Insatiable Lust

Introduction
Have you ever blitz someone so bad that you made them ragequit? Have you ever wanted to? Well this team that I have constructed should do just the thing. If not, it would at least grant you the victory…most likely. With this team, you will either defeat the opponent by a large margin, or lose by a large margin. But most likely, if you play your cards right then the latter should not be a reality for you. Basically this is a baton pass team that transfers the power ups to a designated pokemon. The key here are pokemons who have moves that do heavy damage to a long range of pokemons in the OU metagame, such as Nidoking and Electivire. Their mediocre speed does not suffice, so with this speed boost and power boost they should rip through the opponent if set correctly. And if you are worried about skarms, swamperts, and hippowdons then fear not as they will do you no harm. This team has great synergy, in my opinion. The reason I call it Insatiable Lust is because they are never satisfied with the power boost, and continue to grow in strength

Analysis

Gorebyss

HP 252
Attack
Defense
Special Attack
Special Defense 24
Speed 232
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Calm
Item: White Herb
Moveset: Shell Smash, Baton Pass, Surf, Substitute

Gorebyss is the primary lead here. Most leads aren’t able to one shot this pokemon. Once you use shell smash, you easily outspeed the opponent and come to two options: Baton Pass or Substitute, or sometimes even attack. You would use substitute when you know the other lead will switch out or if they use an attack that doesn’t really damage Gorebyss. You would attack if there is a threat, which you need to knock out. But usually you would end up baton passing right after shell smash. The item held is white herb which would negate the side effect of shell smash. By the way, If you predict an incoming electric attack, then Nidoking is your man to pass to

Nidoking

HP 4
Attack
Defense
Special Attack 252
Special Defense
Speed 252
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb
Moveset: Flamethrower, Earth Power, Thunder, Ice Beam

One of the receivers of the team. With his new ability sheer force, which increases damage of moves with extra effect, along with his movepool and life orb, he is a sight to behold. He has flamethrower to get rid of those steels, grass, and bugs. Ice beam is to take out those dragons. Earth power is his stab which does a pretty good amount of damage too. You are probably wondering why I have thunder. Well we all know about those politoeds running around. Usually politoad would try to perish song my lead into passing the song unto the other partners, when I sense this I pass to nidoking after a shell smash ignoring the first countdown. With Thunder powered up by sheer force and life orb and 100 percent accuracy because of rain, politoad will not trouble no more. From here on out it should be an easy sweep. If anything stops his path, I would use the appropriate passer for the situation at hand. Usually right after shell smash pass Gorebyss to Nidoking, its a straight sweep to the win. But if that doesnt happen, theres still more...

Smeargle

HP 4
Attack
Defense252
Special Attack
Special Defense
Speed 252
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Jolly
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset: Spore, Quiver Dance, Ingrain, baton pass

If the opponent has a speed which is not higher than smeargle, I will use smeargle. I would go first and use spore. Following that I will use ingrain. This will stop those pesky skarms and hippowdons, and those roar users in their tracks. The worst case scenario is that the opponent wakes up right after spore, but that usually doesn’t happen often. If there is a sandstorm or hail, I would not risk another turn as I will lose my focus sash ability do to not being full health. If that is the case then i baton pass to another passer having achieved something important, ingrain. If there is no weather then I would simply use quiver dance to give me another boost. Following that, I would bp to another passer.

Vaporeon

HP 100
Attack
Defense 220
Special Attack
Special Defense 40
Speed 148
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
Item: Mental Herb
Moveset: Roar, Acid Armor, Substitute Baton Pass

Vaporeons sole job is to power up the bulkiness of the team, and stop other boosters in their tracks with roar. If acid armor is used the right amount of time, sub can be used and then passed off. He has mental herb so that if anyone taunts, it will be negated. Vaporeon can also be switched into if you predict an incoming aqua jet, which is one of the thing Nidoking fears the most.

