Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

It's so good :I
Lately, however, I've been doing Shotgun Only Heavy with some Fists of Steel to deal with sentries. Been doing it a lot with my bros and TheMantyke, and it works more than it should some times (and it's a fun gimmick).

but otherwise I just rape with heavy by going Tomi/Sandv/GRU. It's hard not to rape with that loadout.
SHOOVY AND GROOVY REPRESENT.

I think heavy's in need of some sort of nerf, particularly to the Sandvich and GRU. It's amazing to see the road the Sandvich has taken from pretty underpowered, to good, to maybe a little too good. I'd like to see thrown Sandviches only heal teammates. 95% of the time when I play Heavy, I don't eat the full Sanvich, I just toss it for a free health pack. At the very least, I'd like so see the old recharge mechanic make a comeback where you had an infinite Sandvich until you threw it.

I'd way in on a Tomislav nerf too, but I honestly haven't used it enough for my opinion to be of any use. I can't put down my default Minigun.

Oh, and to all of you lurking this thread, hop onto #tf2 sometime. There's a lot of chit chat about the game, a few trades here and there, and occasionally we all flood a server which leads to some interesting shenanigans.

It's so good :I
Lately, however, I've been doing Shotgun Only Heavy with some Fists of Steel to deal with sentries. Been doing it a lot with my bros and TheMantyke, and it works more than it should some times (and it's a fun gimmick).

but otherwise I just rape with heavy by going Tomi/Sandv/GRU. It's hard not to rape with that loadout.
yessssssss special needs scout !!

speaking of scout, good LORD. anyone who's trying to get better at this, turn your mouse sensitivity down. now i twitch onto targets instead of finding someone and firing over their shoulder and such.

also i've been running completely vanilla loadout, though i've been toying with the idea of throwing in the atomizer. thoughts ? i can't really think of many times where a 3rd jump would get me out of trouble, though. are there any windows or something i could get into with it ? something that comes to mind is the left window on goldrush 2, on defense, but usually an engie sets up camp there so i wouldn't wanna go in the first place.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/110629

What the solomn vow should have been.

Edit vvv: Or people using Team Chat
This is fucking rad; I'm so bad at making small patches to my game, but I would love to have this.

haha nice vid mantyke. I've had a few sorta same scenarios where I'm stuck, 2 uber saw hits to a heavy and I uber back to safety. The saw is ridiculously good. I think the Vita Saw is also a great saw

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I forgot to mention how awesome that skin is, I really need that weapon now.

Also it seems that valve has the soldiers space weapons paintable, although not officially in the game, yet.

Somebody on the steam forums made a plugin to test it and

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577803866494570010/F0816BAA1B412C59E273D69D9D64EA9225592DD4/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577803866494611746/A33F25C708717D61EEC7FD235619FDF505B3EFE0/

Yeah that may happen, I have a soft spot for being able to tell what team is what (I have team coloured fire skin for pyro) I won't be happy if I have to see that.

as far as i can tell we won't see paintable weapons any time soon; valve just used the paint system to colour the weapons and that has the unfortunate side effect of making people think paintable weapons are on the way.

yessssssss special needs scout !!

speaking of scout, good LORD. anyone who's trying to get better at this, turn your mouse sensitivity down. now i twitch onto targets instead of finding someone and firing over their shoulder and such.

also i've been running completely vanilla loadout, though i've been toying with the idea of throwing in the atomizer. thoughts ? i can't really think of many times where a 3rd jump would get me out of trouble, though. are there any windows or something i could get into with it ? something that comes to mind is the left window on goldrush 2, on defense, but usually an engie sets up camp there so i wouldn't wanna go in the first place.

3 in. per 360 here 8)

The Atomizer is heaps better than the Bat IMO. With the third jump I've been getting on top of the Granary crates way easier, and been finding a lot more high-up props to stand on. It's also always useful incase you mess up some of the trickier double jumps, like getting back into Badlands battlements through the drop-down. And, of course, you're that much harder to airshot.

But then there's plenty of other Bat upgrades like the Basher, the Mackerel (DR detection + set bonus), and the Sandman.

I've actually tried recording a few uses of the Atomizer and I've found it works best on open maps with lots of elevated terrain. If you want to use the Atomizer, I'd recommend just creating your own server and messing around with the Triple Jump trying to get to weird and helpful places. It's a nice sidegrade considering you're only giving up your bat.

The Atomizer is a straight upgrade to the default bat, since you should never be actually pulling out the default bat anyway (the reload time for a single shell of scattergun is always faster than the weapon switch time).

SHOOVY AND GROOVY REPRESENT.

