The mighty beetle (first Rmt)

*The Mighty Beetle*

*Hello people, I am a fan of Pokemon since the RBY version until now. I was happy with the cartridge game but now im getting bored, but I discovered the competitive part of pokemon at Gen 4 but at that time I was busy. I want really to test Heracross at that time, now i've got time to play but there are already Gen 5 out and Heracross fall down to UU. At the beginning I use other people team ( I know stealing is bad), rain offense, sandstall, rainstall, trickroom team. After testing these team, I really want to create mine with Heracross inside so i came up with this team and test it in the ladder.
So here the team.*

*Details about the team*

@ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mienshao is my “lead”, I use him most of the time at the beginning since I have a positive match up with Tyranitar, Ninetales and some Politoed set. Fake out is for breaking sash user, and deals some damage at frail Pokemon, fake out really help me since it's damage on politoed show me if it the bulky variants or scarf/choice ( 12% on the bulky one and 22% at the scarf/choice).
Hi jump kick is the best fighting stab, U-turn for scouting and Hidden power ice for Gliscor or dragon that try to switch in, his Special attack stat are not that bad. Regenerator is a good ability that help me recover from Life orb recoil damage. Overall I use him sometime as a lead or at late game cleaner. Max speed EV with speed boosting nature to abuse the 105 base speed and max Atk EV for increasing power.

Possible change: I dont think I need to change him for another pokemon.

Synergy:
-Psychic: Reuniclus, Skarmory, Heatran
-Flying: Skarmory

Some calcs:
0 SpAtk Life orb Mienshao Hidden Power Ice vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Gliscor : 90,4% - 106,21%
41,02% chance to OHKO.

0 SpAtk Life orb Mienshao Hidden Power Ice vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Salamence : 102,72% - 120,85 %
100% chance to OHKO

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Skarmory is my primary physical wall, he is my switch in for dragon move like outrage. He is also my only Pokemon to set up entry hazard. Whirlwind is for phazing, Brave bird to avoid being taunt bait and roost for recovery. He is the only one that can take choice band Scizor hit and dragon move so he must stay healthy all time. Magnezone make is job harder to do and remove him from the field to fast. Max Def and HP for better walling and easier to sponge hit.

Possible change: Magnezone really make me mad so maybe I will change him to other steel type capable of set up rocks, beat Magnezone and take dragon move (Heatran, Jirachi, maybe them but I don't know their set)

Synergy:
-Fire: Heatran, Gastrodon
-Electric: Gastrodon

@ Leftovers
Trait: Storm drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Specially defensive Gastrodon is my only answer to counter offensive rain team and provide me a reliable counter to Thundurus (except grass knot one) Without him rain team are to difficult to counter. Scald is for stab and burn rate, ice beam for dragon and flying pokemon, toxic to cripple Virizion who try to switch and recover for you know what . He also can wall Volcarona that can sweep my teams after several boost. Max Spdef and Hp EV for walling.

Possible change: He is only good vs rain teams other than that he is not really good.

Synergy:
-Grass:Skarmory,Heatran, Heracross

@ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Description:
The Choice band Heracross, he is why I create this team. I don't use flame or toxic orb since it reduced his lifespan instead i put him a Choice band to give him more power. Getting Status is easy this gen and Slowbro and Gastrodon are bait to toxic or burn. He his mostly my choice for switch in Rotom-Wash since he mostly give me a scarf or WoW thinking Gastrodon come in.
Heracross is a little bulky on the special side and can take some hit like Vaporeon scald in raining
condition. Megahorn and Close Combat arre stabs, Night shade are for ghost (Jellicent)and Stone edge for flying opponents. In conclusion I use him as a status absorber and wallbreaker, most physical wall can be 2OHKO or OHKO after guts boost except the annoying Gliscor.
His EV spread is for maximising his damage and outspeed bulky Rotom-w that think Heracross is slow.

Possible change:
Im happy with his performance, but maybe take away one of his coverage for sleeptalk?

