5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

so i do the parameters search a few times(made sure i knew the exact ivs by checking multiple levels with rcsand im using metalkid) and my timer0 came up C80.so im trying to get a 31 all ditto from giant chasm.(i found a way to get rid of the fog cus stupid-doo-doo-head defog wont work outside of battle) so using my parameters i search for this ditto, i set my max frame to 6,i sed key presses to 3, and encounter slot 3, and 31 all ivs. but whenever i find this thing its ivs are23/0/25/26/26/22(or something close to that) and i cant figure out why :/ .any help appreciated! btw im runing pkmn white, old ds, my mac address is 0009BF9F9574.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
so i do the parameters search a few times(made sure i knew the exact ivs by checking multiple levels with rcsand im using metalkid) and my timer0 came up C80.so im trying to get a 31 all ditto from giant chasm.(i found a way to get rid of the fog cus stupid-doo-doo-head defog wont work outside of battle) so using my parameters i search for this ditto, i set my max frame to 6,i sed key presses to 3, and encounter slot 3, and 31 all ivs. but whenever i find this thing its ivs are23/0/25/26/26/22(or something close to that) and i cant figure out why :/ .any help appreciated! btw im runing pkmn white, old ds, my mac address is 0009BF9F9574.
you have to manipulate IV and PID frame, which it does not appear that you are.

Ok, so I finally worked out why nothing was working. I lost a Master Ball and 3 Rare Candies in the process but at least I know now.

QUESTION:

When I tried to RNG something in Chargestone Cave at Encounter Slot 5. Instead, I ran into something from Encounter Slot 7. So I tried Slot 4 instead and got Slot 5.

Both times they had the right IVs and the first 1 had the right nature. The second one didn't, even though I had the Synchronise Frames Only on.

I don't know whether there's a problem with the RNG Reporter or something but if there's something I missed could someone help me or should it be reported as an error?

Edit: Infact now that I think about it both times the RNG reporter gave me the same Seed and same times when searching for Slot 4 and 5.

And only ID? (No specific SID?)

And it's just like the normal/wild ID/SID abusing? Because of the Roamers different PID?
Yes it's just like normal ID/SID abuse. The only difference I remember is that I chose set the shiny frame 866 it would make 863 the shiny frame. I think it's because Pandora's box doesn't hone in on the actual PID. If you play around with it you'll eventually get the right frame shiny. Basically switch back and forth between Pandora's box and the main window and test the IDs/SIDs to see if they make your target frame shiny. If your target frame is 866 and frame 863 is the shiny frame change your target frame to 867 then try again, if that doesn't work try 868 then try again etc.
Perhaps there's an easier way but that's how I did it and it doesn't take long if you have 2 instances RNG reporter open. One for pandora's box, the other to check the IDs/SIDs so you don't have to close Pandora's box every time.

Ok, so I finally worked out why nothing was working. I lost a Master Ball and 3 Rare Candies in the process but at least I know now.

QUESTION:

When I tried to RNG something in Chargestone Cave at Encounter Slot 5. Instead, I ran into something from Encounter Slot 7. So I tried Slot 4 instead and got Slot 5.

Both times they had the right IVs and the first 1 had the right nature. The second one didn't, even though I had the Synchronise Frames Only on.

I don't know whether there's a problem with the RNG Reporter or something but if there's something I missed could someone help me or should it be reported as an error?

Edit: Infact now that I think about it both times the RNG reporter gave me the same Seed and same times when searching for Slot 4 and 5.
You failed to advance to your target PID frame. You made the error, not RNG reporter. Perhaps you forgot to account for NPCs (find your SSF).

Have you even looked at your PID frames in the main window? It should be fairly obvious that every encounter slot is obtainable on any given seed. The only reason to select an encounter slot in the time finder would be if you're searching for a shiny and your shiny target only appears in 1 encounter slot.

Hey guys its my birthday today so I was going to start my new copy of Pokemon Black today. Can someone give me a basic rundown on how to abuse my Trainer ID in order to get easier low frame shinies please? I want to do it today so I can start my game on my bday.

