Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mario With Lasers: I think its name will still be "DARKRAI". I transferred the event Celebi and its name didn't change.
Edit: Benny in a Jet Ninjask'd me.

If I transfer a Darkrai nicknamed "DARKRAI" (as expected) from DPPt to BW, will its name change to "Darkrai" or will it still be a "DARKRAI"
Thirding what Benny in a Jet and Some Person said. The name will only change from all caps if the Pokemon evolves (Ex. PIKACHU will stay PIKACHU, but if it evolves it will become Raichu).

It's not the case of this Darkrai, but if you nickname your own Pokémon in Gen IV to looks like its name in Gen V... ;D I did it when I asked a friend to PokéTransfer some of my Pokémon in SoulSilver to Black.

Assuming standard sets (except for Jirachi), is a team of Scizor / Jirachi (Jolly, 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe, Iron Head/FPunch/IPunch/Wish @ Lefties) / Magnezone / T-Tar / Gliscor / Skarmory good, or does it have too many Steels? Skarmory is my primary physical wall who lays Spikes, Magnezone is just my Steel-trapper, Jirachi is there because I love it and Scizor is there because it's so useful. A problem I can already see is Mixape, who KO's every one of my Pokémon; so should I use something like Gastrodon/Jellicent to help with that?

Chandelure can oneshot all of those steels and two shot gliscor with shadow ball or flamethrower, and if predicting well 2shot ttar with hp fight. I'm just looking at it as how I would beat it with pokemon I use, but you do have a glaring fire weakness.

Is it possible to self-generate money in BW even though there is no VS Seeker?

Also, is there any place on the Smogon Forums (or anywhere else on the internet for that matter) where one can trade items such as Lefties and Life Orbs for the in-game?

Is it possible to self-generate money in BW even though there is no VS Seeker?

Also, is there any place on the Smogon Forums (or anywhere else on the internet for that matter) where one can trade items such as Lefties and Life Orbs for the in-game?
First question: The underwater maze near Undella has Relic items inside, and those sell for 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 50,000, 100,000, and 300,000. Also in Undella Town, you can keep fighting the rich people in the mansion-thing every day while having your first Pokémon hold an Amulet Coin.

Second question: The Wi-Fi forum, in their Simple Requests thread.

My question: How much does a 144 SpA HP-Ice 64 do to a standard 252HP/0SpDef Gliscor?

My question: How much does a 144 SpA HP-Ice 64 do to a standard 252HP/0SpDef Gliscor?
Depends on the hold item and base Special attack of the poke attacking. Odds are it will OHKO with that amount of EV investment. I just rand a calc with a thundurus attacking, and it did 163% - 193%

Depends on the hold item and base Special attack of the poke attacking. Odds are it will OHKO with that amount of EV investment. I just rand a calc with a thundurus attacking, and it did 163% - 193%
That is the SpA of the Pokémon, it's a Relaxed Ferrothorn's maximum un-invested SpA lol

Hello,

I would like to have advise on my team (not in front of my DS so can't give specific stats + I have no idea on EVs but I used some standard sets from smogon I think)

my "rules":
- I only play on DS/Global Network, not smogon (so item restriction in place and only 4 pokemon actually fight)
- I only play double battle (free mode mostly)
- I do not use legendary even half legendary (the one accepted online like thundurus, zapdos...)
- I like pokemon for their look so no ferrothorn, shandera (no matter how strong/good they are, I dislike their appearance)

Having said that my current team

Politoad - Drizzle - Bright powder
protect, scald, ice beam, focus blast

My leader or course for the rain. Usually use protect unless I need to kill something with the help of porygon. then switch the next turn if threat. He is really good lead, probably defensive EV + bright powder and protect help for survival. rest is for stab and coverage.

Porygon-2 eviolite - Trace
thunder, ice beam, recover, magic coat (should I change to double team?)

I tend to have them together as lead. I LOVE porygon. thunder under rain is 100%. Magic coat is very situational. it helped me but I am thinking of running double team maybe (allowed on DS). Defensive EVS

Vaporeon - Hydration
Scald, protect, rest, toxic

Hydration allow to wake up from rest and cure other status. Defense EVs. I LOVE this pokemon so much

Scizor - Technician - shell bell
Bullet punch, u-turn, pursuit, superpower

the usual set I guess. I do not use choice item because in double my pokemon need to be able to make different attack so I put shell bell for a bit of recovery. I like him a lot but if you have some alternative, I am interested

Ludicolo - Rain dish - leftover
protect, giga drain, scald, ice beam

I use giga drain/protect a lot with him for recovery. He is pretty good and I love his design. I tried swim swift version but in the end, I always prefer defensive pokemon it seems. Defensive Evs as well.

Jolteon - Volt absorb - balloon
thunder, volt switch, protect, shadow ball

I usually use him if I see 1 or 2 electric pokemon who could kill politoad. I switch politoad to him when I expect an attach. Use volt switch to change to scizor if needed (who can revert with u-turn). Thunder under the rain and shadow ball for ghosts. This pokemon is the one I am the less sure about. So any alternative is appreciated

I have run some lickilicky with cloud 9 and explosion, Blissey with healing wave to cure allies in the mix but I quite like the current set. Problem is that I have no fire attack and I feel I sometimes need it.

Any recommendation?
Thank you so much

(If not the right place, please let me know where to post it, thank you so )

Does Victini benefit from both Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt on its moveset?

I.e. switch back and forth between them to get 200 Base Power (in Fusion Flare's Case, 300 with STAB + Sun = 450). Or does it have to be a partner using them in the same turn...

Fusion Flare would have more power than V-Create.

Does Victini benefit from both Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt on its moveset?

I.e. switch back and forth between them to get 200 Base Power (in Fusion Flare's Case, 300 with STAB + Sun = 450). Or does it have to be a partner using them in the same turn...

Fusion Flare would have more power than V-Create.

hi, i was wondering if you can have a chansey and a blissey on the same team or does this count to species clause? i dont want to do it as if one checks a chansey it can check a blissey aswell, but i was just wondering?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does Memento drop Atk and SAtk by 2 stages or 6 stages? The research thread seems to state the former, but then it's not that great. Has it changed from transitioning RSE -> DP -> BW?

Given the importance of the Speed IV, can I assume it'd be better to have a 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread over a 31/31/31/31/31/30 spread for Landorus with HP Ice?

Given the importance of the Speed IV, can I assume it'd be better to have a 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread over a 31/31/31/31/31/30 spread for Landorus with HP Ice?
Definitely go with the first spread because you'll really want that extra Speed if you come up against an opposing Landorus.

If you fight and defeat an interaction legendary, do you lock its stats for each time it respawns?

I ask because using victini for EV training seems like a pretty sweet deal, but at the end of the day I'd rather catch and keep a well-statted out victini. If I use it for training, will i be able to soft reset for stats and nature later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)