Synergy:
-Flying: Skarmory, Heatran
-Psychic: Skarmory,Reuniclus, Heatran

Without guts:
252 Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs 252 HP/252 Def Skarmory: 53.29% - 63,17%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

252 Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs 252HP/252 Def Forretress: 50,28% - 59,6%
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

252 Atk Choice Band Heracross Night Slash vs 248 HP/176 Def Jellicent: 59,06% - 69, 98%

With Guts :

252 Atk Choice Band Heracross Night Slash vs 248 HP/176 Def Jellicent: 88,83% - 104,71%
28,2% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs 252 HP/252 Def Skarmory: 79,94% - 94,31%

@ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect

This is the specially defensive Heatran that Oblivion IX suggested, it work really good versus sun team except some Venausur with earthquake. Stealth rocks for damaging Pokemon on the switch, Protect for scouting and get some leftovers recovery, Lava plume for stab and burn rate and Roar for phazing special set up sweeper like Volcarona.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

An other Pokemon suggested by Oblivion IX, he is really good at late game sweep. Bold nature and defense Ev to take physical hit (Conkeldurr payback,...). Psychic for stab, Calm mind for increasing his power and Sp bulk, Recover for healing and focus blast for coverage. Slowbro Scald burn miss me, but Reuniclus power make up for it.

Final notes

Thank you for reading this RMT and sorry for my crappy english. Any suggestion on changing team member is appreciate.

Change are in bold.

Importable
Heatran (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
Airmure (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
Gastrodon-Ea (Gastrodon-East) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
Shaofouine (Mienshao) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Instead of putting a long list, I put a list of dangerous Pokemon for my teams:

-Thundurus: I can only defeat him if he don't get to much boost and don't have Grass knot
-Latios: He can be a problem some time if Heatran and Gastrodon is ko.

I thinks that all, but I probably forget some other potential threat.

Past member
@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Classic choice band Scizor set that everybody use with u-turn to scout, Bullet punch for priority, Superpower for hitting Ferrothorn or Magnezone on the switch and finally pursuit for removing Lati@s. Bullet punch hit really hard and destroy frail sweeper that doesn't resist it. He his great at revenge killing sun sweeper like Venausaur or Sawsbucks that kicks my team ass and he his my second dragon resistance. Max EV attack for maximum damage and Max Hp for general sponging.

Possible change: He his great but sometime traps in a move cost me the game, so maybe I will change his set or put him away from the team.

Synergy:
-Fire: Gastrodon, Slowbro

Hi there,
you have an interesting team and i do have some suggestions which might be of interest to you. As you may have noticed, your team can be weak to sun teams, and that's due to the fact that 3 of your pokemon are really weak to fire while 2 are weak to grass. You also pointed out some general weak points on your team on individual pokemon. You see, all the pokemon you listed are sets who rely on set ups. So why don't negate them? Try using Quagsire instead of Slowbro:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Anaware ability
Careful nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp.Def
Curse | Recover | Earthquake | Waterfall

Now, to help you deal with sun teams, try Heatran out. My choice would be switching Heracross out, as Scizor has speed and a priority move. But that's your choice, after all. Heatran helps you have a fire resistance and a good coverage.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Overheat | Earthpower | HP Ice | Flamethrower

Thank you to take a look at my teams and help me with suggestion.
I will try Quagsire and Heatran (I really want to keep Heracross, since the Rmt was created around him), but is 2 Pokemon weak 4X to grass ( Quagsire, Gastrodon) be dangerous?
Is Excadrill or Conkeldurr be more threatening since I use slowbro to stop him?

Hey GalliGator, this is a cool team but there are definitely ways in which it could be improved. First of all, I'm going to support Puking_Rainbow's suggestion of using Heatran in place of Heracross but try using a specially defensive variant instead. This will allow you to cover a large portion of the threats commonly seen on Sun teams while also forming an excellent defensive trio along side Skarmory and Gastrodon. Another bonus is that Heatran can use Stealth Rock which clears up a slot for you to run Spikes on Skarmory. Volcarona is a huge threat to your current team but using Heatran you won't have to worry about it as you can win thanks to the combination of Stealth Rock and Roar. Use a Calm (+SDef, -Atk) nature along with a simple EV spread of 252 HP and Sp. Def and 4 in Speed. Leftovers is the item you'll want and a moveset of Lava Plume, Stealth Rock, Protect, and Roar shall serve all of your needs.

