Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's immune to Glare, Body Slam and Tri Attack as it's Ghost-type.

It can be Paralyzed by the Static ability, though.
Wait. I understood the situations about Tri-Attack and Body Slam (Normal damaging moves), but Glare? Be a Ghost-type grants immunity to Normal Status moves, is it?

Is there a way to get Wish on a blissey that is legit ?
I looked all over serebii and didnt see any breeding/pre-evolution/lvl-up option to get blissey to learn Wish .
So is it possible ? If so , how ?

Is there a way to get Wish on a blissey that is legit ?
I looked all over serebii and didnt see any breeding/pre-evolution/lvl-up option to get blissey to learn Wish .
So is it possible ? If so , how ?
Legitimate viable Wish Chanseys/Blisseys are very rare - they were given out once at level 5 as an Event Chansey in 2003 (2004?).

However, since they are in fact possible, they can be used in standard play. The difficulty in getting a perfectly IVed Wish Blissey has nothing to do with it being allowed in OU.

just a quick question about the battle subway- ive gotten a 14 winning streak on the single train but it still wont let me on to super doubles- why is that?
You need a 21 win streak to face the Subway Boss (kinda hard), and then you can ride the Super Train. The same goes for all of the other trains too.

Just a question -- how successful can be a Togekiss (with Serene Grace, always) with Baton Pass, AncientPower, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, and a defensive Nature and EV spread?
With only a 20% chance to activate (even with SG), you won't get the boosts too often. And since they're all 60 BP without STAB, they won't hurt. You're better off running a set of Nasty Plot/Baton Pass/Wish/Air Slash. Anything that would like a +1 in all stats, could probably use +2 Sp. Atk better.

pedrokabu, Glare is a Normal-type move, while Golurk is a Ghost-type Pokemon. Golurk isn't affected by Glare.
From what I understand, type immunities don't work against status moves other than Thunder Wave. I can test in-game if you'd like, though.

For reference, under normal circumstances Golurk can be Paralyzed by Bounce, Dragon Breath, Light Ball Fling, Stun Spore, Freeze Shock, Glare, Psycho Shift, Static, Effect Spore, and Synchronize. I might have missed a couple.

pedrokabu, Glare is a Normal-type move, while Golurk is a Ghost-type Pokemon. Golurk isn't affected by Glare.
Speaking about damaging moves, it's correct, of course -- Ghost-types aren't affected by Normal-type attacks, and vice versa. But I'm talking about Other moves (affected by Taunt). That's why I keep the doubt.

Speaking about damaging moves, it's correct, of course -- Ghost-types aren't affected by Normal-type attacks, and vice versa. But I'm talking about Other moves (affected by Taunt). That's why I keep the doubt.
Any normal type moves, damaging or non-damaging do not affect ghost types at all. The only way that ghost types are affected would be through use of Foresight, Odor Sleuth, and the Scrappy ability.

Okay, I've got a bit of a mindfuck question.

If a Pokemon got hit on a single turn by Close Combat and Future Sight, would it be able to use either Counter or Mirror Coat to reflect damage? What if it's hit by Thunderbolt and Future Sight? Will Mirror Coat reflect both?

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
pretty sure its only the close combat/thunderbolt. future sight happens at end of turn. mirror coat is not at the end of the turn

If a Pokemon got hit on a single turn by Close Combat and Future Sight, would it be able to use either Counter or Mirror Coat to reflect damage? What if it's hit by Thunderbolt and Future Sight? Will Mirror Coat reflect both?
I thought Mirror Coat and Counter reflects the move that hits you the last. So... Basically, I suppose, you can only Counter/Mirror Coat whichever move comes in last.
EDIT: I'm Dragonite'd (Dragonite>Ninjask)
Future Sight happens after Counter/Mirror Coat? Well, then it can indeed only reflect Thunderbolt or Close Combat, in this case.

Any normal type moves, damaging or non-damaging do not affect ghost types at all. The only way that ghost types are affected would be through use of Foresight, Odor Sleuth, and the Scrappy ability.
So, to test this, I caught a Seviper, taught it Glare, and hunted down a Golett. I have just paralyzed it with Glare without any setup. If Golurk is immune to Glare on Pokemon Online, it's a bug.

Edit: Mirror Coat/Counter is -5 priority, but Future Sight is "End of Turn", which means it goes after all attacks with a listed priority.

Future Sight happens during the afterturn effects like SS, Hail, leech seed, etc. CC would be reflected back by Counter and T-bolt by Mirror Coat on that turn, but Future Sight would hit them in the end phase of the turn after the reflection wears off.

EDIT: Double Ninja'd >.<

So, to test this, I caught a Seviper, taught it Glare, and hunted down a Golett. I have just paralyzed it with Glare without any setup. If Golurk is immune to Glare on Pokemon Online, it's a bug.
Thanks, I rest my case.

EDIT: @jalmont747, like Curse, used by a Ghost-type, against Normal-type Pokémon? I have lots of Pidgeottos to prove its vice-versa ;)

Edit: Mirror Coat/Counter is -5 priority, but Future Sight is "End of Turn", which means it goes after all attacks with a listed priority.
Hmm... I ran the exact same test and I got the same result. I also tried other non-damaging normal type moves such as leer and it affected the Golett. After further research, I take back what I said earlier. Non-damaging normal type moves do affect ghost types. I also believe it works vice-versa.

Edit at above: Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Confuse Ray, but yeah.

Hmm... I ran the exact same test and I got the same result. I also tried other non-damaging normal type moves such as leer and it affected the Golett. After further research, I take back what I said earlier. Non-damaging normal type moves do affect ghost types. I also believe it works vice-versa.
Makes sense as hypnosis also works on dark types.
Defenatly changes the way i thought about some pokemon .

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If I transfer a Darkrai nicknamed "DARKRAI" (as expected) from DPPt to BW, will its name change to "Darkrai" or will it still be a "DARKRAI"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)