Espeon

HP 120
Attack
Defense
Special Attack
Special Defense 212
Speed 176
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Timid
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Psychic/stored power, Baton Pass, Calm Mind, Substitute

Ahhh Espeon…where shall I begin. Espeon is extremely vital in the team. You can easily switch him into a taunt, stealth rock, spikes, thunder wave, will-o-wisp attack that you predict. Following that you can sub and calm mind. If you are able to have Gorebyss stay with a sub and pass, definitely consider Espeon. Behind the sub you can calm mind and with the speed boost from Gorebyss, Espeon could take on the opponent as well with stab Psychic. Stored power can be a good option too if Espeon got a previous boost from shell smash or quiver Dance. Although Espeon isn’t really the ultimate sweeper of my team, that title belongs to….

Dragonite

HP
Attack 56
Defense
Special Attack 252
Special Defense
Speed 200
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Mild
Item: Lum Berry
Moveset: Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Earthquake

Yes. Dragonite. With multiscale, ddance couldn’t have been easier. Except my Dragonite isn’t a ddancer. WHAT?! Yeah you heard right. Hes a mixnite, a pretty effective one too if you ask me. I would even venture to say hes better than a ddance dragonite as mixnite is much more useful for this team. If you had ingrain set, your in luck because Dragonite gains 1/6 of his health each turn. That is definitely great with his ability multiscale. The only downside is that he is able to receive damage from ground moves. But by that time he is super bulky due to the boosts. He comes with earthquake, flamethrower, ice beam, and draco meteor which is his go to move when he fights an ultimate bulk. You wont even notice the side effect of draco meteor after the first use because dragonite should still have a special attack boost, or be neutral as if not decreased at all. And he has lum berry to ensure he will continue the onslaught. With his stat and moves, Dragonite is the ultimate sweeper after being setup properly.

Conclusion
If you are able to even finish the battle, then you are very lucky as a lot of people lose their hopes once they see the insane boost and ragequit. But although this team is gimmicky, its really fun to use, and uses a lot of prediction skills which can help become even better.

Threats
If smeargle faints, phazers can come in and mess things up unless you can flip it around with Espeon's magic bounce of Vaporeon's item (although vaporeon's counter isnt permenant along with Espeon as it could faint, which is why ingrain is so important). Entry hazards should not have a chance to setup at all, or else smeargles focus sash is rendered useless. One of the most annoying pokemon to fight seems to be excadrill. The way i go about it is using vaporeon, which makes the opponent switch out and you will have a chance to acid armor and sub if you like. If he decides to attack, it wont do as much damage as vaporean does a good job in bulkiness. One more pokemon who posses a huge threat is Weezing, due to haze which will pretty much destroy everything i worked on. But hopefully by the time Weezing is out, you should already have had a good boost to faint it.

I appreciate your time invested in reading this, and I would like to hear your feedback regarding this team, and how i can improve on it.

Just a nitpick, but Sheer Force does NOT raise the power of super effective moves; that's expert belt. It actually raises the power of moves that have a secondary chance (like Fire Blast's 10% chance to burn) by 30%, but the moves don't do do that with the ability (so Fire Blast would then never cause burn). Anyway, nice team, but I can't rate it right now; I'm going to bed. 'Night!

Since you are going to be switching around a lot, I suggest you get a Rapid Spinner to blow away any spikes and SR

A few small things:
1. I know you primarily use thunder against rain teams, but the accuracy can break a nidoking sweep with a miss. Especially if you shell smash baton passed to it, I really don't think the extra 25 basepower is making extra KOs. Remember the paralysis side effect is removed by sheer force.

2. Why is Smeargle mild?

You have an interesting team, but the thing I see is maybe that you hava far too many baton passers. Maybe you can get rid of on of those and add another sweeper, or even a rapid speener as someone suggested (:

Just a nitpick, but Sheer Force does NOT raise the power of super effective moves; that's expert belt. It actually raises the power of moves that have a secondary chance (like Fire Blast's 10% chance to burn) by 30%, but the moves don't do do that with the ability (so Fire Blast would then never cause burn). Anyway, nice team, but I can't rate it right now; I'm going to bed. 'Night!
Oh right I keep getting expert belt and sheer force mixed up, going to fix that now thanks.

