Upside Down and Inside Out: An OU Trick Room RMT

Good day, dear Smogonites, and welcome to my RMT. This is my first post on Smogon, so please excuse and point out any mistakes that I may make.However, that's not to say that I am an ultra noob with no knowledge of the game at all (although you can also decide that for yourselves after seeing my team lol) as I have been lurking here for some time now, and recently decided to actually become a part of and contribute to the community that has helped me out so much in competitive battling. While lurking, i would often read others RMT's to gain ideas for my own team, and was disappointed to see the vast number of weather, hyper offense, and other over-used team types on the forum. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those who completely hates on weather, but its just not my play style. I prefer something more anti-meta, against the mold, and finally settled on making a Trick Room team. Its become my favorite play style, and I have great fun playing with this team. Regardless, I'm not too great at battling,but I believe that this team has potential, so that's where you guys come in. I don't want to ramble on too much, but before we start going over the team, I just want to thank everyone in advance for reading and commenting on this RMT.​

Team at a Glance:

*Any changes made to team members or movesets will be bolded.

Now, a closer look

*Note: All Pokemon, unless otherwise noted, have a 0 speed IV

Bronzong (M) @Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
-Trick Room
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

You can't have a Trick Room team without setting up Trick Room right? Bronzong fills in as the first of my three Pokemon who play this role, and for good reason. Bronzong's typing and ability allow it many useful resistances, and its steel typing also allows it to be only neutral to Dark, Bug, and Ghost attacks, something not many Trick Room setters can boast. Bronzong's defenses are no laughing matter either, as even without any investment, Bronzong can survive many super effective hits such as 2 Fire Punches from a +1 Dragonite and even a Firey Dance from the likes of Volcarona, with about 25% HP remaining. Bronzong's sturdiness and many resistances allow him to switch in and reset Trick Room throughout the match if need be.The surprise value is also great; I love it when people switch in their balloon-less Heatran to counter Bronzong, while I Trick Room on the switch and KO with earthquake the next turn. People just don't seem to expect an offensive Bronzong. His low speed is perfect in Trick Room, and with the Brave nature lowering his speed even more, Bronzong's Gyro Ball is surprisingly powerful. Stealth Rock is there to provide support for the rest of my team, and because of his defenses, Bronzong usually finds time to set them up.

Jellicent(M) @Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)

-Trick Room
-Scald
-Taunt
-Recover

The second of my Trick Room setters, Jellicent, makes a good choice for the job because of his bulk and resistances, including Bronzong's sole weakness to fire. Jellicent is now with a more defensive EV spread because of the need for him to break stall and reset Trick room throughout the match. Trick Room is on here for obvious reasons, and Scald is there for the STAB and burn chance. The burn chance really saves me from threats such as Scizor and other powerful physical attackers. As suggested by Eternal, Taunt is an excellent option to stop stall, which TR teams hate.It is extremely unexpected on a usually stallish pokemon like Jellicent, who is often taunt bait himself. I have caused many people to ragequit by neutering their set up sweeper with taunt and then burning them with scald. Recover is there for some added survivability, and goes a long way to making sure Jellicent can reset Trick Room if necessary. I was using Shadow Ball before though, and I liked how it let me hit opposing Reuniclus, who are a big threat to this team, for SE damage. If anyone can give me some help as to which move I should use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jellicent also has the surprise factor to him, as most people expect him to be just the stallish version they are used to seeing, and usually end up paying for their hasty assumptions.

Reuniclus(M) @Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 196 HP/64 Def/252 SpA
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Don't let the picture fool you, Reuniclus is an absolute monster in Trick Room, and serves as my third and final Trick Room setter. With impressive bulk and a great base 125 special attack stat, its no wonder he has become pretty much a staple in Trick Room teams. Trick Room remedies Reuniclus's one bad point, its speed, and turns him into a menace not to be taken lightly. The set I chose is the standard Offensive Trick Roomer, because it works great and very efficiently in dispatching my opponents team. The only real problem that I see in this is Focus Blast's accuracy, but that's nothing that can be really fixed. The EV's even out Reuniclus's defenses, while still retaining a high 409 HP stat. Magic Guard is such an amazing ability, as it allows Reuniclus to act as a status absorber, and also lets it abuse life orb to the max. It also negates weather damage, making leftovers unnecessary and making it even easier to use life orb. STAB LO Psychic does a ton to anything that doesn't resist it, and makes things weak to it cry. Shadow Ball is mostly for opposing Reuniclus, but can also be used against walls like Jellicent. Focus Blast swiftly deals with Dark types hoping to scare Reuniclus away.