I think heavy's in need of some sort of nerf, particularly to the Sandvich and GRU. It's amazing to see the road the Sandvich has taken from pretty underpowered, to good, to maybe a little too good. I'd like to see thrown Sandviches only heal teammates. 95% of the time when I play Heavy, I don't eat the full Sanvich, I just toss it for a free health pack. At the very least, I'd like so see the old recharge mechanic make a comeback where you had an infinite Sandvich until you threw it.

I'd way in on a Tomislav nerf too, but I honestly haven't used it enough for my opinion to be of any use. I can't put down my default Minigun.

Oh, and to all of you lurking this thread, hop onto #tf2 sometime. There's a lot of chit chat about the game, a few trades here and there, and occasionally we all flood a server which leads to some interesting shenanigans.
Wait, 5% of the time you actually EAT your sandvich? 0.o
I don't think I've eaten the actual sandvich more than like twice since I got it. Usually just drop it and then GRU away to a healthpack. It's stupidly easy to do, and makes the heavy unreasonably difficult to kill, more so than it is already.

The Atomizer is a straight upgrade to the default bat, since you should never be actually pulling out the default bat anyway (the reload time for a single shell of scattergun is always faster than the weapon switch time).
Atomizer is so much fun. Let's be honest, nobody melees with the Scout (unless they're insane), as the scout's main weapon is like the best close quarters weapon in the game. The atomizer is just generally helpful with mobility, and on top of that, when used with the FaN (yes, I know), the quad jump gives you some very interesting abilities, like, as was already said, being able to jump up on the B point on cp_gravelpit and fuck over any soldiers trying to rocket jump up there with the FaN and raining down pistol shots all day. Also a quad jump is pure awesomeness, there is no denying.

PS. if anyone reads this, I'd like to get a handle on how many people have tried out the skins frm the Medieval "Update", because it seems like the number is inexcusably low.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got the demo pirate gear from the medieval pack. The splendid screen and booties are rather nice.

The boots that leg one leg a peg is excellent. I tried out using the demo with some of the items and I cannot for the life of me do well with the demoknight with those boots. Maybe if I get the Persian Persuader to help with HP (I was using the half-zat). Honestly the stickybombs are just do much better.

I got the demo pirate gear from the medieval pack. The splendid screen and booties are rather nice.

The boots that leg one leg a peg is excellent. I tried out using the demo with some of the items and I cannot for the life of me do well with the demoknight with those boots. Maybe if I get the Persian Persuader to help with HP (I was using the half-zat). Honestly the stickybombs are just do much better.
I've personally found the boots to be a real let down for the set. It's essentially giving up your Grenade Launcher for +25 Health and "more charge turning". That bonus is there, but it feels really awkward to execute. Maybe if they moved one of the Persian Persuader's attributes (either the charge recharge rate or the health ammo part) to the booties, I'd use them, but for now, I'll stick to some bombs. I personally love using the Loch-n-Load with the Persuader and Screen thanks to the low clip size. It's a lot harder to spam out your ammo.

Put the health-to-ammo on the boots. Given it takes away one of your non-melees, it makes more sense than 'derp sword makes ammo health'.

I've personally found the boots to be a real let down for the set. It's essentially giving up your Grenade Launcher for +25 Health and "more charge turning". That bonus is there, but it feels really awkward to execute. Maybe if they moved one of the Persian Persuader's attributes (either the charge recharge rate or the health ammo part) to the booties, I'd use them, but for now, I'll stick to some bombs. I personally love using the Loch-n-Load with the Persuader and Screen thanks to the low clip size. It's a lot harder to spam out your ammo.
The thing wit the booties is you need: 1)High-ass sensitivity and 2)Time to get used to the turn to use them. Otherwise they are not worth it. But if you do play at a high enough sensitivty or are comfortable enough with changing to a higher sensitivity it is exceedingly fun to charge around corners and kill unsuspecting opponents.

aaargh demoknights ): please change back to vanilla demos when we need to bust sentry farms or defend points, thanks. it is so frustrating asking for a demo to help bust a farm or help take a point and then someone waddles out with a goddamn eyelander

no we need stickies nooooooooo poking that heavy once won't help once he focuses on you for a fraction of a second and you go down. vanilla pipes/stickies supremacy.

aaargh demoknights ): please change back to vanilla demos when we need to bust sentry farms or defend points, thanks. it is so frustrating asking for a demo to help bust a farm or help take a point and then someone waddles out with a goddamn eyelander

no we need stickies nooooooooo poking that heavy once won't help once he focuses on you for a fraction of a second and you go down. vanilla pipes/stickies supremacy.
forced to über a demoknight
he charges away from me
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know dk is fun but it can be very frustrating for your teammates.

Best FPS? Project Blackout / A.V.A says hi.

Anyway, i've been interested in this game for a while, and i can't really say much when i haven't played it. I"ll check it out later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)