Since you are going to be switching around a lot, I suggest you get a Rapid Spinner to blow away any spikes and SR
I mean Espeon usually gets the job done and actually helps me setup spikes and stealth rock on my opponent. They dont dare try to setup after, and if Espeon does happen to faint later on, by that time their spikes/stealth rock setup pokemon is long gone.

A few small things:
1. I know you primarily use thunder against rain teams, but the accuracy can break a nidoking sweep with a miss. Especially if you shell smash baton passed to it, I really don't think the extra 25 basepower is making extra KOs. Remember the paralysis side effect is removed by sheer force.

2. Why is Smeargle mild?
wow typo, smeargle should be jolly not mild. I usually dont use thunder unless im in rain, that way my accuracy is on point. When i fight water pokemon, rain is almost always in effect already.

You have an interesting team, but the thing I see is maybe that you hava far too many baton passers. Maybe you can get rid of on of those and add another sweeper, or even a rapid speener as someone suggested (:
Originally in place of Vaporeon I had Electivire as a mixed sweeper, who did an okay job. But I found that Vaporeon was much more reliable as he could roar out a future sweeper and powerup the defense of my team

Have you tried Lucario as a BP reciever? It has high attack and decent speed, and it can run an amazing number of different sets.

Just a nitpick, I would advise you run Stored Power over Psychic on Espeon, because after a few boosts it hits crazy hard.

Have you tried Lucario as a BP reciever? It has high attack and decent speed, and it can run an amazing number of different sets.
Tried, and he took down part of the team, but he was never able to fully sweep an entire party, which is a feat Nidoking is capable of.

Just a nitpick, I would advise you run Stored Power over Psychic on Espeon, because after a few boosts it hits crazy hard.
Ive actually thought about stored power, but it seemed kind of weak, especially since i would throw espeon (with no boost yet) to counter stealth/taunt/spikes. But I just tried it now and it worked wonders!

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, since you're using so many passers, I'm guessing you're attempting a bp chain team, rather than hyper offense. I suggest that you get rid of gorebyss completely since it really relies on dual screens (Getting rid of dragonite for deo s as a dual screener is another viable option if you want to keep gorebyss.) If you get rid of gorebyss, I would use mew.

Mew@leftovers
Timid
252 spe / 252 def / 4 hp
-iron defense
-amnesia
-taunt
-baton pass

This set allows mew to easily get defensive boosts. It attracts ttar very frequently, and can set up at least +4 def and +2 sp def before passing if ttar stays in. Taunt prevents any other taunter besides thundurus/whimsicott from preventing your pass or statusing mew while it sets up.

If you decide to use mew, I would suggest getting rid of vaporeon for togekiss. Togekiss is naturally bulky and has amazing sp atk.
Togekiss@leftovers or lum
Bold
252 def / 252 spe (if you would rather be more specially bulky, you can sacrifice some def evs)
-air slash
-nasty plot
-baton pass
-roost / aura sphere

If togekiss has speed and defenses passed to it, it can very frequently sweep teams after a nasty plot and can pass before it goes down.

For dragonite, I think you should run dragon pulse over draco meteor. It loses it's sweeping potential after a draco meteor

Another small suggestion you might take into consideration is using shift gear on smeargle over quiver dance. Smeargle usually only has 1 safe turn of set up, so you might really appreciate the +2 speed that shift gear gets (dragonite will need the +1 attack if it ever receives a pass).

For espeon, try moving the sp def to def. Espeon more frequently attracts physical attacks and needs as much defensive investment as possible to benefit from defense passes.