Conkeldurr(M) @Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 SpD
Brave nature ( +Atk, -Spd)
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Payback

Conkeldurr is the first of my Trick Room sweepers, and by God is he good at it. After just one bulk up, he is able to go almost unimpeded through the opponents team. Usually I bring him in on something he scares off, like Tyranitar, and bulk up on the switch. After that, not even Skarmory can beat me, as Conkeldurr usually wins against Skarmory after a bulk up, even outside of Trick Room. Gliscor is the only thing that really walls this poke, but the other team mates can handle him. Bulk up is there because even though it technically wastes a Trick Room turn, it helps to prolong my sweep even beyond Trick Room. Drain punch is the STAB move of choice, as it helps Conkeldurr stay alive a lot longer. Mach punch is basic STAB priority, of which i have none other on this team, making it all the more important, and also helps me check Excadrill. Payback is the move I am not really sure about, and am thinking about replacing it with Stone Edge to hit fliers. I have it on there for now for when TR does run out, and Conkeldurr can utilize its full power. I really am not sure though, so if someone could help me out, that would be great.

Zapdos@Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
EV's:4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe,-Atk)
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-Roost
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Zapdos is my outside of TR Sweeper, and brings key resistances as well as bulk to the team. Zapdos's power allows him to easily take down many pokemon with his type coverage, and his bulk allows him to take a hit or two before going down. Thunderbolt is Zapdos's obligatory STAB move, combining both power and accuracy. Heat Wave is to roast those pesky steels, and is my main way of dealing with threats such as scizor and Jirachi. Hidden Power Ice completes Pseudo BoltBeam combo, and also is for dealing with Dragons and Gliscor coming in on a predicted Thunderbolt. Roost keeps my health high for when I really need Zapdos late game, and helps him not worry too much about taking some hits.

While Zapdos is a great Pokemon to have, it shares the same problem as Eelektross, which is that I feel like I depend too much on it for many things. For example, Zapdos carries the only Electric, Fire, and Ice moves on my team, and if he's down, it makes it hard to deal with the pokemon that are hit super effectively by those moves. If anyone has any suggestions on how to remedy this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Haxorus(M)@Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs:252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Outrage
-Dual Chop
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Trick Room teams absolutely HATE stall, and this one is no exception. To remedy this problem, I added one of the greatest wallbreakers ever(IMO), Haxorus. Haxorus's sheer power is extraordinary, being able to net OHKO's and 2HKO's on pretty much the entire metagame. Non steel walls are absolutely destroyed by Outrage, while many steel walls are 2, rarely 3HKO'ed. The other moves besides Outrage are all just filler, as I barely find myself using anything else. Just in case though, Earthquake is for grounded steels such as Jirachi and Metagross that can give even Outrage problems if they have not taken any prior damage, and rock slide completes pseudo EdgeQuake, while also providing some insurance against Volcarona. Dual Chop is there incase something uses Substitute on the switch to Haxorus, such as Dragonite or Thundurus.

On this team, Haxorus also serves as a pseudo status absorber(except burn, Conkeldurr takes that), because he is not meant to last long, just punch holes in the opposing team for the rest of my team to take advantage of, which he does exceedingly well. Because of this reason, I opted to keep the 31 speed IV on Haxorus, because I tend not to use him in TR, just to kill the pokes that are preventing it from being set up. The lack of speed EVs is to keep him from becoming too fast, for those situations when I do use him in TR.