Hey guys its my birthday today so I was going to start my new copy of Pokemon Black today. Can someone give me a basic rundown on how to abuse my Trainer ID in order to get easier low frame shinies please? I want to do it today so I can start my game on my bday.
You can read Kaphotics Beta Version of the Comprehensive RNG Guide (3rd post). ID/SID abuse is pretty useless in gen 5 though (except for roamers). It gives you 1 guaranteed shiny frame on 1 seed. Personally I don't think 1 frame on 1 seed is worth RNGing my ID/SID.

EDIT: Oh, just saw you're starting a new copy of Black. That's not going to work. You need your parameters to RNG your ID/SID.

You can read Kaphotics Beta Version of the Comprehensive RNG Guide (3rd post). ID/SID abuse is pretty useless in gen 5 though (except for roamers). It gives you 1 guaranteed shiny frame on 1 seed. Personally I don't think 1 frame on 1 seed is worth RNGing my ID/SID.

EDIT: Oh, just saw you're starting a new copy of Black. That's not going to work. You need your parameters to RNG your ID/SID.
Oh ok guess I will just start my new game then and go from there. Thanks anyway though.

Using 9.81 BETA.

I was trying to RNGing a Shiny Tynamo (encounter slot 11) just for to get all the shiny pokemon in my dex.

Using "FC6B3A76DC2101FD" as a seed, RNG Reporter gave me an initial frame of 45. My shiny frame was on frame 57. That means I had to turn 6 times. Note that the floor I was on has no Wandering NPCs according to this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3559115&postcount=7803

For some reason, I kept on getting a level 25 Joltik instead (encounter slot 5).

Assuming it was just timer0 messing with me, I kept on trying... until I encountered a Ferroseed instead. Next time I encountered the Joltik, I caught it to see it's nature. Turns out it matched the nature/encounter slot/gender of frame 59.

Upon my next attempt, I only turned 5 times, and I ended up getting the Tynamo.

My question is, why did this happen? There's apparently no wandering NPCs, I didn't have my C-Gear on, etc. I didn't make any unnecessary PID advances, yet it kept on ending up 2 frames ahead. Is there something else advancing the frame in Chargestone Cave, like the electricity coming out from the rocks?

Using 9.81 BETA.

I was trying to RNGing a Shiny Tynamo (encounter slot 11) just for to get all the shiny pokemon in my dex.

Using "FC6B3A76DC2101FD" as a seed, RNG Reporter gave me an initial frame of 45. My shiny frame was on frame 57. That means I had to turn 6 times. Note that the floor I was on has no Wandering NPCs according to this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3559115&postcount=7803

For some reason, I kept on getting a level 25 Joltik instead (encounter slot 5).

Assuming it was just timer0 messing with me, I kept on trying... until I encountered a Ferroseed instead. Next time I encountered the Joltik, I caught it to see it's nature. Turns out it matched the nature/encounter slot/gender of frame 59.

Upon my next attempt, I only turned 5 times, and I ended up getting the Tynamo.

My question is, why did this happen? There's apparently no wandering NPCs, I didn't have my C-Gear on, etc. I didn't make any unnecessary PID advances, yet it kept on ending up 2 frames ahead. Is there something else advancing the frame in Chargestone Cave, like the electricity coming out from the rocks?
I'm not completely sure, but from my experience turning differently than the last time (like turning 180 degrees instead of 90) might have advanced it by 3.

My question is... why didn't you simply use Chatots?

Thought turning + walking would have been faster. That, and I've been lazy in catching and transferring Chatots.
Not the way your doing it. (How ever you do it, that is)

I do this myself, but I use "tricks" to do that correctly. Even still, I'll need Chatots to get to the target PID frame. (So do you)

Not the way your doing it. (How ever you do it, that is)

I do this myself, but I use "tricks" to do that correctly. Even still, I'll need Chatots to get to the target PID frame. (So do you)
The closer my target frame is to my starting frame, the more likely I am to go from walking back and forth (advancing PID frame by 8 per "cycle") to just turning. I'd assume taking 2 steps, turning each time would be faster than going through 8 Chatot crys, but since I haven't actually tried Chatot yet, I'm not one to say. Note that I'm saying this because I haven't actually done any RNGs in places with wandering NPCs yet, so I'll be transferring Chatots once I get to RNG breeding and expect it to be useful and necessary in those situations.

However, I'll watch out for turns advancing the frame by 3 in the future. Don't think I've ever heard of this before though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)