RU READY?????????

At first i made an RU team just for the hell of it, but the tier ended up growing on me and i've lately started to enjoy the tier. Here is the team i had made quite recently, it features some of the starters from different generations. I hope you like it :)

Haunter (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Haunter works as a great suicide lead and can be a huge annoyance to your opponent. He can icy wind to get the opponents poke at -1 speed and then d-bond for the kill.

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Overheat
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Typhlosion is a beast and with a scarf this guy can do some serious work. Hidden power grass is for troublesome pokes like quagsire and gastrodon.

Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute/Protect
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Torment

This serperior set drives people insane, just when subseed isnt annoying enough i added torment to the mix to catch the opponent off guard and to force switches on choiced pokemon. i couldn't quite decide between protect or substitute, as they are both pretty useful.

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Feraligatr is honestly one of my favorite pokemon and with a DDance or two under his belt he can wreak havoc on an opponents team. When sheer force is released i will change it but feraligatr can wait.

Claydol @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Hp
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psyshock

This is my double screening Claydol and works as my physical wall. I didnt run rapid spin because the only pokemon weak to rocks is typhlosion and im not using eruption on it.

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Hp
Careful Nature
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Clefable is a great wall. With magic guard and tons of useful support moves, you would be crazy not to use it. i use knock off because there are a lot of eviolite abusers in RU especially ferroseed.

Please comment and give tips, i am open to criticism and want to hear everybody's opinion. Thank you

I like the Knock Off on Clefable. I know what you mean about all the Eviolite users.

What in the clear blue sky is Extrasensory doing on Typhlosion? Unless you know of some huge threat that it 2HKOs (or OHKOs), then swap it for Eruption and Overheat for Fire Blast / Flamethrower.

If you're going to use a Claydol, it should be for Rapid Spinning. There are other good screeners out there to use to set up them screens.

I like the Fire / Grass / Water core. This team has nice synergy. I also might add Leaf Storm and Contrary on Serperior so it can actually do something offensively (i. e. revenge kill if Typhlosion dies), but that's just my style of play.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
I would suggest not using Contrary since it has not been released. Therefore it is illegal.

But I also agree with Andy's suggestion of using either a different screener or make Claydol a rapid spinner.

Also Eruption should take the place of Extrasensory as Eruption hits basically everything harder at full health.

Good luck with your team!

Thanks for all the input! I am going to fix what i currently have and i was wondering if i should replace torment with glare on serperior, because it does paralyze regardless of type immunitys and can help grab free subs i would also use a bulkier set because speed wouldn't be needed.

Thanks again for all the advice and i am still looking forward to more suggestions about this team.

The only thing I can think of is maybe trying eviolite clefairy. If you think using eviolite is gay then I completely understand(fuck chansey), also you might want to take out torment on serperior just so you can run both protect and sub, or you can try glare which makes even ground types suceptible? to paralysis. This was the set I used on my paralysis team
Serperior @lefites
jolly
252 speed/252 hp
leech seed
glare
sub
leaf blade(any attack will do, hp fire might be better)

hope this helped and maybe you can help me http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452432

well if i were to use glare i wouldn't put much speed investment because it wouldn't be needed. Also i thought torment would be good for choice pokes who try to revenge kill, i like the idea of using clefairy and i will probably try it (but i do see alot of teams packing knock off now) thanks everybody for the comments and help and it would be great if i could get even more suggestions :)

Hi Tatertotts, like others have said Claydol is a great Rapid Spin user and it should definitely have that as one of its main attacks. If you are looking for a reliable dual screen user then Cresselia is a much better choice because of its higher bulk and reliable healing.

Your Serperior set is very good but I would suggest using Glare instead of Torment. Your main sweeper, Feraligatr, would love Paralysis support to help it set up and they have good synergy together so switching between them is easy. Since Serperior is a SubSeeder, you should invest your EVs into the defences instead of HP to gain more Leech Seed recovery every turn. I would personally put more into defence to help it take Earthquakes since those are the Pokemon that Serperior will find the easiest time switching into and forcing out, thus starting the SubSeed cycle. You can try a max speed, max sp.atk spread offensive SubSeeder with Giga Drain but Sceptile is better in that role so it's up to you.

Your Typhlosion definitely doesn't need Extrasensory, as others have said. Eruption, Fire Blast, Flamethrower or even Toxic would be a better move.

I'm not a fan of suicide leads, if they do their job then they take down one Pokemon and prevent hazards. If they don't complete their job, which is very likely against an informed opponent, then they become a waste of a teamslot. I would personally change Haunter to a special sweeping/spin blocking role. Maybe a TrickScarf set or even SubDisable or Pain Split but definitely get rid of the Focus Sash and Destiny Bond combo. It may get a few surprise kills but it's not reliable and imo not worth a precious team slot.

Clefable is another Pokemon I am not quite sure what it's supposed to be doing. As a special wall, it cant do much to the big threats such as Yanmega, Venomoth, Porygon-Z, the list goes on... I would suggest replacing Toxic with Thunder Wave and Heal Bell with Seismic Toss. The lack of a cleric on your team will be missed but Clefable is a fine status absorber anyway and can come in safely on most status inducing Pokemon and win with Seismic Toss so you don't have to risk your team. Thunder Wave would cripple the big threats much more than Toxic and gives your main sweeper an extra line of support. Wish on Clefable is always an option and should be considered but I think your Clefable probably doesn't have room for it as it is already trying to do a lot.

Now we finally get to the main attraction! Feraligatr is a great sweeper but until Sheer Force is released, Crawdaunt simply outclasses it because of the power difference between the two. Crawdaunt can afford to use Substitute because it only needs two attacks, thanks to Adaptability, and at +1 Crawdaunt can muscle his way through almost every physical wall. In fact the only walls it has trouble with is Tangela and Ferroseed who are lured out nicely by Serperior and finished off with HP [Fire]. I know Feraligatr may be one of your favourite Pokemon but until Sheer Force is released, Crawdaunt should be considered.

The thing with crawdaunt is that he needs at least 2 ddances to be effective because of his speed, but thanks for the help and suggestions with my team.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
If you use Substitute, 2 Dances are not hard to get and with the paralysis support from Glare, Crawdaunt should have no trouble with speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)