Some things I would like opinions on:
Besides the aforementioned questions in each Pokemon's specific overview, I also would like some help in these matters:

• Adding in more entry hazard, especially toxic spikes- since TR teams are meant to sweep, more entry hazards would mean easier KO's and the wearing down of walls
  • Adding in a ghost resist-I dont have one, and both Jellicent and Reuniclus are weak to Ghost type moves.

Former Members:

Eelektross(M)@Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpA
Quiet Nature (+ SpA, -Spe)
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-U-turn/Volt Switch

Eelektross is my non Trick Room special sweeper, and it was easy to give him a spot, since he has nothing but resistances to bring to the table. Eelektross has a low base 50 speed and high base 105 SpA, making him great in Trick Room. Thunderbolt is STAB, and also really helps against things like Politoed and other bulky waters, which my team is otherwise hard pressed to handle. Flamethrower is there mostly for Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn, but also helps against Ice types and Grass types who resist Eelektross's STAB. Swampert, Gastrodon, and Quagsire love to switch in on Thunderbolt, so that is why Grass Knot is there. The last move I'm having trouble deciding. Both moves are primarily used for switching out on the last turn of Trick Room to one of the setters, to get TR back up as soon as possible. U-turn, while physical, allows me to get a little more type coverage on Psychics and Darks, while Volt Switch is STAB and special, giving it a lot more power, while also being able to switch out. Which move should I choose?

I really love Eelektross on my team, but I feel like I rely on him too much for too many things.For example, Eelektross carries the only electric, fire, and grass moves on my team, and when he's down, which happens quicker than I would like due to life orb, it makes it hard to defeat pokemon like Rotom-W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Swampert, to name a few. If anyone has any ideas to remedy this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

So that's it for this RMT, please rate, comment and help out. If you want, take this team and test it out yourself, maybe you'll do better with it than I will. Also, please don't worry about being too harsh, I will heartily accept any constructive criticism.Finally, I'd just like to thank everyone for reading this RMT, and for all the help in advance.

A Final Look

Threat List

Since its late, I'm not going to do the full threat list, unless people specifically ask for it. Instead, I'll just list specific threats that I've encountered from playing with this team

Major Threats
Escavalier- My only 6-0 loss came because of this pokemon, because I set up TR for it. It OHKO'ed everything with megahorn DX. Granted, at that time I was running Slowbro over Jellicent and Scrafty over Conkeldurr, who both resist bug, but that's an OHKO on 4/6 of my team, and a 2HKO on Jellicent and Conkeldurr(I think. Either way, they cant really do anything back). to top it all off, he outspeeds my entire team under TR. Maybe i should add in my own Escavailer... Anyways, its a major, major threat.

Reuniclus- If they start using Calm Mind, it becomes really hard to take down, as it can outspeed most of my team in TR and KO with the right move. Best bet is to try and stall out TR as much as I can, then send in Haxorus and Outrage.

Vaporeon- Fully defensive stall ones can be a pain, as even Haxorus's Outrage doesn't KO sometimes, and if TR isn't up, they can out speed and KO with Icebeam, and proceed to stall out the rest of my team. Eelektross and Reuniclus are my main answers to this thing, but if they are down, it is extremely difficult, and i usually have to rely on hax like a crit to win.

Pretty much any Pokemon that TR helps as well is a threat as well.

It isn't just your opinion that haxxy is the best wallbreaker evah!!!! But your team has trouble with most steels. the fact that the majority of them are neutral to fighting is a pain. Jirachi and heatran are especially annoying. Hydreigon and Salamence deal with both of them. They both do amazing against stall, salamence because of universal coverage and destructive offencive stats, and hydreigon for those reasons and taunt as well

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm. Looking at your team, I feel it is more bulky offense than Trick Room. After all, BU Conk and Eel don't really need TR to shine. If you don't care so much about TR, I would turn this team into a bulky offense team, as Trick Room is very unfavorable and hard to set up.
However, I understand how fun it is to play Trick Room (~200 matches with various team, iirc), as most opponents are caught off guard and don't know what to do. With your 5+1 skeleton, I would recommend having only two Trick Roomers and 3 sweepers. Jellicent is unneeded IMO, and isn't actually that bulky (especially used offensively). You should switch it with Marowak, who really enjoys Haxorus's wallbreaking (Marowak gets walled hard by Gliscor and Rotom-W).

