason

also love jackets, gotta loooove jackets. usually wear them all the time in winter

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
my job requires a smart-casual look, so i have a lot of shirts from places like river island and next. in fact im tempted to go clothes shopping today! jeans are pretty much all i wear in terms of trousers unless im slumming it with my beach shorts.

it hasnt always been this way, recently ive been going through my bedroom chucking out clothes - an inordinate amount of hoodies and crappy tshirts have been stuffed into binbags! these days i enjoy looking sharp.

Usually go with a solid-colored T-shirt or a striped Polo usually with cargo shorts this time of year with Nike sneakers. If it's really hot out I'll wear like gym shorts or something.

For work I wear a suit and tie, the rest of the time it's jeans and a t-shirt all the way - add a fleece jacket if it's winter.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I used to work at american eagle so the majority of my wardrobe is that shite

thought I haven't worked there since 2009 and I still shop there so yeah I like it too ^o^

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Holy crap are we similar. Even though I'm the gay one, I would never be so gay as to be caught wearing a sweater vest, but I do wear a lot of hoodies/sweaters.

Khols. Rocks. If you want any kind of graphic tees, go there.

Sweater vests are the perfect attire for when you wake up feeling like a pompous asshole and you wanna make sure the world knows it. They look a little silly on guys sometimes, but I think some girls (myself included) can pull them off well.

I own lots of hoodies too, which I mostly wear when I know what I'm wearing underneath looks like ass and I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I have a few sweaters, but I tend to not wear them due to them being too warm for me. I guess I'm just a stickler for perfect body temp?

Khols is indeed awesome. We have a pretty big Plato's Closet where I am, and they usually have some truly badass stuff in really good condition still, so I do a lot of my shopping there. Some second hand places are sketchy, but there stuff is really great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)