Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would just like to know which hacks are legal (in general)?. because im trying to work this out, but i just dont see any mention of this topic anywhere (i spent 3 hours searching for this, and i racked up an internet bill of $300).
Basically, it should be something that you can get in-game. It's possible to hack in an Infernape with a moveset of ThunderPunch/Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Mach Punch for example, but one with Ice Punch over Mach Punch would be illegal. The stats should also conform to normal ranges, so you can't have stuff like 999 Speed Swampert as well.

i would just like to know which hacks are legal (in general)?. because im trying to work this out, but i just dont see any mention of this topic anywhere (i spent 3 hours searching for this, and i racked up an internet bill of $300).
Legal hacks are just timesavers.
Basically , u go to a site where anything of a pokemon is explained.
Lets say a blissey.
Ingame u'd have to breed several times to get the nature + ability u want.
Where a legal hack saves u that time.
Also on a legal hack people usually have 31 IV's all around , wich would take only a lifetime to get by breeding.
For a hack to remain 'legal' , u cant have any attacks that the pokemon cant learn , cant have any ability a pokemon cant learn , cant have more then 510 EV's total and so on.

Is there a link to a charizard analysis without Solar Power? Since I can't breed a solar power charizard...should I use the D/P/Pt analysis's?

Is there a link to a charizard analysis without Solar Power? Since I can't breed a solar power charizard...should I use the D/P/Pt analysis's?
You could use Bond697's free HP-Electric 70 Timid DW Charmander from his PokéCheck account. Of course, if it gets the ribbon, you can't trade it here or on the GTS, but you seem to only want it for battles, so it'll work fine.

Since one cannot transfer a Surfing Pikachu/Raichu from HS/SS, would it be considered "illegal" or "cheating" to have it re-learn surf through an AR code once arrived in Black or White? :P

how much of a difference will it make if you make a poke that has imperfect ivs than breeding for the ivs you want? (in other words is it worth the time spent breeding?)

It's Hidden Power likely won't be the right type and power, and it's stats will be slightly lower (then if it had perfect IV's), becoming more noticeable as you get closer to level 100.

Since one cannot transfer a Surfing Pikachu/Raichu from HS/SS, would it be considered "illegal" or "cheating" to have it re-learn surf through an AR code once arrived in Black or White? :P
Yes.

how much of a difference will it make if you make a poke that has imperfect ivs than breeding for the ivs you want? (in other words is it worth the time spent breeding?)
Yes, but learn how to RNG. That will cut down the time required considerably :)

Is Smogon slow for anyone else today? All other websites load normally, but it takes a minute or two just to load a Smogon page.

its slow for me too...

anyway, what is the best way to get dream points in the dream world? How long would it take to get from 0-2,500 Dream Points?

its slow for me too...

anyway, what is the best way to get dream points in the dream world? How long would it take to get from 0-2,500 Dream Points?
The best way is to collect a lot of Dream Pals, and go to their houses and use up your 20 watering cans every day, and then go through the Dream Isle and play games, and bring back a Pokémon every day. Also always keep your share shelf fully stocked with useful things (i.e. type resist/EV berries). It will probably take a couple weeks.

You could use Bond697's free HP-Electric 70 Timid DW Charmander from his PokéCheck account. Of course, if it gets the ribbon, you can't trade it here or on the GTS, but you seem to only want it for battles, so it'll work fine.
Yeah I already did that to use in my battles lol =) but actually I was going to breed it for my thread on Marriland...I'll just go with the D/P/Pt sets =)

Is a UU team of
~Victini (standard Scarf)
~Mew (Taunt + WoW)
~Celebi (support)
~Deoxys-D (support)
~Mismagius (SubPlot)
~Hitmontop (Foresight + Spin, standard)
any good? I know it has a ton of trouble with Ghosts, especially 31 Spe Mismagius (Mine has HP-Fight 70, so 30 Spe IV); although I don't want to use Chansey to absorb Ghost attacks, because Chansey is quite boring to use.

5/6 of your team is weak to the Dark and Ghost. I'd consider dropping Celebi, but I'm not to familiar with UU to be honest.
Well, the original theme of the team was to use the four BST 600 pixies, but I replaced LO Shaymin with Missy because she beats Chansey 1v1, which Shaymin can't do. Celebi is mainly for Heal Bell support, as I use Rest on Hitmontop to stick around longer, and I'm thinking of putting CM Cobalion on my team to resist Ghost/Dark type attacks, but I dunno.

Or Umbreon. It gets Heal Bell and provides good resists as well.

Could Modest be used over Timid on an NP Toxicroak?
Yes, but you will miss out on outspeeding base 73 pokemon and up. Some important pokes to note in UU are Heracross, Kingdra, Mamoswine, Medicham, Nidoking/queen, Togekiss, and Smeargle. Ou threats you wont outspeed include Chandy, D-nite, Gyara, and Heatran.

If that's all I miss out on then good. Chandelure and Heatran aren't too much of a concern cause of Rain, and I really shouldn't be in on D-Nite and Gyara anyway. Thanks.

I've been trying to capture a useable Thundurus, but everytime I get him his stats and nature are exactly the same. I hadn't encountered him before (or rather I did, but I reset my game afterwards). Are his nature and stats therefore determined from the beginning of the game (like Lati(o/a)s in 3rd gen or the legendary dogs in FR/LG)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)