Marowak @ Thick Club | 252 HP | 252 Attack | 4 Other | 0 Spe IVs | Brave | EQ | Stone Edge | Fire Punch | Double Edge / Low Kick

reaches 568 attack, and can switch moves with no recoil damage. It absolutely destroys teams after Gliscor and Rotom-W are gone, and is relatively bulky with 110 Def and 80 SDef (dunno HP off the top).

Also, switch Haxorus's EVs to | 252 Attack | 252 Spe | 4 Other | Adamant
The 5+1 team skeleton needs that 1 to be fast so it can handle stuff when TR ends. It can also survive +0 Excadrill's EQ, which is potentially useful.

Lastly, I would make Zong more defensive, as these changes will make you down one TRer. A simple | 252 HP | 88 (S)Def | 168 (S)Def | (I think these numbers are right) will increase its durability. An invested Gyro Ball still doesn't do much, and an uninvested one can still break all the Subs it needs to. You can also try HP Ice instead of EQ to dent Gliscor, but that is up to you.
Good Luck with your team :)

Hello Nexus, cool Trick Room team. I really like how put Eelektross (which Rotom-W usually outclasses) to use on this team due to its low speed. The biggest problem I see in this team is battling against stall. CB Haxorus is your best way of dealing with stall, but even CB Haxorus is stomped by a physical wall like Skarmory. Jellicent seems to be a great option to stop stall, but you lack Taunt on it. You could give Jellicent Taunt to nullify stall teams. Here's the set:

Jellicent @ Leftovers -- Water Absorb
Nature: Bold - EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
- Recover
- Taunt
- Scald
- Trick Room

Now as you can see, I'm not giving this guy Quiet nature because the speed is really important to out speeding stall threats when TR isn't in play (especially Pokemon like Blissey). Stall teams can easily stall out the 5 turn Trick Room. While for offensive teams Jellicent will out speed mostly all of the threats it wants to beat under Trick Room. Jellicent also lacks good SpAtk, so making it a SpAtk sweeper isn't going to work, I suggest playing defensive and using those defensive EVs so you don't get swept by Pokemon like Swords Dance sweeper Lucario, SD Scizor (by Taunting and Scalding it), Scrafty, and many other physical attacking threats.

Your Conkeldurr's EVs (EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/200 SpD) don't add up to its limit. Better change that to 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef.

Finally, you should give Reuniclus Psyshock instead of Psychic so it can hit Blisseys harder (it's a possible 2HKO). Without Psyshock, your Reuniclus is easily walled by Blissey.

Hope that helped. Good luck!

To deal with your "Escavalier-type pokemon who benefit from Trick Room" problem, you could add some more Priority moves on top of your Conkeldurr's Mach Punch, such as a Bullet Punching Scizor/Metagross or an Extremespeed Dragonite

Opposing Reuniclus can be deadly to this team should trick room be in play. If it can Shadow Ball your Reuniclus and flat out CM on Conkeldurr. I suggest a CB Tyranitar/Scizor in Conkeldurr's place, who seems to be the weak link anyway. This will
Check everything conk checked and Reuniclus. I personally would use T-tar since it is slower than Scizor and hits harder.

Note: 252 HP/36 Atk/220 SDef on TTar will offer power and you survive focus blast.

It isn't just your opinion that haxxy is the best wallbreaker evah!!!! But your team has trouble with most steels. the fact that the majority of them are neutral to fighting is a pain. Jirachi and heatran are especially annoying. Hydreigon and Salamence deal with both of them. They both do amazing against stall, salamence because of universal coverage and destructive offencive stats, and hydreigon for those reasons and taunt as well
Haxorus is definitely a boss lol. The only steels that are really a pain are Jirachi and scizor, who are both neutral to fighting. However, I really like your suggestions, especially Hydreigon, who fixes my ghost weakness as well. The only problem that I see with that is that I might have too many special attackers, but I could just run him mixed. I'll try him out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hmmm. Looking at your team, I feel it is more bulky offense than Trick Room. After all, BU Conk and Eel don't really need TR to shine. If you don't care so much about TR, I would turn this team into a bulky offense team, as Trick Room is very unfavorable and hard to set up.
However, I understand how fun it is to play Trick Room (~200 matches with various team, iirc), as most opponents are caught off guard and don't know what to do. With your 5+1 skeleton, I would recommend having only two Trick Roomers and 3 sweepers. Jellicent is unneeded IMO, and isn't actually that bulky (especially used offensively). You should switch it with Marowak, who really enjoys Haxorus's wallbreaking (Marowak gets walled hard by Gliscor and Rotom-W).

