Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you fight and defeat an interaction legendary, do you lock its stats for each time it respawns?

I ask because using victini for EV training seems like a pretty sweet deal, but at the end of the day I'd rather catch and keep a well-statted out victini. If I use it for training, will i be able to soft reset for stats and nature later?
I'm pretty sure that if u save just be4 battleing a legendary , and reset the game everytime it isnt what u want , that u can keep getting different IV sets and natures.
This was the case in DPP , not sure if it still is in B/W .

I'm pretty sure that if u save just be4 battleing a legendary , and reset the game everytime it isnt what u want , that u can keep getting different IV sets and natures.
This was the case in DPP , not sure if it still is in B/W .
Oh, I know that (and have spent many hours soft resetting for legendaries) but my question is, if I fight and beat victini over and over for its 3 HP EVs, will it have different stats and natures each time it respawns or will these be determined the first time i fight it and locked for each encounter thereafter?

Is it possible to self-generate money in BW even though there is no VS Seeker?
In addition that Virizion said, there are many trainers in Nimbasa's stadiums everyday (with an Amulet Coin, you can make a little fortune, hehehe), and the Royal Unova in Castelia which sails every evening*.

* And, if you manage to battle all trainers before the ship sets in castelia again, you get a Rare Candy.

The Riches' family is a good way, but after you battled the six members, you cannot battle them at more. And the Relic Items at Abyssal Ruins aren't respawnable, I suppose (unlike some Pearls ans Stardusts in the East Unova Routes).

Another way is steal Cosmic Shards from Lunatone and Solrock (I suggest you use a high-leveled Frisk Pokémon with Thief -- like Gothitelle -- without any held item), but only 1% of them have the item, I think.

Anyway, stealing items from Pokémon is a good idea -- i got two Light Clays with Gollets.

Hi! I am new here and have tried to raise Pokemon, but have seen other people get so good Pokemon with the right IV. For me it seem impossible to get the right IV with right Nature and so on. So i wonder what do you do to get it right.

has nayone had this problem. I try to get onto the entralink but everytime it says you need to wait a day for it to recharge anybody know how to fix it

has nayone had this problem. I try to get onto the entralink but everytime it says you need to wait a day for it to recharge anybody know how to fix it
You shouldn't need to wait a day to get into the Entralink; you can go in whenever.

To access the Dream World, however, uploading a Pokemon to system requires a 24 hour cool down period.

If this is what you're talking about, then wait another day or so and try again.

Otherwise, changing the time on your DS will cause it to reset and need another 24 hours. The same applies to switching between DS systems.

You shouldn't need to wait a day to get into the Entralink; you can go in whenever.

To access the Dream World, however, uploading a Pokemon to system requires a 24 hour cool down period.

If this is what you're talking about, then wait another day or so and try again.

Otherwise, changing the time on your DS will cause it to reset and need another 24 hours. The same applies to switching between DS systems.

Ya thats what i ment but I have waited three days andd its said the same thing everyday

They have to be used in the same turn in order to get the boost (and only the second one will get the boost).
What about in triples ? Where say zekrom uses fusion bolt and reshiram uses fusion flare and victini uses fusion bolt ? Do both reshiram and victini get the boost or just reshiram? I ask because technically both are going after the boosting move...

Why is it that I've had my team battle-ready for about three days, but I haven't yet asked in the Wi-Fi subforum for a battle? I feel unconfident in my ability to battle with 6v6 Standard teams, although I know that I can predict well, etc.. maybe it's because I'm still unsure of who would disconnect when I would be winning? I don't really have a way to prove if someone disconnects, I could only hope that EE and Eep take my word for it.

tl;dr: I want to test my team but I can't ask in the thread full of potential disconnectors (obviously except for Faladran), and I don't want to individually ask random trustable people because it'd seem awkward to just randomly request a battle

two espeons.
espeon A and espeon B.
espeon A used toxic.
espeon B's magic bounce reflected the toxic!
espeon A was badly poisoned.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
two espeons.
espeon A and espeon B.
espeon A used toxic.
espeon B's magic bounce reflected the toxic!
espeon A was badly poisoned.
So in that scenario it would be best for espeon A to have synchronize instead of magic bounce?

I don't remember if I got an answer out of this yet.

The way I have my PO set up, it saves battle logs as Firefox documents. However, should the urge strike me (as it has in the past) to add commentary and try to make it a warstory, exporting to text just results in a huge jumble of HTML tags and other unappealing nonsense.

Any of you guys know a way to get around this?

I don't remember if I got an answer out of this yet.

The way I have my PO set up, it saves battle logs as Firefox documents. However, should the urge strike me (as it has in the past) to add commentary and try to make it a warstory, exporting to text just results in a huge jumble of HTML tags and other unappealing nonsense.

Any of you guys know a way to get around this?
Does copying and pasting the text from the Firefox window not work?

What is the differences between Bulk Up scrafty and DD scrafty?

And what about between SD Lucario and NP Lucario?

What is the more reccommended of each?

Hi! I am new here and have tried to raise Pokemon, but have seen other people get so good Pokemon with the right IV. For me it seem impossible to get the right IV with right Nature and so on. So i wonder what do you do to get it right.
I noticed this went unanswered. A lot of people who are patient enough to learn manipulate the Random Number Generator (RNG) to get perfect Pokemon. A quick forum search should pull up some good guides. Others breed for the IVs by using high-IVd parents to pass on the right ones. A few (like myself) use Pokemon with totally imperfect IVs and occasionally suffer the consequences.

What is the differences between Bulk Up scrafty and DD scrafty?

And what about between SD Lucario and NP Lucario?

What is the more reccommended of each?
Bulk Up Scrafty is... bulkier. The movesets are usually pretty similar though, BU or DD with Crunch, Drain Punch, and Ice Punch.

SD Lucario gets the benefit of Extremespeed while NP uses Vacuum Wave. In both cases, the "better" set generally depends on what your team needs. However, I think BU Scrafty is more popular.

I noticed this went unanswered. A lot of people who are patient enough to learn manipulate the Random Number Generator (RNG) to get perfect Pokemon. A quick forum search should pull up some good guides. Others breed for the IVs by using high-IVd parents to pass on the right ones. A few (like myself) use Pokemon with totally imperfect IVs and occasionally suffer the consequences.

Bulk Up Scrafty is... bulkier. The movesets are usually pretty similar though, BU or DD with Crunch, Drain Punch, and Ice Punch.

SD Lucario gets the benefit of Extremespeed while NP uses Vacuum Wave. In both cases, the "better" set generally depends on what your team needs. However, I think BU Scrafty is more popular.
BU Scrafty isn't that good, from what I've seen. Unless Scrafty completely walls what it's up against, it's difficult to set-up and it's slow, so you'll likely get hit, BU once, get hit again and die before you can heal. DD Scrafty, however, can utilize Moxie (with Lum Berry, of course), Ice Punch (BU usually needs Rest), and after one DD, it's faster than Thundurus, Latios, etc.

Although, in all honesty, it depends on what you need when considering Scrafty.

Which Gen. V fighting-type pkmn do you recommend?

Right now it's either Scrafty or Meinshao for me.
I'm using Mienshao on my team right now. The standard Naïve HP-Ice set (96 SpA EV's; it ensures the OHKO on Gliscor in case I don't have Rocks up) is good for me so far, helping with Dragonite, Salamence, and other such Ice-weak threats while still having a strong HJK and a useful scouting move, which also heals it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)