Now that Heatran has Stealth Rock you should definitely be running Spikes on your Skarmory because as a wall it will have many chances to come in and set-up these entry hazards. There's obviously no reason to waste an opportunity like that by just coming in to wall and doing nothing else. If stall teams are giving you problems than you can simply use Taunt in place of Brave Bird. You try running a Shed Shell so that you can escape from Magnezone's clutches and because Skarm already has a reliable recovery move in Roost the constant HP gained at the end of each turn isn't absolutely necessarily.

Of course, now that Skarmory has the job of laying down Spikes you'll definitely want to use a Pokemon that can take full advantage of them. Calm Mind Reuniclus is a superb choice for this role as the entry hazards make it much easier for the fetus to get past its main counters: Jirachi, Tyranitar, and Scizor. Reuniclus also act effectively as a weapon against the forces of stall because of the fact that its immune to all forms of entry hazards along with HP depleting status ailments thanks to Magic Guard. Try replacing Slowbro with Reuniclus as you'll still have a pretty bulky wall and along with the help of Skarmory physical threats will be handled nicely. Here's the set:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers l Bold l 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Psychic l Focus Blast l Recover l Calm Mind

Anyways, good team and good luck.

Thank you for you're suggestion.
I will test puking rainbows and your suggestion tomorrow and will change the team in function of their performance.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i could see a sub + disable gengar seriously threatening your team... the most you can do is cb bullet punch him but tht is not a guaranteed ko and does something like 90% and if scizor is dead then gengar can sweep right through ur team

Well hopefully with the addition of reuniclus subsplit and subdisable shouldn't be too much trouble But maybe think of the all out life orb variant with trick room. Could really catch gengar off guard and speedy scizors and excadrills.

Hey there.

As people have mentioned, Volcarona is a huge threat to your team, so I'm going to support Oblivion's suggestion to use a specially defensive Heatran (with the moveset he suggested and the addition of Spikes on Skarmory. However, you should use it in place of Mienshao instead of Heracross, as not only is Mienshao is easily the most disposable member, but Heracross is the basis of your team.

On Skarmory take 16 evs out of defense and put them into speed. This will let you outrun standard Sub Punch offensive Breloom and ohko it with Brave Bird before it can Spore you. While rare, the extra speed evs will definitely help you more in the long run than 4 extra defense points.

On Scizor, run an EV spread of 200 HP / 56 Attack / 252 SpD (which BKC suggested to me in my RMT due to the Specs Latios problem that I had, which you do too). Specs Latios destroys your team, so this will let you take it's hits better; with Choice Band, the attack stat shouldn't be a problem.

I also agree with what Oblivion said about replacing Slowbro with CM Reuniclus. Skarmory can take on most physical attackers as is, so having a second physical wall isnt completely necessary. Reuniclus can also help you take down Ferrothorn quite easily, and wreck havoc on stall.

Change have been made, I take away Scizor and Slowbro for Heatran and Reuniclus.
Heatran addition in the team help me against sun team and let skarmory have spikes which is more useful. Reuniclus make a good set up sweeper at late game and counter Conkeldurr. I keep Mienshao instead of Scizor because I need is offensive presence early game ( I try play without him and it was awful).
I know by removing Scizor I have a Latios weakness but if I manage to play around, by switching Heatran in Draco meteor or switching Gastrodon in surf I can kill it.
And for subDisable Gengar I keep Gastrodon full health take the shadow ball, destroy Gengar sub with ice beam and scald him or recover, this only work if shadow ball don't decrease Spdef.
The change make the team better and I finally stay at the top 100 of PO server ( currently 97 with 1433, and I hope going higher in the futur)
So thank you Oblivion IX and theMasterOfOz for the suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)