VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
man you guys suck, cant i withdraw without everyone making me feel even worse.
and to answer your questions, no its not 100%, here is the situation:
i need some MORE things for fall quarter, so if i want to be comfortable at the beginning of school i have to give up worlds. There's only one possible way i can make worlds, i have to ask for a credit line increase on my student credit card[never done it because i hate messing with my credit card, only have it for building my credit anyways] i'm pretty sure i would get approved because I've had it for a couple of years........but its something i initially did not want to do, but after all the peer pressure/making me feel like crap from the last page AND Facebook messages[COME ON, like i don't want to come eat in-n-out, hang and play Pokemon with you guys] i'll head to the bank today and see what happens

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Woah if you can't pay it off don't do it. Credit card debt isn't a hole you want to go down. It's one Pokemon tournament. You did Regionals and Nationals. There's always seeing everyone next year.

Woah if you can't pay it off don't do it. Credit card debt isn't a hole you want to go down. It's one Pokemon tournament. You did Regionals and Nationals. There's always seeing everyone next year.
This, don't do it if it will put you in debt. While I would love to see you again it's not worth damaging your future.

Ninahaza

well, its not a big problem, i started out with a $700 credit line because its a student credit card and i refused to get an actual credit card from them. they've tried to get me to increase my credit line before but i always declined because the idea disturbs me for some reason, i would be able to pay it off easly after, getting an increase would set me back a month at best but like i said....just the idea really bothers me. i really hate dealing with credit, i'm just like my mom, i like to pay with cash and not be in debt to a bank

Ninahaza

well i had an educational experience, the good news is that my credit score is good apparently that's why i keep getting credit card offers in the mail.
the bad news is that i'm still not going to worlds, i now remember why i declined getting a credit line increase in the past, also my banker is the biggest douche ever.

just take lots of pictures and i'll see you guys next year :):):):):):) xoxoxoxox hugs and kisses and all that.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
As for things to do while in San Diego, here's what my sister sent me:
I took a quick look at what’s going on around town and see that the San Diego Symphony Pops have a concert on Saturday, August 13 at 7:30pm:

http://www.sandiegosymphony.org/calendar/view.aspx?id=2400

Sure, it’s rock (Rock Band Styx) from when we were all young once…but our kids might dig it. Otherwise, I would suggest that you all go to La Jolla Playhouse for Sleeping Beauty Awakes which has a 2pm and an 8pm performance that day:

http://lajollaplayhouse.org/

Or, we could go to the Zoo at Night at the San Diego Zoo! You didn’t see the Chinese Acrobats last time and they were really great. We can plan to see more animals this time! This is the easiest for our family as we have a membership.

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/index.php

Hey guys be sure to looks stylish with your new Worlds C Gear Skin.

The update for the event starts later today but the password is:

WorldsCGear (caps sensative)

Again, GL at the tourney everyone! I'm hoping to save up this year so I can go next year no matter what!

Hey guys be sure to looks stylish with your new Worlds C Gear Skin.

The update for the event starts later today but the password is:

WorldsCGear (caps sensative)

Again, GL at the tourney everyone! I'm hoping to save up this year so I can go next year no matter what!
YEAHHHHH thanks dude, this thing looks so awesome.

There's actually another one released today as well that slipped under the radar a bit.

Personally I don't think it's as cool but it's an Audino.

The password is: YAHOOAUDINO

Again it's caps sensative.

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
anyone coming on the 10th cus it looks im gonna be alone if i come on the 10th.

Will be arriving on either monday or tuesday or wednesday, I really don't know, but I think it's tuesday, and going to the zoo and doing other stuff until I think the day before the LCQ. I'm pretty sure about this. But I'll probably see you all for a bit earlier than the day before the LCQ whenever that is.

Also, if anyone has a decent yugioh binder and/or deck feel free to bring it! I have a pretty good binder and TDS has a monstrously good one (and is selling top tier cards!!!!! (multiple warnings, trishulas etc) free advertising bro) so make sure you do if you're interested. Had some good fun last year with Duy and Jesus messing around with my yugioh cards so to have some proper games would be great! Campeon del mundo Bluecookies has some old, rare cards for sale (like old tournament prize cards) also which I will probably buy one or two of this year. And on top of that I'm looking to play some Pokémon TCG but I don't have a deck for that... yet.

PERO, ESTE ANO, GANAR PARA EUROPA?!?!

It's like a Pokémon Ryder Cup, but with Koreans!

What is up with the Worlds' poster? Pikachu isn't even allowed... (lol kidding)

Anyway, Worlds is approaching really fast and I wish all of you participating good luck! I know you'll all do well and let's hope Smogon dominates this year like they always do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)