Marowak @ Thick Club | 252 HP | 252 Attack | 4 Other | 0 Spe IVs | Brave | EQ | Stone Edge | Fire Punch | Double Edge / Low Kick

reaches 568 attack, and can switch moves with no recoil damage. It absolutely destroys teams after Gliscor and Rotom-W are gone, and is relatively bulky with 110 Def and 80 SDef (dunno HP off the top).

Also, switch Haxorus's EVs to | 252 Attack | 252 Spe | 4 Other | Adamant
The 5+1 team skeleton needs that 1 to be fast so it can handle stuff when TR ends. It can also survive +0 Excadrill's EQ, which is potentially useful.

Lastly, I would make Zong more defensive, as these changes will make you down one TRer. A simple | 252 HP | 88 (S)Def | 168 (S)Def | (I think these numbers are right) will increase its durability. An invested Gyro Ball still doesn't do much, and an uninvested one can still break all the Subs it needs to. You can also try HP Ice instead of EQ to dent Gliscor, but that is up to you.
Good Luck with your team :)
Thanks for your suggestions. I agree about Haxorus's EV spread, and have tried it out. It has worked for me, so thank you. I also tried out replacing Jellicent with Marowak, and I really missed the fire and bug resists that jellicent gave me. Without jellicent, i found Volcarona being much more of a problem as well, and Marowak wasnt really doing anything special. Thanks a lot for the suggestion and your rate, but I think I'll keep Jellicent over Marowak, maybe just change it's set or something. Thanks again though.

Jellicent @ Leftovers -- Water Absorb
Nature: Bold - EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
- Recover
- Taunt
- Scald
- Trick Room

Now as you can see, I'm not giving this guy Quiet nature because the speed is really important to out speeding stall threats when TR isn't in play (especially Pokemon like Blissey). Stall teams can easily stall out the 5 turn Trick Room. While for offensive teams Jellicent will out speed mostly all of the threats it wants to beat under Trick Room. Jellicent also lacks good SpAtk, so making it a SpAtk sweeper isn't going to work, I suggest playing defensive and using those defensive EVs so you don't get swept by Pokemon like Swords Dance sweeper Lucario, SD Scizor (by Taunting and Scalding it), Scrafty, and many other physical attacking threats.

Your Conkeldurr's EVs (EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/200 SpD) don't add up to its limit. Better change that to 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef.

Finally, you should give Reuniclus Psyshock instead of Psychic so it can hit Blisseys harder (it's a possible 2HKO). Without Psyshock, your Reuniclus is easily walled by Blissey.

Hope that helped. Good luck!
Lol I messed up on Conk's EV's. It is what you said, 200 SpD is the actual stat number, I got it mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out. Ill try the Jellicent set you posted, idk about losing Ice Beam though, it's extra insurance against Dragons, like Hydreigon. Ill try it though, thanks for the suggestion. Blissey has never really been a problem, and I find psychic to be more useful overall. Thank you for your help.

To deal with your "Escavalier-type pokemon who benefit from Trick Room" problem, you could add some more Priority moves on top of your Conkeldurr's Mach Punch, such as a Bullet Punching Scizor/Metagross or an Extremespeed Dragonite
Yes, you are right, I do need more priority on my team. I might add a scizor depending on how the team turns out, thanks for your help.
Opposing Reuniclus can be deadly to this team should trick room be in play. If it can Shadow Ball your Reuniclus and flat out CM on Conkeldurr. I suggest a CB Tyranitar/Scizor in Conkeldurr's place, who seems to be the weak link anyway. This will
Check everything conk checked and Reuniclus. I personally would use T-tar since it is slower than Scizor and hits harder.