Hi, since you're using so many passers, I'm guessing you're attempting a bp chain team, rather than hyper offense. I suggest that you get rid of gorebyss completely since it really relies on dual screens (Getting rid of dragonite for deo s as a dual screener is another viable option if you want to keep gorebyss.) If you get rid of gorebyss, I would use mew.

Mew@leftovers
Timid
252 spe / 252 def / 4 hp
-iron defense
-amnesia
-taunt
-baton pass

This set allows mew to easily get defensive boosts. It attracts ttar very frequently, and can set up at least +4 def and +2 sp def before passing if ttar stays in. Taunt prevents any other taunter besides thundurus/whimsicott from preventing your pass or statusing mew while it sets up.

If you decide to use mew, I would suggest getting rid of vaporeon for togekiss. Togekiss is naturally bulky and has amazing sp atk.
Togekiss@leftovers or lum
Bold
252 def / 252 spe (if you would rather be more specially bulky, you can sacrifice some def evs)
-air slash
-nasty plot
-baton pass
-roost / aura sphere

If togekiss has speed and defenses passed to it, it can very frequently sweep teams after a nasty plot and can pass before it goes down.

For dragonite, I think you should run dragon pulse over draco meteor. It loses it's sweeping potential after a draco meteor

Another small suggestion you might take into consideration is using shift gear on smeargle over quiver dance. Smeargle usually only has 1 safe turn of set up, so you might really appreciate the +2 speed that shift gear gets (dragonite will need the +1 attack if it ever receives a pass).

For espeon, try moving the sp def to def. Espeon more frequently attracts physical attacks and needs as much defensive investment as possible to benefit from defense passes.
This team is more of a quick pass, the only time it shifts into full pass is if the beginning gets wrecked such as gorebyss gets one shotted which is rare or something similar early on, then i start the full pass. Most of the time all i need is one shell smash and then nidoking can just sweep. But in case things go wrong at the beginning, thats when I start dishing out the passes. I implemented your pokemon but they are not as reliable as my previous members, and the wins usually take much longer as compared to just sweeping in a matter of a minute. However I was thinking about replacing vaporeon with mew, but vaporeon held its weight better against most of the pokemon, especially pokemon like scizor. And quiver dance gave me more of a special defense boost which helps dragonite eat those ice beams. I was stuck between draco meteor and dpulse because draco meteor wouldnt result to a significant loss as Dragonite already had a special attack boost, but the reason I had draco meteor was so that it can ensure the defeat of bulks, but after implementing dragon pulse, I found it to be much better in his arsenal so ill definitely take that recommendation!

Change Nidoking's nature to Modest or timid. You don't have any physical attacks on him so there is no need to use a mild nature.

Change Nidoking's nature to Modest or timid. You don't have any physical attacks on him so there is no need to use a mild nature.
epic typo, my team viewer has timid in it, i dunno why the hell or how I ended up typing mild. But thnx for bringing that up to my attention

dude, this team is sick! I've been using it in the last matches, and if everything goes right, it's WONDERFUL!

the only problem is if gorebyss gets OHKOed.. if you are able to make big chains, you may end up with a 1000's in all stats dragonite! lol

dude, this team is sick! I've been using it in the last matches, and if everything goes right, it's WONDERFUL!

the only problem is if gorebyss gets OHKOed.. if you are able to make big chains, you may end up with a 1000's in all stats dragonite! lol
really? Ive swept even without the help of gorebyss, you can still have help from quiver dance smeargle and the rest of the passers but good to know its working out for you! Keep rippin em up!

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hmmmm this team seems good but yea i would recommend switching thunder fro tbolt because it isnt tht much more base power and a miss could end up killing nidoking

hmmmm this team seems good but yea i would recommend switching thunder fro tbolt because it isnt tht much more base power and a miss could end up killing nidoking
Like i mentioned previously, thunder is 100 percent accuracy in the rain, and majority of my battles with water pokemon have them powered up by drizzle in which Thunder can be used. Thunder will one shot politoed, I tried thunderbolt and politoed survived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)