Note: 252 HP/36 Atk/220 SDef on TTar will offer power and you survive focus blast.
I was thinking about a TTar addition before, just didn't know which set/ EV's, so thank you for that. I will definitely try it out and see how it goes. Thanks again.

Your team is solid. It doesn't have THAT much weaknesses, but there is a Volcarona weakness that can wipe our a half of your team. After Volcarona sets up with a few QDances or so, Volcarona sweeps w/ Fiery Dance + Bug Buzz. I suggest removing Eelektross for a pokemon that can set up entry hazards. Forretress, Aerodacytle (I forgot how to spell his name), and others can set up Stealth Rock with ease. Especially Forretress if the opponent attempts to OHKO.

Your team is solid. It doesn't have THAT much weaknesses, but there is a Volcarona weakness that can wipe our a half of your team. After Volcarona sets up with a few QDances or so, Volcarona sweeps w/ Fiery Dance + Bug Buzz. I suggest removing Eelektross for a pokemon that can set up entry hazards. Forretress, Aerodacytle (I forgot how to spell his name), and others can set up Stealth Rock with ease. Especially Forretress if the opponent attempts to OHKO.
You are spot on with the Volcarona weakness, noticed that myself when playing today. Bronzong gets up SR, and Jellicent can spin block if necessary, but if things don't go my way, then volcarona is a scary pokemon to face. Thanks for the heads up and the rate. Forretress is not a bad idea, as he can work with TR as well. What about Ferrothorn, would he be good for entry hazard support?

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

I support Eternal's suggestion of Psyshock on Reuniclus, and I would also recommend replacing Payback on Conkeldurr since it conflicts with Trick Room. Stone Edge would be the next best option. It helps out with your Volcarona weakness by outspending under Trick Room and KOing easily.

I feel that what you need is a Pokemon to clean up late-game once Trick Room has worn off and your supporters are down. So, what I'd suggest is trying out a NP Thundurus over Eelektross. You say that Eelektross is your non TR sweeper, but Thundurus outclasses it in this regard. The SR weakness might be a turn off, but Thundurus will likely make an appearance only late-game once your opponents team has been worn down. It's also an insurance for when you fail to get TR up, since it can easily attempt the sweep at any point in a match:

Thundurus@Lum Berry
252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

Lum Berry is for common Thundurus checks such as specially defensive Jirachi and Blissey, and can help protect against random burns and such. I actually think Tyranitar would be a very viable option on this team, but i wouldnt replace Conk since i find Mach Punch to be valuable. You could instead try it over Haxorus, since Thundurus is an excellent stall breaker and Tyranitar itself is no slouch with excellent power and coverage. I would recommend you go fir a wall-breaker rather than a CB set. A good sweeping set under TR would be Fire Blast | Crunch | Ice Beam | Stone Edge, with evs of 252 Atk | 252 Sp Atk | 4 HP and a Brave nature. I would personally run Leftovers to help preserve Tyranitar when facing opposing weather, but you can use Life Orb for the increased power. Tyranitar also helps deal with your Volcarona weakness.

Good luck!

Ferrothorn is a viable option to be using as well, it's just that most people already know what to expect of Ferrothorn: lay out some Spikes, protect, leech seed, and Gyro Ball out substitutes. The thing is, Ferrothorn doesn't have Forry's Sturdy, so Ferro gets OHKOed alot by CSpecs Hydreigon's FBlast or FOrb Conkeldurr's Drain Punch. It's up to you though; you can just slap on a Focus Sash onto Ferrothorn so it'll look like a mock-Forry.

@IronBullet93-Thanks for the rate, I really appreciate it. I tried Thundurus, and it has worked really well for me. I just wish it had better bulk, but w/e. Like I said before, I did want a TTar on the team, so I tried him with Thundurus and they have both performed very well. Thank you very much for your help.

@MilkingtheTank-You're right, Forretress is better than Ferrothorn in that regard, so I guess I will give him a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Conkeldurr shouldn't have bulk up which wastes trick room moves and ttar on your team should be avoided since you say escavalier is such a big problem to your team.

^ Badabling I think stone edge would be a better choic for a 4 attack conkeldurr since payback isn't viable against flyers becauser the best case scenario is that conkeldurr will move first. There is not time in a match where I think I would use facade over drain punch or payback since it is probably only usable against gliscor and switching out is still the best choice.

Thanks for the rates guys, but the reason I use bulk up on Conkeldurr is because it really helps him sweep, even when TR has run out. It really does make a difference, and that one turn "wasted" in TR helps him stay on for maybe 5 more turns outside of TR. I am thinking of running stone edge instead of payback because it does conflict with TR, but it would leave me walled by Jellicent. I'll try it out though.Thanks again for reading and rating.

Ok, so a quick update on the team. I am absolutely loving Taunt on Jellicent, so thank you very much for that suggestion Eternal. For haxorus's spot as the WallBreaker, I have not found anyone yet who does a better job than Haxorus himself, so I have decided to keep him as he is, unless someone suggests another pokemon that works after testing. Also, I tried Thundurus, and it was working great, I just had one problem: it was too frail. After reading another RMT on this site (this one-http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452310-to be exact), I had the idea of trying a Zapdos in Thundurus's place.I haven't tested it out too much yet, but i'm planning to, and I'm thinking the set would look something like this:

Zapdos@Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
EV's:4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe( Im not too sure about this yet)
Modest/Timid Nature(s)
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-Roost
-Hidden Power [Grass/Ice]

This set looks good to me theorymon wise, but I'm not too sure about the EV's/Nature/ and Hidden Power Type. Ice is for Dragons and pseudo BoltBeam, but Grass is for Gastrodon and friends, who are big pains otherwise. Since I'm not running Ice Beam on Jellicent in favor of taunt, I'm more inclined towards ice, but that would mean Zapdos wold be walled by Gastrodon, Swampert, and Quagsire. If I could get opinons on this, as well as more rates, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'll update the OP soon with any changes I have made to the team. Thanks again to everyone who has rated so far, and I'm looking forward to more rates!

Bump.

This team still needs a lot of help, and any would be greatly appreciated. I also updated the OP with any changes that I have made to the team.

Nice trick room team , a bit different from mine , i like most of the set and the pokemon choices but like you said , you have big trouble against stall teams .. and CB haxorus isn't enough imo , try a SD taunt set , it mess up badly stall teams and let's you clean up with your TR sweeper afterward , haxorus can even work decently on TR without hindering his speed , as most teams rely on Revenge killing him

Haxorus @ lum /leftovers
Ability : mold breaker
EV : 252 HP / 252 Atk
Nature : Adamant

-Swords dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Taunt

on your jellicent , if you'r running full atkspe why not just use Hpump .. imo either stick with defensive jellicent with wow/scald or an offensive one with Hpump/shadowball or ice beam .

anyway good luck with the team ^^

Nice trick room team , a bit different from mine , i like most of the set and the pokemon choices but like you said , you have big trouble against stall teams .. and CB haxorus isn't enough imo , try a SD taunt set , it mess up badly stall teams and let's you clean up with your TR sweeper afterward , haxorus can even work decently on TR without hindering his speed , as most teams rely on Revenge killing him

Haxorus @ lum /leftovers
Ability : mold breaker
EV : 252 HP / 252 Atk
Nature : Adamant

-Swords dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Taunt

on your jellicent , if you'r running full atkspe why not just use Hpump .. imo either stick with defensive jellicent with wow/scald or an offensive one with Hpump/shadowball or ice beam .

anyway good luck with the team ^^
Thanks for the rate! I've been testing out SD Haxorus and its been working out well. There are a few times that I miss the immediate power of the Choice Band, but I love the ability to choose moves as well. I'll have to do some more testing, but I really like the set so far, thanks! Also, I changed Jellicent to a more defensive EV spread, so I'm gonna stick with scald. It should be in the updated OP. Thanks again for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)